Start by marking “Take Your Time (Boston Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
Take Your Time (Boston Love, #4)

Take Your Time

(Boston Love #4)

The fourth standalone in the internationally bestselling BOSTON LOVE STORY series is finally here...

For Delilah Sinclair, catching a man's attention has never been a problem.

It's the part that comes later – the happily-ever-after part – that always seems to trip her up. All her friends may be settling down, but this fiery redhead has no intentions of ever being tamed…
ebook
Published July 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Take Your Time, please sign up.
Julie Johnson Yes, this is Luca's story! :)…moreYes, this is Luca's story! :) (less)

Start your review of Take Your Time (Boston Love, #4)
Katerina
“Life is a beautiful, broken mess. Closer to a Shakespearean tragedy than a Hollywood happy ending.”

Well, life is indeed a Shakespearean tragedy when it dawns on you that Luca Buchanan, Boston's most badass MMA fighter and Alpha Male Extraordinaire, is not real. I'm going to numb my pain by watching Stephen Amell working out in those deliciously entertaining salmon ladders that make Lila (and me, and you, and every creature with ovaries) drool.

Delilah 'Lila' Sinclair is a bitch. A fiery
Julie Johnson
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Have you met the BOSTON BOYS yet?
All four books are STANDALONE ROMANTIC COMEDIES and can be consumed in any order. Though, due to character crossover appearances, I highly suggest you start with Chase in NOT YOU IT'S ME and work your way through in chronological order.
MEET LUCA IN TAKE YOUR TIME
This book
Alex ♈
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
TeriLyn
**Take Your Time generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

5++ "And held. And burned." Stars

Quite possibly my most favorite Boston Love series story, which is saying A LOT because I love this series and it's cast of colorful, amazing, zany characters. Just like the quote I chose to start this review the book begins at just the perfect moment where our female lead is in the throes of some serious yet whacky drama. Some drama where she needs a hero she doesn't want to need. From
Shannon Moore
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Men like Luca live for a good challenge, love nothing better than the thrill of conquering something most men would consider out of reach.
He’d wreck me just to prove a point.

How is it possible for an author to absolutely annihilate every book she writes? It's getting to the point where I shouldn't be surprised; I love every Julie Johnson book that I've read. I am fickle one though, and I've been let down by authors in the past, but JJ holds herself to such a high standard and simply never
Irene Sim
Another great story in the "Boston Love" series.
The truth is I expected more from Lila's story, she seemed like the happy-go-lucky type and these characters always hide many skeletons in their closets. I wasn't so off in this department and was intrigued by her past, but I didn't expect to be so annoyed by her incessant word diarhea. (a perfect contrast to Luke's laconic sentenses).

I loved the puppy and the twins, I loved Phoebe's wedding plans (didn't expect anything less), but to be honest I
Maayan
4.5 stars!
I adored Luca!! He was sooooo swoon worthy Totally my kind of H NOW I WANT MY OWN LUCA!
Joy Novel Thoughts
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnson grabs you from the beginning; hook, line and sinker!

"Who the hell gets arrested looking like Plumette?"

Once again her writing is beautiful and flawless. Julie has a way evoking such emotion in her story, that you physically feel her characters in your bones. What I love the most about her romantic comedies is that they don't follow the standard formula. These stories encompass so much more and will leave you with a smile on your face.

"There is a newfound tenderness in the way he
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed every book from this series and this one isn't an exception.

Lila and Blaze/Luca have been dancing in circles around each other for the past months. It was really fun to see how it all turned out.

To be honest Duncan's (Lila's brother) idea's for businesses are just so ridiculous that you can't even understand how someone would go with it.

The night Blaze comes to Lila's rescue is just so damn funny, but also has a sad side to it. Blaze is immediately very bossy *which I always enjoy*
Patrixia Lansangan
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Finally! I got to this book. Idk if this is the last Boston love story book but I really love this series. It is just so funny and heartwarming!

I laughed so much because both Luca and Lilah are just so stubborn and crazy and just so ducking hilarious.

This book was EVERYTHING!! Read this series! You have too. The first book will always and forever will be my favorite! But this one is not far along!

If there's more Boston love stories.... then I NEED IT!!!!!
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnson continues to bring her addictive, page turner writing, in Take Your Time.

When it comes to Alphas Julie Johnson serves them up on a silver platter. Take your time is laugh out loud fun, that had me loving the main character by page 1. She most definitely brings it in the Alpha department with this hit. You meet Delilah Sinclair and let me tell you, there will not be a reader out there that won't fall for this red headed ball of fun. I loved her. She's the girl you want as your best
Gudrun
The fourth book in this series of stand-alone-novels follows the same plot the previous three featured: H and h are attracted to eachother, the heroine’s banter or actions are way over the top, great friends, family or friends are connected to some shady characters, heroine is kidnapped, frees herself, and HEA.
Here we have a heroine with TSTL (Urban Dictionary:" too stupid to live: a mental and social disorder whereby an individual lacks the mental aptitude and social skills deemed necessary to
Veronika's ReaderFeeder
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 – Force of nature – Stars

description

Julie Johnson’s Boston Love series is one my favorite Romantic Comedy series of all time, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the story of Luca and Lila. And it was sooo good! Julie Johnson is the very best at creating sassy heroines and alpha heroes with a twisting plot and amazing sense of humor.

Delilah James Sinclair always tried to avoid commitments. She carries some deep scars from her past and because of this, she never
Eleonora
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is an unparalleled fluidity, natural quality, and authenticity to Julie Johnson's writing. When you start reading her books you get completely engrossed in the lives of these characters that you become fully invested in. Take Your Time is the fourth entry in the much loved Boston Love Story series and it keeps the traditional going of funny, smart and highly entertaining love stories.
Ever since Luca Buchanan was first introduced earlier in the series I have been waiting with bated breath
Gogol
Apr 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I somehow read all the books in this series. Actually after rereading a couple of them I remembered having read them previously. And that's the best way I can describe all of them, yes, even the one I rated four stars because I was in a bad book rut. They are all, forgettable. The premises are ok, everything about even the execution is ok, except that they are all blah. Over the top drama, tstl heroine antics, undeveloped back stories and lack of chemistry. If you have nothing better to do you ...more
Ssssarah
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
HOLY FREAKING LUCA BUCHANAN!

"With a single glance he let me know, without any shade of doubt, that one night with him would ruin me for any other man… because afterward, no one else would ever measure up. The reckless, senseless, masochistic streak inside of me wants to rise to that challenge; is practically dying to test that theory firsthand.
Go ahead, Luca. Take your best shot. I’ll wreck you right back."

description

THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD. I'm obsessed. Full review to come!
Zara
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was super amazing! I stayed up half the night to finish it in one go!But then I have never been disappointed by a JJ book! Julie is my favourite author for a reason(: Her writing is always amazing and she makes you fall in love with all her characters. I have been super excited for this book! I loved Lila and her sass since I meet her in Cross the Line(: Also Julie you need to stop writing such amazing men! You are damaging my love life because no boy can ever compare to all the boys ...more
HMS
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boxers-mma
The hero redeemed this for me as I could not stand the heroine.
K
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God.

I’m speechless. Yet at the same time, have so many thoughts running through my head, I feel like it might explode at any moment. This book is BEAUTIFUL. So beautiful, in fact, that I read it in one day--that’s how amazing it is.

Luca is the kind of man you dream of, and his and Lila’s relationship is the most heart-warming thing I’ve ever read.

I laughed.

I cried.

I wished Luca was real so I could steal him away for myself.

Of course, all of the books in this series are brilliant--Julie
Inked Avenue
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The way I see it, you're the best chance I've got at building a life. A family. A real one. Because when I'm with you... I'm home."

*bursts into room*

You guys! GAH! This novel... I'm obsessed! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Julie Johnson is the reigning queen of romantic comedies. The way she expertly pieces together a romance full of wacky drama, life altering setbacks, hair raising suspense, and life changing love is pure magic!Take Your Time is hands down my ultimate favorite in
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
4.5 Guarded Crowns

Julie Johnson has composed another engaging Boston Love story that is filled with alpha heroes, fun heroines, and suspense.

Luca Buchanan is quite possibly my favorite Boston Love hero, rivaled only by Nate Knox. He has the MMA fighter, protector aspect down to a tee. He talks in absolutes because his speech isn't superfluous and says what he means. Yet, there is this soft side to him that shines through when he is with Delilah. The mixture of hard and soft makes him my favorite
Adrienn Csép
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC was kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review

4,5 stars

I love Julie Johnson's writingstyle, how she creates sassy heroines and bossy alphas and how she makes references to the nowdays tv series :) Although this kind of male maincharacter not my favorite type, but I have to say Luca one of the bests ;) I smiled so much because of Lila: her inner struggle over Luca, how she tried to avoid him for 6 months (Lila and the fridgedoor :D) and because of her sarcastic humor. Luca not
Andrea
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided for review

Take Your Time is the 4th book in the Boston Love Story Series. If you haven’t read the others in the series, no need to worry, you can read this book without having read the others.
Take your time was another great read by Julie Johnson. The book has a great story line and excellent character development.
Luca is a take charge, hot alpha male. Delilah is a strong female with a sarcastic sense of humour.
Pick this book up, you won’t be disappointed!
Samantha Ramadani
Boom!!

Another one..... the story that you already know all the characters and your just waiting to see what gets unleashed next in their crazy world. The rich billionaire, the playboy, the ultimate alpha, and the fighter..... this series has become part of my favorite rereads, before each new book I get to throw myself back into the characters lives so I can merge into the new adventure. How can one not love Julie Johnson and her Boston Love Story Series????
Melissa
Can I just start off by staying that I absolutely loved this book. I read this book in literally one sitting, and I loved it. Take Your Time is book 4 in the Boston Love series and it was phenomenal. Julie Johnston knocked this book out of Fenway Park and I have come to the conclusion that she can do no wrong.

This book follows our two main characters Deliah (Lila) and Luca on their not so simple path to love. Lila is such an amazing character. She is sassy, headstrong and a total heartbreaker.
Rachael
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s mind boggling how Julie Johnson can continuously write such beautiful stories. The Boston Love Stories are some of my favorite books and Every book is wonderful and special in it’s own way. Delilah Sinclair is a beautiful force to be reckoned with, who even though she may not want to admit it has a secret soft side. Luca "Blaze" Buchanan is an Alpha male in a league all on his own always somehow managing to keep pace with Delilah. Together sparks are flying, my heart is beating fast, and I ...more
Snigdha Prakash
I think this is my first Julie Johnson book that I'm not so ecstatic over.
Maybe because I had too much expectations.
While there was nothing wrong with the plot, I think my problem lied in the execution of it.
I somehow just could not connect with the protagonists and their feelings for each other.
I think which is why their romance fell a little flat for me.
They hadn't even kissed in the first fifty percent of the book.
I would not have minded that if there had been some angst, but the existing
Nicole P
The 4th book in the Boston Love series was exactly what I needed. Brooding, hot, alpha male. Sassy, feisty, funny female. Delilah Sinclair was a hoot! She says what she wants to, does what she wants and is fiercely protective of the ones she loves. Luca Buchanan was tough, a force to be reckoned with, few on the words, but big on the action. The interaction between them was funny and hot. Both of them reminded me of the characters from Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this
Kelly
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I've enjoyed reading all the books in the Boston Love Story series, and I'm super happy after finishing this one to realise there is one more book in the series to be released ( hooray! I thought this was the last one ).

Take Your Time features Delilah ( Lila ) and Luca as the main characters. Lila portrays herself as being carefree and kind of flighty - she does a good job of hiding her true self even amongst her closest friends. She also steers clear of commitment - she likes
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fall (VIP, #3)
  • That Thing You Do (Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Rock, Rattle & Roll (Lost in Oblivion, #1.5)
  • Home Is Where The Beard Is: A Heartfelt, High-Heat, Mountain Man, Holiday Romance
  • Tangled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Beautiful Mistake
  • Arrogant Devil
  • Tied Bond (Holly Woods Files, #4)
  • This is Wild (This Is, #2)
  • This is Crazy (This Is, #1)
  • The Convenient Wife
  • Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3)
  • Rocked (Lost in Oblivion, #1)
  • Hotshot Doc
  • Lies
  • Deeper Water (Once and Forever, #3)
JULIE JOHNSON is a twenty-seven-year-old Boston native and USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen contemporary romance novels. When she's not writing, Julie can most often be found adding stamps to her passport, drinking too much coffee, striving to conquer her Netflix queue, and Instagramming pictures of her dog. (Follow her: @author_julie)

She published her debut novel LIKE GRAVITY in

Boston Love (5 books)
  • Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)
  • Cross the Line (Boston Love, #2)
  • One Good Reason (Boston Love, #3)
  • So Wrong It's Right (Boston Love, #5)
“I GREW UP IN THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS BUT THESE DAYS, I LIVE IN THE STATE OF CONSTANT ANXIETY.
Delilah Sinclair, checking her bank account balance.”
0 likes