Start by marking “Dark Horse” as Want to Read:

The new job.
The new city.
The new life.
The second chance.
And nothing could stand in his way.
Except, maybe, the sexy as hell spitfire he found himself suddenly in competition with for a job he thought was his.
Amongst trying to begin again, office politics, and a case that wasn’t quite what it seemed, he needed to try to keep his mind off the spirited Espen, a
Published July 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark Horse, please sign up.

Start your review of Dark Horse
Jessica Gadziala
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody.

***FIVE STARS***

I truly enjoyed every bit of this story with the camaraderie of Xander's crew, and the lighthearted competition between Enzo and Espen. So fun! Espen is a kick ass heroine. Her daddy raised her right and made she she absolutely knew self defense and knew exactly how to take care of herself. Enzo had a rough background growing up, but now he's looking for better things in his life and trying to make a change for the better. These two getting to know each other while also competing
Dusti Hanrahan
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always love reading this author, she has a way of writing that-for me- flows easily and quickly. Enzo was off the charts sexy (but Paine is still in my top 3 of any man she's written )
There was a little bit of attitude, little bit of super hot sex mixed w a little big of drama. It was not over the top, it was entertaining and I had a hard time putting it down. I love all of X's employees and friends....

I'm a little intrigued.... I want a grown up super sexy Atien story!! (*hint
Alex ♈
Judy.Ca
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: g, kindle-unlimited
I really liked Enzo and Espen! I love getting caught up with all the crew as well. I cannot wait for Reece!!!
Cindy
description

abso-freaking-loved it! I dont think I've ever not loved a Jessica Gadziala book but just thought I would reiterate that fact..

Enzo my man you were not introduced in the greatest light many books ago but since then you have redeemed yourself and now your making a huge change in your life. And no better place to restart that life than with working with PI Xander Rhodes (got a soft spot for him – his was the second book of Jessica's I read back in 2015 and I fell in love with the Dark world
Deb
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely great!!!

Loved this book, love it when the herione is so strong and independent. Enzo is the perfect hero (the type of man you want your son's to be). Jessica is a great storyteller, love all her books.
JLOluvsbooks&dogs
Heart warming

I liked that this installment of the off-shoot of Navesink Boys was a bit on the softer side. It was a nice change up, although I love the darker stuff too. Enzo was an interesting softie with good manners. Espen I was worried I might not like, but it didn't take long because her idiosyncrasies made sense and didn't make her an unmovable hard-ass and so it worked for me. :)

There was an unusual bit of repetition in a few parts when describing Gabe and how he and Xander knew each
~ Cariad ~
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 'sooooo f'ing good' stars for me.

I swear, this sort of calm, happy feeling comes over me when I see the words Navesink Bank!!
LOL they're like my reading comfort blanket!!
SHANNON
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional, real, and sweet are just a few words to describe this book.

I have loved every book I have read of Jessica's. I go through so many emotions when reading her books. I recommend ALL of her books. Keep up the good work Jessica. Looking forward to more of your books.
Shanda Brown
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica continues to write books that I fall in love with the story lines gives you both strong leading characters that you love to see fall in love!! #automatic one click author
jessica
Another masterpiece!

I love Enso and Espens story! Espen is a strong independent woman! Jessica Gadziala really did an amazing job with this story!
Christen
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED Dark Horse! And I especially love how Jessica puts a book out just when I need JG fix the most! This one hit the spot!

Bette Hansen
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Great story as Enzo and Aspen compete for a job in Xanders PI agency. Each starting over and trying to prove themselves. As they grow closer it's hard to forget that by winning they may lose something important.

Found this one a little different than other books in this series. Would have liked a little more action but still a good story.
Eleanor
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Dark Horse Stars

Jessica has done it again, A brilliant book with like-able and strong characters that you get your teeth into and cant put the book down until you've read the last page.How she keeps writing these brilliant books and coming up with such fantastic characters time after time with plots that just blow your mind is beyond me!

I loved Enzo and Espen and they were just perfect for each other. I really liked that we saw a softer side to Enzo which was so surprising to me from previous
Krystyn
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I was hoping for and more!!

I knew that Enzo's story would be great. He's made appearances in a few of the other books and I knew that once we got his story everyone would already love him.

Enzo is a man raised right but made not so great life choices. He's now trying to turn his life around. A part of this is a job and the only thing standing in his way is the independent firecracker Espen.

Espen was raised to be a PI, she's a strong women raised by a strong father. She wants to show the
Tammy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark horse is the story of Espen and Enzo. You know Enzo from the Savages series as Paine's brother, and former Third street thug. This romance follows Espen and Enzo's desperate competition to land the ideal job working for private investigator Xander. During their story we experience Espen's independence and Enzo's "coming clean". These 2 make a perfect pair and of course there is a great happy ending. Don't miss this one.
Jill Oates
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the change of pace in this book - it made for a different read.

There was the background story line for the investigation but the story of Enzo and Espen and how they came to this position was really good. I liked that the investigation didn't overtake that part of the story.

I can't decide which story I want next (can't wait for Eli) but would really love Brock and Gabe soon.
Cheryl Norris
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic -- I wanna be Enzo's honey!!

This was another fantastic book by Jessica Gadziala. Yet again she drew me in from the very start, and I never wanted to put this book down. Enzo and Espen are a special couple who each have something to prove to the outside world. For Enzo to have the background that he does, from the very beginning he shows such a caring and sweet side to Espen. I loved this book and I can't say it enough how awesome Jessica is.
Autumn
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes for Enzo and Espen!!

Finally a book to pull me out of my funk! It took longer than normal for me to read this book because life gets a little crazy but finally so happy I was able to read about these two special characters. I really enjoyed the story and interaction between the characters from the hero and heroine to the side characters many of us have already read and come to love. It makes my heart happy when we get to check in with past characters. Espen was a refreshing female character,
Heather Emery
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just Wow! Great read. It started a little slow for me, but then it took off. I loved the characters and how strong they were. Love the plot and how it just sucked me in and didn't let me go until the end.
Natasha
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
always a great read by a great author :-)
Debbie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting on Enzo's book and was thrilled to finally get his story. Turns out that our hard, ex-gang boss is a big ol' sweetheart underneath all that good looking bada$$iness.

Starting his new life after being the leader of the Third Street Gang, Enzo is determined to make his family proud working as a private investigator. On his first day of work he meets the fiery and beautiful Espen who takes his breath away. He and Espen both want the same job and have to work together pretty much
Elisa Griffin
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is simply put amazing. I have been waiting and imagining what Enzo's HEA would be and Jessica did not disappoint. Espn is the perfect strong willed "I Got This" independent women. They are just perfect for each other. Enzo gives Espn the space to take care of herself and in return Espn gives Enzo that soft spot he needs to protect and love. Sorry Kenzi not sorry I am as talented in the kitchen as Espn and Alex lol. Love the strong female characters Jessica writes as well as theses ...more
EMILY
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants and swearing.

My original review was deleted. The Goodreads app hates me... really getting on my last fucking nerve.

39-40 something Enzo recently moved to New York City for a fresh start. His decade long reign of the Third Street Gang was overthrown violently. Since his skills are of the criminal variety, he anticipates the opportunity to become a private investigator will be good for
Colleen
I'm not usually one for mystery-style romances, but this series has had me from the beginning, and this book actually got me more than most. It's more intense on the character and romance developed then it is on the mystery - which is great because Espen and Enzo deserve that.

Espen has spent too much time being discounted as a PI - both because of her gender and her family connections. She need the job with Rhodes Investigation to make her own way.
Enzo just left a street gang and needs a new
Ms  independent
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Jessica. I've been waiting for Enzo and you didn't disappoint. I love that you made a badass a teddy bear when he met Espen. Espen was strong as nails with a lot to prove. All your leading ladies are just as empowering as your men. You always write a
book and you're the fucking Queen of epilogue's. I feel cheated now if other authors don't give me my epilogue. Your a beautiful person Jessica just keep doing what your doing. Your writing is perfection.
Stories in Review
Loved Enzo. His past was crazy, which we seen in the Henchmen series, but, I definitely loved this story. Perfect read.
Tina
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always think that Jessica Gadziala books are short, they are not, they are just that good that I fly through them so fast.
Lectorela
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to read the story of Enzo. After meeting him and knowing his past, the things he did, the 180 degree turn he wanted to give his life; although, even at first, he was kind of push to it. I couldn't wait to get my hands to this book!!!!! Knowing the fights with Espen, the competition (unnecessary, I may add hahaha) and how fun they were going to be together!!!

And it was! I loved the dynamics of this two, as Xanders played with them, and how together, they managed to connect,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chaos Remains (Greenstone Security #4)
  • Still Waters (Greenstone Security #1)
  • Beyond the Horizon (Sons of Templar MC, #4)
  • The Devil's Angels MC
  • The Devil's Angels MC: Book 2 - Axel
  • Shield (Greenstone Security #2)
  • Judge (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 2)
  • Firestorm (Sons of Templar MC #2)
  • Dauntless (Sons of Templar MC, #5)
  • Maxwell (Brothers Ink, #2)
  • Phoenix (Blackwings MC Book 3)
  • Broken Shelves (Unquiet Mind, #3)
  • Out of the Ashes (Sons of Templar MC #3)
  • The Problem with Peace (Greenstone Security #3)
  • Battles of the Broken (Sons of Templar MC #6)
  • Dash (Blackwings MC #1)
  • Liam (Brothers Ink, #3)
Jessica Gadziala is a full-time writer, parrot enthusiast, and coffee drinker. She enjoys short rides to the book store, sad songs, coffee in Big Gulp-sized cups, and cold weather, and has recently developed an unhealthy obsession with acquiring houseplants. She lives in New Jersey with seven parrots and six dogs.

She is a big believer in snark, strong secondary characters, and bada$$ women.

She is

Dark series (3 books)
  • Dark Mysteries (Dark series #1)
  • Dark Secrets