Start by marking “Untouchable (Private, #3)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Private, #3)

Untouchable

(Private #3)

Cheating, partying, blackmail, and now...murder?
Can the Billings Girls remain untouchable?

Reed's boyfriend, Thomas Pearson -- the popular, easygoing, irresistibly handsome and charismatic boy she fell in love with -- is dead. No one knows how it happened, and everyone is after the truth. Or are they?

Life at Easton Academy begins to feel very different. Taylor is actin
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Untouchable, please sign up.
Shannon its a boarding school series its got drugs in it its really good I love the kate brian series she is a really give it a go it is a really good series…moreits a boarding school series its got drugs in it its really good I love the kate brian series she is a really give it a go it is a really good series Shannon hope that has helped cat when I read it I could not put it down until it was finished and now I am up to book 6(less)

This was a YA contemporary story, with a bit of a murder-mystery going on.

Reed was an okay character in this, although I was surprised at how she stood up to Noelle. I did feel sorry for her though following Thomas’ death.

The storyline in this followed on from the previous book, with Reed understandably upset over her boyfriend’s death, and we had the question over how Thomas had ended up dead – was he murdered? And if so, by whom? This was an entertaining read though, and I liked the little twi
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Okay, honestly, Reed is such a brat. I forgot how naive she was.
Lane
Reed's attitude about Thomas in this book are so unstable and flip-floppy, I legitimately do not think she knows how she feels at all. But I've always been on the Josh/Reed ship over the Thomas/Reed ship so I'm okay with it. I mean Josh! Artsy, curly-haired Josh! I mean he has flaws, but what a cutie pie. Especially around all of these kind of terrible people. This book ramps up the mystery, and honestly makes you think that at least 5 different people are guilty. Super happy the Walt thing is c ...more
Luke
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the Private books have something in common: they are all addictive with plenty of mystery and suspense and a equally mysterious cast of characters. Untouchable attained all these attributes, and now, in this moment, I want the next one.
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
This series is reminding me more and more of pretty little liars, the tv series more so than the books, with each book being the next episode and more explosive than the one before and with a new twist or turn or revelation. In this episode book, Reed and the other Billings girls find out that Thomas' death was not accidental and he is in fact been murdered and reed finds out that her 'friends' are still keeping secrets from her.

I found i didn't dislike Reed as much in this one as previous books
Dorotea
Totally unbelievable and way too much drama, but whatever, I’m hooked.
Jacquelyn Simon
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: boarding-schools
Emilie
Jan 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Cecily Kyle
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wobble
and it keeps getting better!
it feels like a mix of gossip girl and Pretty Little Liars! I just can't stop once I start and is the definition of guilty gossipy pleasure.
I could so see this being a show and one I would probably watch.
They always end with a crazy event that just makes you want to jump into the next one!
Great quick read!
M
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
this series is slowly getting less unbearable. it is extremely good gym noise.
Natalie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This series is so enjoyable. I’m a sucker for stories about kids at a boarding school anyway, and this one is great. Reed feels so real, from the way she looks at things, to her flaws, to the array of emotions she feels. She’s not a flat character at all. In fact, none of the characters are. They feel completely real.
Shae Petersen
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Paperback Princess
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
"Untouchable" has Easton Academy burying one of their students, Thomas Pearson, Reed Brennan's first lover and boyfriend. Then there's Taylor who seems to be overly affected by Thomas' death despite her obvious dislike for Thomas prior to his death, she now can't stop breaking down. Then there's Josh Hollis, Thomas' room mate and bestfriend who doesn't seem to be affected by the death at all.

There are so much mystery in this book that people that have classified the Private series to be the same
Shonda
May 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009
Untouchable is the 3rd book in the Private series. The book opens with Thomas’s funeral. There are still unanswered questions surrounding his death. Everyone has different theories on why Thomas died and each thinks he was murdered. As the police continue to investigate, more and more details are revealed about Thomas’s life.

Reed is trying to move forward after her first real loss. She doesn’t know what to do as everyone is constantly watching her every move and commenting on everything she does
Maddison
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Second time reading, and it was another quick read, but the ending was just as good as all of the other endings! I swear it's the end that makes the books good :p All the stuff in the middle is just fluff, it's the ending that's super intriguing. That cliffhanger! (view spoiler) I'm not sure what to think about (view spoiler) I ...more
Paige
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
It took me a little while to really get back into this book because it has been soooooo long since i've picked up this series but once I got re-familiar with the characters and storyline the mystery and characters drew me back in and made me remember why i picked up this series in the first place. Need to pick up the next book soon!
Abbie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like the first two books, the characters weren't ones that I was a massive fan of.

This was an okay read, although it did struggle to keep my interest at points. I enjoyed it about the same as book two though.

Overall, An okay read.
Jade
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is really really good. I was reading it every night. and Every night before going to sleep, I would make myslef stop reading it.

I will be continuing this series... XP
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Dang now I have to keep reading. Everything feels like the big fall is coming for noelle so we shall see.
Emilia
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
omg can there be so much drama in one book!!!!!!!!??? Loved it! Amazing! love thomas and reed!
Amiyah
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't want to give anything away but I am really enjoying this series.
Janelle Dazzlepants
old account (rl)
I find it so hard not to hate this series. No, seriously. I go into these books expecting to dislike the story and when I actually get a dislikeable story, I get even more annoyed and disappointed than before I started. It’s a bad cycle… so I wish this series would just surprise me already, so I can shake those bad expectations off. But when you get 200+ pages of Reed Brennan, I don’t know how that will be possible.

To put it simply, she’s a brat (and a lot more, but I’ll try and keep it PG). It
Karen
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Instead of accepting the fact that she was just as bad as others and owning it, Reed kept justifying her horrible actions by defining herself as a poor widow in mourning (New Moon phase Bella, anyone?). Didn't like her fickle, self-righteous attitude one bit, her POV was incessant, borderline hysteric most of the time.I'm not telling her to suck it up immediately, but to be the 'smart' girl she supposedly was before Easton. In the previous books she begged to be noticed, to have the crowd's atte ...more
Katie
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is full of crappy metaphors for physiological sensations and a plot hell-bent on setting up men like ducks in a row for Reed. The author tries very hard to create a girl who is just so beautiful, and so respected (even though she licked the floor to get into Billings?) but who just has NO idea how "great" and "special" she is. Like anyone, even a protagonist in a fictional novel, is ever that much the center of attention? Please.

I don't remember Reed ever caring that much the DAY after
Melissa
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars
Shelves: american, own, young-adult
3.5/5

This series, along with the TV shows Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars, is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I was in middle school the last time I read the first few books of this series and I still remember the funeral party scene. Honestly, I think that was the most memorable scene in this whole series (although there is one other that I can remember from later on in the series. It was a cliffhanger. No spoilers).

In case you’re wondering what I’m talking about:

At the end of the previous volu
Tina
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kacey
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read any books in this series in quite some time, so it was hard to jump right back in. However, Billings is just as compelling as before and I’m looking forward to reading more. I will say that at times, the writing can come across as trivial and juvenile, and the characters can be annoying. However, the plot makes up for it, especially with the mystery element.
Farahin Zulkifli
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I used to love this series when I was in middle school, so Im gonna give it 3 stars. The main character wasn’t an interesting character at all. But I guess the mystery, drama & scandal was what kept me reading 😆 However, the prequel (book of spells) was full of shit that I hated it even then.
Melinda
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soap-books
Probably would have enjoyed it more had I known it was part of a series, and also started the series from the beginning.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Beautiful Stranger (A-List, #9)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
  • Sealed with a Diss (The Clique, #8)
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.

Private (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Invitation Only (Private, #2)
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
  • Inner Circle (Private, #5)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Ambition (Private, #7)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Suspicion (Private, #10)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)