Start by marking “Invisible Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Invisible Ghosts

Invisible Ghosts

Rose Asher believes in ghosts. She should, since she has one for a best friend: Logan, her annoying, Netflix-addicted brother, who is forever stuck at fifteen. But Rose is growing up, and when an old friend moves back to Laguna Canyon and appears in her drama class, things get complicated.

Jamie Aldridge is charming, confident, and a painful reminder of the life Rose has be
Published June 5th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

Start your review of Invisible Ghosts
jessica
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
robyn schneider is my go-to author during the summer - i absolutely adore her books. so i went into this thinking i had found a perfect, light contemporary read. what i was not expecting to find was a story so full of tender emotion.

rose was devastated when an unexpected accident results in the loss of her brother, logan, but has found a second chance when he returns as a ghost only she can see. so she doesnt even consider it a sacrifice to give up everything so she can spend all of her time wi
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“This isn’t a ghost story,” I told him. “It’s a love story with a ghost in it.”

Robyn Schneider, what the hell are you trying to do to me?????

Wait, what? What is it? I’m simply feeling happy? Whew! What a relief. I thought I was a goner for sure with my mouth doing this weird turny-uppy thing.

This is my third Robyn Schneider book and all three have been 4 Star winners. This chick knows how to YA romance me fo sho. Each of he
Sylvie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I liked this book it was enjoyable, but I don't think I'll read her other books.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I think I have a new favorite from Ms. Robyn Schneider. I love the premise. Rose starting out in the story trying to be invisible in school and always happy to go home to spend her afternoons with the literal but funny, insufferable and childish ghost of her older brother Logan who died at the age of 15 and who is now probably chummy with Casper the friendly ghost. And then Jamie, her childhood friend, comes back to town and pulls her back to their old circle of friends, back to doin
may ❀
i wouldn't say that i'm outgrowing contemporary YA, but i think i've read enough contemporary YA to KNOW what i love and what i //dont//

unfortunately, this book came on the sadder part of the spectrum

there's nothing inherently wrong about this book, i just felt like i've seen these type of characters (and their personalities), the plot, and ending a MILLION times

the paranormal aspect of the book was interesting but it wasn't enough to hold my interest. it had a strong start, i'll give it th
Masooma
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
My expectations from this book were rocket high! It came from Robyn S and her previous book is among the best-est books that I've read. So, it's not my fault if I was excited for this one.

Except, I didn't like it much. The central character is uselessly whiny and the entire book is about her boyfriend:

-Jamie is this ...
-Jamie bought me a this ...
-Jamie has a headache and I ...
-Jamie sacrificed this and that ...

No! Just stop! I expected to see more sibling attachment and some strong bonds. Schn
Kayla
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a haunting book.. see what I did there?
I was really moved with the relationships and romance and just everything in this book!
Julia Sapphire
I received an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 ish stars

This book was a really interesting one. A ghost story meets a love story? Sounds odd but was a really compelling story. This book follows our main character Rose who believes in ghost, for one specific reason. Her brother, Logan, died a few years ago but is till alive to Rose. He is stuck at fifteen years old and is still able to interact with his sister. Things become more complicated when Rose
Vicky Again
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

When I first found out that we were getting another Robyn Schneider book, I was SO EXCITED. I've read both of her earlier books and really enjoyed them.

Despite this, I eventually came of my high and was a tad wary because as much as I loved her first two books, they were extraordinarily similar in plot structure and ending, just with slightly different characters & settings, and I hoped Invisible Ghosts, with its different cover style, would be a little different.

And I was so lucky to fin
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, 2018, arcs, ya
My love of grief and loss books is well documented, and Invisible Ghosts wedged its way into my heart. I really didn't expect to have such strong feelings for this book, but I simply loved it. The book was a really thoughtful, interesting, and beautiful look at growing up, moving on, and letting go.

• Pro: I was elated as Rose reintegrated herself into her former life. It pained me that she was grieving and carrying around the guilt associated with her brother's death for so long, and I just want
joanna ☽ the little brown fairy
"But then I'd learned that running away is the easy part: it's finding your way back that's almost impossible."

Invisible Ghosts was a short, sweet book that touched my heart and wouldn't let me put the story down. It's a perfect light summer read, with adorable romance and just enough of the supernatural to keep me hooked the entire time.

It's the story of a girl whose brother was killed years ago -- except he stayed behind as a ghost and waits for her every afternoon at their house, ready t
alice (arctic books)
INVISIBLE GHOSTS is a melancholy love story that deals with grief, loss, and first romances. This novel follows Rose, whose older brother Logan died a few years prior. When her childhood friend Jamie returns to their town and they start to rebond, they grapple with the relationship they have with Logan, who occasionally comes back as a ghost.

This standalone covers a few themes which I enjoyed, such as first love and grief. Jamie and Rose develop a relationship throughout the novel, which I thoug
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

*Disclaimer* An ARC of Invisible Ghosts by Robyn Schneider was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my review in any way.

What I Liked

The unexpected paranormal. I don't know how I missed the fact that this book had a paranormal twist to it. I just assumed by the synopsis that Rose could see the ghost of her brother because that was the only way she knew how to cope with his death, but nope...she could actually see his ghost. This kind of threw m
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Invisible Ghosts is a standalone YA contemporary romance with a twist.

This was my first book by this author. I had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. I could not put this book down.

The story takes place in Southern California. The narrator is 16 year old Rose (1st person POV). Her brother died. Her best friend moved away. She was hiding and not really living at all.

I have always enjoyed books with psychic elements or ghosts. So I was very curious to see how this would work i
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was suprisingly good. I say suprisingly because I was a little concerned with the concept of a ghost brother. I thought maybe it would be Rose's way of dealing with her brother's loss but nope. She actually saw her brother's ghost. I really enjoyed the paranormal twist to the book. The concept of her brother being a ghost fit so naturally into the story that I forgot I was reading a book involving a ghost. The relationship between Jamie and Rose was done well and I enjoyed their intera ...more
Jaime Arkin
I really enjoy Robyn Schneider’s writing and story-telling style, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that I really loved this book!

Rose has been living with a secret. She sees ghosts… more specifically, one, her brother Logan, who died at 15. Since his death, Rose has pushed aside anything and everything to spend time him. She’s stuck with a group of friends she barely tolerates and sees only at school, until a long-lost friend returns.

Jamie used to be the boy next door. They were frie
Tara
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this!

The writing style was wonderful enough to overlook the few cliché and repeated phrases, and the characters were all lovely. Plus they were diverse! And the ship was really cute, and didn't seem insta-lovey at all (probably because they had history already).

The plot was great, and full of humor and tension and aggravation and emotion (started crying a bit there at the end), and I flew through this story in what feels like no time at all.

I think there are some excellent lines
Mavis Ros
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

"This isn't a ghost story," I told him. "It's a love story with a ghost in it."

Damn it. What have you done to me? I've never cried so hard in a while for such a deep, emotional read. This book gave way to my feels running in my head right now. Especially Logan and Jamie. That last chapter can't leave me just hanging like that!

I went into this book not knowing what's in store for me since it's quite a very short book. And I was so grateful that I had the guts to buy this book. The character d

Viola
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I‘m crying. This was so cute, funny and sad. I just had all the emotions while reading this
Antara Raisa Khan
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
For a book that dealt with grief, death and learning to let go, it lacked depth. Reminded me of all the reasons why I avoid coming-of-age novels these days.
Jaguar
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd made so many spurious correlations, and I saw that now. I'd started to doubt myself and question where I belonged even before Logan's death. It was only after that I'd tried to find meaning gin the mess of it all. I'd scrutinized my worst days, looking for some tangible thing that connected them, some omen I could use to recognize impending disaster. But the past doesn't tell you all that much about the future, no matter how hard you wish it did.

Sometimes you look around at your life and
Jeannine Marie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
READ THIS!!! I love this book! I love the lightness of it and the values laden inside. It's a coming of age book that truly touches on school social clique, family, friends, love, acceptance, and personal growth. I really loved and enjoyed reading this book! This is something I'd re-read over when I'm on a vacation!

First, I love the main character, Rose! I was amused by her 'spurious correlations', it's interesting, funny and something new I learned too! I also understood her internal struggles
Cassandra
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reads-of-2018, arcs
*An ARC was provided by Edelweiss and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

"And that's the part the children's stories never tell you. They never explain that it's okay to let go of things you once needed and find others to take their place."

I have loved Robyn Schneider books since I was an awkward, oddball sixth grader. I remember reading The Beginning of Everything and falling head over heels for her writing, her prose, and of course, her dedication to nerdy references and Doctor Wh
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Every time I see Robyn Schneider coming out with a book I think to myself how I'm going to love it because she is so tumblr to me. Her books are infused with fandom life I simply can't resist. Sadly, there's always something missing and I don't end up enjoying them as much as I hoped I would.

I'm not rating and reviewing the book at the moment-I will do it after the release date.
Mina
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the girl who secretly hoped she'd get a Hogwarts letter --
For the girl who makes wishes on every 11:11--
For the girl who ran out of space on her bookshelves and bought this book anyway

"It's just your job that's causing you stress, not your life."
Elyse
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love me some Robyn Schneider. This book is fantastic - ghosts, love, and loads of nerdy references.
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book would have gotten 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that it had the dreaded YA phrase "I let out a breath I didn't know i'd been holding" in it 3 times.
lucky little cat
Geez, never have I wanted so badly to give a book a report card. Cs all around.
The title itself is a pretty good indicator of the thought caliber of this book. The plot is so very overused and familiar that I kept checking the publication date to verify I hadn't actually read it before:
Good girl with a dead brother is on the outs with her friends, and meets a cute guy in a coffee shop. Cute guy stares in horror at the empty space beside the good girl. Whatever could be the problem
•ljuba•
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75/5⭐️

Overall I really enjoyed the story. The message/ conclusion our protagonist reaches in the end is fairly important and I liked the relationship we follow.
The main point I did‘t enjoy too much is the writing-style..the protagonist released a breath she did‘t know she was holding at least 5 times 😂
Christy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are semi happy tears, I promise. Maybe.

• Let Me List the Ways
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Surviving Adam Meade
  • Emergency Contact
Robyn Schneider is the bestselling author of The Beginning of Everything and Extraordinary Means, which have earned numerous starred reviews, appear on many state reading lists, and are published in over a dozen countries. Her next book, Invisible Ghosts, comes out in June from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. Robyn is a graduate of Columbia University, where she studied creative writing, and ...more