Start by marking “Sketches of My Soul” as Want to Read:
Sketches of My Soul

T.C. Booth

Sketches of My Soul

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In the game of life, I was used to being on the losing team. The odds were stacked against me. Tegan’s Team—a mom who tried to control me, a dad who would rather drink then spend time being a father, a lying ex-boyfriend, and fake friends. Like any team however, you have that one shining star that stood out above the rest. For me that star was Emily, my best friend.
I guess
Kindle Edition
Published June 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Sketches of My Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sketches of My Soul

really liked it 4.00  ·

Donna
I really enjoyed this book. The characters really drew me and I became very invested in their lives. Tegan struggled a lot in her life and felt alone. She would get her feelings out by taking her sketchbook and sketching what she felt, whether good or bad. She had one sketchbook where she kept her private feelings, much like a diary, but sketches. These were the sketches of her soul, you could say. (I just love that title!) She got lost in her sketching, becoming oblivious to the things around h ...more
Dax Munro
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Senior year of high-school is never easy. Budding artist Teagan balances college applications, ex-boyfriends and a drunk dad in T. C. Booth's Sketches of My Soul.

The author conveys Teagan's various emotional states through a remarkable use of imagery, but they're not the only one to do so. Teagan conveys her most intimate feelings through her artwork, which is kept in a secret work-pad that she refuses to show anyone.

I enjoyed her first-person narration. It was delicate and at times lyrical. The
Ashley Aponte
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. The story was sweet, the characters had depth, and were written well. This was a quick, and enjoyable read, and didn't put it down once I started reading. TC Booth did a great job bringing these characters to life, and I look forward to the next book in this series. This was the first book I read from this author and will definitely be reading more of her work.

#TheUnratedBookshelf
Nicholas
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads win. Review to come.

An interesting read that really held my attention. The characters really drew me in. I felt like they were real and relatable. It was nice to see healthy relationships being shown.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
***This book was reviewed for Lola's Blog Tours

Sketches of My Soul, by TC Booth, is the story of one young woman's world-shattering summer. It is a summer of endings, true, but all endings beget new beginnings. All destruction begets new growth. (There I go, sounding like BBC’s Mycroft:P)

Tegan Taylor had anticipated a nice, mostly quiet summer before her senior year of high-school to be spent hiding away from others and indulging in her deepest passion- sketching. Life has different plans, bring
Chelsea
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sketches of My Soul by TC Booth was such a surprisingly captivating quick read. I'm not the biggest fan of contemporary reads and normally they take me a few days to finish, but this book had me hooked from the beginning, for a few reasons.

The first reason is Teagan. I can't say that I related to everything she was going through, but there was a lot I related with. Some of her high school experiences, the fact that she was a klutz, and because she lives in Ohio.

So there was that little addition.
Savy Leiser
I would give this 3.5 stars. Lots of great characters and relatable emotions! See the full review on my blog here:

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

It's SO IMPORTANT to have more books, TV shows, movies, etc. where we can see healthy teen relationships. Andrew is older than Tegan--he's already finished a year of college, while Tegan's just turned 18. However, he never pressures her into a relationship and never pressures her into goi
Michelle