Start by marking “Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)

Kingdom

(Avenues Ink #2)

Kelly Kavanagh was Liam’s happily ever after, his loyal princess. A lifeline to something better than any high school dropout could ever hope for…until the day she left to pursue a dream that didn’t include him and slowly his kingdom crumbled to the ground.

Liam O’Connell was the sun to Kelly’s everlasting moon, her painted prince. A strong and devoted soul to fight the w
Published May 23rd 2017 by A.M. Johnson Books

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom

Rebecca Woodward
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
The angst this story puts the characters through was courageous! I love these characters so much. The love they have for each other is breath taking. I cried and cried for them. The emotional roller coaster is wild. I was actually cheering towards the end and saying "finally" yay!! I can't wait to read the next installment. It will be epic!!!
Bev
I was in the mood for an angsty read without the craptastic NA dramafest that usually accompanies these type of books. I'm thrilled to say I got all the angst and feels I was wanting without the NA drama.

This author's writing just works for me, it's on point, tight and rich. That said, this book had a LOT of flashbacks, though they were done really well. Whilst I loved it, it's not on the scale of love I felt for Declan and Paige's story ...... because Declan.

Sarah/DragonflyReads
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
 photo AD17B7D6-3F6B-46F5-9F55-C8C3D71B75A5.jpg

Once again, AM Johnson pulls out all the stops. KINGDOM is so beautifully unique and surprising, it made the story utterly unputdownable.

The way Johnson weaves a fairy tale into the story is unlike anything I've read before and sets the bar as a romance for the ages. Well done!
A.M. Johnson
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
KINGDOM IS LIVE

Amazon AUS http://amzn.to/2rQQToF
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
This was my very first AM Johnson read, so I had very little idea as to what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

Kingdom is the second in the Avenues Ink series and features a second chance romance between Kelly Kavanagh, a girl wanting nothing more than to escape the small town she grew up in, and Liam O'Connell. A rough tattoo artist from the wrong side of the tracks, unable to let go of the responsibility to take care of his family. Even it it costs him his only chance at happiness.

Kelly had big dreams. She knew that if s
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AM JOHNSON.

Every damn time. I have read all of AMJ books. I was rooting for her at book one, and now to see her flourish into this profound author it's indescribable.

THE FEELS.

This was unlike any story I've come across, AMJ writing is again, a poetically, heart pounding experience.

Liam and Kelly from the very first encounter I knew they would steal my heart. AND THEY DID. I'm a sucker for angsty writing. I love the feel of my heart fluttering, and my eyes running across words that make my wo
book bruin
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A.M. Johnson has blown me away again with this beautifully broken second chance romance! I absolutely LOVED this book and Liam and Kelly! Just as in Possession, book 1 of the Avenues Ink series, the words transcended the page and I felt so lucky to experience this book. You don't just read this story. You feel it. You break with it. You heal with it. Although this is book 2 in the interconnected series, each book can be read as a stand alone.

Liam and Kelly were the perfect yin and yang. Sharp e
Alissa
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book 3 weeks ago and I'm still at a loss on how to express my love for this book! I have a book hangover of epic proportions and my love for Liam is bordering on obsession (don't judge!). I met Liam in Possession, and had no idea what to expect in his story. But if there's one thing I can count on when I start a book by A.M. Johnson, it's that the story will be entirely different than the last book she wrote. And yet, somehow her writing manages to blow me away even more with eac ...more
Stephanie Rose
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Possession was one of my favorite books this year, but AM Johnson knocked it out of the park and then some with Kingdom. When Liam, the eternal protector, falls in love, he loves hard. Kelly was his missing piece, his princess, and all he wanted to do was save her. Through different POVs, including a masterfully crafted fairy tale woven into the story, you feel everything. I finished in a day, unable to put it down because I loved Liam and Kelly that much. Kingdom is a beautifully written second ...more
Michelle Trzecinski
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I first started Kingdom I thought, “How could Johnson make Liam’s story better than Declan’s? I fucking LOVE Declan and Paige!” I didn’t think it was possible.

Boy was I wrong.

Right off the bat, I fell hard for our heroine, Kelly Kavanauh. #GirlCrush She’s a take-no-shit, outspoken, tenacious young woman. From the moment she met Liam she never backed down; always standing firm and speaking her mind. After growing up in a less than pleasant environment (abusive, alcoho
Joyce Mercês
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
description

Kingdom is book #2 in the Avenues Ink Series and it's Liam O'Connel and Kelly Kavanagh's story.

Kelly and Liam come from a similar background. But differently from him, who can't leave his family, Kelly wants to escape her life and start a new one with Liam.

When the time to go arrives, she goes, but Liam stays.

Liam hates Kelly for leaving. Kelly hates herself for going. Their love is still there, waiting to soar again.

Just like Possession, Kingdom is one of those books that makes you think and feel. It's not just a romance.
Melanie (mells_view)
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo 7C85518D-DC54-4F86-A19A-BF4479707B12_zpsfkyeivzm.jpg

This story was beautiful and amazing! A second chance romance that was a bit of a dark fairytale. Fate, undeniable connections, tragedy, and all that jazz. The writing is absolutely poetic. There is a story within this story, and it is so good! I feel like it could be expanded and made into it's own little series. I'd read it.

Kelly is a young girl who comes from bad circumstances. She thinks that all she has going for her is her beauty. Why? Because that's what she has been told.

photo 7C85518D-DC54-4F86-A19A-BF4479707B12_zpsfkyeivzm.jpg

photo 01C54282-A3BE-445C-B26B-5803A0D37C51_zpsyfpaeyrc.jpg

Liam is a young man who comes from bad circumstances. He had to grow up way too quickly, and had to take on responsibilities that were pretty dang heavy.

These two come together unexpectedly. Even though they don't look like a perfect match, they find out that they are, and in more ways than one! Fairytale characters come to life. That's how I see Liam and Kelly. Their story isn't easy, or simple, but it's full of emotion and feeling.

photo 38F13497-0A59-4DBE-98DE-0FDFFF3A6E1A_zps021kqupq.jpg

I'd love to gush and tell you every detail I loved, but that would spoil it all. I'd DEFINITELY read this book if I were you. It's a modern spin on a fairytale. Finding the one you know you're meant to spend forever with, but not having the easiest path to that forever!

AM Johnson did a FABULOUS job with this one, and I can't wait to see what comes next in book three!

photo 6523C4D3-56F2-4908-8ABE-4536EABFF20C_zpscdujyxq8.jpg
Grey
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Johnson was a new-to-me author, but I was intrigued by the blurb. Her words and the back story captivated me. The use of The Painted Prince... how poignant and eerily poetic the dark fairytale was for the main characters in this story.

You all know, I don't do spoilers. So, I will just tell you, this story kept my attention. Even though it is listed as #2 in the series, I didn't read #1 and although it talked about the charact
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Tell me your name" Stars!!!!!

Alright, *deep breath* let it out. My mind is all jumbled and my emotions are all over the place, so forgive me. This book, whoa, this book. *shakes head* I wish, man I can't even form coherent sentences right now. Just thinking about this story and the characters is bringing tears to my eyes and I can't think straight. But, as I was saying, I wish I had the perfect words, because this book des
Phyllis Smith
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A.M. Johnson knocked it out of the park with this book! Amazing is an understatement. This is a second chance book that will have your attention right from the beginning. You will definitely go through all of the emotions with this book. There wasn't one part of this book that I didn't like.
Liam and Kelly had rough childhoods to say the least. But when they found each other, they found their other half. It is not an easy journey for them at all. Through their struggles, their love remained. But
French Press Bookworm Blog
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't love this one like I did the first. The way it was written was at times confusing. And while I get these two were a mess from the start I wish I got more of them together that what was in the book. They were so sweetly broken is the only way to paint them. I wanted way more of the sweet but felt like the broken bits took up most of the book. I'm really hoping poet isn't like that. Overall I enjoyed it but didn't love it this go around

3.5-4 stars
Jamie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Love and hate—you’d never be able to understand what each word meant without the other."

Where Declans story was more of I quite strength, Liams was that bold strength. The leader, the hot head. And the way A.M. Johnson told his story was so passionate and full of love. I thought I knew Kelly in the first book but how wrong was I?! I had her pegged all wrong. Her story is powerful and strong. I love how her and Liams jagged pieces fit together.

"...he’s my dark knight, my painted pri
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
"... he would never be a Prince Charming on a white horse." But he was perfect. PERFECT ♥.

Review to follow!
BexLOVESBooks
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My gosh you guys this book was SO beautiful.

The writing was out of this world perfection. If you haven't read POSSESSION, well, READ IT, but know that you don't have to read it to enjoy this phenomenal book.

The story reads as a fairy tale, and woven in to the plot is so much unrelenting passion and emotion.

I felt this book cover to cover and I didn't want to put it down, didn't want it to end, however the ending could not have been more perfect.

AM Johnson has a reader for life right here. xx
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author via Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you AM Johnson and Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR!

I want to start off by saying that I wasn't a huge fan of Possession, and that I was a little on the fence about this book. I was wondering if I was going to like it since the first one hadn't spoken to me. Let me tell you that that fence is destroyed. I loved this book!

I really liked the constant parallel with the c
BookishContessa
If you thought that Possession was as good as it can get.
you are WRONG.
Did I cry? Fuck yes!
Liam has this bad ass look but he is quite the opposite from the inside, He and Kelly made mistakes, and fixed them in their own twisted ways, AGAIN A.M. didn't fail me at all, this was just another masterpiece that was written by her, words too strong and characters even stronger.
I really, truly can't put it in to words all I can say is..
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS BOOK. ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Fairy-tale CROWNS

As with all of A.M. Johnson's novels. Kingdom is beautifully written story that intertwines the past, the present, and a fairy-tale that connects Liam and Kelly from the time they are young. The artistry behind this story, and all of her stories, is what keeps me coming back as a reader.

Liam is a very serious man, forced into growing up much sooner than he should have in order to take care of his family. As a
Tina H
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A.M Johnson does it again!! I LOVE Liam!! I am not saying that I love him more than his bother Declan, because Declan will always have a very special place in my heart. But ever since Possession I wanted to know Liam’s story and now that I do I love him even more.

"It was careless to want her. Her shattered edges matched mine. I’d never be able to give her the freedom she wanted."

Liam has such a beautiful soul and the description of him that I am about to attempt will not do him any justice! Liam is passion
 LizLovesBooks
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 "Once Upon a Time" ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kelly & Liams story was so beautiful, I was excited going in to Kingdom, after meeting Liam in Possession I knew I just HAD to read his story.

photo Instasize_0529172105_zpse7dvpkdb.jpg

Kelly. I loved Kelly, she knew where she wanted to be, even though Liam didn't like it. I think she 100% made the right decision, it just wasn't their time yet. She had to make that decision because Liam couldn't. His life was with his brothers and mother. He had a business to run, it couldn't fail, because then he'd have fai
Karlee DeCol
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHH!!!*! Review to come.....
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
PDL's Rating: 4.5 ' Kingdom' Punches (Really Liked)

Kingdom, I am not even sure how to express my feelings for this beautifully, heart-wrenching book. This author’s writing is stealing my heart more and more as each book is released. I eat up her words the way I eat up dessert after a few months of deprivation!

Liam was introduced in the first book of this series and I already felt so much then, but in Kingdom – to truly see him in his world. Gosh, his story devastates me.
J.A. DeRouen
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, A.M. Johnson has blown me away with her beautiful storytelling and lyrical prose. She has a way of sucking me in from the very first page and never letting go. She wove an intricate web of love, loss, and sacrifice that had me gripping my heart as I read.
My favorite line:
“My night had always needed his sun. Liam was mine, we were sewn together, heart and soul, patched up with steel thread and leather patches.”

Kingdom was my first 6 star read of the year and I have no do
Heather C
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2017
First of all, Kingdom can be read as a standalone. It is book 2 in the Avenue Ink series but it can be read as a standalone and you won't feel like you are missing anything. With that being said, I was excited to get Liam's story. When I first met him in Possession, I knew I wanted to know more about him.

Liam met Kelly when he was just nineteen years old. There was something about her that just pulled to him and their pasts connected them together. They both had very rough and very similar chil
Tre Talbot
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The time has come for the King and Queen to share their story. Liam and Kelly’s story is heart wrenching and absolutely beautiful. This is a standalone in a series and you don’t need to read them in any particular order but I am and was in love with Possession now that I’ve finished Kingdom I have to say that this is my favorited the two brothers at the moment but it’s such a close call. This story has you consumed and completely pulled in to the intensity of the story you feel as though your fa ...more
Marla Josephs
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this author. This book 2 was just as powerful as Possession. Kelly and Liam's story also starts out heartbreaking. A.M. Johnson loves breaking your heart, but she at least puts you back together. I find myself having so much to say, and not knowing what to say when it comes to this author.
The narrators also did such a great job.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• One Cut Deeper (A Killer Need, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Fall Back Skyward (Fall Back, #1)
  • Brothel: The Magnolia Diaries
  • Finding Serenity (Unexpected Love #2)
  • Heart's Ease (Northwomen Sagas, #2)
  • Remember Me Always
  • Gangster
  • Partners in Crime (Gambling on Love #3)
  • Lost in Dreams (Destined for Dreams, #1)
  • Running with the Devil (Plantain MC Series, #1)
  • In the Rough (Diamond Girls, #3)
  • The Fabulist
  • Grand Passion/Absolutely, Positively
  • Reno
  • Day (Hero Society, #2)
  • Worth the Chance (Blue Falls, #1)
  • Living With Regret (The Regret Series, #1)
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

Avenues Ink (3 books)
  • Possession (Avenues Ink, #1)
  • Poet (Avenues Ink #3)