Start by marking “Room 143” as Want to Read:
Room 143

Room 143

A standalone romance

Around my neck lays a wedding ring.

In my right hand I hold a hotel room key.

Which one do I pick?

The marriage? The key?

Everything is not as it seems in room one-forty-three
Published by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Room 143, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room 143

Dilek VT
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I expected this book to be something and it turned out to be something else.

The heroine Caroline has a best friend named Taylor, who works as an escort as her mother is sick and she needs the money.

Taylor one day asks Caroline to take her place and act as an escort when there is an emergency about her mother. She doesn't want to lose the money. "The man is a widower", she says, "all he will want to do will be talking about his ex". And "Caroline the idiot" agrees to do it.

Then, she goes to the hotel room, prepares
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Well I honestly thought this was a cheating book. I peeked at the sample on amazon.

Hero is still in love with his dead wife. I get it she was his first, last and only. He has only been with her and now the heroine. Even when he tried to have a ONS after she died he just couldn’t go through with it. Heroine has been celibate for 5 years, same as hero. She takes her friend’s place as an escort. And has sex with hero the same night she meets him.
In order for the author to made the reader believe
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I so enjoyed reading this wonderfully written, unpredictable book. It kept me glued to the pages late into the night. This story flowed beautifully; it was sweet, romantic, angsty and, in my opinion, really just perfect.

This is a second chance romance but not between the same couple. We have Nash and Caroline who meet in room 143. Both come with baggage especially Nash and many times my heartstrings were tugged hard for this man and what he was going through. With Caroline wanting a
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Talk about breaking your heart and shattering it into a million pieces... all the tears, all the feels, all the everything.... only to put it back, even better than before.

I'll admit I paused for about a half a second when I read the synopsis for this all-new romance from one of my favorite go-to authors but I knew that if anyone could pull this off in such a flawless fashion it would be Laramie that nailed it and man did she.

OH BE STILL MY FAST BEATIN
Dora Koutsoukou
2,5 ❤🥴🌟s

An emotional love story, with likeable characters, fast paced and dual pov.
Regardless, within the last few weeks this is the third story I read where the widower can not get over with his wife’s death and I was almost send over the edge. In this story, gratefully, the drama was on a very low level.
Vickie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was nothing like I was expecting. I read the blurb and knew I needed to read this story and it was everything I didn’t know I wanted. The characters are fantastic. They drew me to them from the start. The often conflicting thoughts, the need to move on, the want to stay in the past, the emotions, they all helped me to really connect with the characters.

This is a vague review but this is definitely a book that should be read knowing as little as possible. The less you know the more of
Josie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I have read in a long time. The way the characters were introduced, the way the moved together throughout the book was incredible.
You feel for them, their loss, their pain, their needs.
Caroline and Nash met under very strange circumstances and that is just the beginning...or is it?
Can they have the one night...day and walk away from each other to never see each other again?
Have you ever heard the saying...never burn your bridges because you
Debra Phiri
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly beautiful story! It just flows wonderfully and it is a quick but awesome read.

I understood completely where Nash was coming from as a widower. It is hard to get back into the now and not keep holding onto what you lost. Also love his brothers so much! They give him the push he needs at the right time and it thankfully goes right but could have gone oh so wrong.

Our female lead is beautiful, understanding, kind and so loving. She has a strong head on her shoulders and knows wha
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
Where do I even begin to explain just how perfect this book is. It is a story about losing everything you have ever known, and learning to live life to the fullest. This is a sweet and spicy story where two souls find just what they each need to live....
Nash has lost everything he has ever loved. For years he just goes through the motions of day to day tasks. Afraid of moving on for fear of forgetting he is just barely living. Help from some meddling siblings and friends send his life into
Latifa Morrisette
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about loss and finding a second chance at love. Nash lost his first and only live and their child in a tragic accident. Give years later a chance encounter in Room 143 will change the course of his future. This is a emotional journey to healing and love and I loved this book so much.
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
4.5 Stars

I love it when Laramie Briscoe decides to do a stand alone book. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a long time fan and truly enjoy the worlds she had created. Hello, how can you not love Tyler. When Ms. Briscoe delights her readers with a stand alone read we get something a bit more emotional and deep. Room 143 hits the reader hard and fast with everything and possibly the kitchen sink too.

Nash is hottie who’s darn good with his hands and stuck in the cycles of grief. Caroline is starting over
Sara Gross
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, I have to say I really enjoyed this story. I really liked the main characters Nash and Caroline. Nash was a grieving widow who after five years was finally ready to get out there, and took a chance on something he wouldn’t normally do that his brothers had suggested and set up for him.. Caroline was new to the small town she was now living in and was reluctantly helping out her best friend for the evening. It was a case of “meant to be” or “stars aligning” when these two met. They had ...more
Colleen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story about grief and love. Right of the bat we meet Nash and my heart just shatters for what this young man has been through. For 5 years he has been holding on by a string. His brothers step in and try a unique way to get him back in the saddle.

Caroline is new in town and is ready enjoy the change of pace from a big city it this small town. As a favor to her friend Taylor she is thrust into the path of Nash. It is a favor that changes both Nash and Caroline lives forever.

Thi
Cassie Ashford
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying this is NOT a cheating romance! I know people by feel that way from the blurb but it’s not the case.

Nash is a man tormented by his past life. His meddling brothers think they can help which is where Room 143 comes into play.

Caroline is trying to start her life over with her best friend. Said best friend needs help so Caroline steps in which is where Room 143 comes into play.

Nash and Caroline are immediately attracted to each other. They have no idea once they leave Room
Skye Yanovsky
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Laramie Briscoe but to be honest I was hesitant to read this Room 143 because the blurb had me all kinds of confused. I actually reached out to someone who already read it and asked her if there was cheating in this book because that is a hard limit for me. She assured me no and told me I would love it. OMG she was right. This book is nothing like I though it was. It’s a heartbreakingly beautiful story about tragedy, loss and moving on. It’s sad, emotional, SUPER steamy and moving. Nash a ...more
Jackie Black
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nash is a young widower and Caroline is just a girl trying to help out her friend. These two come together in a very very unconventional way but it is explosive.
I loved that this story is kind of a slow burn after the first encounter. It’s instant attraction not instant love which I think was perfect for these characters and their backgrounds. You really feel for both Nash and Caroline throughly this whole story.
Nash loved the wife he lost and you root for him this whole book as he s
April Symes
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laramie Briscoe does a fantastic job with Room 143. It's emotional, touching, raw in places and it will hit the reader with all the feelings. I couldn't help but root for both Caroline and Nash. Nash's story was so heartbreakingly sad yet his brothers knew he was ready to start living life again...Caroline had moved to a new town and when her BFF needed a favor, she helped her out- reluctantly. These two lost souls met and what a raw, beautiful, sizzling, intense, emotionally charged, complex, u ...more
Addyson Thompson
Room 143 is AMAZING!

Caroline, searching for a more satisfying life, finds herself settling down in Harper Valley where her best friend lives. When her best friend, Taylor's mom is in the hospital, she begs Caroline to fill in for her...as an escort.

Nash, struggling to move on from the loss of his wife and unborn child five years prior, is set up with an escort by his brothers in hopes he'll be able to start living again.

After a very incredible night spent together, Caroline shows up for her f
Renee
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Around my neck lays a wedding ring. In my right hand I hold a hotel room key. Which one do I pick? The marriage? They Key? Everything is not as it seems in room one-forty-three.

If you want a book that you can't quiet figure out then you need to read this one. I loved every second of it and devoured this book. I loved it so much. It is so different than any other Laramie Briscoe
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
In the blink of an eye Nash Gilbert lost everything he held dear, and for the last five years his loss has been haunting him and keeping him from finding the courage to move on. His family can see that he needs to move on, rejoin the living, and find happiness again... so they devise a little plan to help him find his happy again.

Nash has his doubts about their plan, but he has to admit they are just looking out for his best interests, so he decides to go along with the plan, which t
ABWO Book
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that just changed your way of reading? Your way of absorbing the story? I have had the pleasure of that happening to me 4 times prior to this story. So now I can say 5 books.

I met Laramie with the Heaven Hills Series. Which I LOVED. Then came her contemporary books. And HOLY CRAP. Each book has depth and meaning, and you will leave them wiser and wanting to find your Laramie love too.

Room 143 was no exception. I instantly fell in love with Nash and Caroline
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Room 143 is not what the blurb leads you to believe this story could be about so please don't let this deter you from picking up this book. This is a standalone by this author, but am hoping we get a story on the secondary characters. Love the last name thing they do for scoring-too funny! Leaving it at that to avoid spoilers and to allow you to chuckle with us. Nash has a big decision to make. Do you or don't you enter is the question? There is no right or wrong when it comes to healing. Would ...more
Angela Ruble Scott
I have read almost all of Miss Laramie's books. Now, I was hesitant about this one, only because she has said it was like no other book she has published so far. Well, let me tell you she again has blown me away.

I can't imagine how Nash felt for the 5 years after he lost everything to a car accident. He has to make a decision, does he stay in the depths of despair or does he take the chance his brothers set up for him. Now, reading how he changed over the course of the book was something to beh
Barbara
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply adored this heartfelt romance. It was exactly sure what to expect when I started reading Room 143 as the reviews I saw told me this differed from Ms. Briscoe’s other book. But I love her writing style so I decided to give it a go. Believe me when I say, I am very glad I did. The storyline deals with powerful issues that will break your heart but the author has written it in such a fun, flirty, romantic way that it will end up melting into your soul.

Nash is a widower who lost his wife and
Karin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this one! Caroline is on my list of absolute favorite characters and she’s written in a way that makes you want to be her bestie lol. And Nash was equally likable. She is starting over and he’s just trying to keep his head above water and not drowning from the grief that consumes him daily when he is basically forced by his brothers who just want to see him smile again into a set up so to speak. Neither him or Caroline knew what was going to happen when that door was opened but ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog
I thoroughly enjoyed this second chance at love book with such fabulous characters who are so easy to like and to relate to as well.

Twenty-eight year-old Nash Gilbert is a widower who loved his wife and has found it hard to move on, even years later. Physically he is a hunky, muscled man and inside he is a caring, thoughtful one.

At twenty-eight, Caroline has completely changed her life; different job, a complete change of pace wher
Katie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I absolutely loved Room 143. Here is a book that pulled at every emotion, I laughed, teared up, and of course got the warm fuzzies. Nash lost his wife and unborn child tragically in a car accident and years later his brothers are trying to help him move on by providing him an escort for a night, if he chooses to. One night with someone he doesnt know and would never see again to finally begin to live life again is maybe just what he needs. But with just the right circumstances can this one ...more
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Laramie Briscoe books are filled with heart and soul! You will have the ups and downs, but somehow you make it through it just alright. Room 143 showed me a new side of Briscoe. One of learning how to go on in life when you heart has already bled dry. Nash was that guy. Starting over in a small town with trying to put the past behind and start a new. The heroine was amazing and I loved Caroline to pieces. I loved the emotions that rolled through me through the pages. I loved the aspect of findin ...more
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 2 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5

Room 143 is a great standalone romance from author Laramie Briscoe. As soon as I opened this book, I was completely hooked on Caroline and Nash’s story. The story was emotional, sweet, and touching, and I didn’t want to put it down.

In this story, Nash works and manages his family-owned garage. He has been going through a difficult time in his life. It’s been five years, and Nash
Lisa
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Room 143 is an amazingly emotional, sweet, heartbreaking, and heartwarming. I loved it and read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down.
Nash had my heart from the start. He is sweet, sexy and all kinds of swoony. His story had my heart breaking for him and I loved him immediately. Caroline is strong, and sweet and just the kind of girl I could be friends with. Their meeting was so different from anything I have ever read and their story had me unable to stop turning the pages.
This on
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

Since self-publishing her first book in May of 2013, Laramie has appeared on the Top 100 Bestselling E-books Lists on iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. Her books have been known to make readers laugh and cry. They are guaranteed to be emotional, steamy reads.

Whe