Start by marking “The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)

The Dragonet Prophecy

(Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #1)

Not every dragonet wants a destiny ...
Clay has grown up under the mountain, chosen along with four other dragonets to fulfill a mysterious prophecy and end the war between the dragon tribes of Pyrrhia. He's not so sure about the prophecy part, but Clay can't imagine not living with the other dragonets; they're his best friends.
So when one of the dragonets is threatened,
Published January 2nd 2018 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about The Dragonet Prophecy, please sign up.
Isabel 9, because I read the original as a kid a few years ago, but I didn't like it very much because I didn't understand it very much. I saw the graphic…more9, because I read the original as a kid a few years ago, but I didn't like it very much because I didn't understand it very much. I saw the graphic novel and I decided to read it and I loved it. Maybe it's because I'm older or maybe it's because of the pictures, but I really liked it and I understood it. I'd say that if a kid between like 8-11-ish want to read this story, they should definitely read the graphic novel. The graphic novel is also fine for older people too though because I enjoyed it a lot. (less)

Start your review of The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my order of favorite dragons:
1. Peril
12.
13.
14. Burn
15. Scarlet

(I don't remember other characters and I'm thinking that maybe this list is too long.)
Katie
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my goodness. I am still recovering and I finished this book several hours ago.
So? Some of us like reading a dragon graphic novel for 8-12 year olds every one and a while. Leave me alone! I can be juvenile if I want.
The art in this book is so beautiful and the story moves wonderfully.
No wonder I finished it in only a day. Oops.
Just a few more pages turned into the whole thing. Heh heh...
I need the second one please!
Caroline
Jul 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
I can't believe this is going to be a thing but I'm so here for it
Abby Chaput
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book may be considered below my reading to a degree, but it was fun to read a graphic novel for once. I enjoyed re-reading this book instead of the original because even though it's in graphic novel form, you don't lose much of the story details. The skywing kingdom and glory are some of my favorite parts and people from the book. The amount of detail in the pages is amazing!
Kaitlyn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
When I heard that there was going to be a Wings of Fire graphic novel, I counted down the days until it would come out. I mean, WOF is one of my favorite series and I love graphic novels so double yay!

After my library finally got a copy of this beauty, I gobbled it up so fast! It's amazing how emotion can be put on the dragon's faces! I loved how unique the drawing style was and how rich the colors were. I spent time studying each picture (although sometimes an intense scene would cause me to
Abigail
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought it matched the 1st novel's story line. It may not contain some of the smaller details, such as Clay hated, but somewhat liked the cold cave river and how Tsunami threw him in after every session of training. I also didn't expect that some of the dragons/dragonets looked like what they did in the graphic novel. But, overall, I didn't like it, I loved it!
LeafOreo
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm getting this book for Christmas. Can't wait to see how it turns out :)
Billie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of the series (I've only read the first 5 because I try and space them out for more of the books to come out, but still I love this series) I think this book was very good and it followed the storyline quite well but I am slightly disappointed with the artwork (although my friends, who also love the series, love drawing dragons, so I'm kind of judging Holmes's artwork on my friends.) On a scale from 1 to 10 the artwork (just the dragons, I think the backgrounds were very good) rates a ...more
Smok1125
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Polish / English [Google translator]

ENGLISH [I hope that most can be understood.]

I am a big fan of the Pyrrhia world (currently 3 series books).
When I learned about the graphic novel, I was very excited. But later, when they showed the cover, I did not know what to do.

I was convinced that the novel would be done by the same person as all the illustrations from the rest of the series, namely Joy Ang.
But unfortunately, we got Mike Holmes instead. Why did it have to be him?
Could not it be someone
A Reader in Time
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Wings of Fire series, I’ve read every single installment and I loved every single one of them! So I was very excited to learn that they were making a graphic novel version of the series so I immediately bought all of them that are out currently and I’m just loving them! I would highly recommend reading the novel series first before reading the graphic novels because the books will explain a lot more of what happens and give you way more background and history than the ...more
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as good if not better than the original! I couldn't put this graphic novel down! Seeing one of my favorite series in a new medium like this was incredible! Strongly recommend! (For more of my thoughts on the actual story, check out my review of the first book.)
Lydia
dragons, prophecies and drama oh my!!

i wanted to read this because four people mentioned it to me in one day. it was really good! i liked the characterisation of each of the dragons, but i feel like there's a lot of work to do with the writing. often, a problem will be introduced only to be solved in the next couple of pages. the pace is really gripping, and i will continue on with the series but i wish that the problems or issues the dragons experienced lasted a little longer, or would pop up
Merenwen Inglorion
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So...
I didn't mean to read this enough times to land it on my "favorites" shelf (read it once to read it; read it again because it was sitting out on the table; technically read it a third time because my mom was reading it aloud to one of my siblings and I listened in :P).
The story is surprisingly good, given that it's a YA novel. The characters are developed (it's weird; some of them are stereotypes--or appear to be--but when they are stereotypes, it's well-executed), the art style is unique,
Barbara
I liked this Wings of Fire series very much and have gobbled up each title as it became available. I wasn't sure that I'd like the graphic novel version of the story, but I ended up liking it quite a bit. The selected text and the illustrations allow readers to understand the dragons' personalities and how desperately those five dragonets want to move out into the world. Had one of them not been threatened by their minders, they still might have remained hidden beneath that mountain. Since this ...more
Karissa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Wings of Fire graphic novel series; this is a reboot of the Wings of Fire series in graphic novel format and is exactly the same story as in the original Wings of Fire Book 1: The Dragonet Prophecy. It was well done and the drawing it decent. My son is a huge fan of this series, so I actually got this for him. It was fun to revisit these characters and reminisce about where everything started in this series.

I don’t have a ton else to say about this book. The story
Alexandra
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Peril was way too bright orange. She looked like a banana and the sun had a kid. It was pretty true to the actual book but they skipped some parts, like the scavengers in the arena. Some of the dragonets looked kind of odd. Scarlet was really really ugly. Morrowseer looked really mean and that was good. I feel like the artist never drew dragons before though. I feel like Clay looked like an old man or was it my imagination?
Lynn DiFerdinando
Sometimes you're wandering around a Barnes & Noble and see dragons on the middle-grade table and have to stop and read it. Which I did.
What I'm getting here is that this is basically this generation's version of Warriors, except with dragons. I like it.
Christine Fitzgerald
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the theme of friendship and courage to be something bigger than yourself. Beautiful drawings and coloring sucks you into a story full of dragons and magic!
Liahona Whittle
it was ok... needed better illustrations.
Brittany
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
My rating is probably closer to 2 1/2 stars. I haven't read the chapter books, but I can tell that they are probably much better than this graphic novel version. The story and characters are there, but this particular fantasy style lends itself to the deeper exposition that novel-length works have. Without that deeper exposition, the characters and storyline fall flat. The illustration style was not the best match for the story; it was clunky, particularly in the panel placement, and the color ...more
Shelby
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know what you’re thinking - “Shelby you’re cheating you Goodreads goal by choosing young reader graphic novels” WELL LET ME TELL YOU that is 100% true

But also: with grad school and 2 jobs it’s IMPOSSIBLE to find the time to read the books I actually want to - SO. Here we are. Young reader graphic novels. AND I HAVE TO SAY - THIS ONE WAS AWESOME. It was a great, easy, quick read, the story was fantastic, the art was fantastic, and I have a love of dragons that was only fueled by this. Maybe
Autumn
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought I didn't like graphic novels...but apparently if they're based on books I've already read that changes things. I loved being able to reread this story I love without the time commitment of reading the full novel. And I loved the art style!
Natalie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book got my annoying brother to love wings of fire as much as I do, and it’s art is amazing, and so is the concept. I would definitely recommend this book to people who prefer comic books/graphic novels!
Ken
Sep 07, 2018 added it
I think the book was really good. It was nice to see want it would look like if we were there. It was so good read the book multiple times.
Katelyn
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Stuck to the book
Ms. Yingling
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC received from publisher at ALA

The Warriors graphic novels really helped me to be able to tell the cats apart, but I still had trouble with the dragons. Will look for this in a prebind.
Emily Traasdahl
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought that the term Dragonets ment that the dragons were all girls so i was really confused until i found out that Dragonets just means youngish dragons. Which made me mad because I didn't find that out until the end of the book. Which knowing that would have helped me throughout the book. Otherwise tough the book was fantastic allthough i have not read the actual novel of the book i read the graphic novel first.
Elizabeth
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer- I hate fantasy and dragons, etc. so this was a stretch. Humorous in parts and kids will love it.
Chadd Williams
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this graphic novel so much, really hope they cover the rest of the series too!

I like that it follows the original story pretty closely, the art is perfect too. Would like to see more of these made in the future
Pocket (Pocket in Libraryland)
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
[I have yet to read the novels, so I am only basing this on what I thought of the graphic novel.]

Five Dragons who have been locked up in a cave since they hatched due to a prophecy decide to escape when they overhear their guardians plan to kill one of them. However, the five find themselves in even more danger once they enter the world outside and fly right into the hands of a vengeful queen.

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was fast paced and full of action. The character don't really
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Lost Stars (Warriors: The Broken Code, #1)
  • Into the Woods (Warriors Manga: Tigerstar & Sasha, #1)
  • Guts
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
  • Stormbound (The Guardian Herd, #2)
  • Hollyleaf's Story (Warriors Novellas, #1)
  • Starfire (The Guardian Herd, #1)
  • The Whispering Oak (The Last Firehawk #3)
  • Warriors: The Ultimate Guide
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Warriors: Secrets of the Clans
  • The Raging Storm (Warriors: A Vision of Shadows, #6)
  • Squirrelflight's Hope (Warriors Super Edition, #12)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)
  • The Crystal Caverns (The Last Firehawk #2)
  • Fallen Empires (Cleopatra in Space, #5)
  • Code of Honor (Bravelands, #2)
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tui—not as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion,

Wings of Fire Graphic Novel (3 books)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)
“Jump in the river' was Tsunami’s solution for everything. Bored? Aching bones? Dry scales? Brain overstuffed with the history of the war? 'Jump in the river!” 1 likes