Start by marking “Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)

Tempting Adam

(Seattle Steam #2)

Christy Wallace is a respectable Spanish teacher. Not many people know she also moonlights as a salsa dance instructor. When she promises one her friends she’ll pose as his girlfriend, she doesn’t think a little game of pretend will be too complicated.

Adam Young is all cowboy. He’s also the owner of Adam’s Apples, the fastest-growing cider business in eastern Washington. B
Published June 5th 2017 by Entangled: Select Contemporary (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Adam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Adam

Auntee
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
This was a well-written book, with some hot moments between the H/H. I liked the hero, Adam, and for the most part I liked the heroine, Christy, but I really had a problem with Adam's brother (and Christy's best friend) Nate, and that really affected my enjoyment of this story.

Christy Wallace is a 24 year old Spanish teacher and part time Salsa dancing instructor living in Seattle. She meets a sexy cowboy from eastern Washington at a coffeee shop, and he asks her out but she has to teach a dance
Kathrynn
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
This was a very easy and quick, very hot (not quite erotic), romance set in Seattle. It very loosely ties to the first in this series in that the coffee shop and owner were in this--briefly--for two coffee purchases. Other than that, this could be a stand-alone.

Some parts of the book frustrated me in that Christy's gay male-friend, Nate took advantage of her--big time. He asked Christy to pose as his long-time girlfriend because he didn't want his parents and older brother to know he was gay. T
P.A. Lupton
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story was an unexpected treat. I loved the predicament Christy finds herself in after agreeing to do a favor for her best friend Nate. Nate is gay and doesn't want to tell his family, so he convinces Christy to pose as his girlfriend. The problem is, despite her bad luck she finally meets a man that she feels a special connection to. Instantly, Adam and Christy hit it off and end up spending the night together. The last thing Christy expects is to meet with Nate's family while pret
Stephanie
3.5 star read. Much, much better than the first book in this series. I still have one complaint, and that is why I can only manage 3 stars...the ending is way too abrupt. There no epilogue, no nothing just The End. For this reason, I will probably not read anymore books by this author.

I do have to say that if this rating was based solely on hot steamy sex, then this book is off the charts!!!! Even though I won't read anymore of her books, this one goes into the libido library!
Sara
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by Shelli Stevens I've read and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a quick read, the love scenes were super sexy (The breakfast scene with the blueberries was just HOT!!) and I really enjoyed the Seattle setting.
The story starts out with Adam and Cristy meeting like people do and hitting it off instantly. The story gets interesting when Christy’s friend Nate, asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend because he’s not ready to come out of the gay closet to his family. Sur
Krista
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
First of the plot/story-line gets 5 stars alone!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time another book I could not put down!
I loved both the characters again like in the first book their romance was just so believable!
and oh my was their romance oh so yummy, the sex scenes were just so damn hott! Only complain about this book is I never wanted it to end!!
Rhian Cahill
May 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelli pens another great read.
Angel Hatfield
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Madison was the owner of the coffee shop and asked Christy if she wanted a wet cappuccino. Christy’s attention had been on the intriguing man standing in front of her at Ooo La Latte. She was a regular here. Her imagination went into overdrive about said man. Then the man asked her what the difference was and she told him. Christy had been attracted to men before but never this quick. Two years without sex, she needed to get laid. She was flirting,her friend Nate would be proud of her. He asked ...more
Melena Torretta
Jun 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley-arcs
I was looking forward to reading this book because it's set in Seattle. The author did a nice job with the setting. You could tell it wasn't just a generic idea of what Seattle is like.

Unfortunately, though, I found the characters to be unlikeable through most of the book. They had one night together in which they only talked about/acted on their physical attraction but then he mentions how she could possibly be the one. Also, I didn't like the way they acted and reacted when Christy was acting
Synergy_Quest
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars - I enjoyed this romance. The hero is great even though he’s fighting with himself for most of the story. The heroine is nice and beautiful and not conceited at all, but wimpy. More specifically, she is a doormat for her gay best friend, who also happens to be a selfish jerk. He takes full advantage of her kind heart and constantly sacrifices her happiness for he is own. The best friend moniker and her commitment to him could have been justified better, so the h doesn’t come off looki ...more
Linda Quick
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a spicy romance that I enjoyed reading. Christy's gay best friend, Nate, has begged her to pretend to be his girlfriend when his family comes to visit. As expected, the results are disastrous.

I loved Adam and Christy's characters, but found their flaws a bit off putting, specifically, that Adam acted on his attraction to Christy, his brother's girl, and Christy was a bit of a doormat for Nate, even to her own detriment. Despite this, this is an enjoyable romance with a bit of sizzle that
Becky Wise
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tempting Adam is a terrific read. I love the passion and heat between Adam and Christy. The instant connection is amazing. Christy is an amazing friend to Nate and is only trying to help him out. When you realize who Adam is you question how long Christy is willing to help Nate for. Will she put her own happyness on hold until Nate can come clean. Christy and Adam are hot together. There are a few giggle moments and I just want to slap them a little for the half truths coming out. I enjoyed this ...more
Pbkreader
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelli Stevens has written a delightfully sexy romp that is the perfect summer read.

Christy promises her gay friend to pretend to be his girlfriend while his family is in town. It figures that she would meet the man of her dreams shortly before they arrive in town.

Adam is drawn to Christy. He's never felt this way about a woman before but it seems that Christy isn't being completely truthful about her availability.

Sit back and relax folks. The fireworks are about to begin!

I voluntarily read an
Michelle Quintana
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet love story between Adam and Christy. From the very beginning, they had a connection but Christy was hesitant to pursue it. She decides that if Adam shows up to her Salsa dance lessons, then there might be something worth pursuing. Not only does he show up, but he also thinks she is worth pursuing. The only hitch to their relationship is Nate. He is Christy's best friend and Adam's brother. Christy feels trapped and Adam doesn't know what to think. Every time it seems like they make progres ...more
Karen Roma
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Even though I liked book one in the Seattle Steam series (Grounds for Seduction), Tempting Adam is a much better read, but it did fall short on the ending. I was all prepped for the ease down from the final summit in the plot, however the story just seemed to end; it was a little disappointing. As this is obviously a series that Ms Stevens has written before her Holding Out for A Hero books, I’m glad that I was introduced to her writing a bit later, as the early books aren’t up to her current st ...more
Lori
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely one spicy book! The chemistry between Adam and Christy was off the charts. I enjoyed how they met and their flirtations. I loved how she stood up for herself with Adam and Nate in some scenes going for what she wanted, fit in with their parents, but wish she held her ground a little more forcing both Adam and Nate to respect her more. Her relationship with Nate, her best friend, was a little strange when he was not up front with her. Overall the story flowed at a great pace an ...more
Samantha
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It started off well but I’m not gonna lie the back and forth with the lies and keeping quiet got to be a bit much. The ending uh!! After the words exchanged I felt way to quickly did Christy accept and forgive Adam. It was a little hard to believe. All in all it was okay.
Melinda Blache
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read with sexy love scenes. The two main characters Adam and Christy complimented each other perfectly. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. I would recommend this book.

I received an advance copy from NetGallery for my honest opinion.

Rachel Kennedy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining read which is well written and keeps you interested in the story.
Christy has fallen for Adam after their night together, the only problem is that she's fake dating his brother to help him keep a secret from the rest of his family.
Melinda
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this sexy, sweet and romantic romcom with a slow burn that was delicious. Shelli Stevens does it again. Can’t wait for more books by this author. Happy reading!!
Jacki
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked:
The writing style
Part of a series: Seattle Steam
Standalone
HEA

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Lyndac
Sweet and hawt!
Jessica
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I could not get into this one at all. I really did try. I gave up about 15% in, skipped to the end and read the last chapter.
This was not the book for me.
Chanel
I had high hopes for Tempting Adam, as I really enjoyed the first book in this Series. This book was such a disappointment, that I can only give it a 2.5 rating. Adam and Christy's relationship had a twist that could have played out well, but the story line didn't live up to its potential. Their relationship was built on lies and selfishness, and I lost interest.
Farmers Wife
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut
This is the second book in the Seattle Steam series. The first one ROCKED and I loved it so much that I immediately added book 2 to my kindle as soon as I finished the first book. The first book was a 'can't put down' read. TOTALLY. The second book spins off with a side character from the first and her experiences in finding true love. Which of course, starts with a southern gentleman and some 'no strings attached' hanky panky.

I loved the beginning and how they met and where they went from there
The Sweet Bookshelf
.This is another Steamy one! If you get embarrassed by sexy scenes this is not for you. But, I loved it. I really did. Adam is the quintessential cowboy and takes what he wants. He's also a gentleman. I loved his go get her attitude along side taking care of her bit. He's really a great male lead. He's what most of us dream up in our heads as what a "real" man is. He's great.

Christy is super loyal. WAY more loyal than I'd ever be to be honest. I wanted to just slap her and say, "tell him alread
Cathy
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelli-stevens
Tempting Adam by Shelli Stevens...Its the story of 2 best friends and what happens when one lies for the other but that causes a little bit of confusion and heartache. I liked the main characters although it bothered me a bit that Adam went along with things so easily, when he knew his brother was involved. I did feel Christy's heartbreak though and enjoyed that Ms. Stevens is able to convey the emotions (happy and sad) through her writing. I have read several of her books, and have enjoyed them ...more
Piper
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, source-library
After book 1 I expected to enjoy this one a lot more than I did. It started off well and I was looking forward to Christy and Adam's romance. But then it went downhill. I thought Nate was an absolute a*hole - some friend and brother! I was also really uncomfortable with Adam and Christy's relationship after the 'lunch'. Neither could hold their heads high in my opinion. May as well throw in Adam's parents too - their manipulation was creepy.
MountainKat
Mar 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
*3.5 stars*

This was a very enjoyable book with a sweet love story and hot sex. I liked both Adam and Christy. But his brother, her best friend, annoyed me! He was an incredibly selfish guy and it really bothered me that he put his own desires above his brother and friend's when he saw that his subterfuge was interfering with their lives. Conflict erupted at the end in the form of a misunderstanding and name calling, and resolved too quickly, but that can be forgiven.
Black Butterfly
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: erotica, romance
REALLY LOVED THIS STORY ADAM WAS SUCH A HOT ALPHA MALE AND CHRISTY WAS A PERFECT MATCH FOR HIM. I DISLIKED HIS BROTHER NATE WITH A PASSION, WHAT A HORRIBLE FRIEND HE WAS. IF I HAD A FRIEND LIKE NATE OUR FRIENDSHIP WOULD HAVE LASTED AS LONG AS THE FIRST TIME HE TRIED TO USE ME. I ENJOYED THE FIRST SEATTLE STEAM BOOK ALSO. LOOKING FOR A GREAT BOY-GETS-GIRL, HOT SEX, AND A LITTLE BIT OF ANGST, THIS SERIES WOULD BE PERFECT FOR YOU. MS. STEVENS CAN REALLY WRITE A LOVE SCENE. YEE-HAW!!!

• A Prince Among Men (Red Hot & Blue #9)
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • Utter Domination
  • Key West (Hot in the City, #3)
  • Seducing Olivia (Incognito, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • Holiday Seduction
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Something Unexpected
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • All The King's Horses
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish #2)
  • Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9
  • Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)
  • Tamed
Shelli is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother’s bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn’t until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn’t make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli is a true

Seattle Steam (4 books)
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • Seducing Allie (Seattle Steam, #3)