Start by marking “His Temptation (The HIS Collection, #4)” as Want to Read:
His Temptation (The HIS Collection, #4)

His Temptation (The HIS Collection #4)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  813 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
Dog walking was supposed to be Katie’s easy third job.
When she answered the ad, she had no idea she’d be working for Clay “The Grinch” Colson—recently retired baseball superstar. He’s every bit as intimidating as the scowl he’s famous for, and Katie believes the rumors she’s heard about how mean he is are true—until she sees him with his overgrown, crazy Boxer, Dixie.
Lucky
Published June 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about His Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Temptation

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
His:

His Temptation by Amber A. Bardan is part of the six book His series by six different authors. Amber is a new to me author and I want to say up front that I fell in love with this book. These two, Katie and Clay, were perfect for one another. And for the first time, I feel like I have a better understanding of the Daddy/baby girl relationship.

Katie is a dog walker, nanny, pastry chef, and big sister to six little brothers. She is twenty three years old, and has never not had to take care of oth
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThe cover is very good in my opinion. It is sexy and a somewhat good representation of the hero. All the books in this series have similar covers, and they are all excellent with great composition and eye-catching typography.description

description

descriptionThis was another great read in this series. The writing was fabulous. The pace was great. The plot was pretty well-rounded for it being a novella. There are smokin' hot sex scenes. A little angst. No OW/OM drama. Two very likable main characters. Neither were virgins (thankf
Bookloverme
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

It's my first time to read Amber Bardan's story. It has a nice story but I want more.

The story is about Clay and Katie.

Dog walker is one of her jobs. She walks Dixie, Clay's dog for a year now.

He's a baseball legend and construction tycoon, Colson Magnus Construction.

Katie's always late but he can't fire her. Well, he can but he doesn't want to.

Like I said it has a nice story but I didn't like that they tried to push each other away. They have feelings for each other but I felt like t
Talltree
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
♡Tonya♡
Hot. Short. Safe

Really enjoyed this story- my first from this author.
-no cheating
-no violence
-just ok epilogue, 1 year out
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This is the story of Clay and Katie
Retired baseball star Clay and his teasing dog sitter Katie finally give in to their mutual attraction. This story was basically some raunchy smut, a sprinkle of outside the bedroom interaction and a lot of insta-lust/love.

Why it didn’t work for me:
The pacing was super fast and felt like giant parts of the relevant story were missing. I wanted something sweet and short and this delivered only one of those. The Daddy play was confusing, mainly because the h
Xavier Neal
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read if....You enjoy insta love, quick reads, Daddy play, hot sex, and an HEA.

Side Note: This was the first book by Amber and I enjoyed her writing. It was easy to enjoy, quick to get through, and I particular like how she handled her man POV. She kept it strong and I appreciated that. While Daddy Play is not a kink everyone enjoys, I myself enjoy a read that handles it well. That doesn't make it creepy or unrealistic or put all the emphasis on JUST that aspect. She did great. This was an
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
No rating as I DNF'd fairly quickly.

Daddy/LG role play was just too much for me to overcome. Had it been mentioned and only slightly played out I would have been ok but this was in my face to much.
C

-some pushing away
-no Ow drama
-HEA no epilogue
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I love a good quick and sexy read and that is exactly was His Temptation was. I wanted something I could read quickly before having to start doing things that I have been putting off and I was able to read this one in about an hour or so. It was hot, it was sexy and it was a pretty good one. We have a cocky hero that has a reputation of coming across as an asshole and we have a not so innocent heroine wh
Janice Somers
Love this story. This is such a great story. It's hot/wet, dirty/filthy and a crazy Boxer...
Katie has three jobs and dog walker is the last one. Katie hasn't had it easy growing up with her mother and six siblings. She just has to help hold everything together. But she has a plan. She is working different jobs and going to school.
Clay gets to see Katie every morning when she comes to walk Dixie and says "Good morning, Daddy."
Clay is retired from baseball and he has a reputation as "The Grinch" u
Amber Bardan
May 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming VERY SOON!
Chitra *CJ*
"His Temptation" is the story of Clay and Katie.
Written as a part of "HIS" anthology, I read the book because I am on a Amber roll, and even though DD/LG play is not always my thing- I decided to give it a go.
Katie is Clay, the ex football star's dog walker, and apart from taking care of Dixie, she is also insanely attracted to her "daddy".
Soon the sly glances become too much for Clay, and he gives in to their carnal temptations.
My tiny pet peeves with this one
-I don't equate DD/LG RP with daddy
Jen ❥
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Both main characters were down to earth, and I liked their interactions and how they talked things through. The DD/lg dynamic was very well done because of their willingness to discuss their needs and boundaries, and everything just meshed to create an engaging lust-to-love story.
Christiann Igou
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

The storyline was amazing and Was beautifully written. This is a faced easy read but well worth it! Loved the chemistry between Clay & Katie, their love is genuine and playful all wrapped in one sizzling sexy package!
Jamie  Leigh
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short read

This well written story was a great short read with interesting characters. It was sizzling enough to get the blood pumping! Lol
Sam
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dirty, dirty, dirty, but soooo good! You gotta love that broody man that just melts for his liitle girl. This was a new author for me, and I will be looking for more books by this author.
Iris
I've sat on my review for a few days now and I was going to write a fully detailed one, but decided against it because I'm going to give this "book" the same experience it gave me.

Fast-paced - not in a good way.
No depth.
and no substance.

I've chosen to keep some of my review "off screen" just like most of the problems are solved in this "book."

I don't mean to completely rip this "book" apart or be "too harsh" but that's just how passionate I am in my opinion of this..."book."

What I've got to
April Symes
His Temptation is a fantastically good quick and dirty sexy read . Katie has three jobs and dog walker is the last one. She comes from a family of 6 children and a single mother and she is the oldest of the siblings (she is 23 yrs old) . She just has to help keep everything together and that’s where her plan comes in- She is working different jobs and going to school. She always is sweet, keeps positive and does whatever is asked of her.
Clay Colson, baseball legend and construction tycoon hire
Teresa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story.

The ages of the two characters were perfect, Katie's in her twenties, clay in his thirties. I'm not a fan when the girl is really young compared to the guy, always find it abit icky!

The chemistry was smoking with these two, really well suited, perfect for each other. Clay had the whole dark and brooding alpha thing going on and Katie was light and fun, perfect to balance him out.
Wminbc
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked this one quite a bit...fast little series of productive Daddy's...LOL
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i love the His books. His Temptation was amazing. i love the daddy theme and it was hot hot hot! sweet and oh so sexy...
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hart's Reader Group
I love me some Amber Bardan. She is my go to for fast-paced, sexy contemporary romance.

This book, while not my favorite of her books, is still a good read.

Clay is recovering from the end of his baseball career and trying to build his construction business. Along comes sexy, distracting dog walker, Katie. He tries to resist her but...well, she TRIES to tempt him, which annoys me. There's a different between being sexy and seductive with feminine wiles, and just being flat out desperate. Going bra
Jennifer Finn
3 1/2 STARS
One thing that really annoyed me about this book was the H constantly saying that h had "horny tits", I don't know how that's even possible but the phrase was used a few times and it was icky. Clay Colson is a 36 year old retired baseball star whose nickname is "The Grinch". He never smiles for photographs and is now trying to be taken seriously as a businessman. He started his own company, Colson Magnus Construction Company with his BFF and former teammate, Blake Magnus. Katie is 23
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
I am one of those not on trend women who nopes out of daddy books. I've tried them and they're just not my shortbread biscuit, BUT when I saw my crack-author Amber Bardan had gone daddy I had a little team talk with myself and decided I had to read because Amber! She writes so gorgeously if anyone could sway me to the dark side It would be her.

While it's not going to be my fave book of hers ( I tried, I really tried! ) the whole daddy trope just isn't for me. If I took that out of the equation,
Chani
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gave-4-5-stars
Personally, I'm not into the whole "daddy" thing. It actually grosses me out, BUT to each their own, and I happen to LOVE this author so...I read it anyway! And, my personal feelings about that particular fantasy aside, this was an enjoyable read! What I liked most was that Bardan made the whole "daddy" scenario make sense and start off more innocent than overtly sexual right off the bat (no baseball pun intended). She's calling him daddy more from his dog's point of view, so says things like, " ...more
Becky Rendon
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never really been a fan of the "Daddy" kink but I have to say this is the first time it didn't make me feel creepy. Normally, I get twitchy and can't finish or start (for that matter)- no matter the size. But His Temptation was hot and I could see myself opening up to future Daddy's girls.

Amber Bardan keeps it classy but naughty as Hell- just the way I like it. Classy as in, a smart ass Katie making sure her punishments met all her needs.

I definitely had fun reading it. I think if you ask nicely
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly, I'm not sure how to rate this book. I'm not against taboo or dd/lg play, though I'm not really that much into the latest one, but... Okay, I'm good with Clay. He's possessive, protective and someone who wish to take care of his girl. On the other hand, Katie was too needy, too clingy for my liking. And I just couldn't like her. Not even a tiny bit. So, yeah, I'm not sure how to rate. Because while the story is good, h a little ruined it for me.
MacKenzie Paxton
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I struggled. It was hot but it was squicky, too. The whole "daddy" fantasy doesn't work for me. I got really good at skimming specific parts to avoid that a little more. I wish I could rate it higher but I was uncomfortable too much! LOL
***Join Newsletter for GIVEAWAYS and updates http://eepurl.com/DvVUP***

Amber is a #1 Amazon Bestselling, award winning, author, and member of Romance Writers of Australia, Melbourne Romance Writers Guild, and Writers Victoria.
After spending years imagining fictional adventures, Amber finally found a way to turn daydreaming into a productive habit. She now spends her time in a coffee-fuelled adren

The HIS Collection (6 books)
  • HIS Everything
  • His Obsession
  • His Rules (The HIS Collection, #3)
  • His Girl
  • His First

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Because we’re both everything we want to be together and all that we actually are. Strong and invincible. Human and real. JOIN” 0 likes