Start by marking “Deception So Deadly (Deception So, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deception So Deadly (Deception So, #1)

Deception So Deadly

(Deception So #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
RUN. It’s all sixteen-year-old Tessa Carson has ever known. Hunted by a telepathic killer, Tessa and her family have fled home after home, hiding behind aliases to survive. Her scars are more than just physical, and as the only one in her family without a psychic ability, she lives a life of secrets, lies, and fear.

After the Carsons flee to a new hideout and take on new i
Paperback, Third, 360 pages
Published August 15th 2017 by Snowy Wings Publishing (first published May 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deception So Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception So Deadly

Clara
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
DECEPTION SO DEADLY has been out for about a month now, and wow, I'm blown away by all the love! Thank you, everyone! This book had a looooong journey of heartbreak and triumphs, and it's finally published the way it was meant to be. I'm thrilled that you love reading it as much as I loved writing it.

Lots of you have been asking about the next books in the series. Deception So Book Two, DECEPTION SO DEADLY, is releasing in February 2018, and I'm currently writing Deception So Book Three, DECEPT
Analee (Book Snacks)
This book was so good! Full of romance and mystery, this book is one you don't want to miss. In a nutshell, I really loved the thriller aspect of this and the plot twists were great!

Note: I received a free digital copy of this book thanks to YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

Plot

The plot was just great! I admit, I wasn't that into it at first, but once I kept reading, I got really into it. I loved the idea of having psychic powers (first of all, who wouldn't want those kind of
Nicole Hewitt
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

The title of this book does not lie. There were some surprises in this book that caught me totally off-guard (and a few that I guessed, but that’s par for the course). Many characters in the book are deceived by someone or other, but of course, I can’t tell you much more than that. In fact, this is a tough book to review without giving things away, so I’m going to have to be very generic in my review, and you’ll just h
Mandie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, arc
The story of Tessa and Tristan is a wonderful twisted romance, with heartbreak, trials, and triumphs. I fell in love with them. It was beautifully written. I was mesmerized by the first page. I read this book in one sitting. I cannot wait to read the continuation of their story in the next book!
I received an ARC copy of this book from the publisher for review consideration. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
Themis
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for_review
I received this free book in exchange for an honest review.

I'd have probably enjoyed this book a lot more if I was in my teens or younger, but it's still action packed and the romance is super cute and feels genuine. It took me sometime to get into it at first, but once I did I couldn't put it down. Ok, I'm ready for the sequel now!
Lauren the Book Slayer
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a whirlwind of action and suspense. I was addicted from page one!

Tessa is the only member of her family who doesn’t have a psionic ability. Her dad has the ability to see people, what they’re doing, where they are, at any time of the day, and her mom, brother, and sister are telekinetic. Tessa and her family are constantly on the run, hiding from a vile man who is trying to kill them. They’ve been on the run for so many years, never able to stay in one town for more than a year. It’
Jessica
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, reviewed
4.5/5 stars

I read these books early last year when they had originally released as a serial and I really loved them. After rereading, I was afraid I wouldn't feel the same as I did then, what with my ever-changing tastes. I am THRILLED to say I was just as enraptured now as I was then! I have become a very distracted reader as of late and it is too easy for me to put down a book at the slightest distraction. That is not the case with Deception So Deadly. I was engaged from start to finish and co
Krystianna
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS SO AWESOME. Full review coming soon!

Updated June 23, 2015

**Thank you to YA Bound Book Tours for providing me a copy for review**

Deception So Deadly started off with a bang. The reader is immediately introduced to Tessa Carson and her family who is on the run from Dennis Connelly, a murderer who has been hunting them for years. Every time Dennis comes close to catching them, they move away to a new place and go by new names, completely starting with a blank space every time.

The Carson f
Suzana Thompson
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's been a while since I was this riveted by a book. I read it straight through well into the night and the early hours of the next morning, because I had to know what happened next and then after that until the very end. The suspense was sustained through the entire book, and I really was not expecting the reveal at the end. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but there is still a problem that needs to be solved in the sequel. I'm so glad that the next book is coming out soon!

I'm a reader who alw
Amy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

I first picked up this book/serial series back when it came out in 2014 and I remember totally falling in love with it. It was the first of its kind and I thought it was so unique. I couldn’t get enough and certainly couldn’t wait for the next episode. So, imagine my surprise when I heard that these serials were going to be re-released with a new title and a new series. It’s been many years since I’ve read this books, but I couldn’t wait to dive in and re-read it again.

From the moment
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Your whole family but you is psychic and you're being chased after by a telepathic killer. You've moved countless times to avoid being caught when you meet Tristan, your first friend in years. There are rules to follow: no screaming, answer the phone on the first ring and leave nothing personal behind. Your family's powers help to avoid detection and stop those who put you in harms way while you feel inept because you are neutral (no powers). Tristan turns out to have secrets of his own and now ...more
Amber
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for providing me with a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

One of my favorite parts of Kensie’s writing are her characters. They’re always so interesting, with unique personalities and character traits, allowing me to create really vivid imaginings of them in my mind. In Deception So Deadly, Clara has once again created these intriguing characters for my (and your) reading pleasure. And this storyline! No dull moments as the Carsons fought to survive.
Sheri
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun! It's a "stay up too late to read just a few more chapters" kind of book! At first I thought it read like a typical family-in-hiding or witness protection story, but that changed quickly with the addition of some pretty awesome psychic abilities and several sudden plot twists (WOW WOW WOW!) that made the second half of the book very exciting. Readers will find themselves caring about the main characters Tessa and Tristan and anxiously awaiting the next book in what promises t ...more
Wendy Brant
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read thrillers, but Deception So Deadly had me rethinking my genre choices! I was glued to the story, especially once I got about a quarter of the way in and I had no idea who was good, who was bad, or what would happen next! I'll definitely be reading Deception So Dark when it is released in February!
Margie aka The Bumble Girl
Full review to be posted soon!!!
T.H. Hernandez
The story starts off with a bang as Sarah, aka Tessa, gets a text while sitting in class that it's time to run. Again. Something her family has been doing for the past eight years. Her family isn't normal. They have secrets. Secrets that the government wants.

Tessa doesn't make friends, because what's the point? But when they settle into Twelve Lakes, she's pursued by Tristan, a boy with beautiful blue eyes and broad shoulders. She initially pushes back, but she's a girl and he's a boy and...horm
Sania
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh God, where do I start with this book?! I loved it, of course. If you are craving a fast-paced, romantic thriller, with crazy plot twists and amazing writing, look no further. There are not many quality YA thrillers out there. Paranormal romance? Yes. Fantasy? Yes. Even dystopian? Definitely. But thrillers are rare to find. And I am so glad I got to read this one.

Deception So Deadly is about a girl and her family who are constantly on the run. Hiding, lying, never getting to be themselves, nev
Stephanie
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So glad to see the Run to You serial compiled in a full novel (just in time for the Romance Writers of America RITA awards for which this book was nominated!). Sometimes it's hard for me to turn off my writer brain. The fast pacing in this story had me flipping pages with barely a thought to my internal editor, so for that it gets my top ranking. I enjoyed the pure ride of this suspenseful YA about a family on the run due to their psychic and psychokinetic abilities. There was one particular twi ...more
Mary
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Wow. Overall thoughts? A very good book - special, even. I would give it 4 1/2 stars if that was an option. I won't say much about the plot, as it's difficult to do so without giving too much away. But here are some thoughts in general:
Positives:
1) Characters: Very vivid and well-rounded (whether "good guys" or "bad guys") - 3D rather than "cardboard cut-out" characters. You get to know them better and better as time goes on and this works very well.
2) Scenes: Quite immersing. I felt as as thoug
Fay Tannerr
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's not often you find a book that draws you in and just blows your mind! I just loved Deception So Deadly! It was an amazingly written ya novel filled with romance, mystery, suspense, betrayal and deception. I loved it from the very first the page!

All Tessa knows is to run. She and her family have been hunted by a telepathic killer. They have fled home after home, hiding behind aliases to survive. And Tessa is the only one in her family without a psychic ability. She then meets Tristan, whom s
Katy Goodwin
Once I started Deception So Deadly, I found that I couldn't stop! It is so good. It's about a normal girl named Tessa who is on the run with her not-so-normal family.

They all have powers, psionic ones to be precise:
Her father, Andy, is a remote viewer, and has a "mobile eye" and can see anyone wherever they go, as long as he has touched them.
Her mother, Wendy, is psychokinetic (can move objects with her mind, etc).
Her sister, Jillian, is also psychokinetic.
Her brother, Logan, is psychokineti
Caro
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

This was fun.

I read an old version of this story a few years back (when it was in 3 parts), and I enjoyed it. This time, I felt it was fun to revisit this new improved version.

We meet Tessa and her family, running away from some REALLY bad guy. From the start we see that this family is something special, and you’d think that was cool… except they are constantly running for their lives. :-(

In this, she meets Tristan, the first guy to love and the first person she really wants to open up
Kaeli
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel was full of unanswered questions, at least until I reached the end. Usually, when I read a novel I can kind of guess what is going to happen next, but in this novel, I was left wondering because a lot of the information was very subtly foreshadowed. After completing the novel I figured most of the information out by thinking about what happened in the beginning. I absolutely loved this novel with all of my heart, and honestly felt the emotions of the main character throughout the nove ...more
Idil
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a gem! Romance part was really good and satisfying, but the suspense aspect of this book blew my mind. The lies, the deceptions, you never guess what will happen next and the author succeeded to make you sit on the edge of your seat from the beginning until the end. And the way it is combined with romance was perfect.

What did happen? What will happen? What's happening???

All the characters have depth. The heroine is down to earth and mature. Tristan is... well, perfect :) The plot is ab
Robyn Clark
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read from Clara Kensie! YA and paranormal are definitely not my favorite genres but Clara has found a way to bring me into that world. The plot twists kept me at the edge of my seat while enjoying the development of the characters- especially the leads-Tristan and Tessa. Can't wait for the second "Deception So..." book to be released!
Anissa
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow what a mystery! I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. A family who is being chased because they have mysterious powers. They move place to place. Well they finally caught up to them and now the mystery unfolds or so you think... Now as we dig deeper the truth starts to unravel. This story had me glued to my Kindle and I can't wait for the sequels!!
Hannah
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75
Melleny
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

If you would like to see all my thoughts on this book, be sure to check out the review on my blog:

www.abooktropolis01.blogspot.co.za

But here is a snippet and overview of what I thought:

Overall, I was addicted to the story. I could not put this book down. It was impossible. With the light and fluffy flow of the writing and the addicting plot, I was held captive. It was really interesting and great to read this book. I definitely recommend this book! Thank you so much to the author and t
Kristen Swanson
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this paranormal romance- full of secrets and hope!
Danna
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a video review up on my booktube channel! Here is the link where I discuss my non-spoiler thoughts:

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Otherborn (Otherborn, #1)
  • First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts
  • A Virtuous Ruby (Migrations of the Heart, #1)
  • Normalish
  • Under His Skin (Alien Encounters, #1)
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • Worth the Fall (Brew Ha Ha #2)
  • God's Eye
  • Marked (The Soulseer Chronicles, #1)
  • Best Man for Hire (Front and Center, #3)
  • A Taste for Scandal (Sealed With a Kiss, #2)
  • Scary School
  • Chasing Crazy
  • Ant-Man #1
  • Wild Feelings
  • Turtle Bay
  • Thor (2014-2015) #5
  • Diamonds are Forever (The Secret Diamond Sisters, #3)
Winner of the 2015 RITA Award for Best First Book!

Clara Kensie grew up near Chicago, reading every book she could find and using her diary to write stories about a girl with psychic powers who solved mysteries. She purposely did not hide her diary, hoping someone would read it and assume she was writing about herself. Since then, she's swapped her diary for a computer and admits her characters ar

Deception So (2 books)
  • Deception So Dark (Deception So #2)