Start by marking “Iced (Resort to Murder Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Iced (Resort to Murder Mystery, #1)

Iced

(Resort to Murder Mystery #1)

Julienne has her ideal job as an event planner at a prestigious resort. During a luncheon event she coordinated, a renowned celebrity pastor is killed next to the buffet. All eyes turn to her as the suspect. If she wants to stay out of jail or even keep her job, Julienne needs all the help she can get to solve the crime.

She has her work cut out for her with a v
Published May 24th 2017 by Blazing Sword Publishing Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Iced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iced

Carrie
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Julienne has been completely career minded and has established herself as the event planner for a prestigious resort. When the local celebrity pastor gets a little too hands on and Julienne can tell he'd been drinking she heads to call security but within minutes of her leaving the pastor is killed and with Julienne being the last to see him the police have her on their radar.

Julienne's old high school rival is now a reporter and writes a story pointing at Julienne as the murderer the public is
Sabine
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ice cold murder, a break-up, a swinger club and a new exciting romance are the ingredients to this mystery in a new series set in a resort in Colorado.

A very promising and engaging story with lots of red herrings that kept me interested all the way to the last page. There is a good variety of supporting casts without being confusing.

I enjoyed the romance between Julienne and her new neighbour Mason even though he was just a tad bit too perfect.

I am looking forward to the next murder in the
Laura Thomas
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I have a fondness for cozy mysteries. They have such quirky titles and colorful covers. And there are so many themes. Food, pets, sewing, clothing and more. The theme for this book is new to me.

It’s never a dull moment for Julienne. She works at a luxurious resort as an event planner. Everything must run smoothly and last minute changes will be accommodated. Except when it’s a dead body. Somebody killed the beloved Pastor Tom. Ran him through with an ice sculpture.

Julienn
Bea
The setting for this story, a resort in Colorado, was appealing and the main reason I requested the book. I don't know much about resorts but Colorado is a beautiful state and resorts aren't a common setting for cozies so I hoped it would be interesting and it was.

Julienne is passionate about her work and her career but her father and her boyfriend are not. Both want her to settle down, get married, and be a stay-at-home mother. While she's fending them off, she's also dealing with a
Babs
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Julienne has a run in with the celebrity pastor and when he is found dead detective Lawrence doesn't want to look any further he thinks she is totally guilty. She decides to get her friends an one sexy neighbor , Mason to help clear her name.

While this is all going on she is fighting her dad for her independence.  Her family thinks she should be married and having kids. Worse her boy friend thinks she knows what is best.  I loved when Julienne puts her foot down.

A great r
Kathleen
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
“Iced: A Resort to Murder” earns 5/5 Ice Sculptures!

Julienne LaMere, event coordinator and manager-in-training at an upscale resort in Colorado, is frantically finalizing details with frequent last-minute changes and preparing for the Leadership Luncheon with many local community leaders. “This event must be executed with precision and perfection,” her boss expected. But her training never covered how to handle a sleazy local mega-church paster suggestively accosting her and then bei
Cheryl
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a fun, charming, fast, cozy mystery of a read. It was so easy to read this book. Everything from the storyline to the characters were great. A nice start to this series. I look forward to reading the next book.

The first word I would use to describe Julienne is "sensible". There is nothing wrong with this quality. Yet, you could say that Julienne does not have much excitement in her life. Well that is until the murder of Pastor Tom.

Julienne investigating the murder to cl
Lisa Morin
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iced is a good beginning to a new series.
Julienne is a strong, career minded woman who finds herself victim to some unwanted attention.
When the perpetrator is found dead, all eyes focus on Julienne, leaving her no choice but to uncover the truth.

The writing was clear and concise and the story flowed smoothly from beginning to end.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book provided by the publisher and NetGalley.
Patty
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iced: A Resort to Murder Mystery by Avery Daniels is the first book in a new series located in Colorado. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I live in Colorado, so I especially enjoy hearing about familiar settings. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. If you love fun cozy mysteries, I recommend this book.

I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
A Real Page Turner!

A really well written mystery with only two glaring errors that I could find, and those were both in the first few chapters and looked like editing mistakes. Otherwise, I COULD. NOT.PUT. IT.DOWN! Looking forward to book two and more of Julianne and Mason!
Kathleen
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Iced: A Resort to Murder” earns 5/5 Ice Sculpture Displays!

I am always excited about starting a series with the first book. It’s like being first in line for the seafood buffet…wink, wink! Avery Daniels’ “Iced: A Resort to Murder” is a great beginning to what I hope is several books: Upscale resort? Event planning? Questionable appetites? Murder? The story was very entertaining with twists and turns that I couldn’t hazard a guess because another motive or clue would be reveale
Gayle Pace
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cozy-book
MY THOUGHTS

My favorite character was Julienne. She was a strong woman, not afraid to stand up for what she believed and going after what she wants. She was a hard worker traveling and working at different hotels. She didn't seem to have much support from anyone. Sometimes she seemed to get side tracked a little. It made you want to direct her straight ahead instead of going in the opposite direction.

It seems like the main love interest, Mason is the symbol of perfection.
Joss Landry
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing and worth the late night!

I struck gold when I agreed to review the book ICED! I immediately loved the character Julienne LaMere. She reminded me of a friend I once knew in college, determined, geared on her career and diffident to take the well-trodden path of married with children. Julienne could not accept life with her longtime boyfriend, Brandon, no matter how much he sweetened the pot.
She needed to stand up to her father since he wanted her married and settling
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Julienne has big dreams, she wants to travel the world and manage resorts in exotic destinations. She has a job as a manager in training and is being placed in charge of more and more events. As she is checking final arrangements on a large event one of the participates, Pastor Tom a local pastor who has made it big, comes into the room and grabs Julienne. She knees him and runs from the room. Moments later one of the staff enters the room and finds him dead, impaled on an ice sculpture. Since J ...more
Carol
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julienne is training to become a resort manager, a career that she had wanted to follow all her life. She plans and co-ordinates events as well as dealing with staff and suppliers and it was during one of these events that she finds herself at the receiving end of Parson Tom's drunken groping hands on her backside, no less. As he tries to grab her, she knees in him the groin (Hurrah!!) and walks away to phone security, reporting a drunk was in the catering hall. What she did not bargain for was ...more
books are love
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I enjoyed this fun entertaining sweet mystery. It had cozy but not a lot in it. We have Julienne fighting to prove her innocence and keep her independence. She is a good character. Sometimes a little lost in her self but genuinely a caring person. She is juggling showing everyone it is okay to have a career, her personal life and show her independence. Her boyfriend started out as a good guy but when his and Julienne’s lives didn’t mesh and Julienne figu
Melissa Ann
"Iced Resort to Murder Mystery" by Avery Daniels was a light and fluffy read. It's one of those books you can bring to the beach,or just read on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I read it in a day, so it's definitely quick and easy read. However there are a lot of instances where there were things such as bad grammar, poor sentence structure, and typos that brought me out of the story a bit.

My favorite part of the book was probably the main character, Julienne. She's an example of a woman wh
Maria
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julianne loves her job at the five start resort in Colorado, but her job could be in danger after being the first suspect of the death of Pastor Tom... Will she be able to clean her name?

This is a quick read mystery, full of characters and quite an explosive case!
Julianne is a character that really knows what she wants, a job, a career, and is not ready to start a family yet, but maybe the handsome Mason will make change her mind. I was a little bit tired that everyone in Julia
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B071LFD6JV
Reviewed For NetGalley and Blazing Sword Publishing
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Avery Daniels shows her writing talents with her debut novel of her n
Katie  Cunningham
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Resort to Murder Mysteries series. Julienne is a manager-in-training at a 5 Star resort with visions of working in resorts all over the world. But first she must prove herself innocent of the murder of the high profile Pastor Tom.

I liked Julienne as soon as she kneed the Pastor for roughly groping her. This is a girl who can stand up for herself, which she has to do to her father and current boyfriend, who both think she should have a nothing job and rai
Complicated and Controversial
All Julienne wants is to do a good job, prove herself in her role as an event organizer and move on to bigger, better, more exciting opportunities. Unfortunately her life is a mixture of safe and predictable along with her big dreams.
Until one day she finds herself in the wrong place, responding automatically and suddenly, as a result, she becomes the number one suspect in the murder of a local celebrity.

This is a bit grittier than most cozy m
Sherry Lynn
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy
Another delightful read. Over and over I seemed to use that same description. But I can't help it. Iced was just fun and the
characters all of them were delightful. Well the suspects weren't
too delightful but the rest of Julienne's friends, neighbors and relatives were..

Julienne is a great leading lady with lots of friends and relatives
that help her find the answers and clear her name.
Among the characters are her crazy elderly neighbors. And the handsome new James Bondi
Naomi Wilson
I really enjoyed reading Iced and I look forward to future books in the Resort to Murder Mysteries. Julienne is a very likeable and relatable character and I'm in love with Mason. I liked that Julienne wasn't trying to catch the killer so much as provide the police with a list of suspects (other than herself). Her character didn't have a military, law enforcement, or any special background that would make her a good candidate for the task. She was just an ordinary person trying to save her resor ...more
Martina
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Fast read and Entertaining

Julienne LaMere life is pretty perfect: she has the job of her dreams, manager in training in a luxury resort in her home town. She has a boyfriend and a comfortable relationship and seems like her life is following the path that she has planned. Unfortunately, a murder in the resort changes things when the police consider her as the prime suspect in Pastor Tom Drake murder. The murder occurred only minutes of having an altercation with Julienne. As the inve
Cheryl Malandrinos
When Julienne finds herself the prime suspect in the murder of a celebrity pastor, she decides to turn up some alternative suspects with her investigation. Problem is she also catches the attention of someone who is quite happy with her being implicated and will stop at nothing to make sure she doesn't uncover the truth.

Every time I read a cozy I remember how much I love them. Daniels has created a strong first book in the Resort to Murder Mystery with a ton of promise to come.
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
Iced by Avery Daniels
Who killed Pastor Tom, wasn’t he a saint after all? I thoroughly enjoyed this Murder mystery and tried to work it out as usual but had to get to the end as I was unable to figure it out correctly. I liked most of the characters as well and didn’t want them labelled as the killer. Julienne is happily working at her perfect job, wanting it as her career while enjoying working at a beautiful resort, living not too far away. She has organised an event and checked all is go
Elissa
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a philandering Pastor makes a pass at the Events Coordinator at a Conference he ends up dead and she's the prime suspect. We were with her and know SHE didn't do it, but who did? The more she uncovers in an effort to clear her name, the more suspects there seem to be. And someone keeps breaking into her office. And what about that Hot Hero? Part cozy, part romance and all fun, some serious relationship and life issues are explored which turn this from a piece of fluff into a novel worthy o ...more
Nadine
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

When Pastor Tom gets murdered, Julienne is the number one suspect. She has to prove her innocence! But things are going from bad to worse for her… in the murder case as well as in her personal life.

It took me a little while to really get into this book, but once I was there I liked it. In the beginning the writing style seemed a bit emotionless, detached. Too descriptive and practical, and not enough feelings. But that got better later on.

There are some typos and grammati
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of meeting Avery Daniels at a local book signing event and obtained this copy there! This was such a fun read; I have only recently started reading cozy mysteries and this was a lot of fun! The characters were people I wanted to root for. Without spoiling anything, I loved that the main character, Julienne, while happy to accept the help of the male lead was never in a "damsel in distress" position and was always working on saving herself instead of waiting for someone to come ...more

Resort to Murder Mystery (2 books)
  • Nailed (Resort to Murder Mystery, #2)