Start by marking “Jesse (The Boys of Brighton, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jesse (The Boys of Brighton, #4)

Jesse

(Boys of Brighton #4)

Welcome back to Brighton, Texas. Where any man can find home.

HEATING UP

Royce Evans has worked as a paramedic in Brighton since graduating college. After the accident, though, his life seemed over. His husband died. Then he met Jesse. Handsome, brave, loving—the short-order cook is everything Royce desires. Everything he’d thought forever gone. Now Jesse’s tan, muscled
Published June 2nd 2017 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published June 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Jesse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse

Start your review of Jesse (The Boys of Brighton, #4)
Carra
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of the first four books in this series, Jesse is my favorite so far. Just like with Rick's Bear, Jesse is driven by the main characters, Jesse and Royce, and it was very easy to sympathize with Jesse's family situation. In fact, I wanted my chance at Jesse's family to personally rip them up for how they treated him.

Royce is quite protective of Jesse, even when he feels like his heart might be broken by him. I loved the way everyone around them also became Jesse's protectors--the family and commu
Candice
I thought I was going to like Jesse's book more than I did. Maybe it was Royce I didn't like? I don't know. Something was missing. ...more
Becca
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so wanted for Jesse to get a happy ending. Something. He has been through so much, just trying to protect his friends in this new place he’s at. He’s finally found friends, a boyfriend, and so much more. This book is so good. But I do need to warn you. It deals with severe homophobia, beatings, abuse, attempted murder and more. If any is a trigger for you, you need to be careful.
After being on the run for so long, Jesse thought he finally found a home. He still has doubts when it comes to his
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jesse found his chance to blossom. To have all that he had been denied. Royce finds in Jesse everything that he thought was lost to him forever. With test and trials laid before them. They find that being together makes them stronger. I loved reading this one. I felt that I could have just jumped right in and started her and not missed a thing in the series. But of course I began at the beginning. Jesse and Royce together have my heart. Jesse has it all by himself.
Kaila
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh jesse and royce.. they are so perfect... as individuals they are so broken and strong.. together they are even more.. it is amazing.. it is sexy and wonderful and i enjoy it so much.. i love how damaged the characters in this series are.. i love how it isnt easy.. i love how much they all love and their family they have made. it is amazing.
Karolina Cebula
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, in-english
*4,5-5 stars*
Jesse tried to escape from his abusive family, who made his life a living hell. Unfortunately, blinded by hatred, his relatives come to Brighton and clearly try not only to torment the man, but probably kill him. Jesse is terrified, he doesn't know what to do, fortunately, he has Royce by his side. Royce has already lost his beloved once and will not let it happen again. Together they must fight for their happiness.

"Jesse" is undoubtedly another pretty good novella in "Boys of Brigh
Coastie  Mom
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Once again, M. Tasia has drawn me into this series. I am having a hard time putting my Kindle down and I am on a binge reading kick to read all 10 books in this series. I just have to find out what happens with each of these wonderful characters. Another thing I am loving about this series is that it picks up almost where the last book left off. This is the story of Jesse and Royce. Jesse is a cook in the diner owned by Bear and Rick. He is basically on the run from his family as they did nothin ...more
Brianne McCallum
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was given a free arc copy from the author for review.

This can be read as a standalone but if you intend to read the series then read them in order as there are spoilers about the previous books in this one.

Royce is an EMT. His husband and high school sweetheart died and he didn't think he could love again til he met Jesse and they have been together 4 months. Jesse ran away from his crazy homophobic family that tried to force him into conversion therapy and he has has to keep moving
avid reader 1
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The author writes beautiful, damaged characters and their soul mates who defy odds and win their HEA no matter the cost.
Royce is strong and fierce in his love for Jesse. Royce's strength complements Jesse's submissive and timid nature beautifully. Not getting into the reasons for the timidity, the author gives us insight into the mind of such a person. While uncomfortable at times, it feels real and reminds us that there are those that cannot be as strong as others, who need
Faye K
💖 Loved this book, finding it hard to put down. I fell for Jessie and Royce as their story comes to life as danger is afoot. The story includes drama and action and a little danger is there and well written. The mad redemption squad aka Jessie's family is targeting Jessie but he has no idea why. I loved all the characters, especially Travis and Matthew totally want to read their stories with their prospective partners.

Jessie is running from his family again thankfully his boyfriend and medic, R
Shannon  M. Williams
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Royce and Jesse Stole my Heart!
“Jesse,” the fourth novella in M. Tasia’s Boys of Brighton series includes all the action, suspense, steamy chemistry, and love that I’ve come to expect in them. Royce, a handsome, caring paramedic and Jesse, the gorgeous, gentle cook in the town diner, find each other in an instant, undeniable connection that both sizzles and tugs at the heart. A widower, Royce is finally willing to put himself out there again and is eager to move forward with Jesse, whose horribl
Charlotte
Royce found himself on the wrong side of a gun muzzle in the previous book. Since his injury, Jess has been living with him. But Jesse's religious-cult-like family is still after him! I had a moment reading this particular book when I thought to myself, " don't ever move to a town like Brighton." Someone is shot, stalked, tossed off a building, or run over in every book!

Royce hires the local security team to watch over Jesse while they both struggle to live their daily lives without being fearfu
Stephanie W
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
The introduction of the main characters' backgrounds are virtually seamless. Not only do you remember parts of these two as side characters, but now their story continues as main characters.

Jesse and Royce both come from opposite sides but share one common goal - their personal happiness. How they arrive there is most intriguing.
Especially given Jesse's family is a devout religious-like cult and is hot on his heels. Royce, paramedic by trade, lost his husband many years prior and very nearly lo
C.B.
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes family can be a burden. It's an excellent author, that can make your bloodpressure rise as a reaction to a character. Jesse, is a large sweet marshmallow. He is on the run from his zealous family, who feels he needs to be rehabilitated for being gay. He ran away 10 years ago, and has been looking over his should ever since. He saw his cousins a few years ago and hopes to continue to avoid them. Royce, his boyfriend assumes the role of his protector. The loving care these men share is l ...more
Juniper Greer-Ashe
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jesse is such an interesting character, and he's been through a lot-- so it's worth watching him go through a bit more in order to see him find happiness and safety with Royce. So many things happen to them over the course of the novel, but I like that Jesse stays true to himself the whole way through. There were definitely moments that the author's narrational style wasn't for me-- there's a lot of being told what's happening, or has happened, or how characters feel, and very little showing, bu ...more
Missy Clifton
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As big as Jesse is you would think he is the dominant one, the one who "wears the pants" in a relationship...nope, not Jesse! After all he has been (and is going through) you would think his attitude would be horrible...Nope! Jesse is just a big cuddlebug and I am so happy he has Royce. Being with Royce allows Jesse's true personality to shine through so he doesn't have to be the tough one. I am so happy to have read their story after seeing glimpses of them in the other books from this series a ...more
Epiphany
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-tasia
This is the fourth and last book in the Boys of Brighton series. This book to me was a roller coaster ride of emotion. Paramedic Royce Evans and short-order cook Jesse have hard pasts in their lives. If they can get past the hurt in their lives they just might make it. There is loss, grief, abuse, hatred, and love in this storyline. This book and series is about acceptance and love. I wish everyone, no matter what they have going on in their lives, could find this kind of love and acceptance tha ...more
Suzanne Irving
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book from the cover to the ending. I am really enjoying this series that has a lot of interweaving story lines in addition to the main romance between the two main characters. All these books have been terrific so far and the only problem that I have with them is that they are sucking me into the world of Brighton and I don’t want to do anything other than read the next book. Terrific book.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Janet Hunt
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Royce, a paramedic is lost. He lost his husband in an accident. He meets Jesse who is a cook and falls hard. Jesse has had a turbulent past that he ran from. Both main characters were so broken. But together, they were strong. I loved this one the best of all the series so far. So many feels…
I am voluntarily leaving a review form an ARC that I received. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and opinions.
Sara Sigler
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jesse had a very hard life after what his family did to him until he got to Brighton. Bear gave Jesse a chance to be a cook in his restaurant then he met Royce when he got hurt. Royce found his second chance at love and they made it through everything that his family did to them. Really love what Jesse is doing in the end and not letting his family take him down. Great book! Can’t wait to read the next book!,
Eliza
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I loved this work, I’m loving this series. Each work introduces new characters that I can’t wait to read their stories. I loved the plot and dynamics of this work. It was set up wonderfully and came together smoothly. The story held my attention, the characters were fantastic and their growth over the course of the story was great.

I give this a five out of five stars.

Cynthia Brooks
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jessie has been on the run from his family for years and wherever he goes they seem to find him. He lands in Brighton, gets a job as a cook at the diner and meets Royce the love of his life. Royce lost his husband in a car accident. He thinks he'll never fall in love again and then he meets Jessie. When things start settling down for them Jessie's family up the game. They're trying to kill him now. I enjoyed this book.
L H
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This one is very emotional. Royce and Jesse are both in need of healing as each has dealt with pain and heartache in their lives. These two are a good couple and perfect for one another and the combination of Royce's strength and Jesse's quite and more shy and submissive nature goes well together. Jesse deserved someone like Royce in his life given the fact that his family was awful to him. A must read.

Sue bowdley
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-male
Well this one was a bit more tense to read than the last three....Poor Jesse had a hell of a time with his horrible family.....Royce went through hell too....Everyone though stood by them and were there to help...Am so looking forward to the next book which is Coop....Not sen much of him in the first four but I can't wait to read about him and Matthew x ...more
Richard L. Sprowles
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Boring....the only reason I finish her books is that I have never started a book without completing it...yes I know, often a waste of time but.......anyway I get so tired of the repetitiousness of the reassurances, the self doubt, the whining of these men. It is so formulaic and predictable and, did I say boring?

Barbara Lampron
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

I love all the stories about those boys from Brighton. And just wondering how many more are there. I just can't get enough! I love them all and even the white haired group. They certainly step in all the time for the boys to help out. Love it.
Isha
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loving this series.

What a great addition to this series. Loved the characters, loved the plot. Love how Royce loved Jesse. The love they have for each other is priceless. And I hope Matthew and Travis gets a book as well!!
Becki pontius
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading Jesse

Loved reading Jesse. Read all four actually in order. Something that usually doesn't happens for me. Enjoyed them all greatly. Good strong characters and good story lines. Enjoyed them all. Hope Matthew and Coop get their own book???
Nicole
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A good quick uncomplicated, no great thought needed to read bk and series. Enjoyable and Entertaining. Insta Love, Insta Relationship, Insta Connection.
Worth the read. Recommend.
Series best read in order.
Kathryn Manzella
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse is the fourth book in the The Boys of Brighton series by M Tasia. This is contemporary m/m romance with suspense and steam. I adore Jesse and Royce. They have some angst to their story but a love of sweetness too. The book is sweet and entertaining and makes me want another book.

• Rise and Fall (Vanguard Towers #5)
  • Ryder (Blue Collar Daddies, #1)
  • Remington (The Theriot Family #1)
  • Just Like Heaven (The Young Americans, #1)
  • Lost in the Florist (Blooming Hearts, #1)
  • The One Night Plan
  • Flat Whites & Chocolate Fish (Southern Lights #3)
  • Freedom (F-Word, #5)
  • His Horizon (His #1)
  • Better Have Heart (Harrison Campus, #2)
  • King's Gambit (Road to Redemption #1)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • Behind the Stick (Speakeasy, #3)
  • His Hart's Command (Nothing Special, #6)
  • Chaos Moon (Four Moons, #2)
  • People Like Us (Winsford Green #2)
  • Spell Cat (The Aloysius Tales, #1)
See top shelves…
M. Tasia is an mm romance author who lives in Ontario, Canada. Michelle is a dedicated people watcher, lover of romance novels, 80’s rock, and happily ever afters (once the MCs are put through their paces), who grew up with a love of reading. She’s a firm believer that everyone deserves to have love, excitement, and crazy hot romance in their lives. Love should be celebrated and shared.

Boys of Brighton (10 books)
  • Gabe (Boys of Brighton, #1)
  • Sam's Soldiers (Boys of Brighton, #2)
  • Rick's Bear (Boys of Brighton, #3)
  • Coop (Boys of Brighton, #5)
  • Travis (Boys of Brighton, #6)
  • Grady (Boys of Brighton #7)
  • Vincent (Boys of Brighton #8)
  • Shadow (Boys of Brighton #9)
  • The Holidays (Boys of Brighton #10)

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...