Start by marking “Cold Malice (Cold Justice, #8)” as Want to Read:
Cold Malice (Cold Justice, #8)

Cold Malice

(Cold Justice #8)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  437 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
ASAC Steve (Mac) McKenzie is out to prove himself by leading a task force investigating a series of murders in the heart of Washington, DC. His undercover work in an antigovernment compound twenty years earlier is related—as is the sweet, innocent girl he befriended back then. Now that girl is a beautiful woman, and she has something to hide.

Tess Fallon spent a lifetime tr
Published September 12th 2017 by Toni Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Cold Malice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Malice

Kristy K
I struggle to find good romantic suspense novels. This one was decent and held my interest. Tess is the daughter of the leaders of a white supremacist cult (The Pioneers) that was raided 20 years ago. Tess was adopted, changed her name, and created a life far from the hatred that her childhood centered around. Now someone is using her father’s manifesto to commit a series of murders in an attempt spark a revolution.

Mac was fresh out of the police academy when he went undercover to help take dow
Dísir
What begins as seemingly unrelated, cold-blooded murders appears to be an act of white supremacist leanings and at the heart of it would be a woman whose father was the leader of such a group, who also, twenty years ago, had been freed of that life when Steve McKenzie worked undercover at their complex. But 2 decades isn’t long enough apparently, for some ghosts to stay buried and this time, Mac’s reentry into Tess Fallon’s life is anything but coincidence when the resurrection of the dogmas of ...more
Sunny
ARC Review
Originally posted at Scandalicious Book Review

In another life, I had the experience of working with survivors of one of the most heinous hate crimes in the twentieth century, the Holocaust, one day and a former Neo-Nazi skinhead the next. I learned a lot about what it meant to live as a target of hate, and received insight into the mind of a hater. From the extremist, I studied the strategies used by hate groups to recruit. I was familiar with the signs and symbols used by extremists.
Anita
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

Toni Anderson has written a gritty, taunt thriller this time around. Her hero is ambitious and her heroine has a family that casts a long shadow over her. These two are one of her most wonderful couples.

Theresa Jane Hines was 10 years old when the Pioneers compound was raided. She and her baby brother, Bobby, survived because she did exactly what Kenny Travers, a kind, cowboy,
Trish R.
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 8 was every bit as good as the first 7 books were.

This one was all about poor Tess, who had had it rough her whole life, always trying to hide who she was. And her brother, Cole, was left in the dark as to who he really was. The two were the children of a family of crazy white supremacists who had all been killed or arrested by the FBI 20 years before. And our hero, Mac, came calling when murders started happening in Washington D.C. that would lead to the 20 year old extremists.

Mac had be
Pamela(AllHoney)
The eighth book in the Cold Justice series by Toni Anderson. Theresa Jane aka Tess Fallon was just a child when the Pioneers' compound, headed by her white supremacist parents, was raided by the FBI. She hid in a closet with her baby brother and survived. Now twenty years later, people are being killed and evidence seems to point to the Pioneers'. But most of the members are either dead or in jail. ASAC Steve McKenzie (Mac) is on the job investigating. Twenty years ago, "Mac" was a young policem ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
FBI Agent Steve (Mac) McKenzie has always had one goal in mind.. Getting his own team. Even back when he was just a newly police officer undercover with a white supremacist group he didn't let his affections for an innocent 10 year old girl get in the way of taking down the group which lead to many being gunned down.

Now 20 years later signs are pointing to someone trying to resurrect the cause of that group when series of murders start occurring against the types that group would target.

Tess F
Diane
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on white supremacies, scary but interesting! Amazing how long a grudge will last.

This book centers around an FBI agent and the daughter of a known white authoritarian. The FBI agent had worked undercover and had infiltrated the compound and witnessed the inner workings - this was actually before he became an agent, kind of a test ground for him as a young man. The daughter was only 10 when that world came tumbling down - at least for that time.

Not a bad read, it got a bit too wo
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
I guess even in a favorite series there is bound to be a stumbling block read, and this was it for me. The book was well written as always; however, I simply did not like the storyline...at all. I kept reading and finish reading for the mentions here and there of characters from previous books; but I just didn't particularly like this story, Mac (he was an unprofessional jerk most of the book), or the subject matter of the plotline.

Still looking forward to the next book in the series. Love this
Book Him Danno
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read everything by Toni Anderson and this book by far was the most addictive. I couldn't put it down once I started.

The write was exciting, fresh and the banter was perfectly paced not slowing down the story but coming naturally from the characters.

Toni Anderson as an ability to give the readers everything they need with such detail it will send chills down their backs. Each characters feels are express to the point readers will feel Tess pain and heartache. Readers will cry when she crie
Tash
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Loved this installment. Anderson made me fall in love with her writing all over again
Full review will be posted
Dianne Wagner
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the eighth book in the Cold Justice series. I thought the first seven were great, but this one blew my socks off! The suspense had me thinking the one person was guilty, then a different one. I could not make up my mind, but I like that in a book. The sex scenes were so well written, you could feel the love between the characters and not just lust. The characters felt real, the dialog flowed with ease. The entire book was riveting. I could not put it down. I hope Ms. Anderson gets awards ...more
Tracy T.
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic story in the Cold Justice series. Excellent narration by Eric Dove. (audible reveiw)

WOW this is one of the best action romance series! I love it!

I really liked Mac and Tess. They were good together. And the story line and plot was really good. As usual the story flowed so well and was easy to follow. Lots of action, bad guys, amazing dialogue and fast paced.

I always look forward to these books.

As for the narration, well need I say more it was Eric Dove! He is amazing! He has su
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
4.5 Stars

To say I was disturbed by the subject matter of this book is a huge understatement and it's taken me a bit to time to sort out my feelings about this story. Ms. Anderson is without a doubt an amazing writer and every one of her books that I've read shows her dedication to her writing, especially the attention to details and the research that makes her stories so authentic. COLD MALICE is filled with suspense and intrigue, so well written that it blurs the lines between fact and fiction,
MBR
The Cold Justice series is well into its 8th book, with Toni Anderson hitting the mark with each single installment in the series. That is what I call well researched books that keeps the pages turning and the readers coming back for more. And I have definitely been coming back for more.

Cold Malice, just like every other book in this series, takes on a prominent issue in current society. The rise of white supremacist movements in countries like the United States, putting into peril years of pain
Heather
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once again Toni Anderson has written a very engaging novel of romantic suspense. Fortunately it was heavier on the suspense than the romance because I have to say I wasn't all that fond of the hero. Agent Steve McKenzie, while trying to be a dedicated FBI agent, was more often than not a jerk and not always the best agent. So if it hadn't been for Tess's previous history with the agent, I sincerely doubt that there would have ever been a romantic attraction between the two. That said, the myster ...more
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Read Sunny's awesome review over on Scandalicious Book Reviews: http://bit.ly/2y6cM6a
Cris
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
More like 2.5* -- plot was great as usual, but Mac was such an unlikeable wanker that I had an incredibly negative visceral reaction to him throughout the book (Tess deserves much better!), and there were several editing mistakes that didn't make for the smoothest reading experience.
Lauren
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5*

Toni Anderson's Cold Malice was originally pitched to me as a Criminal Minds type novel, and if you read my reviews regularly, you'll know how much of a Criminal Minds fangirl I am. So basically right there I was already 100% sold, saying gimme the book!

One word that describes Cold Malice? ADDICTIVE! I raced this book easily in one sitting, flipping the pages as fast I could on my iPad. Even as the night turned darker and the wind picked up, I was still enthralled, no matter how amped up
Danielle Gypsy Soul
4.5 Stars. Although Cold Malice is the 8th book in the Cold Justice series you could read it as a stand alone but why would you when the previous books are just so darn good! Cold Malice is another page turning, edge of your seat romantic suspense with a great mix of action, danger, and intrigue that has you guessing who the villains are and who the MCs can really trust.

Once I started this book I was hooked from the cult scene that introduces both of our characters in the past to the beginning o
Amy • A Magical World of Words

A Magical World of Words

(Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC of this book in exchange for a honest review as part of the blog tour.)

When I got the chance to read this book, I jumped at it. I love romantic suspense, but so often I've been disappointed by the imbalance of those aspects. I hoped this book would defy my low expectations.
It definitely did.

The pacing is brilliant and skillful. It's fast, exciting, action-packed, and intelligently plotted. The story also deals with heavy,
books are love
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Steve was great. he had some issues because he had a ex that manipulated him and now all he wants is to get his career going forwards and on the upwards track. He has always been haunted by the girl in his first undercover mission and now this mission is to come back in a big way. Tess and Steve draw you in from the beginning and don’t let you go.

Here people are being killed in what appears to be anything but random. All have some kind of threat against them at one point. And all would be on the
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I liked about this book is that it kept me guessing. I might have been able to figure out some stuff, but I was surprised by the twists and turns the book had. The book satisfied me in the suspense and the romance department. The only complaint you will hear from me about this book is that I wanted to see more of the characters. I sometimes feel like the I love yous were said a little too fast, but then I remember everything that went on and I realized that it was perfectly timed. I liked t ...more
Floryie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
This is another new author to me and well, I love discovering new authors and the way I enjoyed Cold Malice is sure to make me read her other works when I have time.

There are lots of things to take into consideration when reading a romantic suspense. The characters, their likeability, the plot line, the romantic aspect and the very important suspense part which we so enjoy and dread.

Let me start with characters. The protagonists are well developed and the supporting cast have such a strong impa
Myreadbooks
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was immediately attracted to the blanket and we saw Tess and a country house.

It all starts when Steve McKenzie wants to prove himself investigating a series of murders in the Washington district. He's going to investigate with Tess that he's known for twenty years. She wanted to remain anonymous except that someone plays with the anniversary of her father's death to perpetrate horrendous crimes. They will have little time to stop this.

An eighth volume filled with suspense and mystery with a c
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Cold malice from the criminals or the hero.....

This is book was good but it wasn’t great for me. For starters the book started good but I felt as if the author jumped through hoops versus slowly introducing how the hero and heroine once again were in each other’s lives. Not to mention the hero just lack of conviction. He cared more for his job and less about the heroine. Granted he is dedicated to his job but if you had check the heroine checked out why continuously doubt her. Emotionally the he
Loriidae
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Great mystery but HEA unconvincing.
Tami
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Nice contemporary romantic suspense There were parts where previous reading of the other books in the series would have been beneficial.
Jackie Lane
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Theresa Jane Hines and her brother Bobby through a whispered word from a cowboy at the compound, escape a raid by the government and flee. They are now known as Tess and Cole. After being raised by a white supremacist extremist, Tess wants to build a safe and secure life for her and her brother.

Now, 20 years later, someone is bringing fire and brimstone back and Tess is once again sucked into this dangerous world as killings have once again sprung to the forefront.

Steve McKenzie (Mac) is now an