Start by marking “The Safe Bet” as Want to Read:
The Safe Bet

The Safe Bet (Hidden Truths #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  631 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Michael Maddox thinks he has his life under control. No attachments, no relationships--he's too busy transforming his knack for military intelligence into a multi-million-dollar enterprise. But when headstrong event planner Kate Adams comes barreling into his life, everything changes.

From the moment she arrives in Charlotte, Kate is tongue-tied by Michael. She's never fall
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Safe Bet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Safe Bet

Carlene(Inspired)
4.5 Stars
Standalone in a series

Kate Adams is a consummate professional, she assists in planning the perfect events and keeps her personal and professional life separated. Helping plan an event for the Maddox siblings should be no problem, except for those butterflies she gets around Michael that leave her tongue tied and incapable of thought. He would be the perfect catch for Kate, if he was up for more than a one-night-stand...and he wasn't her client. When a stalker threatens Kate's safety, Mi
Christina
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars - 3 Flames

As a reviewer, you're given a list of books to pick and choose from. You read the blurb, look at the cover and make a decision on whether you're interested in diving in to the that particular world. I have to admit that when this book came up for "auction" (intended pun), I didn't grab it. Not because it didn't sound interesting, but because my plate was already pretty full. But guess what? I got it and am happy I had the chance to read it. There was so much more to the this
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡

I came across this book during the BookTour for the second book of this series. Our CoBlogger Kate read the second book mentioning to me that she had a problem with the Character named "Michael" as he interfered everywhere.
Well after reading the first book (and without reading the second) I must say - I think I can imagine what happend (I refuse the spoilers - lets just say he is kind of INTENSE) - but honestly here in his own story he is simply great -
The author walked a fine line between the
Stephanie Williams
4.5 "Man of Steel" Stars

*I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.*

I totally LOVED this read! Once I started, I could not put it down! I finished it in one sitting. The story and characters are very well written. Suspenseful and sexy, the twists kept me glued to the book. It's a strong start to this series. I can't wait to read Innocence & Betrayal. Brittney Sahin definitely has a new fan.
**The Wicked Reads Review Team**
Pandora Spocks
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughtful Romantic Thriller

Event planner Kate Adams has been hired to organize a fundraiser for a company in Charlotte owned by wealthy and handsome Michael Maddox and his sister Julia. When Kate and Michael meet, the chemistry is instant. While the attraction is mutual, Michael confesses he's not into relationships and Kate informs him that she doesn't do one-night stands. When Kate is threatened by a stalker, Michael takes her protection in his own hands. The sexual tension is palpable and co
greentreelife
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book was a little meh for me. Romance trying to bring some intrique into it. Plot wasn't bad and had potential but something was missing to make it work.

I hate when I can read similarities to other books (biting on the lower lip) which reminds me of a book (50 shades) en then a moment later there is a reference to that exact book. It makes me think the author used it as inspiration or tried a similar storyline. And once you fixate on the similarities, it is hard to miss.

I also don't like w
Aimie
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Silenced Memories is the first book in the Hidden Truths Series but can be read as a standalone.

Silenced Memories is about a woman named Kate Adams who has always been able to have a professional relationship with her clients, that is until Michael Maddox. Michael is a gorgeous, intelligent, former Marine that turned into a multi-millionaire entrepreneur. Michael may seem perfect but there is one problem, he doesn't do relationships. Kate doesn't do one night stands.

As the tense between Kate a
Lokki
This is a solid first book for the author but there was really nothing to write home about. It was pretty much standard fare for the genre and rather predictable. I really didn't feel the chemistry between the two main characters and the steam factor was lukewarm at best. The 'drama' was all rather contrived and I found myself wondering how oblivious the heroine could be. The writing was good overall, but there were many times when I felt the dialogue and prose clunky and stilted because the aut ...more
Wendy Livingstone
This is a debut novel from this author. I was not sure what to expect, but I need not have worried, it was absolutely amazing.
When Kate and Michael meet the attraction is instant and intense. Problem being that Michael does not do relationships, and Kate does not do one night stands. When Kate is threatened by a stalker, Michael steps in as her protector.
If you enjoy reading about PTSD, suspense, thrills and twists, with romance and hot sex, then don’t miss out on this read. Brittney has done a
Krystol
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate falls in love with a guy that she shouldn’t have. Given his history with women and the Marine’s Michael is not ready to be with someone of Kat’s caliber. Although they both go against what their mind says, their hearts tells a different story. Trying to focus on work and not Michael, she develops a stalker! Not just any stalker, but a stalker who knows more about her life then she does. I absolutely LOVED this book! I can’t explain it enough how this book made me feel. The ending was a dece ...more
Stephanie Collins
I was thoroughly entertained by this book. I can tell by my overflowing pile of dirty laundry and sink full of dirty dishes. I was just glued to the story until the end! I was pleasantly surprised by the unexpected plot twists and mystery, as well as the exciting level of suspense. It was very well written, and I look forward to Ms. Sahin's next title with enthusiastic anticipation!
J.A.
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Settle In Because You Won't Put It Down

Great read! Brittney Sahin brings solid writing, great characters, and a strong plot to the table. You won't want to miss this one.
Shelley Youngblood
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Safe Bet is a fantastic romantic suspense written by Brittney Sahin. It hooked me from the start and did not let go. I even found myself thinking about these characters, when I had to walk away from the world she created and back into my real life.

In this book you meet Kate Adams and Michael Maddox. Kate has come to Charlotte in interests of opening another branch of her event planning business, but when she arrives, she gets far more than she bargained for.

Michael Maddox is a former Marin
Reading Cafe
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished The Safe Bet a few days ago and it's DEFINITELY a MUST-READ! It's not just a love story or about the dirty sex scenes! It's about a strong female character who knows what she wants and works her ass off... And about a man whos been through some of the worse things but still finds it in his heart to love and show what it means to protect not only your country but also the people you love. The Safe Bet is book #1 in the Hidden Truths Series and trust me... you're absolutely going to fee ...more
~Mindy Lynn~
Jul 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, freebies
Amazon Freebie 7/8/17
Ashley
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5⭐ ...more
Dragonpoetikfly BlackHippyPoet310 Poetry
I really enjoyed the mystery behind the romance. At first I thought this was more about maternity and obsession. But, came to realize it's just about obsession and greed. That's what some of the intricate characters in the story were about. The suspense was very gratifying towards the outcome. I'll look forward to reading Jake's and Connor's story in the near future!
Alessia Crescenzo
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Ho vinto Silenced Memories qui su goodreads e l' ho letto con molto piacere perché chi mi conosce lo sa, ho un debole per le storie d'amore, e in silenced memories essa si presenta in una salsa del tutto nuova per me, perché non è un semplice romance ma è anche un mystery e non mi era mai capitato di leggere un libro simile.
Il mystery aggiunge quel tocco in più che rende la storia più intrigante e ti tiene incollata alle pagine.
Il libro parla di Kate, un'organizzatrice di eventi, che si ritrova
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Man Of Steel stars

Reading the debut novel by Brittney Sahin, I didn't really know what to expect but I love suspense romance so was intrigued to find out more about the story. In Silenced Memories she transports us to Charlotte with the love story that unfolds between Kate Adams and Michael Maddox. Brittney takes us and her characters on twists and turns full of secrecy, betrayal, danger, steam, and let's not forget all the hot ex-marines..
Di
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I have to apologize to the author, I reviewed the older version of this book not realizing that it had been updated. In my previous review I was not to fond of either characters at first. I was frustrated with Michael and Kate, his tendencies to go cold and allow women to saddle up to him in front her but no one was allowed to go near her, as well as the way he treated her in the penthouse. But also Kate when she allowed him to do this to her and not sticking up for herself when it came to ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a satisfying read. It mixes a good romance with a thriller (rather than the other way around) and though inevitably implausible, it is a good story.

Kate has had an interesting life, which has undoubtedly shaped some of her views about herself - and which Michael is perfectly happy to dispell, except he never gets involved with the women in his life ... as you can imagine the tension grows! But the twists and tur
S.J. Lynn
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been dying to read this book by Brittney Sahin. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. The flow of the story was nicely paced and the writing was excellent. She created such strong characters that you will fall immediately in love with and will be rooting for them from the start!
Devastatingly sexy, Michael Maddox, is a former Marine who is immediately smitten with Kate Adams.
When she finds herself being followed, Michael is all too eager to jump at her rescue.
But, he has a dark past that h
Pandora Tolson
If Brittney Sahin is not currently on your radar she soon will be as the next big up and comer.
Silenced Memories is the story of Kate, a event planner who has been hired by Julia Maddox to plan a fundraiser for her brother Michael a former Marine who hates the limelight, but has a charity to help ex-service men, as well as being a very successful business man.

Kate arrives in the town that she was born to work for Julia and Michael, whilst there she attracts some unwanted attention of a stalker
Theresa
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Kate Adams goes to Charlotte, NC for her job as an event planner. There are problems every where on this job. First her father doesn't want her in Charlotte and then the person paying the bill Michael Maddox for the event in Charlotte doesn't want her there. Things get more complicated when Michael let's her know he wants her, the problem he only does one night stands and she doesn't do one night stands. Everything takes a fast pace when she's suddenly stalked by someone unknown. A good story wi ...more
Rebecca
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Special thanks to Goodreads First reads, and the author who sent me this book in exchange for an honest review***

(view spoiler)
Marion
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read this book - I really enjoyed it! LOVED the characters!! I look forward to this author writing more books. Once I discover an author I love I read everything they write- so I hope she is working on another book!
Deb
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in one sitting. Reading the book felt like I was watching a movie- I absolutely loved Kate and Michael! The characters were dynamic and interesting and what an alpha male Michael was (yum!) - what I loved is that it is not predictable! Highly recommend!
Brea Ann
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Can't wait for the second book to come out in March!
Christine
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-books
It's a safe bet I won't be reading any additional books in this series....

Kate's blindsided by her attraction to the rich and mysterious (but hot) Michael Maddox. Since she's only going to be in town a short time, she decides that maybe she should have some no-strings fun with the handsome former soldier. As their mutual attraction blazes to life, they both find themselves wanting.....more. When Kate reveals that she's being threatened by an unknown stalker, Michael realizes that he will do what
Lillian Cummings
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lies to catch up with you. Kate has a chance at getting to work with the Maddox family and she hopes everything goes well but that is before she spills her drink all over Michael Maddox, hopefully that doesn't stop her from getting the job.
Kate has been given the chance to host an event by Michael which is a first as he doesn't like to use his wealth for anything other than helping fellow military personnel. He just wants to make a difference to their lives and if that means that he needs to go
Preview 1 5 Aug 07, 2015 02:29PM
  • Good Junk (Cliff St. James #2)
  • Freefall (Hide, #3)
  • Whispers
  • The Strange Attractor
  • The Arrangement
  • Murder in Silence (Duke Becker, #1)
  • With Zombies (Assured Destruction #3)
  • Engraved
  • The Chicago Cap Murders
  • Killing Silence (The Loser Mysteries, #1)
  • Shadow Wolf (Apache Protectors #1)
  • Fatal Rhythm (Texas Medical Center Mystery #1)
  • Gold Medal Threat
  • Murder on Ice (A Figure Skating Mystery #1)
  • Missing in the Glades (Marshland Justice, #1)
  • Restless Mind
  • The Old Gray Wolf (Charlie Moon #17)
  • Mirrored Deception
14202264
Brittney Sahin began writing at an early age, with the dream to be a published author before the age of 18. Although academic pursuits (and, later, a teaching career) interrupted her aspirations, she never stopped writing—never stopped imagining.

It wasn’t until her students encouraged her to follow her dreams that Brittney said goodbye to Upstate New York in order to start a new adventure in the p
More about Brittney Sahin...

Hidden Truths (3 books)
  • Beyond the Chase
  • The Hard Truth

“Michael tried to focus, but he found himself consumed by his past, by the memories he had tried to silence.” 2 likes