Start by marking “Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2

Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2

(ダンジョン飯 / Delicious in Dungeon #2)

With the possibility of starvation as a constant companion, Laios' party continues advancing deeper into the Dungeon. The adventurers have made it to the third floor but only rotting zombies, ghastly spirits, living paintings, and golems await them--all of them absolutely inedible. After coming this far by adapting and learning how to live off the dubious bounties of the ...more
Published August 22nd 2017 by Yen Press (first published August 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2

Start your review of Delicious in Dungeon Vol. 2
Shannon
We've now moved past dungeon food being the main focus and we're getting more into the meat of the story with new characters and new info being introduced. The plot still revolves around food but we get more backstory to go with it. They're finding new food and meeting new "people" (are orcs people? is butter a carb?) and they're not just doing it because they're starving and low on supplies.

So many things in this series are just so unique and I love that. One of the highlights for me were the
Sophie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, cooking, manga
This series is becoming an instant favourite. Mix Dungeons and Dragons with Top Chef and you get this. Awesome and very, very funny
Caroline
I am LOVING this manga series! This volume was such an excellent mix of character development, cooking segments and dungeon diving/fantasy fun... it's adorable and strangely wholesome. The characters are excellent. Senshi is INCREDIBLE and I would pretty much lay down my life for him because he is so passionate about cooking and being just precious in general.

The really excellent thing about this volume is that it starts to introduce the larger plot. We get glimpses of the characters backstories
Robert
A great second installment that continues the fun cooking conceit while expanding the backstory of the party without detracting from either component of the series.
amanda (*´-`)
a fun continuation to the series! :D
Reija
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, hilarious romp that had me in stitches. Lots of personality development for all of the characters in this volume. Each of them gets a chapter that focuses on their struggles and skill sets in this volume.

Also I'm intrigued about what goes on behind the scenes of the Dungeon. I feel like Ryoko Kui is setting up some major plot points for future story developments.
Especially in the chapter where Laios goes inside the living picture. I feel like there's a lot more to explore in that
Marigold
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Volume 2 broke the mold that Vol 1 followed as it introduced the characters. Vol 2 had many creative twists and unexpected turns, along with some interesting foreshadowing and the-past-of-the-dungeon exploration. I appreciated how the author didn't skim past "the level with little food," and stayed with the setting to create unexpected recipes for non-food creations. Thought-provoking mysteries, grudging allies, traitorous friends, and cute humor.
Jasmine
This series is super fun, I am forever the magic-explosion-first-talk-later elf girl, and that making of "holy water" (WHICH GOT TURNED INTO ICE CREAM VIA GHOSTS THIS SERIES IS AMAZING) is so amazingly D&D it made me laugh out loud.
unknown
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT
Sionna
I'm absolutely LOVING this series so far. It really feels like it might get darker. I'm so interested to see where it will go. Will we learn more about the prince who became king in the paintings?
Risky Rahmalia Sofyan
The more I read, the more I love this manga.
Not just the cooking part---that chapter with the sorbet...*slurp*---but the way the story, the conflict and reality of the dungeon certainly put me into perspective (Torchlight never feel the same way again). For instance, that time when I take the loot from treasure chest in a dungeon, I will always think it's possible that it's Senshi's money, or I can get stung by coin bugs.

When they discover the inside-dungeon hut Senshi living in and furthermore
Deborah Embury
Loveeeed it! An absolutely perfect follow up to the first volume, this book picks up right where we left our dungeon-trekking crew and brings even more delightful monsters and recipes. I'm in awe of these creatures that Ryoku Kui comes up with; the Treasure Insects and Mimics were so creative and it was really fun to see the gang tackle them. Also, the plot is building more, not just sticking to food/monsters, but beginning to introduce hints of the dungeon lore and history. I thought the ...more
Michelle
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is really growing on me. The premise is pretty outlandish and one would think that the novelty would wear off, but Kui keeps pulling me in by fleshing out this world. It's (purposefully) derivative of classic fantasy (elves, orcs, and dungeons - oh my!), but somehow still incredibly unique and fleshed out as well. Some of the "solutions" to the problems the characters find themselves in are a bit ad hoc, but there's enough humour and self-deprecation that I can look past them.

All in
Donna
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Our adventurers eat vegetables sown in golem soil, try to eat food in a Living Picture, and tangle with a kelpie.

Good thing: This series is light reading that adds touches of humor (trying to get a dwarf's beard clean is really hard apparently) that I enjoy. It hits that sweet spot of D&D with culinary escapades (and what other books do that?!)

Bad thing: There's really no character building, but that's not what the series is about.

I'll be continuing on with book three.
Rollin
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continues the delightful beginning of the first volume with some interesting worldbuilding. This volume isn't as immediately incredible, but it ultimately explores a number of interesting avenues and opens the door on several mysteries without answering or totally obfuscating answers.

All said, it's a good second volume.
Rod Brown
This series maintains its level of cheesy fun as the adventuring group continues their quest while living off the fat of the land, i.e., the gourmet-quality cooked remains of monsters they kill in a D&D labyrinth. I especially enjoyed the first chapter with the golems and the final chapter with a kelpie.
lauraღ
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comic
Laius is a continuous delight and he fills this series with wonder and adventure. "What weird new fetish will our hero reveal himself to have in this chapter?" I muse with delight every time I start a new one.
Stephanie
I don’t think I can read more of these. Too much random death. D:
Maija
Lovely, short, silly adventures that make me smile! ...more
James
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Great parody. Never thought of using earth golems for farming vegetables.
Shala
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun foodie manga with a twist.
If you like MMORPG style games, you will find this series engaging and fun.
Emma
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are so delightful.
I liked this volume better than the first one, but I'm still not sure I really understand what's going on in this series.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
The adventurers continue on their quest to save Falin, Laios's sister, and eat all manner of dungeon monsters. Senshi shows them how he uses golems to grow vegetables, talks about the dungeon ecosystem, and more. He also (view spoiler) ...more
Václav
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital, favorites, x2019
This is so relaxing fun. I would believe it get a bit weary in the second book, but Ryoko Kui somehow finds how to make dungeon environment exciting and interesting, creating new foods and adventures which make sense. really. The adventures are based on paper RPG stereotypes and tropes, with teasing between characters with a big bucket of logic, the food is based on dungeon environment but rooted in actual cuisines. And that makes it both made of, funny and completely believable. And I have a ...more
Jacki ♡
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this epic sequel even more the second time around the plot thickens and the characters are built upon one level more. Can’t wait to keeeep going! I love these silly little characters they are my babies ...more
Schnekk
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even re-reading this series, it's still thoroughly excellent and makes me laugh out loud. I love every aspect of it!
Becky B
We continue following our heroes as they descend deeper into the dungeon on their rescue mission that has decided to be unconventional by living off what they can hunt and gather in the dungeon. The deeper they get, the more dangerous the creatures they face become and as the companions get to know each other more, some of their pasts get teased out a bit.

I've never read a book series that continues counting the chapters across books. This one contains chapters 5-8. (The first book was chapters
Ronald McCutchan
I am agreeing with reviewers who like that this series both sets up some lovely surprises and then changes up the game, so it's always handled in a fresh way (the accidental creation of the ghost-frozen sorbet). Although I like gaming (though not a big video game player) and love fantasy fiction, I've never gotten into D&D or other RPG gaming so, while I understand dungeon crawl jokes, I don't quite "get" them--that is, the whole premise seems formulaic (because D&D rule book formula), ...more
John
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know how it is possible, but this volume was even funnier than the last.! We meet another adventure party who lose their lives (usually a temporary status in the dungeon) and then lose their “treasure” when Laios’s party stumbles upon them. The team takes up golem gardening with Senshi’s lead and with fresh vegetables comes fresh responsibilities! We get some details of the dungeon kingdom’s past and meet an angry sorcerer through living paintings. Mangaka Ryoko Kui’s art is the perfect ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• とんがり帽子のアトリエ 4 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 4] (Witch Hat Atelier, #4)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 3 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 3] (Witch Hat Atelier, #3)
  • 極主夫道 1 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #1)
  • The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms
  • ゴールデンカムイ 2
  • Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 2
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 3
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 2
  • 古見さんは、コミュ症です。 volume 2 (Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., #2)
  • ゴールデンカムイ 3
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 1 [Shimanami Tasogare 1]
  • ゴールデンカムイ 4
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 3 [Shimanami Tasogare 3]
  • 東京タラレバ娘 5 [Tokyo Tarareba Musume 5]

ダンジョン飯 / Delicious in Dungeon (9 books)
  • ダンジョン飯 1 [Dungeon Meshi 1] (Delicious in Dungeon, #1)
  • ダンジョン飯 3 [Dungeon Meshi 3] (Delicious in Dungeon, #3)
  • ダンジョン飯 4 [Dungeon Meshi 4] (Delicious in Dungeon, #4)
  • ダンジョン飯 5 [Dungeon Meshi 5] (Delicious in Dungeon, #5)
  • ダンジョン飯 6 [Dungeon Meshi 6] (Delicious in Dungeon, #6)
  • ダンジョン飯 7 [Dungeon Meshi 7] (Delicious in Dungeon, #7)
  • ダンジョン飯 8 [Dungeon Meshi 8] (Delicious in Dungeon, #8)
  • ダンジョン飯 9 [Dungeon Meshi 9] (Delicious in Dungeon, #9)