Start by marking “Lighthouse Beach” as Want to Read:
Lighthouse Beach

Lighthouse Beach

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shelley Noble comes a heartrending and uplifting novel about friendship, love, and what we’re willing to sacrifice for our dreams.

What was supposed to be an idyllic wedding leads to an unexpected journey of self-discovery…

When Lillo Gray pulls up to Kennebunkport’s most exclusive hotel wearing a borrowed dress and drivi
Published May 29th 2018 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Lighthouse Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lighthouse Beach

Jessica
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review as part of a TLC Book Tour.

This was a great beach read about 4 women who flee from a wedding and head to Lighthouse Beach. There’s a little bit of everything: romance, friendship, self-discovery, and secret pasts.

The best part of the book was the setting of Lighthouse Beach and the role that it played in their lives. Lighthouse beach felt like a character and that gave the book that special something. You could feel the power of Lig
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Lillo Gray never thought that instead of attending the wedding of an old friend, she is instead driving the bride, and two of the bride's friends home to Lighthouse Beach, in a borrowed VW van. Then again, discovering the husband-to-be in a delicate situation is a very good reason for anyone getting cold feet. And, Jessica Parker, the runaway bride, wasn't even sure about the marriage in the first place... although her parents think that she is overreacting and she should still marry the bastard ...more
Carlene Inspired
For this review and others visit Carlene Inspired.

We've all heard of the runaway bride, but this time she's accompanied by her three best friends and the loneliness they all find they have in common. Lillo, Jess, Diana and Allie take off on an impromptu road trip to Lighthouse Beach, where fond memories still live for Jess, but haunt Lillo as she tries to escape her own losses. What's meant to be a beach escape to help Jess turns into an escape that changes each of the women.

Lighthouse Beach, by
LORI CASWELL
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Lillo Gray arrives at the fancy wedding of a childhood friend Jess in a borrowed old VW van and a dress she borrowed from another friend. She knows she shouldn’t have come, she is never going to fit in with these people. She is totally surprised when the bride welcomes her with open arms and drags her off to meet 2 more friends avoiding the festivities planned by her parents.

When they meet Allie and Diana for a few drinks Lillo learns that Jess really doesn’t want to get marri
Sheyla ✎

The Lighthouse Beach reunites Lillo Gray and her friend Jessica Parker after years apart. Jess has invited Lillo to her wedding. Lillo and Jess met when they were teenagers. Jess was sent to fat camp by her horrible parents despite not being fat. Now, the same parents are forcing her to marry a not-so-nice guy. Between Lillo and Jessica's two college friends, Diana and Allie, they'll steal the bride away and drive towards Lillo's town, Lighthouse Island.

Once they get there, we start learning ab
Chris Conley
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four women trying to reclaim their lives... Lilli, Jess, Diana and Allie each have major hurdles to leap. This book makes them and the folks of Lighthouse Beach come to life. I hope there is a sequel. I want to know what happens next.
Kate Olson
Thanks to TLC Book Tours and the publisher for this free review copy!

A canceled wedding + an impromptu road trip + a seaside town + a group of 4 women just trying to figure life out ~ this is a recipe for a light, enjoyable read for fans of women's fiction and romance stories. The setting is delightful and I loved the descriptions of the town and the various characters who live there.

I gave this a 3 star rating simply because of the wording used to describe various things regarding eating disor
Chanel Cleeton
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
A heartfelt and witty celebration of friendship and love, Shelley Noble takes readers on an unforgettable journey as she provides the ultimate beach escape. Lighthouse Beach is the perfect read for summer!
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been wanting to read this book since it came out!  In 2018 I started reading a bit more Women's Fiction, which has been a genre I neglect, and found I really enjoyed the stories.  I love seeing a character's journey and growth and how they often center around friendships or family.

LIGHTHOUSE BEACH is all about friendships.  It's told in multiple POV but I would there's one main protagonist of this story which is Lillo Gray.  Her family used to run a "fat camp" when she was a kid and she ma
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Friendship and fun. Lighthouse Beach is easy to put down and pick up again with a sweetness that makes this a perfect book for summer.

KT Book Reviews
Book Babblers
Instagram

Suze Lavender
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Jess asks Lillo to come to her wedding Lillo is surprised, because they haven’t spoken in years. The wedding is at a fancy hotel with many guests, but the bride doesn’t seem to be happy. After a terrible incident Lillo and Jess’s friends Allie and Diana decide it’s time to get out of there and save Jess from a future with a man who doesn’t love her and will never make her happy. They take Lillo’s borrowed bartered car and drive to Lighthouse Island. Jess and her friends want to stay with Li ...more
Jessica
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
Thanks to William Morrow and TLC Book Tours for the free copy in exchange for my honest review.

This was my second outing with Shelley Noble, and while this isn't my typical genre, these are the perfect books to have in between all of the psychological thrillers and horror novels. LIGHTHOUSE BEACH is perfect for those looking for a beach read this summer and to have something lighter thrown into their TBR.

Shelley Noble does a great job setting the scene and really pulling the reader into the boo
Zili
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

I received a copy from the publisher (via NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review!

What I say: Lighthouse Beach is many things. It's sweet, inspirational, happy, sad and fun all at once.

Focusing on love and friendship, it tells the story or stories of Jess, Lillo, Allie and Diana, oh and of course a wedding (ish)! We see numerous secrets uncovered along the way, a certain revelation threw me for a loop, whilst others made me smile (not sure what that says about me).

I kept asking myself what
Gaele
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jess’ wedding is her chance to catch up with friends, celebrate and enjoy her next chapter at the exclusive Kennebunkport hotel. Bringing in her friends Diana and Allie, and reconnecting with a friend from her fat-camp stay, Lillo, gives Jess a reason to forget her doubts and move on. Yet, nothing is as simple as all that – Lillo is wondering why, after all these years, she and Jess would have anything in common, particularly when she knows that she couldn’t possibly ‘keep up’ to the affluence d ...more
Ruthie Taylor
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a really, really good read. It is a nice chunky length and leaves you satisfied but also wanting more, in the way that you can make some happy assumptions, but still hanker for certainty - I would definitely read a follow up if one were offered!

We meet a wide cast of characters, but concentrate mainly on an unlikely quartet of women. They have all come together for a wedding that doesn't happen, and over the cou
Nancy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Good summer read
Catherine Mack
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. I always enjoy books where the characters go through some sort of self discovery and this book has plenty of that! The characters are well developed with lots of background history making them who they are in the story. This book could easily have a part two. Would love to know what happens next! Certainly a great book to take to the beach this summer.
Theresa
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Won this book through Goodreads Giveaway. 3 women attend the wedding of a mutual friend and runaway with the bride before the nuptials. All 4 women have a story and on Lighthouse Island they help each other face whatever is holding them back.
Patty
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This just went in too many directions. There were too many weird random unfinished stories, and it didn't feel realistic at ALL. Will likely not give this author another try.
Liz
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a fast read filled with characters I liked. A little pat , but that is what one expects in this type of read. I found it to be enjoyable, well written and mostly would enjoy seeing what happens to all the characters next. I also would be interested in the back stories of some of the characters, what led them to the person they are now.
Cara Ross
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When 3 women attend the wedding of a friend, little did they know that within 24 hours, everything would have changed! But that is exactly what happened to Lillo, Jess, Allie, and Diana.

I have to say, that when I started out reading Lighthouse Beach, I thought it was going to be a funny, light-hearted book, but it is more than that! It's inspiring, funny, heartbreaking, confidence building story about new and old friendships, hidden pasts, secret, passion, and community, and that is truly what i
Ann
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story of 5 women finding their way. Lillo is heading to Jess's wedding. She hasn't seen Jess since they were together in fat camp during their teens. Jess is marrying the man her family has hand picked for her. Diana and Allie are college friends of Jess and are sure Jess is making a mistake. When Jess and her friends catch the groom to be in a car with a waitress they hightail it away to Lighthouse Beach and Lillo's small cottage. The girls come under the wing of Mac, the w ...more
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

I found the beginning of the narrative a little slow as it struggled to hold my by attention as I began my first Shelley Noble novel. However, by the time I reached Chapter Three, Lighthouse Beach had more than piqued my curiosity. Especially as the bride of the society wedding along with Lillo and two other friends make a dash from their hotel to escape the wedding!

Lillo Grey was surprised when she received an invitation to the wedding of a friend she'd not seen in years. Yet, she some
Melissa
Shelley Noble has, over the years, become one of my favorite writers of “beach books,” as most of her novels are set in coastal locations. (I grew up on the Jersey shore, and it’s still the home of my heart, so even when a story takes place in Maine, as Lighthouse Beach does, I feel like I’m visiting the beaches of my childhood.)

In this book, she combines two of my favorite things: beach settings, and women supporting other women, which may be the ultimate combination of storytelling. Each of th
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
When an invitation lands in her mailbox for her long lost friends wedding Lillo Gray wasn't quite sure what to think of it, they haven't spoken since they were teens and to hear from her like this out of blue is quite peculiar. They met at fat camp when they were fourteen, and made an instant connection, bonded over things and became inseparable for the duration of the summer. But then time passed and they moved on with their lives, and drifted far apart.

Jess is dressed and ready to walk down th
Michelle
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beach-books
One week together in Lighthouse Beach has a major impact on the lives of Lillo, Jess, Diana and Allie.
When Jess catches her fiancée with another woman, she and her friends flee the wedding weekend.
Jess decides they should go to Lighthouse Beach where she and Lillo met as kids. They hadn’t seen each other in a decade but Jess knew she needed Lillo’s strength to leave her fiancée. Because it turns out Jess never wanted to marry him. The cheating was the final straw but she’s almost relieved that s
Rachel Kamery / Never Enough Novels
I received this book from TLC Book Tours in exchange for a review! When Lillo receives an invite to the wedding of her childhood friend, Jess, she isn’t quite sure what to expect. They haven’t spoken in years, but she discovers Jess needs her support to find the strength to leave her controlling family and cheating fiancé. On the eve of her wedding, Jess escapes with Lillo and two friends in tow. They retreat to Lillo’s small hometown, Lighthouse Beach. Over the next week, each of the women are ...more
Melinda
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-win, own
This was a goodreads giveaway win!

And again I'm going to complain about the rating system! I really wish we could give half stars!!! Because this book was better than 3 stars but I reserve 4 stars for books I'd read again and 5 for fantastic books. And though it was good, I honestly wouldn't read it again!

Lillo and Jess haven't spoken in years when Lillo receives an unexpected invitation to Jess's wedding. She pulls up to the swanky event in an old VW van, a borrowed dress and second thoughts a
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow - loooooooved this story! This was my second book by this author - the first one was just OK for me - I loved this one soooo much better. I loved this book right from the start, had no trouble getting into it at all. I was hooked after only a few pages.
You know how sometimes you read a book and you feel like "This book was written just for me ;-)" Well this was one of those books! I loved everything about it. In the dictionary under "Wendy's perfect book" it would say - See Lighthouse Beach.
Kathy
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lighthouse Beach by Shelley Noble is a beautiful novel of friendship and healing.

Although Lillo Gray has not heard from her childhood friend Jess Parker for several years, she reluctantly decides to attend Jess's upcoming wedding. Barely recognizing her formerly overweight friend, Lillo senses all is not right with the bride-to-be. Her instincts prove to be correct when she, Jess, Jess's friends Allie Lusano and Diane Walters catch Jess's fiancé in flagrante delicto in the parking lot of the hot
  • A Mother Like Mine (Hartley-by-the-Sea, #3)
  • The Daddy Diaries
  • You Were Meant for Me
  • In Dog We Trust (Black Dog Bay #5)
  • Summer Dance
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Best Beach Ever (Ten Beach Road, #6)
  • Beach Blues
  • Single-Minded
  • The Lemonade Year
  • Sailing Lessons
  • For Ann
  • Spiced Apple Winter (Fairfield Orchard, #2)
  • A Gorgeous Mess (The Bent Zealots MC, #2)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • Making Over Maris (Wired #3)
  • Blue Stars
  • A Sinner in Paradise
Shelley Noble is a multi published fiction author whose books have been translated into seven languages. She writes women’s fiction as Shelley Noble and is also the author of several amateur sleuth mystery series, written as Shelley Freydont.

A former professional dancer and choreographer, she most recently worked on the films, Mona Lisa Smile and The Game Plan. She also consults on various dance a