Start by marking “Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)

Taming Him

(Bishop Brothers #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  1,405 Ratings  ·  374 Reviews
Taming Him is a full-length 100k+ words standalone novel that's filled with laughter, sweet heart-warming moments, and plenty of steam! Let Kennedy Fox take you to the South for an adventure that'll surely leave your Kindles on fire!

Alex Bishop is your typical cowboy.
Charming, sexy, and wears a panty-melting smirk.

Working on the ranch helped build his solid eight-pack a
Published January 30th 2018 by Kennedy Fox Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Taming Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Him

Kennedy Fox
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: kennedyfoxbooks
★AMAZON US ——> http://amzn.to/2ClnMOV
★AMAZON INT——> myBook.to/Taming-Him

photo TH-teaser2_zpsrczgrq5z.jpg

photo TH-teaser4_zpszcal5xww.jpg

photo TH-teaser3_zpsp4kczxok.jpg
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Alex is one of the four Bishop siblings. He's the first one to get his own book. We already heard his sister's story in the 2nd #CheckmateDuet.

Alex is happy with his life. He's working very hard at his parents ranch - he and his brothers will one day take over.

And in his private life .... he only does one night with a girl. But he's always very kind about it - telling them that he's not ready for something serious.

River is a pediatric nurse in Wisconsin and she just broke up with her boyfriend -
bookbruin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Are you ready to meet the Bishop brothers!?

description

We first heard about these hilarious and swoony brothers in Checkmate: This is Reckless and This is Effortless, but now the brothers are front and center in their own spin off series! Taming Him is the first book in this new standalone series and features the wildest Bishop brother, Alex.

I will admit that I was a little worried about whether I would like Alex or not since the manwhore hero is my least favorite. I was so very wrong though and found myse
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
4.5 COWBOY STARS!

Filled with sweet and sexy southern charm, Taming Him is a swoon worthy cowboy romance that will leave you wanting to visit Texas. Yee-Haw!!

Each book in this new series by the talented and sassy ladies, known as Kennedy Fox are spin off standalones. They follow the Bishop Brothers, book one centering around the youngest, Alex.

Alex Bishop is what I call a 'smooth operator'. He'll charm your panties off with his sexy smirk and his impeccable manners. A hard working rancher who c
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5+ southern stars

Cowboy romances isn't something I usually read or even appeals much to me but when this series was first announced, I knew I had to read them because 1- it's written by these two ladies and I haven't read anything by them that I haven't LOVED and 2- these are Courtney's brothers we're talking about here, so of course I was going to read this if it meant I could get a glimpse of my babies again, which I did and ahhhhh I miss them!

Anyway, yeah I guess you could say I'm not
RentasticReads
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wild, charming Southern gentleman who’s in need of some taming, but with a huge heart and so much love to give.

A nurturing, passionate woman who’s in need of love and a break from getting cheated and left behind.

An electrifying, earth-shattering chemistry between two strangers and an unforgettable, life-changing getaway in paradise.

Taming Him introduces us to the sexy cowboy brothers of Courtney Bishop who we met in Checkmate Duet #2 ( This is Reckless & This is Effortless ), but it foc
Hanna's Book Obsession
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest review}
        Alex and River have stolen my heart! This book is so amazing!!! It is my favorite Kennedy Fox Book!  You guys this book is so freaking wonderful!!!  Oh my gosh I love it so much!!! This is split in two parts and I usually will have a favorite part in books like these but I don’t have a favorite part I love both parts so freaking much!! Alex and River are so special. They are such an amazing couple!! You can feel the intensity a
Jessica
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I heard about this series coming out, I was so freaking excited to get my hands on it. I mean, you can't go wrong with some yummy cowboys!

Alex Bishop lives and breathes the ranch life. He's a real-life cowboy, boots, hat and all. When he has the chance to take a two week trip to a luxurious beach with his best friend, those two cowboys are ready to hit up the sun and sand. The last thing Alex expects to find there is an amazing woman he can't stop thinking about. River Lancaster has dedica
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2018-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~Sonal
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Alex Bishop works at his family ranch and parties it up in the small town with his brothers and best friend. He's known for being a love 'em and leave 'em type of guy, so he jumps at the opportunity to have a fun-filled weekend in Key West. Plenty of alcohol and even more women to choose from, at least that's his plan. Then he meets River and all his usual intentions of being just a one-night kind of guy go out the window.

River is a pediatric nurse
Shayna
“Why are you so perfect?”
“Trust me, I’m not. But you make me want to be.”

Get ready for some sweet and sexy southern charm coming your way! TAMING HIM by the ladies of Kennedy Fox is book one in their brand spankin’ new Bishop Brothers Series! Reading this book felt like I was being wined and dined by the best of em’. Alex Bishop is one SWOONY COWBOY you will NEVER forget! And River Lancaster is a heroine that you can easily bond with and relate to. Alex and River together? Pure romantic chemis
Alaina Meserole
I loved everything about River and Alex in this book! They were such a cute couple with basically no drama. Okay, there was a tiny bit.. but seriously.. they were adorable people.

Taming Him was a pretty addictive book. I obviously wanted River to have a happy ending.. especially after that dramatic punch to the guy Kennedy called a prologue. Hot damn. Hitting me with a death so early on. What if I wanted to like that damn character? WHAT IF KENNEDY?

River was a really likable character. She didn
Imani (Enamored Reads)
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5++ Save a horse, DEFINITELY ride a Bishop Stars!

Ok look. First off, I may live in Texas, but I DON’T DO Cowboys. And the fact that I rated this book more than 5 stars 100% means Kennedy Fox shut me up REAL QUICK when it comes to my aversion to anything cowboy related. I SERIOUSLY FLOVEDDDD Taming Him and everything Alex Bishop. That man y’all. I can’t. If you look up the word “SWOON” in the dictionary, you’ll see a picture of him wearing a cowboy hat and that sexy as sin smirk that never leaves
Erin
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For more of my reviews, visit my blog As the Book Ends or follow me on Bookstagram!

Taming Him

Howdy book worms! Who loves a super sexy southern man? Manners, a southern drawl, tight jeans and a cowboy hat get me every time! Why do y’all think I really live in Texas? It sure as hell isn’t for the weather folks. Have you ever forgotten to eat while reading a book? I’m not even kidding, I started Taming Him when I got home from class yesterday and finished at 8:30pm without even realizing that I hadn’t eaten
bookmarkbelles
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars.

I love KF's writing and after reading Courtney's book, I had a feeling that the Bishop Boys would be my ruin.

I love a good cowboy romance and I was anxiously waiting for this series to be written. Sooo of course I had high expectations going into Taming Him. I tell myself time and time again to never do that, but I've never been good at listening to reason *Smacks head*

The story started off strong with an emotional chapter that left me choked up and on the verge of tears.
After that
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Dirty Cowboy CROWNS

Well, well, well, the first Bishop brother certainly lived up to the expectations I had for him. I swear he could charm the pants off of anyone with that southern accent. Every single time he said darlin' or sweetheart or hit River with the perfect line, I just wanted to crawl inside the screen and cuddle up to him.

Alex Bishop is the perfect blend of southern gentleman and dirty cowboy. He is guaranteed to have readers swooning with this conf
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kindle
5+ Stars!!

Alex and River are everything!

I could not put this book down! Whenever I pick up a book by this amazing duo, I always tell myself to take it slow and savor every word. I will admit, I failed at the taking it slow part but I enjoyed the heck out of it! I might have read this story quickly but I promise I savored every single part of this amazing story!

I was smiling like a fool while reading this story and that smile hasn’t left my face since I read the last sentence. Part 1 had me wish
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
**3.5 to 4 STARS!

Umm...yes.

I have to say I'm always somewhat anxious to start a Kennedy Fox book because insta-love is there without a doubt! It's not my favorite, but TAMING HIM...well, let's just say it's the exception.
Everything was really well paced, I couldn't have seen the romance go any other way! I'm seriously floored here guys, because not only was this story so much fun (the usual with KF), but I actually really enjoyed it! I laughed, I swooned, I giggled like a little girl dammit!

Also
Courtney
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taming Him is a great start to Kennedy's newest series, Bishop Brothers. If you know me, you know I really do not care for the southern or cowboy vibe when it comes to my reading. I don't get all flustered with their looks or charm - it's a waste on me. However, I love how Brooke and Lyra (the duo of Kennedy Fox) made this a better read for me.

Alex Bishop is a damn sweet and charming cowboy. He is the youngest of the Bishop boys - and they are pretty damn likeable. He comes across as a playboy -
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Our hero is a womanizer and our heroine just ended a relationship where the guy was married.
The two are on vacation and connect not only with sex but with more depth.
As they separate, they keep thinking about each other.
Each one away from the other but not able to move on. The two celibates after meeting.
He just thinks and dreams about our heroine and talks about her to his family. His family is already fed up with him. And the best friend wants him to move on. When he decides to let her go, she
Terri Handschumacher
I'm not one that is big on the Cowboy Romance, but after reading this I will definitely be reading more from this series.
Alex was perfect. In fact I want myself an Alex in my life. His mama raised him right. And his brothers are looking to be great characters for future books in this series.
River is a character that has her insecurities when it comes to life and love. And you find yourself pulling for her to see that what she has been missing is a southern gentleman.
The chemistry between Alex
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description

What happens on Vacation stays on vacation...or does it?!

Taming Him is the first book in the brand-new Bishop Brothers series by Kennedy Fox. This book is based on Alex Bishop who is also the youngest Bishop Brother.

Alex Bishop is a double threat...southern gentleman by day and dirty talking feisty cowboy by night! My favorite type of cowboy. He treats the ladies with the respect and kindness his mama instilled in him before he gives them the boot.

Alex Bishop is about to embark on a new path i
Suey_Library
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Readers Copy for an honest review.

Ahem! AHEM COMRADES! I know it is difficult but lets drag our eyes away from this deliciously lickable cover and read my blurb. Seriously I know if I could just say this was damn good read then send you on your way to continue adulting I would but that would mean I cannot gush about this new series with you? And that is just not good.

First off, a little backstory for those curious, The Bishop Brothers series is a spin off of the Checkmate
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Kennedy Fox is one of those authors — or duos, I suppose — who has been on my TBR for ages. I keep seeing her cowboy series everywhere and, each time a new book is released I think "I really should read one of her books!" Well, I finally decided to do just that. I thought Taming Him was quick and sexy, an easy read.

If I gave half stars, Taming Him would definitely get a 3.5 star rating from me. But, I don't deal in half stars and I couldn't quite
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I loved all the duets in the Checkmate duets series, so diving in to the Bishop Brother series was a no brainer.

This is a kinda spinoff from the Checkmate Duets - but derpy me, I got right to the end before I got the connection to Courtney (from the Courtney + Drew duet). Total facepalm moment when I got it lol

Alex and River's story is sweet and sexy and steamy. Right from the get go the reader knows it is never going to be just a one night stand, and the whoops
Chele'
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can definitely admit when I'm wrong and in this case I'm more than happy to do so! I was really nervous about reading Taming Him because I'm from Los Angeles....a city girl through and through so I didn't think it would appeal to me. I. WAS. SO. WRONG! It wasn't at all what I had in mind. First.....OMG, Kennedy Fox really knows how to create a swoon worthy guy and Alex was NO exception. That southern charm, those polite manners.....that dirty mouth! **YES PLEASE*** I was done for by the third, ...more
Lisa
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, e-arc
I just knew I was going to love Alex. I have a weak spot when it comes to southern gentleman, and Alex (along with his brothers) was no exception. I’m so excited that the lovely Kennedy Fox writing duo decided to give the Bishop Brothers their own books.

I loved Alex from the beginning. Though he was a total player type, I knew he had a warm fuzzy side and I was super excited to see it come out. Though I’m not normally a bad boys fan, this “bad boy” was just too sweet to hate on. I adored River a
Innergoddess_Booklover
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
*ARC provided by the lovey authors*

Ok I loved Taming Him and it was anazeballs . Ugh Alex was just swoon 😍😍. Well all the Bishop brothers were. You’ll fall for those hot cowboys in tight jeans . Seriously this a 100 percent must read. My expectations for this book was met and I wish it didnt end but I cant wait for the series to continue.
Katy Birch
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
River and Alex.

Boy, if you love a bit of Southerm Charm and sexy as sin Cowboys, you will adore this. Alex is one of those men you would love to sweep you off your feet and River os one of those ladies you want to be.

I think after reading this, i want to head to the the Keys and find my own Cowboy 😂. This book is really sweet and i enjoyed it, especially the bit of spice chucked in. Good read!
Raine
So boring!!!

The beginning part was the most interesting and it was wasn't all that great. And from there it just went downhill. This is the second book in a row that has not held my interest and was boring as all heck!
Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You’ve Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren’t bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that’ll make your lady bits tingle and your ...more

Bishop Brothers (4 books)
  • Needing Him (Bishop Brothers, #2)
  • Chasing Him (Bishop Brothers Book 3)
  • Keeping Him (Bishop Brothers, #4)