Start by marking “Reanimation (Reanimation Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Reanimation (Reanimation Trilogy #1)

Reanimation (Reanimation Trilogy)

4.68  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Rylan should be 45 years old.

His heart should beat regularly and pump blood through his veins.

His skin should feel warm, not ice cold and free of imperfections.

Rylan is a vampire and he will never be human again.

When Rylan meets Kady he falls irreversibly in love with her. A long lasting and physical relationship is impossible with him being a vampire and she a mere human.
Paperback, First Edition, 306 pages
Published May 26th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Reanimation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reanimation

Dianne
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Once a vampire, always a vampire, right? A human and a vampire could never fall in love and find a happy ever after with each other, right? Stacey McCoy’s REANIMATION says otherwise and it looks like she may be turning the entire vampire genre on its ear!

Rylan is a vampire who has fallen in love with Kady, a sassy, independent young woman who has a few issues from her past. She also is the daughter of one of the greatest minds in the world and it seems Dad has created a “cure
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
So i was slow reading this one cause i didnt want it to end and have to wait forever for book 2 but holly heck stacey is bloody amazing the heart an soul she puts into her characters is amazing. Its like your right there watching it all unfold in front off you.

Please check it out for yourself and be amazed its not your typical vampire book thats fot sure
FeeMac
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A love story with bite. If you liked The Twilight and The Shade of Vampire series then you might find that this book is well worth a read. The storyline is certainly different and unique but the characters are what will grab you as you follow them along their turbulent journey.
Rachel McKitterick
*I won this through Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an honest review*

3.5 stars. This was really good, and Im glad I was given the chance to read it. Once reading the description on the back cover of what the story was about, I was rather excited to find out I had won a copy. Once I begin reading this, I was not disappointed. I did find the romance was a bit much but thats just me as it wasnt over the top or anything, but that is why its 3.5 stars and not 4. The idea of curing vampires to beco
Claire Soulsby
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A vampire trilogy with a twist! Kady meets Rylan and they fall in love. But cannot be together unless one of them decide to change. Kady father can cure this vamps disease by process of reanimation. First novel in this trilogy, the story line is compelling and so different to other vampire novels. The characters and background stories are integrated well together. This novel gives a good insight to the struggles of being a vampire and is love enough to make Rylan want to change? Great first nove ...more
Erika
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stacey McCoy is brilliant! I absolutely loved “Reanimation”, the first book in her Reanimation Trilogy, and I cannot wait to get into the second book now. This is a can’t-put-down, don’t-want-to-put-down book that will have you from the very first page.

I had a chill from the very beginning of this book, and then it turned red hot! I absolutely LOVED it! This is the first book I’ve read by Stacey McCoy, and I will be reading the next books in this trilogy, as well an others she has written. I wa
nicandbooks
What would you give up for love? ❤

"Instantly I’m captivated by this gorgeous creature who leans on the bar beside me. I feel my jaw drop as I stare into his piercing ice-blue eyes as they lock with my mixed green. Immediately I feel like I’m under his spell."

This is my first book by Stacey McCoy but it definitely won't be my last (least of all because I need to read book two and three in this trilogy!!). I absolutely love the concept of being able to cure vampires from their disease - it's this
Pamela
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
This book is very different from normal vampire books. In this one a cure has been created to cure the vampire disease and turn them back into a human. When I read the description of this book I had a feeling I would really enjoy this book and I wasn't disappointed. I definitely felt more of a closeness to Rylan and Kady but still really liked all the characters in this book. The only thing I didn't care for too much was how quickly Kady and Allister forgave Noreen. I think there should of been ...more
Stephanie S
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised reading this. I have not read a PNR with vampires in a while and enjoyed reading this. I don't know if my mind was in a different place when I tried to start this when I originally received it but I am glad I was given the nudge to read it again with a fresh outlook. I even re-started it to make sure I would go through it all at once.

This was my first read from this author and will happily read more from her. The thought that your true love would change his existence t
Jess
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I RECEIVED THIS BOOK FROM GOODREADS FIRST READS IN RETURN FOR A HONEST REVIEW

This book has definitely left me wanting more in the trilogy and to continue on reading it. Within the first chapter I was already left stunned at how the author managed to write and be so descriptive and clear but not too descriptive that it was over done. The story had me wanting to turn the page faster then I could read as I wanted to know what would happen. The characters were left as simple as possible which
Shelly Wolf
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author

I am not normally into the PNR but I have done a few here and there,,,,, and do I love the vampires,,,,, so when I got into this book and got into Kady and Rylan,,,, WOW ,,, and then all the talk of curing the vampires from disease and then the possibly getting to turn some vampires to humans,,,, it's just all a good read,,,, and I'm not telling you anymore,,,, do yourself a favor and grab the book and give it a read,,, I recommend it

I got this ARC voluntarily
Gina Burkart / Wojahn
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a read the emotions come right off the pages.. this book is very amazing and is well worth the read.. this book has a little of everything and you feel like your right in the book.. the emotional part is what the author has wanting you to feel when reading this book.. this book had me on edge and I’ve found a new author that I would recommend to anyone looking for a new read.. this is a dirt for this author that I’ve read and am in love with this book..
Emma Thomas
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish. I've never read a book about vampires that has a cure for vampire. It's fantastic. You read books about vampires that may explain how they became a vampire but there has never been a cure . An absolute must read if you like vampire books. Stacey has done an absolute marvellous job on this
Fleur
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This was a great read, I really liked the twist on curing Vampireism. The characters were really good especially how Rylan was so torn in regards to what to do when he loves Kady. Some twists and surprises for not only Kady and Rylan but also Kady's Dad Allister keep you on your toes! I can not wait to see where book 2 goes and hopefully we see Lawrence.
Tamsin O'Shea
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stacey McCoy's Reanimation is a fresh twist on the vampire story, she has written it so well. The characters feel like they jump out of the page and introduce themselves, only to pull you into the story when they return. Any Fantasy/Vampire lover will definitely be doing themselves a favor by picking this one up.

Plus as an added bonus it is number 1 in a series.
Lauren Wicks
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading this book and really enjoyed it. I love vampire books and thoroughly enjoyed this one with the twist of 'reanimation' which was different and an interesting idea. I look forward to reading the second book!
Becca Meek
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intriguing story line and characters. The story flowed well, and I'm excited to see what happens next! A cure for vampires? I haven't seen a story line like this since the TV remake of Dark Shadows, but this is much more scientific. I enjoyed this book a lot!
Katy Birch
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
PNR is one of my favourite genres. I've got to say this book did not disappoint. The storyline was unique which is quite hard to do on the subject of vamps. It was written very well and i really enjoyed it. A good read.
Pam
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn in from the very beginning! I fell in love with all the characters. The author did a fabulous job of spinning the tale of Vampires. So excited to see where the next book takes us!
Jessica Parsons
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This played out in a very interesting way compared to usual vampire books and had some interesting concepts. I look forward to seeing how things go in the next book.
Gemma Roman
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced page turner which had a few unexpected twists. This book was good fun and a fresh look at the paranormal romance genre - enjoyed it :)
Shannon
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the pace of this book and like how it isn't your run of the mill vampire story, it has a lot of depth and intrigue and I can't wait for the next one!
Jenna
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who knew there could be a cure for Vamp disease? Loved how Stacey took a different take on the normal vampire story. I look forward to seeing where this story takes us next.
Ruth E. Diaz
Jan 03, 2018
Lyssa Dawn
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
PNR is not my normal go to genre, especially vampires. Much to my delight I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is quite unique and interesting. Ms. McCoy keeps your attention with this page turner. All the characters are fully developed and the chemistry between Kady and Rylan is perfect. I can't wait to read the next in the series. Thank you Stacey!!!
Kage Zee
Absolutely loved it. I've read a lot of vampire book's /series and I've got to say this was nothing like I've read before. Very unique. I'd highly recommend reading it.
Everly Reed
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reanimation was such a great read! Right from the beginning, the writing pulled you in and so did the characters. I love Kady's spunk and how she isn't afraid to stand up to fight for what she believes in and what she wants. And I loved how the realistic struggles that plague any couple are balanced against the loftier problems that come with Rylan's vampire disease. The ending was a satisfying finish to this part of Rylan and Kady's journey. I absolutely recommend this book!
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this take on vampires! For it to be a curable disease instead of a curse or a heriditary Gene was fascinating and gave the characters hope and a unique choice. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first part of Kady and Rylan's journey!
Gelsie
Jun 25, 2017
Jessica Evans
Nov 20, 2017
I’m a happy farmer’s wife and a dedicated mother of two. I work part-time on our farm and rarely want to do anything other than write in my spare time.

I’ve only been writing since September 2014 and even though it’s taken a long time for me to realise what it is I want to do with my life (regarding career choice) and I can’t tell you how comfortable and confident I feel when I write.

Why do I write
More about Stacey McCoy

Reanimation Trilogy (3 books)
  • Eradicate (Reanimation Trilogy #2)
  • Remedy (Reanimation Trilogy #3)