Start by marking “The Ego Trip (King's Harbor Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Ego Trip (King's Harbor Book 1)

The Ego Trip (King's Harbor Book 1)

Lori Cooper is The Love Doctor, a TV psychologist whose star is on the rise. Ten years ago, her detective father was murdered by the mob. When she learns he might not be dead after all, she follows clues that lead her to the coast of Maine.

Acting Sheriff Beau LaCombe isn’t a political animal. But after an inept and possibly crooked cop announces his candidacy for sheriff
Published May 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Ego Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ego Trip

Start your review of The Ego Trip (King's Harbor Book 1)
Ellen Behrens
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can probably count the number of romance novels I've read on the fingers of one hand... I'm just not a big fan of the usually contrived obstacles that thwart true love, the plucky heroines whose knees buckle at the mere glimpse of the dashing hero... but I picked up Madeline Olson's "The Ego Trip" because its setting is Maine's Mount Desert Island, one of my favorite places on the East Coast.

It's been years since climbing the Beehive at Acadia National Park, gobbling all the blueberry pie I co
Sharon Grow
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lorelei Keller’s (aka Lori Cooper “The Love Doctor”) plans have changed and instead of vacationing with friends she visits her grandmother at her assisted living home. On this day her grandmother, who is suffering the effects of dementia, is having a good day. Lori’s father was a police officer killed in the line of duty, but during her visit she is told, by the receptionist, that her father had recently visited. Who is the man who came to see her grandmother? Lori checks the guest register and ...more
Kelly DeMarco
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town hot Sheriff, a mystery and steamy chemistry make a great story

The Ego Trip (King’s Harbor Book 1) by Madeline Olsen is a very well written book with sexy tension, undeniable chemistry, suspense and tons of feels for this small town, big family setting.
Beau, is an absolute alpha that is so swoon-worthy with his need to protect and shelter his sisters and their children. He’s a big guy with a really big heart and wary of getting it stomped on. His number is up when he meets Lori. She ma
Norma Gorrill
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Ego Trip

Loved this story of love and intrigue. The story starts with a Dr and her radio show/tv show on how she could help people solve their problems. This was very interesting when the Dr. Sees a picture of her Father who was supposed to be dead. She tried to find him only to get herself into trouble with no rescue in sight. This was a free book and this is my review and mine alone. Norma Gorrill
Patricia Baxes
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really a great little read. Good storyline; interesting characters; some unexpected twists and turns; and a really sweet HEA. It took me a little bit to get into the story; but once I did—it was great. I have a feeling this series is going to be a winner! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and enjoyed it.) ❤️
Tonya Peterson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden secrets

This book was awesome a man that helping his whole family and trying to keep his community safe. When a attending sheriff and a women crosses paths their is instant attraction but they both have secrets and a puzzle to solve.
Tracey Tranter
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.

This is a suspenseful, sexy, tragically triumphant tale with plenty of drama, heart, heat, danger and mystery with a happy ever after

A great read.

I received a free copy of this book via Hidden Gems and am voluntarily leaving a review.

Jansen Schmidt
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful quick read. The author brought the setting to life with her real-life experiences and use of local jargon.
Karen Loomis
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read, but was a bit disappointed in the wrap up of the story. Overall, it was a good read and I will definitely read more by this author.
Joanne
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a series by a new author. The mystery/romance is set on Mt. Desert Island, Maine. Although it was set in the winter, it was a good summertime read.
Pat
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The storyline was well written and the characters were written with great detail which kept me totally glued to my kindle until the very last page was turned!
Drexa Geier
Andrea
Norma
Debbie Allen
Feb 08, 2019

• Come Home to Love (Aspen Ridge, #3)
  • Cut to Love (Aspen Ridge, #8)
  • Betrayal (Ann's War Mystery Series, #1)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • The Lawyer's Luck (Home to Milford College, #0.5)
  • His Rebel Bride
  • Mind Your Manors (A Flamingo Realty Mystery, #1)
  • Forgotten Trails (Montana Trails #5)
  • The Little White Christmas Lie
  • A Caribbean Christmas (Love Under the Sun: A Holiday Romance Book 1)
  • A St. Vincent Valentine (Love Under the Sun: A Holiday Romance Book 2)
  • Paranormal Nonsense (Blue Moon Investigations, #1)
  • Killer in the Kiwis (Lovely Lethal Gardens #11)
  • A Long, Cool Rain (The Delaneys of Cambria, #1)
  • Healing the Doctor (A Bride's Unexpected Joy, #4)
  • Christmas On Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers, #1)
  • The Quilter's Apprentice (Elm Creek Quilts, #1)
  • Mistletoe Madness (Santa's Secret Helpers #2)
I can’t remember a time when stories weren’t filling my head. This probably explains why my desk was often in the front of the classroom, even though I was typically the tallest kid.

While most of my career was spent as a corporate communications consultant, the jobs I didn’t hold as long provide the seeds for my fertile imagination. I've been a bartender, cocktail waitress, FM disc jockey, talent