Start by marking “Securing Kiera's Love (Second Chances #2)” as Want to Read:
Securing Kiera's Love (Second Chances #2)

Securing Kiera's Love

(Second Chances #2)

Can love be renewed after a thirty-year separation?

David Haggerty longed for many years for his lost love, Kiera. Now in his fifties he believes it will never happen. He’s been married and divorced and now finds solace in his security business.

Kiera loved David with all her heart, but life took over. She was the only one who could save her father’s life. But, to do tha
Published July 20th 2017 by Rolling Thunder Publishing (first published July 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Securing Kiera's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Securing Kiera's Love

Start your review of Securing Kiera's Love (Second Chances #2)
♡Tonya♡
**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

I don't normally read second chance stories where the hero/heroine are with others after they meet.   I don't care why they break up,  I don't want them with others-it just makes it more romantic for me if they are celibate.   However,  a 30 year separation was an exception to that rule for me.

30 years ago,  Kiera slipped out in the middle of the night with no explanation and married another man.   David was devastated, crushed and nev
Kristine
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2018
This is an enjoyable story of a second chance at romance. The characters are complex and interesting. I was intrigued to see how the author would bring the couple together after a 30 year separation.
KC Marie Pandell
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book, I really, really did, and for the most part, I enjoyed at least living in their world enough to finish it. David & Kiera are definitely a good fit, but maybe I'm too jaded and have felt like I was in Rita's shoes--I'm too realistic to not see how David poisoned things without Kiera.
I found some frustrating errors (like dropped words), and there was definitely some unnecessary repetition, both situational, and in terms of syntax.
I admit I had a hard time believing the
Susan W
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story, mature couple. Quick read.
Wulfwyn
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a short that took only about half hour or so to read. It is a beautiful story that held my attention. I cried a bit. I smiled some. It was like meeting someone and hearing their story over coffee. You don't know the person well but you find yourself invested in them. I don't want to spoil the story because it is so short, so it is about Keira and David. They had been together when they were young and 30 years later, fate brings them together again. ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“Securing Kiera’s Love” is not just another reunion story, although it begins that way.

Read full review in the 2017 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Yvonne Cruz
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and it certainly will not be the last.
This book centers around Kiera, and David . Thirty years ago, they were very much in love with plans of having a life together but overnight, Kiera disappears . This devastated David and even though he married afterwards to someone else, Kiera was the love of his life. Now he is divorced and Kiera is a widow dealing with PTSD.
Destiny brings them back together but not without a great deal of drama.
While the storyline was e
Cindy Reifel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
David and Kiera fell in love 30 years and, David was about to ask Kiera to marry him when she suddenly disappeared without a word. He's never gotten over it. In the meantime, Kiera was forced into a horrifically abusive marriage because of her father's theft of his employer's money. Kiera's husband and daughter were killed in an auto accident 5 years ago and, she is finally starting to live again, starting back with architecture and learning to tolerate being out in public and around men. Ironic ...more
Cynthia
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thirty years is a very long time to love someone that you had to let go over years ago. Life got in the way changing two peoples life, now love gives them a second chance. Sometimes we have to put family first in doing so one’s life takes a bad turn and one must live through hell before they can find their heaven. For Kiera this is true she had to live a lie and honor a marriage to help her father live and get him out of trouble. She might have left without a word but she never forgot her true l ...more
Kim
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
College sweet hearts .. friends .. lovers .. they thought they had it all .. TRUE LOVE !!

When a unexpected situation occurs there lives will change forever .. Kiera thinks that she is doing the right thing by leave it all behind .. David .. He wakes up one morning to find Kiera GONE .. his life and heart was SHATTERED !!

But when they are accidentally put together in each other's paths after 30 years .. can David forgive why Kiera left and is she willing to tell him the truth of the hell and tor
Kari Hansen
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
David and Kiera were in love and had their whole life in front of them and they wanted to spend it together until Kiera was gone with no explanation or warning.

David moved on with his life and is now divorced however he never really moved past the unanswered questions about Kiera. Kiera had no choice but to leave as she was the only one who could save her father and her life since that time has been full of unhappiness and regrets.

Thirty years later they meet again when she is hired by David’s b
Deb Diem
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Securing Kiera’s Love by PJ Fiala is a fabulous second chance contemporary romance. Ms. Fiala has given us a well-written book and loaded it with outstanding, lovable characters. Kiera is hiding from an abusive ex. David owns a security company and was hired to install security for Kiera’s condo. David and Kiera’s story is packed with drama, humor, sizzle, suspense and action. Securing Kiera’s Love grabbed me at page one and didn’t set me free until the last page. I enjoyed every page of this bo ...more
Terri Merkel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Securing Kieras Love
Welcome to Keira and David's story about second chance romance..Keira and David have a love that is special. They have plans of a future together. One night Keira leaves David's and disappears. 30 years past and on a chance encounter David and Keira come face to face again. Their love is still there along with a lot of anger.

Keira wants to explain to David, but is David to hurt to hear what Keira has to say? Can David forgive her for hurting him. Securing Kieras Love is such
Denise
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time in reading this author. I adore second chance so that is what drew me. Little did I know this author would also do lots to the emotional meter with drawing more than I expected from me with the characters Kiera and David. When she begins her journey you realize she is a survivor with lots of baggage she now must sort. She owns your heart quickly and wraps around you as she tells the why's. David is very emotional compared to some I read with him being more open about his g ...more
Gladys
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Securing Kiera's Love by PJ Fiala is a wonderful surprise. This is the first book I have had the pleasure of reading by this author and I was very impressed. Well written and featuring complex characters in a raw and realistic storyline. This book will grab your attention, not let go and make your heart ache with sympathy for these characters. This is an emotionally engaging second chance romance. Which to me is somewhat unique because this couple has been separated for 30 years. Full of drama, ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Securing Kiera's Love by P.J.Fiala makes you work for this second chance at love story. These lover's David and Kiera have been apart for 30 years and are in their 50's. I loved this book. The main characters so deserve to be together. Kiera has beem lied to by everyone in her life except David. She accepted all of the lies and out of fear walked away from her love without telling him why. When they meet again her sorrow and his anger are major roadblocks to their relationship. They have so much ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
I'm probably going to be the minority with this book, but I honestly have to say while reading this book I got annoyed and aggravated.

While I can understand the situations that David and Kiera went through to get to where they are, I go so annoyed at having to read on every page how the characters were "tearing up" or "choking back a sob".
Unlike the first book in this story where it had a bit more "mystery" surrounding the couple, and while I did feel like the first book dragged, I felt this bo
K B
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the full length novel Second Chances Series Book 2: Securing Kiera’s Love by PJ Fiala and this review was given freely.
A steamy but twisted story of lies, cheating, torture and revenge that spans decades but ends happily. Torn apart by tragedy, college sweethearts Kiera and David reunite close to thirty years later when Kiera is hired by Gray and Sam Kinkaide's architecture firm. Coincidence, PTSD, and a love are featured in this poignant romance with a happy ending.
Cheryl
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Kiera by PJ Fiala

David Haggerty has his own security company. When he gets a call from a friend to install a security system at the home of Kiera, he never imagined it'd be his long lost college sweetheart.
The author does an excellent job of handling the range of emotions of pain, anger, love, loss & joy. I would definitely recommend this if you've ever thought forgiveness wasn't possible...true love prevails!!
Nancy Bodie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a excellent second chance love story! I really enjoyed reading characters that were middle aged, and getting their chance for their own HEA! The storyline was interesting with quite a few unexpected twists and turns. The secondary characters also added quite a bit to the storyline! I quickly one clicked the first book in the series. This is the type of author that will keep me coming back for more. Very talented storyteller.
Nicole Ortiz
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful story in the second chance series. I enjoyed reading David and Kiera's story. Once I started reading this I couldn't put it down. This book was full of heartache, drama and love. This was an emotional story to hear what Kiera had gone through for 30 years from her separation from David. Then the struggle for them to try to get back what they had.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Jill
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiera and David made mistakes when they were young and basically went their separate ways. Now they are in their 50s and they are both single. Can they make it work this time? Or is it too late for them? They've matured and lived their own lives for 30 years, it may not be easy but is it worth it???

Such a page turner and I definitely needed some tissues!!! Loved it.
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This story was just "meh" for me. It was a free one and quite short. The set up was predictable as was the ending. A bit unforgettable but it gave me a taste of the author's writing style. It's easy to read and straight to the point. No mystery. ...more
Misty
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic job in showing the rekindling of David and Kiera's love. So much happened to the two odd them in their 30 yrs apart to end up back together and over come all their issues was amazing. Great story. I loved it. ...more
SouthernAngel
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can a second chance survive a lifetime of tragedy and separation? This slow burn read will set your emotions on a roller-coaster with fear, abuse, PTSD, sadness, joy and undying love.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Diane
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good storyline

Continues after Sam and grays story with David and Kiera. I love these books about older couples and second chances. Everyone no matter their age deserves to be loved and yes to enjoy sex. Thoroughly recommend for the older reader.
Kerry Harteker
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book

PJ did it again. David and Kiera have had rough pasts. Things didn't work out for them the best. But on a visit to a new security client David lays eyes on Kiera for the first time in 30 years. So much has happened between them can they get past it???
Harriet Lockshine
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Good story with a satisfying ending. Good characters and a great love story. I was surprised with the conclusion. Would read the next book in the series.
Amy
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loving the older 2nd chance love stories! Will 30 years make a difference? You will definitely have to read the book to find out. I will definitely be reading more from this author!
Debra Johnson
I didn't like it at all. The story is weird. The writing is stilted. No connection to the characters.
I didn't catch any editing errors.

• Redwood (Linear Tactical #11)
  • Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Jonny's Redemption (Gemini Group #7)
  • Rory (Hope City, #7)
  • John (Guardian Defenders #3)
  • Tackle (K19 Security Solutions #9)
  • SEAL Justice (Brotherhood Protectors, #13)
  • Jacob (Kings of Guardian #1)
  • Joseph (Kings of Guardian #2)
  • Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • Cowboys of Crested Butte Boxed Set Volume 1
  • Silenced By Sin (Heaven's Guardians MC, #2)
  • Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Just For Her (Cerasino Family Novella, #3)
  • Owen (Blue Team, #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Fighting For Carly (Tarpley VFD #2; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
I was born in a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri named Bridgeton. During my time in Missouri, I explored the Ozarks, swam in the Mississippi River, played kickball and endless games of hide and seek with the neighborhood kids. Spending summers in Kentucky with my Grandmother, Ruth, are the fondest childhood memories for me.

At the age of thirteen, my family moved to Wisconsin to learn to farm. Yes, l

Second Chances (2 books)
  • Designing Samantha's Love (Second Chances, #1)