Start by marking “Clash (Romance Revisited #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Clash (Romance Revisited #1.5)

Clash

(Romance Revisited #1.5)

Planning a party is easy, falling in love is hard.

No longer content to be a Los Angeles socialite, Elizabeth Elliot starts her own party planning business: Excessively Diverted, making dreams come true one party at a time. She even knows how to handle those unruly party guests, like Antonio Reyes, the man who drank too much, insulted the décor, and didn’t know the differen
ebook
Published June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Clash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clash

Sheila Majczan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a modern novella about Elizabeth Elliot. Name sound familiar? Spoiled...rich...Daddy's girl...and very opinionated and brash. She is all about who's who, who you know and where you live. In this story, a sequel to SWAY this Elizabeth continues to have a few characteristics which are turn-offs for some but she gets things done...especially when it comes to taking care of Daddy and her fairly new party planning business, Excessively Diverted.

So it is when she espies someone about to create
Paige
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clash was such an enjoyable novella to read. I loved it. Even though it was a novella, the story never felt rushed or incomplete. This was so delightfully smooth to read, the words flowed effortlessly.

This was written from the first person perspective if the main character, Elizabeth Elliott, and I got a great feeling for who she is. Her motto is Never Let Anyone Push You Around Or Tell You What To Do.

This could be read as a standalone, but will be especially fun for readers who read Sway, as
Christina
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, smart, and sensual. A clean romance that made my heart flutter as the story heated up and all the possibilities started to add up. Surprisingly likable characters despite first impressions or expectations. I will surely re-read this again. Easy to recommend. "Clash" is a must read this summer. Quick read.
Carole (in Canada)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance

This novella is a spin-off of 'Sway' (a modern take on Jane Austen's Persuasion), which I highly recommend as a read all on it's own. This novella is based on Elizabeth Elliot (a secondary character in Persuasion and in Sway). She is Ava's older, spoiled and flawed sister who has to make some changes in her life and her lifestyle. She needs to get a job...something she hadn't planned on doing. However, after successfully planning a party for Ava, she decides to open her own party planning busine
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Can You Be Persuaded To Like Elizabeth Elliot?

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Having read and utterly adored one series about Elizabeth Elliot, I was thrilled to see Melanie Stanford released a sequel novella to her clever modern adaptation of Persuasion, Sway that spotlights Elizabeth Elliot. (Side Note: Persuasion fans should definitely read Sway if they haven’t already – it is a wonderful adaptation of Jane Austen’s work that is fresh, creative, and filled with music!)

In this sequel, we meet up wit
Sophia
Do you ever have those characters that seem to have no redeeming qualities and you shake your head over their antics, but yet there's just something about them...? That is how I felt about the character of Elizabeth Elliot when I encountered her in the first book, Sway, that told her sister Ava's story in a heartwarming and passionate modern Persuasion retelling.

So it was with a bit of curiosity and anticipation that I picked up this follow-up novella that focused entirely on Elizabeth. Kudos to
Melanie Stanford
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well of course I've read this (like a bazillion times) and of course I'm giving it five stars. I mean, I'm just a teensy-bit biased. :D
Marivi Sanz
When Melanie Stanford wrote Sway, a modernization of Jane Austen's "Persuasion", I wouldn't have thought that she could be able to make me almost like Elizabeth (Anne's sister), but she did, and that alone earns her this 4 stars for Clash.
Susan
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this novella, Elizabeth Elliot has started her own party planning business called Excessively Diverted. She is employed to orhanise a birthday party for a 16 year girl called Vale, the daughter of Antonio. Sparks fly between him and Elizabeth from the beginning.
A fun and enjoyable modern variation of Persuasion.
Nathália
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i didn’t think i’d love elizabeth because of the first book, but she’s pretty great! my only complain is that this was waaaaay too short! :(
but i loved everyone and i loved seeing ava and eric again albeit briefly 💕
Suze JA
Ryn
Jan 06, 2018
Angela Auten
Mar 08, 2018
Melanie Stanford reads too much, plays music too loud, is sometimes dancing, and always daydreaming. She would also like her very own TARDIS, but only to travel to the past. She lives outside Calgary, Alberta, Canada with her husband, four kids, and ridiculous amounts of snow.

Romance Revisited (2 books)
  • Sway (Romance Revisited #1)
  • Collide (Romance Revisited #2)