Start by marking “Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)

Read Book

Three Abductions and an Earl

(Parvenues & Paramours #1)

London-hating dreamer, Lydia Norwood, has failed spectacularly as a débutante. Now an encoretante whose family has lost a fortune, Lydia discovers that the beau monde is hard on a nouveau riche social climber, particularly one who is no longer riche and only wants to climb trees. Lydia must stave off the effrontery of rakes and conniving competitors long enough to make a g ...more
Published May 28th 2017 by Winding Path Books

Start your review of Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
Ursula
1.5 stars.
This might have been a good story, (the actual writing is good) except for a few things. Let me mention some of them.

The heroine starts out as a virginal ingenue, then metamorphoses into a sex-crazy vamp halfway through, complete with a sex manual courtesy of her weird best friend. Regency setting? Hmmm..

The hero is very weak and kind of pathetic. He procrastinates, pontificates and generally manages to do nothing unless he is stuffing something up. I'm reading HR here- I need a real h
N.N. Light
This was a hard book to read and a much harder book to review. While I loved the premise of this book, the characters and endless bad events that continued to impede Lydia and her family were too much for me to take. I finally had to stop reading at 56% or else I was going to go mad.

Please don't think that the writing is bad because it was beautifully written. Candle's turn of phrase and historical accuracy both make it a fine read. I just think there's too much badness and not enough resolutio
Cheryl  K
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting historical romance. This story portrays how devious ladies and their mothers can be when trying to secure a wealthy husband, especially an earl. The story is unique with its subplots and the mixed-up chaos surrounding the characters. At first I found the various crisis’s overwhelming, pulling my attention in different directions, wondering how it was relevant to the main story. By the middle of the book I did not want to put it down wondering what will happen next. I was pleasantly s ...more
InD'tale Magazine
Along with well-developed characters and an energetic storyline, readers will love the wit, romance, banter, and steam that ensue.

Read full review in the 2017 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Coco.V
Sep 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (9/5/2018)!💝
Kat
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received this book from Tessa Candle free of cost to review same. All opinions are my own. With that being said...

I don't like to leave a lukewarm or bad review; it was lovely to be asked to review it. However, this book just wasn't for me. I usually read books quicker than this, but it took quite a long time to grab my attention. About 100 pages could be cut out to make the story more streamlined. I was about one-third through the book before the story really started to move. There were many
Teri Donaldson
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not your typical Regency romance. The storyline line zigs and zags in lots of different directions and offers the reader much to keep our interest.
The hero sets his course on love and tries not to waiver despite many conniving debutantes and their mamas and other men who want Lydia for her large dowry.
From the beautiful cover to the words inside, Ms. Candle has delivered an engaging book that kept me cheering on Lydia and Lord Aldley and hoping that they would get their HEA.
As this is th
Maggie Whitworth
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋
This is my first of Tessa's books , and I quite enjoyed the read .
It was entertaining and the Witty banter between the two main women was great , my only problem was that around half way through it started to feel as though the main h had changed .
The story is about Lydia and Thomas , and their trials in their relationship, and is really good , however Tilly’s characters tends to take over , she’s such a strong woman very independent.
The next book in the series is Tilly’s and I felt
Corinne
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I intend to read more from Tessa Candle! Written with a humorous touch and some suspenseful scenes. I especially liked the opening scene, wherein our heroine Lydia is "escaping" in a park tree with a good book. She is a very sensible 19 who gets an education in how to get through the season from her new and unexpected friend Tilly and Tilly's talent for planning and scheming.
Aldley has some family problems to solve and has his true friend Rutherford at his side. I can imagine a story for Ruther
Melissa
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
No words

I got barely in and couldn't figure out what the book is about. It drags and is flighty in its rhythm of story.
The only saving grace I didn't pay for it.
I honestly can't read anymore to figure out if it's good or steamy.
Quinn Fforde
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
It started very enjoyably, but it bogged down into too many subplots. The quality of the writing was uneven. I skimmed quite a lot. I would read more by this author, but she needs to cut more.
Elodie
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had relinquished for a while to read this book, its length is probably the cause.
I do prefer my read to be read in one day or no more than two days, so with the holidays and me working, I did know I will need more time for this one, so as my next awaited book was only due for the 26th, I though I would give it a try.
The beginning was full of promises, I was also a bit scared by the reviews which speak about too many twists and plots, I just do hope the book will follow the good vibes I felt du
Vana
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The book really started out quite well and has good humorous dialogue. I did however find the book dry in places. The story was unnecessarily wordy and overdone and the last third of the book was a struggle to finish. The story could have been wrapped up much more efficiently.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to call this book steamy, but that was not a problem for me. Those who expect steamy, though, will be disappointed. The romantic aspect was not developed enough.

The main character Aldley was
Cyndi
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a ride !! Twists, turns ,bumps and oh my goodness ...an eventual happy life for our hero and heroine ..
This is a first book by this author for me and I enjoyed it ...a bit longer than what I usually read but still enticing enough for me to " what's happening next " .
Now that Lydia and Thomas are happy my curiosity is on high as to Tilly and Rutherford and what is to become of them ...hmmmmm...😊😊
vaneeta naik
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
1st of all i would like to mention "I received this book for free and voluntarily reviewed."

i liked the book by tessa....the storyline is good ...i found d character of Lydia presented
well...strong ...independent. smart. down to earth, intelligent, brave in a women who
belongs in d Regency times ....d book was lengthy & there were too many side plots in
story so it was a bit confusing to assemble everything .... too many characters & there
meddling was very distracting so the gist of d story of d
Eunice Robertson
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely romp this was - a feisty heroine, a love-sick nobleman, and those who were determined to keep them apart. Loved it. (I voluntarily reviewed this free book).
Theresa Depiano
Kebby Shropshire
Sep 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disappointing

This fell apart after the first chapter. The heroine was refreshing, but as other reviewers have pointed out, the inane chatter with so many other characters was boring. The hero wandered off every now and then to tend to other matters, so the romance stalls. Then toward the end of the book it is just sex -- and not particularly sensual.

I kept thinking it would get better but it didn't.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Three Abductions and an Earl:A Steamy Regency Romance

The love story of Lydra and Lord Aldley. Lydra save Lord Aldley by stopping a young lady from put him in a position he would have to marry her. He goes to Paris for a few years when he return he looking for a wife. Aldley is on the marry mark and a heiress and fortune hunter are after her. Can they find each other and be happy. Great story.
Deena
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating read

I could not put this book down. The plot's twists and turns kept me guessing as to what will happen next. I can not wait to get my hands on the next book in the series to see what happens to Tilly after reading the preview. Great job Ms Candle.
Polly Dot
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
A romp that kept me well entertained, even though the level of writing wasn't up to my normal standards. Innocent, laugh-out-loud fun. ...more
Deborah Carter
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. The heroine, Lydia, is nouveau riche. The ton hate her kind but need her money to bolster the family fortunes, Lydia has had more than one season. She is not worried as her family does not need her to marry well. Lydia likes to read, climb trees and be left alone. She rescues the Earl from a marital trap. He travels to Paris never knowing who she is. It is during the current season that her father finally tells her that they are no longer rich and that she needs to make a ...more
Sharyn
Sep 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
bell
Disclaimer- I mainly write reviews for me, because I read so many books It jogs my memory so I remember what book I read, these are by no means "professional" .
The book started off great until about chapter 4 , then I only got through this book by skipping chapter upon chapter. This story is only about abductions, in fact there are so many I am surprised that people didn't start hiding in their homes from fear. Every time I skipped chapters, another kidnapping was happening. It surpassed even m
Ev Bishop
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Whew, such great fun and such an up and down gallop along hilly, twisty roads!

I read this book from start to finish in just two days. I didn't want to put it down or climb back into the reality of here and now; I wanted to stay up in a leafy tree or on the back of a fast horse with zany, ever-original Lydia forever.

Wonderful characters abound in this book. Lydia is a fantastic heroine, bold and unique and totally relatable, her love interest, Aldley, is lovely (and yummy), and her friends and
Tracy
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A wonderful book.
Filled with larger than life characters and as the title says 3 abductions.
This is the first book by Tessa Candle that I've read but it won't be the last.
Charmian
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC Romance Reviews Magazine UK:
First off the premise and title reveal almost all the major plot points including one or two plot spoilers. Though why Jane Austen’s wit and elevated dialogue in Pride and Prejudice gets a mention I know not after reading Three Abductions and An Earl.

Apart from the revealing premise the story started well with a little intrigue, and it progressed at a steady pace with amusing asides and character introductions. Though it slowed a great deal and required a good man
Shannon
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A delightful farce is the only way I can describe this book. It moved quickly with over the top antics, that nonetheless manage to remain plausible obstacles to the hero and heroine getting together. One aspect that I appreciated in particular was that misunderstandings were not a major plot point and were always quickly resolved and forgiven.

The dialogue was smart and key to following the storyline. It requires focus to keep up with, but is well worth the effort. It also felt well researched w
Maria Griffo
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me. The book was well written just a bit too much going on at once. the story was well-developed along with the characters and an energetic storyline... wit, romance, banter.

this is the story of Lydia Norwood and Thomas Aldley, two people from to different class of society and there friends.

Lydia's family was well off but not of title but from the working class. Some bad investments have but a strain on the family finances. She has made one good friend who is trying to
Tisa
Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
London-hating dreamer, Lydia Norwood, had enough of society's version of what is acceptable or not. She needs to make a match to earn money for the financial mistakes her father made with their estate. She feels she needs to make a good match to save her parent's estate. Though she falls for Lord Aldley who is a distraction she cannot afford. But they share such an enchanted history, how can her heart resist?

The tragically virtuous Earl of Aldley is tired of ambitious families hurling debutantes
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Disappearance of Lady Edith (The Undaunted Debutantes, #1)
  • Scandalous Endeavors (Ladies and Scoundrels #1)
  • Theodora (Lady Archer's Creed, #1)
  • Reason to Wed (Distinguished Rogues, #7)
  • Shunned No More (A Lady Forsaken, #1)
  • The Thief Steals Her Earl
  • A Lady's Luck (Devilish Lords, #4; Bluestocking Battalion, #0.5)
  • Dukes of War (Books 1-2): Historical Romance Collection (Regency Romance Tasters)
  • The Perfect Debutante (The Perfect Regency, #1)
  • In the Viscount’s Arms (Staunton Sisters #1)
  • Belle of the Ball (Desperate and Daring, #2)
  • Don't Tie the Knot (Wedding Trouble, #1)
  • One Wild Dawn (The Northumberland Nine #1)
  • Lord Hathaway's New Bride (Hathaway Heirs, #2)
  • The Bluestocking and the Rake (Hearts in Hiding Book 2)
  • Letter from a Rake (The Duke of Strathmore #1)
  • Master of My Dreams (Heroes of the Sea, #1)
  • The Lieutenant and the Lady (The Blue Rose Regency Romances: The Culpepper Misses, #5)

Parvenues & Paramours (5 books)
  • Mistress of Two Fortunes and a Duke: A Regency Romance Novel (Parvenues & Paramours 2)
  • Three Masks and a Marquess (Parvenues & Paramours, #3)
  • Two Brides and a Duke: A Regency Romance Novel (Parvenues & Paramours 4)
  • Two Lady Scoundrels and a Duke