Start by marking “Room 143” as Want to Read:
Room 143

Room 143

A standalone romance

Around my neck lays a wedding ring.

In my right hand I hold a hotel room key.

Which one do I pick?

The marriage? The key?

Everything is not as it seems in room one-forty-three
Published by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Room 143, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room 143

Start your review of Room 143
Dilek VT
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I expected this book to be something and it turned out to be something else.

The heroine Caroline has a best friend named Taylor, who works as an escort as her mother is sick and she needs the money.

Taylor one day asks Caroline to take her place and act as an escort when there is an emergency about her mother. She doesn't want to lose the money. "The man is a widower", she says, "all he will want to do will be talking about his ex". And "Caroline the idiot" agrees to do it.

Then, she goes to the
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Well I honestly thought this was a cheating book. I peeked at the sample on amazon.

Hero is still in love with his dead wife. I get it she was his first, last and only. He has only been with her and now the heroine. Even when he tried to have a ONS after she died he just couldn’t go through with it. Heroine has been celibate for 5 years, same as hero. She takes her friend’s place as an escort. And has sex with hero the same night she meets him.
In order for the author to made the reader believe
Dora Koutsoukou
2,5 ❤️🥴🌟s

An emotional love story, with likeable characters, fast paced and dual pov.
Regardless, within the last few weeks this is the third story I read where the widower can not get over with his wife’s death and I was almost send over the edge. In this story, gratefully, the drama was on a very low level.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Laramine Briscoe does a great job bringing an emotionally broken character back to the living. Both main characters were well written and likeable. I feel like this book could have gone wrong with miscues and unnecessary misunderstandings but they handled issues like adults.

Nash had found love once but unfortunately the life as he knew it was torn apart. He has his family, friends and his business to keep him occupied and moving forward dailey. His family shakes things up and offers him
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I so enjoyed reading this wonderfully written, unpredictable book. It kept me glued to the pages late into the night. This story flowed beautifully; it was sweet, romantic, angsty and, in my opinion, really just perfect.

This is a second chance romance but not between the same couple. We have Nash and Caroline who meet in room 143. Both come with baggage especially Nash and many times my heartstrings were tugged hard for this man and what he was going through. With Caroline wanting a fresh start
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Talk about breaking your heart and shattering it into a million pieces... all the tears, all the feels, all the everything.... only to put it back, even better than before.

I'll admit I paused for about a half a second when I read the synopsis for this all-new romance from one of my favorite go-to authors but I knew that if anyone could pull this off in such a flawless fashion it would be Laramie that nailed it and man did she.

OH BE STILL MY FAST BEATING HEART.
All the flutters and all the
Heather  The Hatters
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Where do I even begin to explain just how perfect this book is. It is a story about losing everything you have ever known, and learning to live life to the fullest. This is a sweet and spicy story where two souls find just what they each need to live....
Nash has lost everything he has ever loved. For years he just goes through the motions of day to day tasks. Afraid of moving on for fear of forgetting he is just barely living. Help from some meddling siblings and friends send his life into a tai
Iman
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an enjoyable read once I stopped rolling my eyes at the « hey friend, can you fill in for me at my escort job? The guy will probably just wanna talk » thing...
Like who would say « oh yay right telle me where/when and I will be waiting for this stranger to do me for money » 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Vickie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was nothing like I was expecting. I read the blurb and knew I needed to read this story and it was everything I didn’t know I wanted. The characters are fantastic. They drew me to them from the start. The often conflicting thoughts, the need to move on, the want to stay in the past, the emotions, they all helped me to really connect with the characters.

This is a vague review but this is definitely a book that should be read knowing as little as possible. The less you know the more of
Colleen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story about grief and love. Right of the bat we meet Nash and my heart just shatters for what this young man has been through. For 5 years he has been holding on by a string. His brothers step in and try a unique way to get him back in the saddle.

Caroline is new in town and is ready enjoy the change of pace from a big city it this small town. As a favor to her friend Taylor she is thrust into the path of Nash. It is a favor that changes both Nash and Caroline lives forever.

Thi
Karin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this one! Caroline is on my list of absolute favorite characters and she’s written in a way that makes you want to be her bestie lol. And Nash was equally likable. She is starting over and he’s just trying to keep his head above water and not drowning from the grief that consumes him daily when he is basically forced by his brothers who just want to see him smile again into a set up so to speak. Neither him or Caroline knew what was going to happen when that door was opened but ...more
Josie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I have read in a long time. The way the characters were introduced, the way the moved together throughout the book was incredible.
You feel for them, their loss, their pain, their needs.
Caroline and Nash met under very strange circumstances and that is just the beginning...or is it?
Can they have the one night...day and walk away from each other to never see each other again?
Have you ever heard the saying...never burn your bridges because you never know who you will
Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly beautiful story! It just flows wonderfully and it is a quick but awesome read.

I understood completely where Nash was coming from as a widower. It is hard to get back into the now and not keep holding onto what you lost. Also love his brothers so much! They give him the push he needs at the right time and it thankfully goes right but could have gone oh so wrong.

Our female lead is beautiful, understanding, kind and so loving. She has a strong head on her shoulders and knows wha
Boricuagal
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story of love, loss and second chances. The way Nash griefs for his deceased wife just grips your heart and makes you hope to be loved this profoundly. The stars align for him and he meets Caroline, through some very unique circumstances she enters his life. What ensues is a beautiful journey of acceptance that will lead this couple to their HEA.

“I Voluntarily Received and Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book”.
Latifa Morrisette
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about loss and finding a second chance at love. Nash lost his first and only live and their child in a tragic accident. Give years later a chance encounter in Room 143 will change the course of his future. This is a emotional journey to healing and love and I loved this book so much.
Erin
Shelves: 2019
I’m a huge fan of Laramie Briscoe. I love her series, both Rockin’ Country and the two Moonshine Task Force! Her previous standalone books have also been amazing, so I was excited to try a new book by her.

Man, this blurb doesn’t give much up, does it?! I had a few extra glimpses as I belong to Ms. Briscoe’s reader groups, but even then, it wasn’t enough to get a full picture of the plot. I knew this would be a book full of redemption and life choices and changes and growth. Ms. Briscoe did not d
Sara Gross
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, I have to say I really enjoyed this story. I really liked the main characters Nash and Caroline. Nash was a grieving widow who after five years was finally ready to get out there, and took a chance on something he wouldn’t normally do that his brothers had suggested and set up for him.. Caroline was new to the small town she was now living in and was reluctantly helping out her best friend for the evening. It was a case of “meant to be” or “stars aligning” when these two met. They had ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I love this author so I got the book regardless of any other information I had on it. I read a ton of books. I can say that this meet cute was a first for me. Hero is a widow and his brothers set him up with an escort to try and get him out of a 5 year funk. Heroine is a good friend and agrees to help her escort friend out and takes her place with the widow. Really far out there but it kind of wrks for this story.

Nash and Caroline are both needing a change and needing to heal. Can they end up h
Cassie Ashford
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying this is NOT a cheating romance! I know people by feel that way from the blurb but it’s not the case.

Nash is a man tormented by his past life. His meddling brothers think they can help which is where Room 143 comes into play.

Caroline is trying to start her life over with her best friend. Said best friend needs help so Caroline steps in which is where Room 143 comes into play.

Nash and Caroline are immediately attracted to each other. They have no idea once they leave Room
Amy Mccann
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
♡ Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog ♡

Room 143 was everything you would ever need in a story it is a beautiful book that is everything life could throw at you and Nash let the heartache and grief pull him apart for so long that he's a shell of a man he once was!

Caroline is a breathe of fresh air, shes looking for a new start in life and Harper Valley will hopefully become home for her but the best thing for both Nash and Caroline is Room 143 it holds something so significant for them both and it's t
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Such an unexpected story from Laramie that I got totally obsessed with! After dealing with the ultimate loss in his life, Nash has continued to struggle with survivor’s guilt and moving on with his life. With a push from his brothers, who hired an escort for the night to help Nash quick start him moving on, Nash agrees its time and meets with her. Unbeknownst to Nash, who is supposed to meet with escort Taylor, he actually meets Caroline, who is filling in for her best friend after she has a fam ...more
Skye Yanovsky
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Laramie Briscoe but to be honest I was hesitant to read this Room 143 because the blurb had me all kinds of confused. I actually reached out to someone who already read it and asked her if there was cheating in this book because that is a hard limit for me. She assured me no and told me I would love it. OMG she was right. This book is nothing like I though it was. It’s a heartbreakingly beautiful story about tragedy, loss and moving on. It’s sad, emotional, SUPER steamy and moving. Nash a ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Room 143 is not what the blurb leads you to believe this story could be about so please don't let this deter you from picking up this book. This is a standalone by this author, but am hoping we get a story on the secondary characters. Love the last name thing they do for scoring-too funny! Leaving it at that to avoid spoilers and to allow you to chuckle with us. Nash has a big decision to make. Do you or don't you enter is the question? There is no right or wrong when it comes to healing. Would ...more
Renee
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Around my neck lays a wedding ring. In my right hand I hold a hotel room key. Which one do I pick? The marriage? They Key? Everything is not as it seems in room one-forty-three.

If you want a book that you can't quiet figure out then you need to read this one. I loved every second of it and devoured this book. I loved it so much. It is so different than any other Laramie Briscoe book that I have read.
ABWO Book
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that just changed your way of reading? Your way of absorbing the story? I have had the pleasure of that happening to me 4 times prior to this story. So now I can say 5 books.

I met Laramie with the Heaven Hills Series. Which I LOVED. Then came her contemporary books. And HOLY CRAP. Each book has depth and meaning, and you will leave them wiser and wanting to find your Laramie love too.

Room 143 was no exception. I instantly fell in love with Nash and Caroline’s story. He
Addyson Thompson
Room 143 is AMAZING!

Caroline, searching for a more satisfying life, finds herself settling down in Harper Valley where her best friend lives. When her best friend, Taylor's mom is in the hospital, she begs Caroline to fill in for her...as an escort.

Nash, struggling to move on from the loss of his wife and unborn child five years prior, is set up with an escort by his brothers in hopes he'll be able to start living again.

After a very incredible night spent together, Caroline shows up for her f
Jackie Black
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nash is a young widower and Caroline is just a girl trying to help out her friend. These two come together in a very very unconventional way but it is explosive.
I loved that this story is kind of a slow burn after the first encounter. It’s instant attraction not instant love which I think was perfect for these characters and their backgrounds. You really feel for both Nash and Caroline throughly this whole story.
Nash loved the wife he lost and you root for him this whole book as he slowly comes
April Symes
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laramie Briscoe does a fantastic job with Room 143. It's emotional, touching, raw in places and it will hit the reader with all the feelings. I couldn't help but root for both Caroline and Nash. Nash's story was so heartbreakingly sad yet his brothers knew he was ready to start living life again...Caroline had moved to a new town and when her BFF needed a favor, she helped her out- reluctantly. These two lost souls met and what a raw, beautiful, sizzling, intense, emotionally charged, complex, u ...more
Barbara
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply adored this heartfelt romance. It was exactly sure what to expect when I started reading Room 143 as the reviews I saw told me this differed from Ms. Briscoe’s other book. But I love her writing style so I decided to give it a go. Believe me when I say, I am very glad I did. The storyline deals with powerful issues that will break your heart but the author has written it in such a fun, flirty, romantic way that it will end up melting into your soul.

Nash is a widower who lost his wife and
Angela Ruble Scott
I have read almost all of Miss Laramie's books. Now, I was hesitant about this one, only because she has said it was like no other book she has published so far. Well, let me tell you she again has blown me away.

I can't imagine how Nash felt for the 5 years after he lost everything to a car accident. He has to make a decision, does he stay in the depths of despair or does he take the chance his brothers set up for him. Now, reading how he changed over the course of the book was something to beh
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Conjugal Visits (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #2)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Off-Limits (Sons of the Underground #1)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Sweet Agony (Angels Halo MC Next Gen #2)
  • Repeat Offender (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #1)
  • Demetri (The Volkov Empire, #1)
  • Syler McKnight: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romantic Comedy
  • Love, Loyalty & Mayhem
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Renegade (Knights of Fury, #2)
  • Make Me (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #4)
  • With Me (Rivers Edge)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Out to Find Freedom
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Love at First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love their women, she loves spending time with friends, reading, and marathoning shows on Netflix.

Laramie lives in Bowling Green, KY with her husband and a sometimes crazy cat named Beau.

She is represented by Two Daisy Media

Would you like to join her reader