Start by marking “Prom, Magic, And Other Man-Made Disasters (Settfyrian Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prom, Magic, And Other Man-Made Disasters (Settfyrian Chronicles, #1)

Prom, Magic, And Other Man-Made Disasters (Settfyrian Chronicles #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Before Tessa can confess her feelings to her long-time crush, he beats her to the punch and confesses his love—for her best friend, Maria. Missing the crush of her dreams and her stag wingman for prom, Tessa’s on the prowl to make it a night to remember, and for more than the humiliation. Determined to not be the only dateless girl at the prom in Small Town USA, she asks t ...more
Published by Curiosity Quills Press (first published November 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Prom, Magic, And Other Man-Made Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom, Magic, And Other Man-Made Disasters

Kayla
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got sent this book in exchange for a honest review, all my opinions are my own and thank you so much to the publishers for sending me this book!

I would just highly reccomend this if you want a funny, fast paced and adventurous book. It was just a very fun time reading this.
Ayah
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Can’t you just do what he did and pop out?”

“Absolutely not! He used blood, and I will not taint my soul.” Of course the bad guy uses blood sacrifice to fuel his magic. No wonder villains spent so much time laughing. They had it in the bag. Right, stop thinking like a villain.
********************************
Basic Keywords and Intro:

- The 1st book in the Settfyrian Chronicles.
-  First person POV.
- When Tessa’s long-time crush tells her that he is in love with her best friend (Maria), her world g
Jessica Jones
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prom Magic, and Other Man-Made Disasters, is one a great High-school drama book. True to the genre, contains all the average high-school drama, jealousy, friends, and of course BOYS. Tessa has caught the attention of one of the cutest boys in high-school, and it's Prom season! Only said boy wants her best-friend Maria, how does he tell her by giving her a letter to give to Maria but of course Tessa reads it, I mean c'mon! The letter was asking to be read, and rewritten, and delivered...Tessa han ...more
Amy
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ARC/E-book/YA: I would like to thank NetGalley for giving me this ebook in lieu of an honest review. While I didn't hate the book, I was not too crazy about it. I was only able to finish the book if I skipped through the fight scenes. I would get the gist of the battle and move on. When I saw battle scenes, that is the Micky Mouse moment she has with laundry and wash buckets.

When I saw the cover of this and read part of the summary, I really thought this was going to be more like "Denton Little
Jen
To see my full review of this title, visit my book blog, So Few Books, at: https://sofewbooks.blogspot.com/2018/...!

This book starts out pretty slow, with not much really happening except a bunch of typical teenage angst. But once magic starts to seep into the tale, the pace finally begins to pick up a bit. And once the scene shifts out of our reality, things become even more heated.

There are so many interesting and intriguing characters... Many of them seemed to have alternate personalities at
Books In Brogan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This one started out pretty slow the writing is good however, it felt like it took a long time to get to the meat of the story. Once past the first few chapters the pacing picks up and it was a good read.This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
CrazyCat (Alex)
I liked Prom, Magic and Other Man-Made Disasters more than I thought I would when I started the book. It was a slow start for me, but once I got in to the story it was a ride filled with magic, adventures and a dash of fairy tale. Hoping for more books in this series.
I chose to read this book and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. Thanks to NetGalley and Curiosity Quills Press!
Janet Ellis
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I thought I wasn't going to like this book at first. It started with lots of teen angst and drama. That soon changed into a wild ride of adventure, magic and fairy tales. I loved every minute and hope Ms. Rockford is planning more!
Crystal Perkins
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a fun read. I enjoyed all the magic and how it was cast.
The MC Tessa gets rejected by the boy she wants to go to prom with. Then she meets a new boy in town named Sean. However Sean isn't your average guy. He's a wizard from a different land. When things get hectic Tessa finds herself in his different land fighting for her life and her friends freedom.
It did get a bit confusing here and there but I got through those parts just fine.
I enjoyed this adventure.
Happy reading!
Tonja Drecker
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Teenage drama mixes with adventurous magic, sending this story into a whole new twist in the world of fairy tales, dragons and maybe getting that date for prom.

When Tessa's high school crush breaks her heart by shoving a note in her hand and asking her to give it to her best friend, so he can ask her to prom, she's sure life has turned into a disaster, but she has no clue how bad things are going to get. Not when the new boy in town takes an interest in her. Not only is the guy the son of a powe
Margo
Denise Hayden
Jan 13, 2018
Lissa Hawley
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was very creative and had engaging characters. Grammatically the writing was fine, but at times the plot/pacing got a little jumbled or confused. Like the author was adding too many things at once, in a hurry. It came off a bit like a record that was skipping some things being repeated needlessly and others left out that would have added clarity. For example there were a couple of places that it was clear there was a great deal more, intriguing world building in the author's head that ...more
Bamagirl6286
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
No Spoilers!!! A twist of teenage drama! An adventurous teenage story with dragons, magic, wizards and even heartbreak.. Tessa is in love, the person she is in love with is also in love......This is where the twist begins.... MY 13 year old daughter read and reviewed Prom, Magic and other Man-Made Disasters with me and she enjoyed.it. An overall good read.
Michelle Hauck
Nicole
Chelsea
Cheryl Bradley

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Leave Myself Behind
    $15.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)