Start by marking “The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)

The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle #5)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,113 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman: A Novel
Mass Market Paperback, 340 pages
Published October 31st 2006 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman

Stephanie Burkhart
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Hunter weaves a masterful tale of seduction and passion in “The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman.” Devon Boscastle is a rakehell who has no desire to settle down and find a wife – until he’s forced into a marriage of convenience with a young debutante, Jocelyn Lydbury. For Devon, there’s nothing as passionate or as sexy than falling in love with his own wife!

The novel opens with Devon attending a social party in Essex. Several games and events are planned, and the party is scheduled to last a week. A
Laura V.
Se lee, pero en comparación a las historias divertidas y smexy que fueron el libro de Grayson o Heath esto no le llega ni por un pelo pero está al nivel de las historias de Chloe o Drake.

Devon junto con Drake era de los Boscastle más mujeriegos y juerguistas, así que imaginen su sorpresa cuando se encuentra comprometido con una mujer que ni "conoce". A simple vista parece la oportunidad perfecta para desarrollar una comedia o un romance lleno de enredos donde los protas comiencen una camaraderí
Connie
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was great, I couldn't put it down. It is part of a series and I never knew it, it had a beginning, middle,and end. It told the story of one of the Boscastle men. I can't wait to read about the rest. It reminded me of another favorite Tracy Anne Warren. Jillian writes about London Society as it is in my head. She is highly graffic in the love department and I fell in love with each and every member of the family.
Trudy Miner
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
After ditching meeting Jocelyn Lydbury at a dinner given by her father several years earlier, Lord Devon Boscastle, London's most famous rake, was still surprised to see her at the infamous Lord Alton Fershaw's annual house party in the English countryside. Unfortunately, each of them responded to a mysterious invitation to a secret rendezvous at midnight thinking it was for another and got caught before they could unmask who sent them their invitations; they were forced into marriage when they ...more
buttercup
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
i so wanted to read Devon's perspective ever since i read The Duchess Diaries..
i am a bit disappointed because i expected more of Devon's witty behaviour,,as seen in other books by his interactions..
♡Karlyn P♡
Some great one liners and a some cheeky sexy humor, but for the most part very average. I've wanted to try this author for a few years and glad I gave her a try. I did end up skimming the last 1/3rd of the book as the story was predictable, but it held my interest enough to finish. Not sure if I'll read more by this author, but wont rule it out.
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-reads
A good change-up in plot for this series - they were starting to get a bit stuck with the hero/heroine relationship.

One plothole: why is Jocelyn not more upset that her father and brother back out of attending the wedding at the last minute? She also seems a bit "blah" about the fact that her dad hit her on occasion, too. Hmmm.
Cathiecaffey
Dec 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one too of Devon's story. I loved how simple this was. I was reading from start to finish with rarely putting it down. I have many favorites because the stories are theirs alone, and this is true of this one too! Next up will be Emma's story in THE DEVILISH PLEASURES OF A DUKE.
Amanda
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Another great book in the series. I like the leading couple.
The story did feel a little rushed at times. And the font was HUGE.
Terri
Sep 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is number 5 in this series i loved it very interesting full of love sex and some drama.
Luvmyfamily
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It had a little of Heaths story in it and a tiny bit of Drakes story in it but a WHOLE lot of Devon alone!!! I love him as much as I love Heath!!!
Kim
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice plot - funny and also intriguing.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5....there isn't a JH book I don't like and I love the Bocastles...period!I cant get enough of them and dread the day when I finish the series.
Ingrid
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing loved family Boscastel;)*
Mayim De Vries
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh I liked Devon in the previous books. Of all the Boscastle lot he and Drake seemed to be the genuine rakes as in: epicentres of male egos and sensuality. Particularly Devon was always presented by Hunter as the devil-may-care rogue whose serious sentiments were family-related. But even this consideration not always proved to be an inhibiting factor (his Kissing Highwayman episode bring the proof of that). Devon meant trouble and challenge and I wondered who will Hunter pair him with.

Alas! Joce
Abby
Apr 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Devon and Josclyn's story is very different from the rest of the Boscastle books. The only one that focuses on a forced marriage, the tensions are of a different type in this book as opposed to the others in the series. However, I found Devon's actions childish and at odds against the narrative's insistence that a Boscastle would never hurt a woman. Maybe not physically, but the unwitting emotional turmoil that Devon puts Josclyn through is pretty awful. The villain is also pretty cardboard, but ...more
Annii
Aug 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This book is one of the Boscastle Series, but I'm not sure which one. "The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman" is the story of Lord Devon Boscastle, a handsome rake, and Miss Jocelyn Lydbury. Jocelyn has a previous acquaintance with Devon, and still harbors some feelings from that past (which we are not told about in any detail - I'm assuming possibly it's in one of the other books?). They meet again at a rather risque party, and due to some devious planning by the villain, they end up compromised and ...more
Elsa
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it
This is my favorite type of escapist reading. This is a Regency romance -- one in a series of the Lords and Ladies of the Boscastle clan. All of them wealthy, perfectly handsome or beautiful. This one features Lord Devon Boscastle at an English country week-long party. Someone with a grudge sets up a clandestine meeting between Devon and Miss Jocelyn, a very proper young lady, by tricking both of them. They are discovered in a compromising situation and Devon does the right thing by proposing ma ...more
Jody
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Rachel Rogers
May 29, 2009 rated it liked it
My only complaint about this series is that the strong women can't be the ones to resolve the danger plots. Julia in book 3 tries to shoot her assailant, knowing that she's strong enough and a good enough shot to do so, but instead Heath's bullet is the one that kills him. In this one, Jocelyn realizes that, despite her father's abuse and hope to make her weak, he instead made her strong. Despite that, she never even lands a good shot on her assailant. I realize the Boscastles want to protect th ...more
Jessi
Someone set up Devon Bocastle and Jocelyn Lydbury, sending them each a note suggesting a meeting with their respective significant others (or inamoratas) but instead, the two are caught in a compromising position. After Devon had ditched her for dinner several years ago, Jocelyn had had no use for him. However, they're married now and trying to make the best of it. But the enemy is still out there and wanting to get even.
Lori Yvette Fernandez Lopez
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The timing of this book kinda threw me off. Parts of it seemed to pass by extremely fast (like Devon going from hating the thought of marriage to loving/being possessive of his wife). I wish Ms. Hunter would have savored these moments as they were wonderful, though they went by too fleetingly for my taste. Overall an entertaining book. Love the Boscastles!
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Another one of the darker Boscastle brothers. What makes these books so much fun is the strong family link woven throughout, so even when the characters are not all that endearing you still can't put the book down once you have invested in the family. Devon admits to being a twerp and you couldn't help but root for Jocelyn.
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Jocelyn sounds like a lovely lady and Devon is your typical rake. I almost felt like he deserved to end up with her after standing up her father's attempts to marry them a few years ago. I felt bad for Adam, the young man she was planning to marry, except the author made him into a spineless coward.
Robin
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Devon and Jocelyn were caught in a compromising situation which led to their wedding. It was a tale of seduction by the wallflower, demure Jocelyn. And who would have thought a rogue like Devon would do the unlikely thing and fall in love.
Jan
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm a Jillian Hunter fan, but this book did not ring any bells for me. Sorry! I could not like the hero or heroine....and I usually LOVE the Bocastles. Maybe these two were just the relatives no one likes....???
Barbra
Nov 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
One word for this book was BORING!! Why do authors think that all they have to do is put sex in every other chapter to make a story. The story line would have been alright if you could get more story and less of where and when the main characters did the deed.
Donna Campbell
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although the background story was semi-interesting, Devon was a little too much of a wishy washy whiny baby-- Jocelyn was decent but too much of a spineless simperer. Not my fav Boscastle.
Leslie Petty-Brecheisen
it was an ok read but really felt all over the place
Teresa
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • The Seduction of Sara (Rogues, #3)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
  • Sin and Sensibility (Griffin Family, #1)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • Surrender to a Scoundrel (American Heiresses, #6)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
  • To Distraction (Bastion Club, #5)
  • The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)