Start by marking “No Ordinary Girl: Mind : tainted. Body : broken. Revenge; in motion...” as Want to Read:
No Ordinary Girl: Mind : tainted. Body : broken. Revenge; in motion...

No Ordinary Girl: Mind : tainted. Body : broken. Revenge; in motion...

What started out as a night of celebration for Aimee soon turned into a nightmare. Snatched by cruel, sadistic monsters - the worst creatures mankind has ever produced - she’s thrown into a metal container, among other victims too frightened to make a single sound.

The game-keepers force everyone to play. They deliver torment and pain in equal measure. Every hunter has the
Published May 28th 2017 by AAH Publishing

To ask other readers questions about No Ordinary Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Ordinary Girl

Dash fan
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4☆ Not for the Faint Hearted

No Ordinary Girl is a brutal story of a horrific game of being hunted and tortured by sick sadistic players bought to them by the game keepers. Except the Game are Humans.

This book reminded me of the Hunger games/ The Purge / Saw.

When I say brutal I also mean sadistic, No Ordinary Girl contains extreme violence, sex acts, rape, murder, torture.

Ok so now i have that bit out the way, down to the story,
It's not easy writing about the story without giving something away
sue
This is dark, this is darker than dark it’s pitch black.
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a twisted dark gruelling explicit book such as this. And it’s not something a ‘normal’ persons says.....but it was OMG fabulously written.

I read this in one sitting. Turned off my internet notifications and just sat on the edge.

Imagine going out one night, having fun then waking up inside a metal container, that’s not all.....
When she thought she was alone, she was not, definitely not for the faint hear
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
During a night of partying, Aimee and her friend Kelly meet two men who are charming and kind. Or so they think. When Aimee wakes up the next day, she finds that she's locked in a cage with a number of other people, all who have also been kidnapped. When she learns that she will be a pawn in the deadly game of sadistic killers, she will do anything to escape.

Detective Johnson has always been one step behind the killers, but this case has now become personal to him. Aimee's goal is survival. Can
Zoe
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Dark, gritty, and spine-chillingly disturbing!

No Ordinary Girl is a raw, gory thriller full of sadistic violence, abuse, pain, suffering, degradation, exploitation, revenge, sex, and murder.

The writing is macabre and exceptionally descriptive. The main heroine, Aimee, is beaten, battered, resilient and damaged. And the plot, although I think it could have had a little more story between the violence, especially in the second half of the novel, is a gripping, edge-of-your-seat tale that
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
As stated in the description this book contains graphic content and would personally recommend it to people over the age of eighteen.

The story starts off with Aimee and her best friend Kelly going on a night out. From that point on things get extremely dark indeed.

I have to admit the story feels part horror, part crime thriller. I had prepared myself for the graphic content but I have to admit I still found some parts quite disturbing. It would certainly make a good horror film. Other parts due
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this book and whilst this is a relatively short read it really packs a punch and deals with some tough issues.

The book only took me a couple of hours to read but whilst I was reading it I was engrossed and didn't want to be interrupted, I had to know where the story was going and how it was going to end - I was gripped, it is a dark story but it is very well planned and thought out to keep you engaged.

This is an excellent debut novel - Fou
Susan Hampson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love Hostel type stories then this book will be right up there for you to read as it is dark, gruesome and at times petrifying because if someone has enough money then someone else will provide what ever they desire. The story centre’s round Aimee from the night that she goes out with her best friend to a club, to finding herself wakening in a new and terrifying environment. It is a matter of let the games begin as the fruit loop clients have specific needs to be fulfilled with their grud ...more
M.A. Comley
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can I say except this book was absolutely astounding and it immediately goes into my top five reads, ever.

I read it in two days, very difficult usually with my hectic schedule but I finished it at 4.30 this morning because I HAD TO KNOW how it ended.

There is a warning of the book's page that it contains graphic content, if you're of a nervous disposition I urge you to heed that warning. There's graphic and there's graphic!!!

Saying that, I think it added to the believability of the sto
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Oh my (*insert swear word here*) goodness!!!!! Before I go any further, please be aware that this book contains extremely graphic, violent and sadistic scenes. If you're not a fan of highly graphic, non-consensual sexual violence, then this book is 100% not for you.

Right, now the warnings are out of the way, let's talk about my thoughts of the book!

The fact that I don't read blurbs, really did come back to bite me on m
Shell Baker
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking hell….what a book!

I cannot believe this is a debut novel Cheryl has done a brilliant job portraying a gripping story with an uncomfortable storyline about abduction and sadistic monsters. Which isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

But for me this could quite possibly be the darkest that I have ever read. I always say the darker the better and this book is darker than dark and is definitely not for the faint hearted with scenes that will turn your stomach into knots yes this boo
Mark Tilbury
This book has warnings about its graphic content, and readers who are easily offended or upset by scenes of sexual violence and torture should approach this book with caution. Saying that, if you don’t mind such topics and can see their importance within a story, then like me you’ll find this book an engrossing read.

The antagonists are depraved and sadistic, the protagonists brave and determined to find justice. The plot flows well and keeps your attention as you wonder at the evil man can do. A
Honest Jay
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, graphic, revenge
This debut novel from Cheryl Elaine is fast paced and had me gripped from start to finish. This is not a slow burner and is action packed from the beginning. This is a graphic crime novel with plenty of description from the author. A great read. Looking forward to the next one!
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
No Ordinary Girl is the first book by this author I have read and it wont be the last.
This book is DARK, gritty and hard to read in places but I needed to keep reading to find out what would happen next. There was very graphic content in this book and it wont be for everyone. There's lots of torture and rape involved. I love a good dark thriller and this one didn't disappoint but now I feel like I need a happy love story for me to recover from reading No Ordinary Girl.
The ending was a big shoc
Kris
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
RTC
Alfred Nobile
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, review-books
What a fast read this was.
A crossover between horror.and crime . I could see it as a film as well as a novel.
When you look at the author's face you wonder why a nice face could mask such a twisted mind. But they sometimes say the nice ones are the worst!
If you are looking for a nice gentle read then this is not for you. But if you don't mind graphic content,and a read that crosses into realms of horror, violence and sexual explicit content and OMG! moments.then this is the read for you.
Thanks C
Dee Williams
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the darkest and most gruesome books I have read but I loved it! Once I started reading it, I was completely gripped and finished this in under a day. The story is well written and you just can’t help but feel sorry for all the victims. There is a lot of blood and gore throughout the book. This story really isn’t for the faint hearted, having said that though, I would highly recommend this book.
Mistress  #darklings
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
*WARNING-GRAPHIC CONTENT*

I do just want to point out that this particular novel contains scenes of graphic sex/violence. It is all relevant to the storyline.

Ok, now I've warned you, here are my thoughts on No Ordinary Girl by Cheryl Elaine.

Aimee and her best friend Kelly go on a night out, to one of the upmarket clubs in town. They are celebrating Aimee getting her dream job. What starts off as two young girls, having fun and enjoying their carefree lives turns into a dark, horrific & tortur
Emma-louise Smith
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was graphic but did come with a warning. The only downside was that it felt a little rushed from the middle towards the end. I would have liked to have seen more about Aimee's time.
Katie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-bought
Wow, oh wow, Cheryl Elaine what a fabulous and disturbing read this was. From the first page I was on the edge of my seat and I raced through it in 24 hours. It was gripping, it was violent and it was graphic - please be warned if you don't like violent and graphic things this book is not for you!

Aimee is out on a night out with her best friend, Kelly, where things take a drastic turn. She's snatched up by what can only be described as monsters and when she wakes up, she discovers she's in a met
Robyn
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While out celebrating a new job offer, Aimee and Kelly found who they thought were the perfect men. Little did they know that these so-called perfect men were nothing more than sadistic monsters. Drugged and kidnapped Aimee wakes up locked in a dark and disgusting container and Kelly is no where in sight. Instead there are other scared kidnapped victims locked in the same container as her. All sharing the same frightened look.

Aimee along with the rest of the captives were all part of a sick and
Anne
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Please note the large print above; No Ordinary Girl really does contain graphic content, and lots of it. If you are easily offended by books that contain scenes of extreme torture, swearing and violent sex than this really is not the book for you.

I must admit that No Ordinary Girl is miles away from my usual sort of read and whilst I read a lot of crime fiction, there are details within this story that really turned my stomach. Fans of films such as Hostel and the Saw series will love it as it's
Leah Moyse
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
No Ordinary Girl comes with the disclaimer that it contains graphic content and that it does, so if you are of a sensitive disposition then this may not be the one for you. I however was hooked and read it in one sitting. I am not really one for horror films as I usually watch them from behind a cushion, however this book read very much like a script to me and had a cinematic feel to it.

There is gang of depraved people catering for the 'needs' of even more depraved people. Young people are goin
Zuzana
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book, well, I've expected it being very graphic and quite brutal. What I didn't expect was how fast pacing it was, how well it covered subject of human trafficking and for sure I didn't see Aimee becoming empowered woman after experiencing all the horrible things. Yes, however bad her actions seemed, it was still good to see, she wasn't broken (not the way they wanted her to be) and fought back, believing she can revenge all people affected. Very powerful story and left me quite raw and ope ...more
Karen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well where to start!!
The plot of the story was good to start with but it had no consistency.
I felt like I was reading a mix of the hunger games meets I spit on your grave with a bit of Simon Westerns life mixed into it.
The use of punctuation is poor and grammatically there were lots of errors too.
I had to finish reading the book just to see how it was going to finish, and the further into it I got the more rushed it felt. The last 10 or so chapters are the worst of all and felt like the author h
Joanne Southernwood
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book, thrilling from beginning to end, couldn't put it down.
OpenBookSociety.com
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scott

No Ordinary Girl: Mind : tainted. Body : broken. Revenge; in motion…
Cheryl Elaine
ASIN: B072C7YVFJ
Author’s Website: http://www.cherylelaine.co.uk/
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Scott

Summary:

What started out as a night of celebration for Aimee soon turned into a nightmare. Snatched by cruel, sadistic monsters – the worst creatures mankind has ever produced – she’s thrown into a metal container, among other victims too frightened to make a single sound.
The g

Source - Review copy/bought an ecopy from Amazon

Blurb from Goodreads

Mahathi Ramya
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a young girl Aimee who gets abducted by a dangerous gang 'Game keepers' and about her life which changes after that. But, even after going through horrendous experiences she survives and shows courage to ensure that no one else suffers like her in the future.

The writing style is casual and easy to follow. The plot is good and unpredictable. But, the only thing that concerned me is the extreme violence and abuse portrayed in the book. Of course, there is a warning in the blu
Jessica Bronder
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aimee goes out to party, meets some guys, and then wakes up in a cage with other people that have been kidnapped. But that is the start of the horrors about to happen. All of the captives are going to be used, hurt, and so much more for the pleasure of some really sick people. Aimee learns that she is not an ordinary person with all that she going through. But she might not be strong enough to survive. Detective Johnson is on a race against time to stop these killers. But it is personal for him ...more
Jess
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a copy of No Ordinary Girl in exchange for my honest review.

No Ordinary Girl is a fast paced, action-packed crime thriller. I enjoyed every single bone-chilling minute of it. Could you imagine if you were abducted and woke up in a metal container with no other choice than to live out some psychos fantasy??? The thought is making me cringe as I type this right now.

Aimee is faced with a decision…give up or fight. Her chance of escaping is slim, but can she just sit there a
« previous 1 3 next »
Cheryl Elaine was born in Germany but moved to England as a young child. she resides in Yorkshire with her husband and three daughters.
Cheryl Elaine is an avid reader and enjoys watching horror movies- the more gruesome the better!
she enjoys travelling and socialising but also loves spending time at home with her family and her ever expanding menagerie which currently includes two dogs, a budgie