Start by marking “Daughters of Britain” as Want to Read:
Daughters of Britain

Read Book

Daughters of Britain

68 ad.

The Roman Empire has swallowed most of Europe.
There are pockets of resistance...
but nowhere, no one, is safe.

Refugee. Slave. Queen.

Mederei, eldest daughter of the fallen war-queen Boudicca, fled north with her sister to continue the fight for British freedom.
But nowhere is safe from Rome.

Now she must fight for her life for the amusement of her enemy.

Soldier. Hosta
Published June 5th 2017 by Renaissance

To ask other readers questions about Daughters of Britain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughters of Britain

Cait Gordon
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-i-ve-met
Yet another triumph by author S. M. Carrière. Maybe I'm biased, being a Celtic princess myself, but I thought this was a great story. I am such a fan of how Sonia crafts her characters with a blend of strength and vulnerability, no matter what gender they possess. And I really enjoyed seeing hope and love take shape in a time when hope and love should have been impossible for anyone who wasn't Roman. I highly recommend to anyone who likes historical fiction.
Eric Desmarais
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating journey into the past filled with action and emotional depths that can only come from a novel by S. M. Carrière.

I was a beta reader for this book and I'm quoted on the cover. That means I'm not the most unbiased source.

This book reads like the best epic fantasies where you're transported into another world. As usual the strength of the author's writing is in the small human interactions and how much the they can make you love a character.

Warning, you'll fall in love with this book
Robert Dowsett
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I start this off by saying (probably to the author's chagrin) that I had super-high hopes for this book, because it was in the process of her writing it that I started reading some of her other novels (the Seraphime Saga, which I loved). I would see her posting little snippets of dialogue or narration on Facebook day by day, and those little snippets intrigued me enough to check out earlier books and now I pretty much snap up everything as it gets finished.

I'm not big on Historical Fiction - his
Nathan Frechette
A fantastic, moving story, with incredibly lifelike characters. Historical fiction is definitely not something I generally enjoy, but this book blew me away!
Julienne
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book - I loved the setting and the characters were emotionally engaging. I hope to see more in this era.
Jen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While historical fiction is not my preferred choice of reading material, I found myself drawn into the story and characters. I am incredibly impressed by the fight scenes in particular, and the author's ability to combine intensity and calm ire in a single phrase.
Definitely one of my favourites published by Renaissance Press, and I certainly wasn't expecting that.
Leela Martin
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read! It was full of strong female characters as well as lot's of adventure. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who loves Celtic history.
My only problem with this book was the enormous amount of characters, sometimes I had a hard time placing names.
Marjo
Dec 30, 2017
John Egan
Jan 11, 2018
Bill Eggleton
Dec 23, 2017
S.M. Carrière
May 29, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie
Sue
Daniel Muscat
Sandra Beck
Jun 05, 2017
When S.M. Carrière isn't brutally killing your favourite characters, she spends her time teaching martial arts, live streaming video games, and cuddling her cats. In other words, she spends her time teaching others to kill, streaming her digital kills, and cuddling furry murderers.

Author bio helpfully provided by Éric Desmarais.