Start by marking “Invisible Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Invisible Ghosts

Invisible Ghosts

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  783 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Rose Asher believes in ghosts. She should, since she has one for a best friend: Logan, her annoying, Netflix-addicted brother, who is forever stuck at fifteen. But Rose is growing up, and when an old friend moves back to Laguna Canyon and appears in her drama class, things get complicated.

Jamie Aldridge is charming, confident, and a painful reminder of the life Rose has be
Published June 5th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

jessica
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
robyn schneider is my go-to author during the summer - i absolutely adore her books. so i went into this thinking i had found a perfect, light contemporary read. what i was not expecting to find was a story so full of tender emotion.

rose was devastated when an unexpected accident results in the loss of her brother, logan, but has found a second chance when he returns as a ghost only she can see. so she doesnt even consider it a sacrifice to give up everything so she can spend all of her time wi
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“This isn’t a ghost story,” I told him. “It’s a love story with a ghost in it.”

Robyn Schneider, what the hell are you trying to do to me?????

Wait, what? What is it? I’m simply feeling happy? Whew! What a relief. I thought I was a goner for sure with my mouth doing this weird turny-uppy thing.

This is my third Robyn Schneider book and all three have been 4 Star winners. This chick knows how to YA romance me fo sho. Each of her books
Masooma
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
My expectations from this book were rocket high! It came from Robyn S and her previous book is among the best-est books that I've read. So, it's not my fault if I was excited for this one.

Except, I didn't like it much. The central character is uselessly whiny and the entire book is about her boyfriend:

-Jamie is this ...
-Jamie bought me a this ...
-Jamie has a headache and I ...
-Jamie sacrificed this and that ...

No! Just stop! I expected to see more sibling attachment and some strong bonds. Schn
Julia Sapphire
I received an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 ish stars

This book was a really interesting one. A ghost story meets a love story? Sounds odd but was a really compelling story. This book follows our main character Rose who believes in ghost, for one specific reason. Her brother, Logan, died a few years ago but is till alive to Rose. He is stuck at fifteen years old and is still able to interact with his sister. Things become more complicated when Roses
Kayla
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a haunting book.. see what I did there?
I was really moved with the relationships and romance and just everything in this book!
joanna ☽ the little brown fairy
"But then I'd learned that running away is the easy part: it's finding your way back that's almost impossible."

Invisible Ghosts was a short, sweet book that touched my heart and wouldn't let me put the story down. It's a perfect light summer read, with adorable romance and just enough of the supernatural to keep me hooked the entire time.

It's the story of a girl whose brother was killed years ago -- except he stayed behind as a ghost and waits for her every afternoon at their house, ready to
Vicky Who Reads
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drcs
4 stars

When I first found out that we were getting another Robyn Schneider book, I was SO EXCITED. I've read both of her earlier books and really enjoyed them.

Despite this, I eventually came of my high and was a tad wary because as much as I loved her first two books, they were extraordinarily similar in plot structure and ending, just with slightly different characters & settings, and I hoped Invisible Ghosts, with its different cover style, would be a little different.

And I was so lucky to
alice (arctic books)
INVISIBLE GHOSTS is a melancholy love story that deals with grief, loss, and first romances. This novel follows Rose, whose older brother Logan died a few years prior. When her childhood friend Jamie returns to their town and they start to rebond, they grapple with the relationship they have with Logan, who occasionally comes back as a ghost.

This standalone covers a few themes which I enjoyed, such as first love and grief. Jamie and Rose develop a relationship throughout the novel, which I thoug
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

*Disclaimer* An ARC of Invisible Ghosts by Robyn Schneider was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my review in any way.

What I Liked

The unexpected paranormal. I don't know how I missed the fact that this book had a paranormal twist to it. I just assumed by the synopsis that Rose could see the ghost of her brother because that was the only way she knew how to cope with his death, but nope...she could actually see his ghost. This kind of threw m
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Invisible Ghosts is a standalone YA contemporary romance with a twist.

This was my first book by this author. I had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. I could not put this book down.

The story takes place in Southern California. The narrator is 16 year old Rose (1st person POV). Her brother died. Her best friend moved away. She was hiding and not really living at all.

I have always enjoyed books with psychic elements or ghosts. So I was very curious to see how this would work i
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was suprisingly good. I say suprisingly because I was a little concerned with the concept of a ghost brother. I thought maybe it would be Rose's way of dealing with her brother's loss but nope. She actually saw her brother's ghost. I really enjoyed the paranormal twist to the book. The concept of her brother being a ghost fit so naturally into the story that I forgot I was reading a book involving a ghost. The relationship between Jamie and Rose was done well and I enjoyed their intera ...more
Sandeep ☾
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars
Tara
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this!

The writing style was wonderful enough to overlook the few cliché and repeated phrases, and the characters were all lovely. Plus they were diverse! And the ship was really cute, and didn't seem insta-lovey at all (probably because they had history already).

The plot was great, and full of humor and tension and aggravation and emotion (started crying a bit there at the end), and I flew through this story in what feels like no time at all.

I think there are some excellent lines
Viola ☾
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I‘m crying. This was so cute, funny and sad. I just had all the emotions while reading this
Jaime Arkin
I really enjoy Robyn Schneider’s writing and story-telling style, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that I really loved this book!

Rose has been living with a secret. She sees ghosts… more specifically, one, her brother Logan, who died at 15. Since his death, Rose has pushed aside anything and everything to spend time him. She’s stuck with a group of friends she barely tolerates and sees only at school, until a long-lost friend returns.

Jamie used to be the boy next door. They were frie
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
*An ARC was provided by Edelweiss and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

"And that's the part the children's stories never tell you. They never explain that it's okay to let go of things you once needed and find others to take their place."

I have loved Robyn Schneider books since I was an awkward, oddball sixth grader. I remember reading The Beginning of Everything and falling head over heels for her writing, her prose, and of course, her dedication to nerdy references and Doctor Wh
Candice
Robyn's books are alway a go-to for me when I need something light, bubbly and lovely. I swooned a little while reading this, but I sighed a lot when TWICE she used the following evil sentence: "I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding" ...

Antara Raisa Khan
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
For a book that dealt with grief, death and learning to let go, it lacked depth. Reminded me of all the reasons why I avoid coming-of-age novels these days.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Every time I see Robyn Schneider coming out with a book I think to myself how I'm going to love it because she is so tumblr to me. Her books are infused with fandom life I simply can't resist. Sadly, there's always something missing and I don't end up enjoying them as much as I hoped I would.

I'm not rating and reviewing the book at the moment-I will do it after the release date.
Elyse
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love me some Robyn Schneider. This book is fantastic - ghosts, love, and loads of nerdy references.
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book would have gotten 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that it had the dreaded YA phrase "I let out a breath I didn't know i'd been holding" in it 3 times.
lucky little cat
Geez, never have I wanted so badly to give a book a report card. Cs all around.
The title itself is a pretty good indicator of the thought caliber of this book. The plot is so very overused and familiar that I kept checking the publication date to verify I hadn't actually read it before:
Good girl with a dead brother is on the outs with her friends, and meets a cute guy in a coffee shop. Cute guy stares in horror at the empty space beside the good girl. Whatever could be the problem? "How rud
Mina
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the girl who secretly hoped she'd get a Hogwarts letter --
For the girl who makes wishes on every 11:11--
For the girl who ran out of space on her bookshelves and bought this book anyway

"It's just your job that's causing you stress, not your life."
Christy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are semi happy tears, I promise. Maybe.
Jenna
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Shelby
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed INVISIBLE GHOSTS! For starters, the story was a healthy mix between finding yourself and finding first love, with the aspect of having to move on from a tragic event (aka, a brother’s death, in this case). I loved the minor magical realism aspects with the ghost element! It was done very well, in my opinion. Rose was such an interesting character. I thought her struggle with wanting to hold on to the past while wanting to move forward was realistic and represented very
Vanessa
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Invisible Ghosts was exactly what I wanted from Robyn Schneider. After reading The Beginning of Everything many years ago, I knew this knew contemporary would be that and more. And also ghosts!

Invisible Ghosts revolves around Rose. After her brother’s death, she seperates herself from her friends and becomes someone who blends into the background at school. After school, she hangs out with her brother’s ghost. But when her best friend Jaime moves back into town, Rose starts to reconnect with her
Cassie Stever
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
“i needed logan to understand. the two of us had spent so long together in our private version of narnia. but i’d grown up, and i couldn’t stay here much longer. and that’s the part the children’s stories never tell you. they never explain that it’s okay to let go of things you once needed and find others to take their place.”

this book was beautiful and lovely in a way that you remember your favorite memory and you just curl up in it.

there was jewish representation in this book which is alwa
Vanessa
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it

Suad Shamma
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, own
So, I had high expectations going into this book, because I liked the idea of a sister being able to see her dead brother's ghost so much. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to expectations, instead becoming this YA romance novel that revolved around Rose and Jamie.

I liked seeing Rose come out of her shell after Jamie's return from a 5 year absence, but her transformation was very quick in my opinion. She went from being a complete recluse to a social butterfly in no time. I can understand why he
Robyn Schneider is the bestselling author of The Beginning of Everything and Extraordinary Means, which have earned numerous starred reviews, appear on many state reading lists, and are published in over a dozen countries. Her next book, Invisible Ghosts, comes out in June from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. Robyn is a graduate of Columbia University, where she studied creative writing, and ...more
“Sometimes you look around at your life and you see a ghost of a different one. It watches from the wings like an understudy that knows it won't go on. The play unfolds, and eventually, when you glance backstage, that life you knew is gone, and no one watching ever knew it was there at all.” 3 likes