Start by marking “Defiance (Heart Lines, #5)” as Want to Read:
Defiance (Heart Lines, #5)

Defiance (Heart Lines #5)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Everything is a lie.

Sam has spent the last six months sorting through plots against the people she cares for most. Learning who to trust—and who to kill. And just when she thought she had it all figured out, the good guys separated from the bad, her world is upended.

Ea’s vessel has been revealed.

The equinox is coming.

Sam knows it’s up to her to stop what’s coming—and
Published July 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Defiance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiance

Diane Lynch
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiance (Heart Lines Series Book 5) by Heather Hildenbrand DEFIANCE by Heather Hildenbrand is an exciting addition to the Heart Lines Series. Sam’s story continues where book 4, IMBALANCE left off.  Sam discovered who Ea’s vessel is.  She is fighting over control of Hina and needs to prepare for the equinox.  Meanwhile, we discover what Alex’s role is in these events.  This contemporary urban fantasy is suitable for new adults.

DEFIANCE is thrilling and full of twists.  Alex and Sam have numero
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a series can get dragged on too long…. The Heart Line Series should go on forever. This is book 5 in a series that must be read in order and each book is equally amazing. Heather Hildenbrand is phenomenal. The characters are fun, entertaining, and wonderful. I need to know what happens with Sam and Alex. I am invested in the characters and the storyline.

Defiance picks up exactly where the last book, Imbalance, left off. Sam and Alex have been attacked, are running away from EA, and Hi
Jemimah  Zafoune
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiance is the fifth book in the Heart Lines series by Heather Hildenbrand and it's another great read. It starts right off from where book four ended and we get swept straight back into the story like we've never been away. I'm loving this about the series, it's very easy to get caught up in the story and feel like you're there. Heather Hildenbrand is great at describing her characters and places that I can easily visualise it all and feel part of the characters lives.
Throughout this series so
Teri
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Somewhere along the line I thought how in the world will this author keep this going for 5 plus books and have the story be strong, well needless to say from the ranking she has succeeding in not only keeping it steady but stepping up her game. The story is solid, with the twist and turns the betrayals and the lies and half truths man this author has skillfully put it all together and it works. Dang it it works so well.

You can't put the book down because you will miss something forget the fact
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
Another great book from the amazing Heather Hildenbrand. This is one of those books that you will not want to set down once you start reading so prepare to be smitten with Alex and Sam once again.
I am so in love with this series! Ugh finally Alex and Sam are back together and yet they somehow get some alone time in. Ugh (heart fluttering). Then they have the go go go parts which is most of this book as there is not much time before the eq
Kelly Mccurdy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

Just when you think a series can't get any better, Heather decides to say challenge accepted! This series is getting better and better with every installment! I don't think I had any fingernails left after I was finished reading this book. Sam knows what she has to do, but there is something missing. Alex has secrets that he really doesn't know about. The continuation of this series is ramping up for something huge!!

I don't know who would be
Melanie Hawkins
Another Must Read

Another wonderful rollercoaster ride leaving you screaming the next book will be out when again? You want to read these books because you enjoy andventure and you want to see the bad guys lose and the good guys win. But who are the good ones and who are the bad. The whole ride threw this series it leaves you guessing.

But you continue to read because you love the guessing game. You want to see if you can figure it out. Is this person going to help us or stab us in the back? This
Nicole Holt
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahh!!! So much happening!!! Its unreal!!! Between Sam and Alex being on the run, meeting back up with Breck and the gang! Everything in between and after ohmylanta!!!! Craziness!!!!! I absolutely love this book and this whole series is mind blowing amazing, awesome sauce!!! I can't wait to read the next book!!! I need it like yesterday!!! OHMIGOD!!!! Heather you are absolutely brilliant!!! Thank you for letting me be apart of your team and to be able to experience this epicness of goodness!!!!

I
Raewynn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Goodness, this has been such an awesome series.

You never know who is good, who is bad or even who should be bad but are actually good!

I have loved the whole series and this just caps it off.

It keeps you on your toes AND guessing the whole way through. Just when you think you know what is next....Wrong, Terrific.

Heather Hildenbrand has done an amazing job here. I just can't imagine how hard it is to write a 5 book series AND still keep you guessing the whole way!

I can't wait to find out what
Heather De Los Reyes
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These suspense books kill me!!!

The end of the last book nearly did me in but oh man the suspense she put us through at the beginning of this one was so so good! As always the author's writing is amazing and so perfectly descriptive. She allows me to put faces and places to her words. I can get lost in her books and this series has been an adventure. Things are really heating up in this book, trying to figure out Ea and Sam losing her magic was an interesting twist. This book is exciting, and so
Amy Bright
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

Defiance is a 5 star for sure! I was originally given a copy of the book,by Ms Hildenbrand, for an honest review. I can honestly say this is my favorite out of the series,so far, and I hope that #6, the next one, won't be the last. I love this series, with Sam, Alex and even RJ. You have to have antagonists to your protagonists, to make up the stories. Please read this and see what I mean. ☺
Cynthia
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this one is even better then the last one. Now it is book 5 in the set! It will keep you on the edge of your pants .. and at time .. you will wish you where not wearing any as it gets hot in more then one way.

It is pumped full of action in both messy bloody battles and sexy devoted love! This author has tossed in all kinds of twists for you that will have you coming back for more each and every time!!!
Janet L. Hage
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Compelling urban fantasy

Sam is a witch with the moon goddess waiting within her to melt the two into one entity. Alex is a guardian who is in love with Sam. RJ is a witch that has accepted the sea god and is out to kill Sam. Being this is fifth in the series the author does an excellent job keeping you grounded in the series. Well-written with well-developed characterization. Adult readers due to sexual and violent content.
Wendy Thorpe
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my second favorite book in this series. Heather is a phenomenal writer and this book really shows her talent as a writer. She is weaving this series so well I can see many new books coming from the series. The characters are so exciting, frustrating and loveable.  The action and twists are wonderful. This is a 10 star read. I can't wait for the next book. Keep it up Heather, you just keep getting better and better.
P
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiance (ARC) by Heather Hildenbrand: ***** fast paced read that I couldn't put down!
This story is well written containing drama, suspense, magic, danger and passion. Much is resolved but I can't wait for the next book/series finale for the epic conclusion! Disclosure: I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC of this book.
J.A. Cintron
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review and it doesn't change my opinion in any form.
Welcome back to another episode of The Shady lines series... Where the dumbass aka Alex is redeeming himself-ish. Sam is becoming a kickass woman and Rj you little shit. This book has killed me and I need the next one now!!!! Also everyone is a shady person and I only trust Brittany aka my waifu.
Mollie  Smith
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes a little unclear on the magic but so engaging. I hate the cliffhanger endings in this series! Ready for the finale!
Melony Paradise
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intense!

This book was just so intense! So much happened that kept me on edge the whole time. That ending really threw me for a loop. Can't wait for the next book!!!
Amber
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting! I was really surprised at Indra. Her involvment changed the whole book and I was really surprised about her role. Character growth was perfect
Sabrina
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Amazing as Always! I love love love this series, Sam and Alex are to die for. I CAN'T WAIT FOR BOOK 6!
Kayla
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I just want to say thank you to Heather Hildenbrand for giving me an ARC of this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

HOLY COW!! I don't even know where to begin!! My head is still reeling! Any plan to put together a well-thought-out book review has been blown out of the water! Defiance is another wonderful and wild roller coaster ride in the Heart Lines series that will leave you screaming and breathless.
Jan Jeffries
Jan 31, 2018
Urban Fantasy Fanatic
Aug 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Heather Hildenbrand was born and raised in a small town in northern Virginia where she was homeschooled through high school. (She's only slightly socially awkward as a result.) She writes paranormal and contemporary romance with plenty of abs and angst. Her most frequent hobbies are riding motorcycles and avoiding killer slugs.

You can find out more about Heather and her books at heatherhildenbran
More about Heather Hildenbrand

Heart Lines (6 books)
  • Remembrance (Heart Lines #1)
  • Inheritance (Heart Lines Series #2)
  • Esperance (Heart Lines Series #3)
  • Imbalance (Heart Lines, #4)
  • Emergence: (New Adult Paranormal Romance) (Heart Lines Series Book 6)