Start by marking “Injection, Vol. 3 (Injection, #3)” as Want to Read:
Injection, Vol. 3 (Injection, #3)

Injection, Vol. 3

(Injection #3)

An archaeological dig in Cornwall has gone very wrong, very quickly. And Maria Kilbride has her hands full already, as the effects of the Injection begin to dig in. So Brigid Roth, her old comrade from the CCCU, gets hired to go to a stone circle in the middle of a moor, under a granite tor, to find out why a ritual murder might have torn a hole in the world. What is the C ...more
Published November 21st 2017 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Injection, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Injection, Vol. 3

Patrick
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my current favorite currently running comic series.

Yup. That means I like it better than Saga. That's not an easy thing to say. But I said it.

If this series gets left behind or abandoned, it's going to break my heart like Firefly.

If you aren't reading it yet, you really should. If you've already started, don't you think it's time for a re-read?

ABSOLUTELY worth your time.

Might be especially appealing for those of you who like: Sherlock Holmes. Faerie tales. Urban Fantasy. Storie
Artemy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, image-comics
Brigid Roth goes to Cornwall to investigate a dead body found chained to a stone circle. Madness ensues.

I loved the first two volumes of Injection, but unfortunately volume 3 did little for me. It's basically Warren Ellis on autopilot — something something happens, Brigid calls somebody a fucking prick, everybody runs somewhere, big sci-fi explosions, Brigid calls something a fucking shite, a bunch of people die gruesomely.

The plot confused the hell out of me, and I seriously can't say what it's
Andrew
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
And so we move on to the third volume - well considering I read book 2 and 3 back to back (that is always the curse of comics and graphic novels you can race through them - which I am sure is the bane of the writers and artists since they put some much work in to each and every scene).

But what can I say - this book show the start of things coming together - you can see where the lines are being drawn and that the stakes are being increased (in this case getting nastier) so why so cryptic - well
Anthony
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: image
The delays between the issues of this are too long to enjoy it properly. Going to have to return to it at some point. I'm finding Image series are usually better that way
Kirsten
I wish I could read anything Ellis without having the screaming fear he's never going to finish it. I quadruple wish it for this series, because it's seriously some of the best dark fantasy/sf/horror in comic book form I've read. It's just astonishingly good.
k
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
disaster gays and the end of the world ft Rasputin's dick
Antonio Ceté
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ay, yo qué sé, si es que no puede no gustarme lo de este hombre y los fantasmas folclóricos y las hackers pedantes. Aunque sea lo mismo todo el rato.
Ignacio
Ellis vuelve un poco a contar la primera historia para desarrollar un nuevo personaje y desvelar algún detalle más de ese mundo antiguo deseando recuperar el nuestro, la Inyección... y un pequeño duelo de competencias entre sociedades secretas. Bien.
Adam M
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla-app
This was somehow both the craziest and easiest to follow volume yet. Maybe not outright crazy, but the things happening in the world thanks to the Injection are getting crazier. Brigid is the star of this collection and we learn a lot more about her (to a point.) It also shows us a little of what Robin is up to and it ain't good news. He's still the wild card in all this and I really don't know where he's leading us, but that's probably why I enjoy Warren Ellis, I'm not smarter than the author s ...more
Malapata
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
No me ha terminado de enganchar este arco. Supongo que posteriormente Ellis volverá a sacar algo de esto de la manga y lo que se cuenta aquí tendrá su importancia, pero de momento me ha resultado el más flojo de los tres volúmenes.
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like most Image books that only really release one story arc per year, Injection's a little hard to get back into after so long away. But within a few pages, it all comes flooding back and this insane techno-magical world that Ellis and Shalvey have created takes back over once again.

This arc feels a bit more self-contained, as the focus shifts to Brigid as she investigates a mysterious stone circle that may or may not be a way to the Other World. Of course, the Injection co-opts the investigati
Colleen
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, wizards, horror
It's going to be hard to wait an entire whole year for another installment, especially since with 5 comics in each volume, they are not especially lengthy to begin with. But no matter! It's all somehow tying together, and each one so far I've liked more than the last. And where the last volume was referential to Sherlock Holmes, this one was intended as homage to Dr. Who, a show I still have not seen somehow.

Even if I didn't catch the Whovian references, I did notice a call back to The Atrocity
James Targett
This is a beautifully crafted mix of future shock versus the dark shadows of prehistory. I don't know anything else that takes threads of the modern age (technology, apps, the byzantine relationships of PFI enterprise and corporate government), threads them through the lens of the UK and juxtaposes them against centuries of tradition and folklore. Throw in a archetypes of modern British folk heroes (Dr Who, Sherlock Holmes, James Bond) and maybe a Merlin figure for spice, or maybe commentary on ...more
Richard Guion
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume features Brigid, the hacker, as the primary protagonist. She has all this cool tech on her clothes, and an AI assistant, but everything she does bleeds the line between tech and magic. There’s an Injection event around a Stonehenge like mound and Maria dispatches Brigid out to take a look. You finally get a sense of what that Tardis-like chamber in Brigid’s lab can do, and there are other Doctor Who parallels, come to think of it. Not as fun as volume 2 and no appearances by Vivek or ...more
Nelson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: image-comics
Just as good as every volume before it. This time we get a focus on Brigid as she handles her own case. Brilliant mix of technological and supernatural, even more so than the previous cases, as Ellis elaborates on the mechanics of how the Injection works. Also loved the dark humor and the Doctor Who references. And amazing work by the art team as well, especially Bellaire's coloring on issue 15. Looks like the plot is moving healthily along as we're getting more development on each and every cha ...more
Venus Maneater

- Most of the art
- All women All kicking ass
- The Injection itself is delightfully creepy

I dislike:

- wtf they did to Brigid's face because it looks like absolute shit 90% of the time
- The Breakers Yard, MI5, FPI Cursus - there is a LOT going on and it's not helping the story. It's branching and branching and I need a little more growth that just goes...up instead of outward.
Paul Mirek
This series is really shaping up into one of Ellis' best latter-day works. While his weaker works have a tendency to buckle under the weight of his copious knowledge, he seems more in control of the material here along with collaborators Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire. A fresh combination of folk horror, techno-thriller, and political intrigue that is heading toward something big.
Rod Brown
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warren Ellis at his technomagic best.

A small group of gifted people take turns in the spotlight as they battle a malignant artificial intelligence obsessed with the supernatural that they've set loose upon the world. Last volume, Ellis riffed on Sherlock Holmes. This volume he riffs on Doctor Who, introducing a female Doctor and her companion before the show had a chance to the same.
Lara
I actually enjoyed this one more than I did the previous one--I enjoyed following Brigid, and the archaeology angle was kinda way more my thing than the mystery in volume 2.

If Warren Ellis doesn't finish this series, I won't be heartbroken, but I'll definitely be somewhat annoyed.
Kathleen
This series continues to do a fantastic job of mixing fantasy and science fiction to tell cool stories. Brigid, the technologist who can see the internet, has to deal with an ancient stone circle that seems to be connecting our world to the Other World. This trade is a fun, short adventure in a world that is on its way toward ending. I would definitely recommend this series to comic book fans, though some imagery may be a bit graphic for some readers.
Chad Jordahl
I like the techie main character Brigid. I want her AI helper Sheela. Entertaining volume, although I wish we learned more about The Injection.
Irene
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
So freaking good.
Johan
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brigid Roth goes to Cornwall to investigate a dead body found chained to a stone circle. After that things get weirder and deadlier very fast. I liked this story very much, the story has more body than most superhero stuff and I also like the artwork: very relaxing, sober with lots of empty spaces, not as frantic or crowded as most superhero stuff. And Bridget Roth is a one helluva kickass hacker.

Please let volume 4 hit the shelves asap.
Leah
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fucking love Injection. Genuinely unsettling, proper scary in an understated English way (the best way).

The way the characters talk and behave is far more in line with how I think people should behave in their shoes, and it’s quite rare to find in sci fi comics. There’s no running around and shouting about things and screaming, just intelligence and competence and wry humour in the face of really strange things. Really super great.
Steen Ledet
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The technoccult storyline picks up pace.
Alan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This remain my favorite volume of Injection to date, but the final chapter fell a bit flat for me. I think Ellis did his best job to date in adding characterization to one of the main players, this time Brigid. I understand that her characterization might not work for everyone. For me, I enjoyed reading an investigation tale that featured a highly intelligent woman reviewing the facts, and to a degree reading the people involved, to come up with solutions to a fantastic problem.

This series' que
Erica McGillivray
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, urban-fantasy
Brigid is my favorite Doctor Who. I loved this volume.
Jamie Connolly
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I love it. I wish I understood what the hell it was about. But I love it. This time it’s as if Stonehenge conspiracy theories were real. Less killbride in this one which I’m not happy about but Brigid is growing on me now. Great series so far. Patience is required though.
Adan
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great installment of Ellis, Shalvey, and Bellaire's sentient-AI-mucking-about-with-magic series. This arc focuses on Brigid as she investigates a stone circle in Cornwall. I was sad that there was no Vivek Headland this time, but I'm sure he'll show up again soon enough.
  • Lazarus, Vol. 5: Cull
  • The Black Monday Murders, Vol. 2
  • Providence Act 3
  • The Visitor: How and Why He Stayed
  • Letter 44, Volume 2: Redshift
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more

Injection (3 books)
  • Injection, Vol. 1 (Injection, #1)
  • Injection, Vol. 2 (Injection, #2)