Start by marking “Marked By Fate” as Want to Read:
Marked By Fate

Marked By Fate

(Marked By Fate #1)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Marked by Fate. Defined by Their Choices.

A collection of 25 Fantasy and Science Fiction YA coming of age novels from New York Times, USA Today, International, Amazon bestselling and Award-Winning authors!!

This action-packed boxset is filled with teen warriors who encounter shadows, queens, witches, wizards, werewolves, and shifters. Sometimes these young adults partner wit
3402 pages
Published October 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Marked By Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked By Fate

Candace Robinson
From this collection I've only read True Calling by: Siobhan Davis and Runes by: Ednah Walters, but they were both good reads! True Calling was an addicting dystopian that I couldn't put down and Runes was a fun take on Valkyrie!
Lola
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read some of the books that are part of this box set already. Below I share the list of books in this box set and share the summary of my review for the books that I read so far:

Runes by Ednah Walters

Fantasy of Frost by Kelly St. Clare - 4 stars
Fantasy of Frost was a great book and I really enjoyed it. I
Siobhan
Oct 04, 2017 is currently reading it
The Marked by Fate authors can be split into three distinct categories. The shortest category contains the authors I have read before: C.J. Anaya and Siobhan Davis. The longest category contains the authors whose books (be it the book included in this collection or another book they have written) are sitting on my to-read list: Ednah Walters, Rhonda Sermon, Kristin D. Van Risseghem, Raye Wagner, Kelly St. Clare, Sarah K.L. Wilson, Melle Amade, Hilary Thompson, Emily Martha Sorensen, Jamie Thornt ...more
Amber
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marked by Fate is an anthology of 25 stories. It Includes paranormal, fantasy and YA. This is a bit of a longer book so it took me a while to read. Each book is unique and interesting. I don’t think I really have anything negative to say about any of them. There is a book in the collection by the late Ednah Walters called Runes and it was my first book by her and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was well written. And I will definitely seek out other books by her.
How to Talk to Ghosts by Erin Hayes w
Cali Jewel
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing collection of short stories filled with danger, excitement, mystery, intrigue, adventure and heart pounding action that has you griping the edge of your seat as you read. Each unique world is entertaining and through provoking it also makes me want to read each series included now. Loved every last mini visit to all of these magical worlds.
Donna
Oct 23, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am still reading this but I will review each story as I go.

1. Runes by Ednah Walters- 3 stars
It was an interesting plot line. The characters were ok but the MC kind of annoyed me. She was so into one guy and all of a sudden she is in love with a different guy. Overall, it is an interesting book and worth the read. Will I read book 2? Maybe but I have a list of other series that I want to finish first.

2. The Midnight Society by Rhonda Sermon- 5 star
(read previously) I loved this book. It is a
The Mysterious Reader
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing collection. While I’ve already previously read a number of the contributions (all uniformly enjoyed - see below), there are tons of stories that are new or new to me. I’ve only read six of those new or old but new to me stories so far and found them uniformly excellent. Based on these alone this anthology is a steal, and that’s ignoring that there are a large number of other new stories remaining that I suspect I will equally enjoy.

I very highly recommend this anthology.

Here
Karla
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A number of authors participated. My favorite is Siobhán Davis. True calling is a captivating read that had me hooked from the first page. Since reading true calling I have read every book Siobhán has wrote. It still sits close to my heart. Highly recommend.
Kai
Shelves: arc
I was given an ARC by one of the authors in exchange for an honest review.
First let me say that I am really enjoying this collection. I spend so much time trying to find my next read that having so many good stories in one place is pretty awesome. Here's what I've read so far but I plan to update more as I go.

Fantasy of Frost by Kelly St. Clare:5 Stars
I love this book. I've read it prior to this anthology and still can't get enough. The world building was detailed and entrancing. The characters
Kalli Bunch
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Marked by Fate, but I also have mine pre-ordered and I'll tell you why. Not only are the books in this collection AMAZING!!!! I'm not even joking...seriously AMAZEBALLS!!! You're going to find TONS of new favorite authors. I went nuts hunting for the next books in many of these authors' collections. They are so EPIC!! Don't be put off by their names, either. I almost didn't read a book in this collection due to it's name (*ahem* Swords and Stilettos) but that actually turned ...more
Ola Adamska
Birth of Legends, Phaidra’s Story Volume 1 by Raye Wagner: 5 stars
I was really eager to read this one. Raye Wagner once again took us for a journey in Sphinx universe.
Finally, we see Phaidra's story - A Theban Sphinx. What was going on in Her Life? How life in the monster body made her bitter.
Join Phaidra and Priska in that amazing journey.
This one is not so YA as other books in the series.

Teeth of the Gods by Sarah K. L. Wilson: 5 stars
This read was amazing! If not a need to sleep I would fi
Angela
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Marked by Fate is a wonderful collection of young adult, fantasy and science fiction stories from some incredibly talented, best-selling and award-winning authors. I was so impressed with the quality and variety of stories that make up this anthology. There is such great value to be had by purchasing this set, because there are 26 fantastic stories to immerse yourself in- all for the cost of just one book. Most, if not all of these stories have been published individually by the authors,
Lorena
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
So far I have only read Fate's Legacy by Angela Fristoe, so my review is primarily based on that story. However, I am familiar with quite a few of the other authors in this collection, so I feel pretty confident that there are other stories I will enjoy in this collection and that I could recommend this collection to friends.

Fate's Legacy is the first book in an exciting new young adult speculative fiction series. It's being marketed as science fiction, but it has more of an urban fantasy/parano
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Star

Marked By Fate :A Young Adult Science Fiction Collection with Augmented Reality :Read,Watch Listen.The new ultimate reading experience  by :Kristin D.Van Risseghem,Rhonda Sermon,Kelly St.Clare,Raye Wagner, Ednah  Walters,Erin Hayes Siobhan Davis, Jamie Thornton ,Debra Krsiti,SarahK.L.Wilson,Hilary Thompson, Ingrid Seymour, Jeanne Bannon,Melle Amade ,Lena Mae Hill,C.J.Anaya,Jackson Dean Chase,D.L.Armillei,Emily Martha Sorenson,Amalie Jahn,Dionne Lister,J.L.Weil,Alisha Klapheke,Angela Frist
Chiara
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This boxset has so many amazing stories and includes my most favourite fantasy/romance authors. Having a boxset with Siobhan Davis, Ednah Walters, C.J Anaya and Raye Wagner included to name a few, you definitely can't go wrong!

Once you read these books you will definitely want to get more from these great authors and find out more about the stories.

Some of my favourite stories include:

True Calling: swoon-worthy romance and a fascinating new world! The relationship between the main characters,
Kim Shofner
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a good place to start if you're wanting to branch out. It's got young adult, paranormal, action, and some romance. Definitely a good collection of short stories. I can't really pin point a favorite story. Each one had its highlights. There were a few I liked better than others but all were still worth the read.
Joanne Hampton
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an array of stories. Loved reading about time travelers, the good and the bad, spirits and ghosts. What is reality, what is hell? Devils versus angels, super powers over magic. Invisibility over being seen. Doors that open to? Wolves to witches with sorcerers and vampires. Always on the outlook for someone who has a vendetta. Always, always look behind you! Great writers - great stories! Love all of them.
Jackie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome set of books that has you from the first book. What a collection of authors to make this so wonderful. Don’t miss out.
Diane
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-author, read-2017
I received an ARC of Unreality and enjoyed it. I am now looking forward to reading the rest of the boxed set.
Steph Warren
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have so far read two of the 25 novels included in this boxset, and cannot fault the selection and the price!

My reviews so far:

Magic Awakened - Meg Cowley

*I received a free ARC of this book. My decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Before I start my review, I just want to note that the ebook of this novel has all sorts of cool special features, which I am utterly unable to access as my Kindle is practically Arthurian itself! It sounds amazing though, so I thought I’d share the blurb fo
beautyguise
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best book box sets you can get! Even if you just read it for one or two of the authors that you already know. The others are just a great!

Unreality - Ingrid Seymour

Suspenseful. Dark. Riviting.

I finished this just after midnight, holy crap! The book just got to that point where you don't want to put it down. Even if you can barely see and can only keep one eye open.

I had my suspicions early on who the killer might be. But there were so many moments where I doubted mysel
Samantha Rae
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marked by Fate
Anthology
4 stars

Marked by Fate is an overall 4 stars book. Several authors have contributed to this anthology.

Runes (Book #1) by Ednah Walters
Raine doesn’t believe in the paranormal, she is feisty and speaks her mind. Torin St. James is the sexy bad boy and is devoted to Raine. This has mythology, teenage romance and so many twists and turns.
The Midnight Society by Rhonda Sermon
Cate thinks she is going insane, she is reliving every day the same but differently. She meets Austin, Ro
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
This is a great box set of 25 fantasy & science fiction stories (5 brand new) by a wonderful group of authors! Below are three selections from this set to give you an example of the awesome stories they have compiled for us here! Note that if you purchased the Special Edition, they are including “Augmented Reality technology” where you read, listen, and watch bonus content “to bring the characters and story to life around you.” I’m not sure how it works, but I can’t wait to give it a try!

Danielle
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Unreality was both fascinating and a bit of a disappointment at the same time.

I thought Meadow's psychic powers were interesting enough, with how when she got into her visions to find context clues --- what she calls 'bygones' --- that led to finding Kristie's body in the woods. It didn't read like an extensive, elaborate ability, like say, Eleven from Stranger Things. But Meadow's abilities focused on using them like how a detective uses evidence and hard work to get what they want. She had al
Jean Martin
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Runes by Edna Walters.
OMG!!! This was such an amazingly fantastic novel. Ms Walters was a truly gifted writer. She has certainly left her mark on the Sci-fi/Fantasy world. Runes is a great way to start the Marked by Fate Anthology.
Ms. Walters is a masterful tale teller. Her plot intriguing, refreshing and new. I love her characters which are painted in vivid reality. Ms. Walters was able to draw me in and keep me interested right up to the very amazing and zinging end. Loved it, Loved it, Lov
Lene Blackthorn
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing collection of fantasy books, and although I have only read two of them so far, I am definitely looking forward to reading the rest of them!

review of Trials of Teenage Werevulture by Emily Martha Sorensen

Shifters, fairies, dragon... whatever this author decides to write about, I am in for reading it. Fast.
Lisette is a teenage girl from a family of werehawks, about to be turned. But her turning does not end the way she imagined, and instead of being turned to werehawk, she ends up being w
Valkyrie Oracle
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best anthologies I have read to date. There are twice as many stories in this one than in most, AND they are full length novels, not short stories. One should note that even though they are full length novels, they do have cliffhangers.

A few of my favorites in this anthology are:

Runes by Ednah Walters
I enjoyed the weaving of Norse mythology into this story. When a mysterious guy moves in next door, Raine is drawn to him but there seems to be something dark around him to
Seraphia
How to Talk to Ghosts by Erin Hayes is book five in her The Cotton Candy Quintet. Lita is a teenage girl who can see ghosts and communicate with them. After her mother died things changed for her and her dad. He became more work driven and didn’t care what he had to do to get ahead. As Lita is working on her homework upstairs a phone call comes in with some news. Her great Uncle Neptune has passed away and her father sees a prime opportunity to strike and takeover the Uncle’s aquarium. When they ...more
Christinaraven
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another anthology full of great stories by great authors. It has it all as it is full of scifi and fantasy stories galore. And since they are for YA readers you know they are going to be clean and good. Plus I have read other books by some of these authors and they keep me entertained. And a few others were on my list to check out.

Below are reviews on the ones I have read so far: in no particular order

Teeth of the Gods:
What a crazy fun book to start a new series. The story follows Tylira, a roy
Jessica Woods
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
With twenty-six YA paranormal tales the collection has something for everyone. Having not made it through all of them yet, I will review the ones I have read which are all good stories. My voluntary and unbiased review is based upon a review copy.
* "Swords and Stilettos" is a somewhat predictable yet sweet and kind of addicting YA paranormal romance. Some goes from a normal life to being thrust into the world of angels, demons, fairies, and werewolves. On top of all that, she's believed to be t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a book to my author page 6 15 May 31, 2017 07:04PM
**JOIN MY EXCLUSIVE VIP LIST **

USA Today bestselling and Award-Winning, Kristin D. Van Risseghem grew up in a small town along the Mississippi River. Currently, Kristin lives in Minnesota with her husband and two Calico cats. She also loves attending book clubs, going shopping, and hanging out with friends. She has come to realize that she absolutely has an