Start by marking “The Foxe & the Hound” as Want to Read:
The Foxe & the Hound

The Foxe & the Hound

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  5,849 Ratings  ·  678 Reviews
When your life is a hot mess at twenty, it’s cute. At twenty-seven… well, not so much.

It’s just that my lofty dreams—making it as a real estate agent, paying rent on time, showering daily—have stayed just that: dreams. Oh, and love? I’ve decided love might be a little ambitious for me at the moment. Instead, I’ve settled for the two guys who will never leave me: Ben &
Published June 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Foxe & the Hound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Foxe & the Hound

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romcoms

➦If you were to pick a dog, you could spend months researching breeds, figuring out which one is the best fit for you. You could go to shelters, dog shows, hanging around and asking questions.

➦Or, you could be just like the heroine of this book, and go to a shelter to make an impulsive adoption of a certain adorable furry ball of a pup.

➦It does seem like a faster, easier way to go, right? Well, except if nobody really tells you how big your dog is going to get.

➦No problem. Just call him somethin
Bibi
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is a rom-com? My bad, I must have been laughing in my head except I'm almost certain I didn't crack even one smile.

Madeleine. Grow up, put some effort into actually doing your job or maybe just get another job. And oh, don't ever allow anyone call you bi-polar (even if you are); also, if you have to call a guy a dozen times without a callback or even an itsy bitsy text message, then, please, have some self-respect and- you know- move on with your LIFE!

And you Mr Adam Foxe, aka the panty mel
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I thought my heart was dead—gone—after Olivia, but Madeleine has proved it’s alive and well, beating so hard I can barely see straight.

photo Teaser2_zpsjnrunix3.png

Every time I hear there’s a new R.S. Grey book coming out, I get a little giddy inside. I know that I am guaranteed to fall in love with the story and characters she creates. THE FOXE AND THE HOUND was right up my alley. Being a HUGE dog lover, I got a kick out of the fact that the swoon-worthy Hero in this s
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

What to expect from The Foxe and the Hound: a hot as sin veterinarian, a down on her luck real estate agent, one rambunctious, oversized puppy, multiple awkward run-ins, and a sweet, light, and a slow-burn, laugh-out-loud romance.

Like all of her books I've read so far, this was entertaining and impossible to put down.

When real estate agent Madeleine Thatcher adopted her adorable fluff ball Mouse, she had no idea he'd grow as big as her. She only thought Mouse
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I was in an awful mood when I began reading The Foxe and the Hound. In fact, I didn’t even really feel like reading at all. I’m a book blogger though and that kind of means I have to sometimes even when I’m not feeling it. I love R.S. Grey, but I was still fully prepared to sulk and drag myself through the book purely due to the way I felt at the time. However, within a few minutes of reading I was smiling, and before I knew it, I was laughing. I flew through the story in one sitting and felt a ...more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS!!!!!!! Five friggin sweet and swoony stars! I'm so in love with this book! I'm swooning as I write this review. I mean, wow. That gave me endless tingles and chest aches and feels. So. Many. Feels. I'm not even kidding. My tingles had tingles, my swoon had swoon, and the butterflies in my belly had their own darn butterflies. This book was yummy. From the first to the last page it was downright delicious. Adam and Madeleine are two of the very best characters I've ever had the pleasur ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 sweet stars

I'm in love with this story and the characters *sigh*.R.S. Grey did it again,she delivers a lovely,sweet,adorable,fun and intense story.

description

If you know me,then you know how addictive I am with Rachel's stories.She always make me happy with her books and this one was something else.I adored Madeleine and Adam.Separately and together,they have an amazing chemistry.

If you are looking for something refreshing, with a sassy heroine a swoon worthy hero and a sweet romance this is perfect!!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I absolutely love when you can fall into every book you read by an author. You know, you just know it's going to make you fall💕 But first, let me say this, I wanted to hate Adam Foxe, badly.
 photo 3EE7B6F2-E9F5-416E-8889-492414C0F40D_zpsdbcdt8ml.gif
I think I did hate or disalike him at times, a lot of times, but I totally understand why he was so hesitant, so reserved. His past. He's unhappy and he's had the worst betrayal happen to him. But hello, enter the entertainer of the year, Madeleine Thatcher. She could cure anyone's broken heart.
 photo 03FB9261-A6A9-4957-8D6E-62E94C5839B4_zpsaj72fvhc.jpg
She's stuc
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
A big thank you to the author for providing me with an advance ebook copy to review!

This was cute but for some reason I didn't really love it? 😕 I'm a fairly new R.S. Grey fan and I've only read three books by Rachel, four including The Foxe and the Hound, and I've loved every single one of them but I'm a little disappointed with this one.

I felt like not much happened in the story and the relationship between Madeleine and Adam was kiiiiinda underdeveloped. I didn't feel that thrill I had with
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

So cute!!
Navessa

DNF @ 48%

Not going to rate this, because the writing is good, and most of the characters are pretty engaging.

With the exception of the male lead.

He was just SUCH an asshole. Insurmountably so, for me. I could have kept going, because I'm sure he tries to redeem himself, but I'm just not that forgiving, and no amount of groveling could make up for his shitty behavior up until the point I quit.

The fact that the female lead is super sweet and easily forgives him (where I wouldn't) made it even wor
Joce (squibblesreads)
It's time to DNF a book when a joke about assault turns into the pickup line that begins a passionate makeout scene, and there is also the line "taming wild mustangs with patience and masculinity". At least I borrowed it and didn't pay!

Edit: Finished this so people wouldn’t come at me for not finishing it when I include it in a list in an upcoming video.
Dali
An appealing enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy that is sure to make you smile. I hadn't laughed that hard in a while! Absolutely fun, sexy and adorable. R. S. Grey's buoyancy shines through!

Madeline Thatcher didn’t mean to reach twenty seven and still have her life in disarray. But she has her priorities straight. 1. Sell at least one house in the near future in order to pay the months overdue rent. 2. Train her ginormous puppy to heel and not maul well-dressed, good looking men, especially if
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For some reason, I didn’t realize that this book was also set in the small town of Hamilton, but I’m so glad it was and that we got to catch up with Lucas and Daisy while getting Madeleine’s quirky love story.

Madeleine and Adam meet in a not-so-great way and start off on the wrong foot with each other. Though being in a small town makes running into each other easier whether they want to see each other or not. But when both need something, they figure they can use each other for something good.
Diana
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Foxe and the Hound is a fast and easy read that had me smiling. It is the first book that I have read from this author, but it will certainly not be my last.

Madeleine Thatcher is a “hot mess”. She is struggling with work, money, and even her dog is giving her problems, not to mention her nonexistent love life. Things start to look up when a hot new veterinarian moves to her small Texas town.

Adam Foxe moves from Chicago to be close to his family. Although he is the talk of the town,
Bindi Boo
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Freaking had fun with this book. Light, sweet and although a predictable plot, the author did a great job with the heroine not being a complete doormat. Certainly an enemies-to-lovers type with an amazing hero and heroine hating then loving each other's guts. Loved Madeleine's real life struggles. Instead of bitching, she fought to right her struggles. When someone from the past returns, instead of self depracating, self sabotaging she took a step back and gave herself a pep talk. You go
Alex ♈
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
This was the perfect romantic comedy to charm me out of my rainy day funk.

Madeleine Thatcher is a super sweet but perpetually single, down on her luck realtor. She has a new adorably unruly puppy to keep her company, but whether in love, work, or just life in general, the lady just cannot seem to catch a break. Her misadventures create some hilarious moments, including an unfortunate encounter with Dr. Adam Foxe.

Adam is the new man in the small town, and he’s got a few things going for him:
1) He
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The Foxe & the Hound by R.S. Grey was one of those light-hearted, feel-good books that I'm looking for. Afterwards I had a big smile on my face. Not only did the book leave me utterly satisfied, I ended up adoring the characters and their four-legged friends.

Adam Foxe and Madeleine Thatcher were FANTASTIC together.

Madeleine was a wonderful, strong female lead, she was Lucas's sister and Daisy's best friend and a supporting character in Anything You Can Do. Daisy and Madeleine were still extr
Maria...
"3,5 Stars"

This was a sweet and funny story. As all of Ms. R.S Grey's books I have read so far. I love her books and they are a joy to read them and laugh and have a great time.

I enjoyed this reading a lot and the characters were pretty good! I liked that we saw Luca and Daisy again and how they've been so far. Adam and Madeleine's chemistry was great and so hot at times...

Madeleine was a crazy girl try to figure out her life and making the most of it. Everywhere she went troubles were right beh
Nicola
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Foxe and the Hound is my first read by R.S Grey and whilst I wouldn't exactly peg this as a romantic comedy, it was an entertaining, lighthearted romantic read with a loveable, yet frustrating at times, couple

"Adorably dysfunctional twenty-something seeks handsome veterinarian. Serious offers only."

Both Madeleine and Adam's luck has sunk a little of late—he with a recently broken engagement under his belt and her generally struggling at work—and with some help from her ten-tonne pup, they
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!

photo CD01FC27-86EF-4857-8CE6-51F8F6ABD7F1_zpssxxmhi9k.jpg

Madeleine Thatcher is a 27 yr. old gorgeous, single woman living in rural Texas, in a small town called Hamilton. She works as a real estate agent at Hamilton Realty, & lately feels as if her whole life is one big hot mess. She just can't seem to get it together. She's struggling to pay her rent, can't seem to sell a house to save her life, & although she attends singles events & uses online dating apps, she hasn't had any luck in the love department. Everyone around her see
Chan
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Writing:

Characters:

Storyline:
description/

I had a hard time getting through this one. There were some great elements, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

The overall feel of this novel was immature. R.S. Grey laid the foundation for some good stuff, but then she didn’t do anything with it. For instance, the size of the dog could have been played up more. Well, the dog could have been used more all around. More insight into the cooky ways of Mr Bigs (whatever his name was), the guy the Female MC wa
Jiana
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was so cute and fun! Just what I needed. I have only read one novel by Grey and unfortunately I didn’t enjoy it much, so naturally I went into this one with low expectations. I ended up liking it way more than her other novel!
Michelle
4.5 Stars!
Loved this one!
Shayna
top pick

Let me just start off by saying that I would probably put every single R.S. Grey romance that I've read on my TOP PICK list, and THE FOXE & THE HOUND would be at the very top of that list, hands down! Grey's latest romantic comedy just blew my socks off! It was absolutely HILARIOUS, incredibly SEXY, and out of this world ENTERTAINING! I had THE BEST time reading this book. I was lost in Grey's world the entire time, and I never wanted it to end. Adam Foxe has to be one of the best male lead
Jayme
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again R.S. Grey proved to me that she is the queen of romantic comedies. The Foxe & the Hound is laugh out loud and delightful book. Must read for summer times and really all times!

I don’t exaggerate if I write that the dog stole the show. The heroine, Madeline adopted a small and furry puppy, and named him, Mouse. A puppy that was growing with rapid pace and became difficult to keep in check dog. But still a beloved friend. In fact, our heroine is also a mess. She is trying to make a g
Alia Ros
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SMOKES THAT WAS BRILLIANT! Loved every moment of this!!! Soo freakishly good and HILARIOUS! Hahaha i totes loved it from the start to the end! I enjoyed it so much i couldn't put it down!
❤❤❤❤
Fantastic job as always Rachel :---)
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5⭐

“Because he’s the love of my life.
And he’s my dog”

Relatable🐶🖤.

I was in the mood for something cute and funny and this book was definally it.
Snow
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you have read any other book by R.S. GREY than you know this author's recipe for good ol' romance.

The kind of romance you can see in the old movies...with a dose of healthy humor, awkward situations that make you giggle with hiccups...and yet she raises a bar a bit higher filling the blanks with steamy anticipation and flippery drumming of one's heart while waiting for the culmination to burst...and the fireworks, of course. *wink*

This was a perfect read for the ultimate relaxation even thoug
Turning Pages At ...: The Foxe and the Hound 24 18 Jul 22, 2017 10:36PM
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:
More about R.S. Grey...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
“I didn't plan to be this dysfunctional at 27, but dysfunctionality has a way of creeping up on you. One second, you're 22, wrapping up your undergraduate degree from a top business school, and then suddenly, you're sitting alone in your car at 27, wondering how five years slipped trough your fingers without so much as a blink.” 3 likes
“Because he’s the love of my life. And he’s my dog. Well,” 1 likes