Start by marking “Stay Close (For You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay Close (For You, #1)

Stay Close

(For You #1)

A former Russian mafia soldier is hired to protect a friend’s young daughter, but he knows he’ll do more than keep her safe–he’ll make her his. Forever.

If she were to simply whisper my name, I would be at her feet, begging to touch what I shouldn’t, taste what doesn’t belong to me, run my hands along the sweet innocence she taunts me with.

Penelope Justice is eighteen, old
ebook
Published July 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stay Close, please sign up.
alan lefevre Old in the face and young in the waist.

Start your review of Stay Close (For You, #1)
Coco.V
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
You don't read Alexa Riley for plot and intrigue but when it comes to fast, hot, and sugary sweet romance with smoking-hot sexy times, you can trust these two ladies to give you their best. :D ...more
Sophia Triad
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ivan:
1. Far from a boy
2. That beast was all man, maybe even something more.
3. Dark and deadly
4. His confidence is sexy

Some of Penny's descriptions about Ivan, not mine.

"Not this one, Penny." Her sister's advice.

But Penny has already made her choice.
Alexa Riley has created another interesting male specimen and since I am a sucker for bodyguard stories, I loved the book...
♡Tonya♡
**FREE RIGHT NOW!!** (AS OF12/28/17)

IT'S LIVE!

**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Totally loved this story. It was nice to revisit Paige and Ryan in this story about their daughter Penelope. Once again, they give us sweet, sexy and safe!

I love both Ivan and Penelope.

Ivan was dark. He started his life in an orphanage and soon was living on the streets of Russia. He wasn't proud of what he had done because deep down, he longed for what he never had his whole life - love,
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was an okay read. Ivan and Penny were cute and I liked that it was a little lengthier than AR usually does (novella wise). Definitely interested in finding out what happens with Pandora next.

Only gripe I have is that I didn't really connect with either character enough to find them memorable. Yes they were adorable together and AR still writes crazy OTT hot smexy times but I don't see myself pulling this one out to re-read any time soon.

Will say that AR doesn't disappoint with the swoon-wor
Hana ♡
4.5 Stars!

This is the first book in the For You series and it follows the story of Ivan & Penelope. Penelope is the daughter of Paige and Captain Ryan. Growing up, Penelope and her twin sister Pandora had bodyguards due to their parents work at Osbourne Corp. At the age of 18 Penelope gets a new bodyguard by the name of Ivan. And this sexy Russian decides then and there that he's going to do a lot more than protect this girl. He is going to own her...

"She is mine. I feel it deep down in a place
Gi's Spot Reviews
Yay!!!! We all wanted more of the For Her world, right?! Well, we got our wish, with this For You series, featuring the For Her babies, that aren't babies any longer!
And what a better way to start than with the 'heart' of the Captain and Paige's family - who I was so excited to got one more glimpse of, they get better and better, and even more kickass! -, one of their twin girls, Penelope!
Stay Close was all that sugary sweet smuttiness and Ivan and Penelope were the perfect match in every way,
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Remember Captain and Paige from His Alone (For Her, #2) by Alexa Riley . It's one of their twins turn to fall.

Penelope/Penny loves to take care of her parents and sister and is a pro at escaping her body guards. Then they hire Ivan to guard her...and it's pure Alexa Riley insta-love and hot bedroom times. I really wanted more story..her to get kidnapped and Ivan rescue her...what debt is he repaying to Paige. On the plus side there are two epilogues, plus so much good stuff but I don't do spoilers.

Can't w
Jayme
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars. You loved Captain and Paige story from His Alone? You need to know the love stories of their children. And naturally, no one is doing instalove like Alexa Riley.

The heroine, Penelope is a sweet and quiet one of the twin sisters. But they both like to make some trouble, and for their safety their parents employ bodyguards. Ivan is the new one for Penelope. At first sight he admires her, but his dark past does not allow him to get close to someone so sweet and innocent. She has a differ
Denna
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this! The hero was so freaking sweet, seriously one of the sweetest heroes I have read and I just ate it up. So ready for more :)
Alex ♈
I desperately needed a safe sexy read.
Well, who delivers it better than AR? 😉

It was of course safe, but too short on the sexy side.

I know, it's unethical and shallow, but I wanted less mental battle, more fu sex.
Yep, my inner slut wasn't quite satisfied.

As to the plot itself, ok I guess.
Looking forward to her sister's story, the girl is more my caliber.

Google knows everything:
"beauty" translated from russian to English is "krasota and not "krasotu".
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Missy's Book Obsession
This was a great start to the series. I really enjoyed Ivan and the way he was towards penny. This was a sweet and short romance. Can't wait to to read Pandora's story next. ...more
Maria...
" 3,5 My Beauty Stars"

This was a sweet and hot short book!

I really enjoyed Ivan and Penelope. They were so right for each other. Penelope was the soft, sweet, innocent part that was missing from Ivan's life. And Ivan was the strong protector that would keep Penelope's heart safe and cherish it forever and ever until the end of time. (A bit dramatic here...:/)

Anyway, the best part of this book was the fact that Penelope actually had a great family who loved her. It wasn't another lost girl witho
*TANYA*
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh, it was okay!!! Super short but still entertaining.
Cami
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t realize before I started this that it is more of a short story. I did enjoy it but you will want to keep in mind that because it is a short book, it doesn’t have the character development that other full books have. That said, it was still a cute read.

For being as short as it is I still was able to get into the story and the characters.

These characters are polar opposites and this book is absolutely the epitome of insta-love!!

OH....I almost forgot.....it is super EROTIC!
Talltree
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Jenny
Jul 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
When I read this type of book I expect breeding, lots and lots of babies and lots of steamy scenes. This book had neither! Very disappointing read from my favorite author. Are we sure Alexa Riley wrote this?
Dee's Reading Zone
Enjoyable read! This was Ryan (Captain) and Paige's 18 year old twin daughter's Penelope story. Penelope was the girly twin to her sassy sister Pandora but still she was able to outsmart all of her previous bodyguards until she falls for her new Russian bodyguard, Ivan. There story was quick and sweet but exciting all the same. Paige was still clever to bring Ivan onboard and she had a major hand in selecting Ivan for the light of her family: Penelope.

Pandora's story is next in Hold Tight!

3.5 s
Erin
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
OMG. MORE.
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Not my favorite Alexa Riley, but still full of AR goodness – an OTT alpha hero obsessed with his heroine. Review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
CC
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: hoopla, safe-for-me
Short and sweet. Insta everything. Very young heroine not sure how old the hero is, but not young.
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
"Stay Close" is the story of Penelope and Evan.
When Ivan is hired as a bodyguard for Penelope Justice, the innocent and naughty one of twin daughters of Paige and Ryan, he never expects to be floored by her wit and charm and falls for her instantly.
It's the same insta-love plot, but this time with a backstory.
It was wonderful to see Paige and Ryan again, having their HEA and their twins.
Pandora and Penelope have a sweet sister bond- and I can't wait to read more about the former. I hope we get b
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Wow! I didn't see this coming. Ivan and Penelope are so flipping sweet and too stinking cute!

When you read the dynamic duo of OTT insta-everything you know what to expect, right? Hot and steamy with a side of insta-love and a smidge of alpha bad-ass behavior. You get most of that in Stay Close, but Ivan is broken, lonely, and so sweet. I adore his character!

Here's the breakdown: Paige and Captain hire Ivan as a bodyguard for their 18 year old daughter Penelope. Penelope is bubbly, caring, and a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The queens of short stories have created another cute read. Stay Close is your typically AR short story. It's the story of Penelope Justice. A twin daughter of Ryan and Paige from His Alone (For Her series #2). Since they were brought up in this book, I'm hopeful we'll get stories about her sister Pandora and their cousin Henry next.

Paige and Ivan's love happened as quickly as her parents. There's only a brief hiccuping these characters and their relationship but they were able to overc
Zenki the Pixie
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Insta-love alerrrt.

I don't read much steamy novels so I really can't reliably criticize and compare, but I think the romance was written well. Relatively. I don't know. If the characters fell in love under saner circumstances I would have been head over heels with the story. I think. The alternating perspectives and the descriptions were worthy. I honestly don't know what else to say.
Elaine
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was perfect as always but I wanted a little more...

Before reading: Fuck, until july? That's too much😭
Laurie
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Has anyone checked on the Alexa Riley duo lately? I’m beginning to think they’ve been kidnapped by aliens and replaced…I say this because this was sweet. Real sweet. And tame. And I almost fell asleep while reading it. There was no OTT craziness. No alpha heavy-handedness. The sex scenes were practically gentle and tame. The only thing that had any similarity to the bat shit crazy shenanigans I am used to is the fact Ivan saw her and fell in love with one look.

Let’s talk about Ivan. He was a pus
Shayna
stay close ig pic

STAY CLOSE was a quick and sexy read, full of AR's signature alpha-licious heroes, insta-love connections, and sweet happily ever afters. If I'm looking for a quick getaway from reality, the love stories of the dynamic duo that make up Alexa Riley, is always my first stop! Sometimes as a romance reader, I need a little 'over the top' love story, and Alexa Riley BRINGS IT each and every time. I'm excited to see what the girls will do with this new series, and I'm excited for everyone else to
L. McCoy
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: hoopla, reviewed, audio
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
Cheesy, predictable but fun. So yeah that’s basically what I expect from AR. I will add that this is the first book in a series and it was cute enough to add book 2 to my reading list. I also very much like the narrators of the audio edition, they did a fantastic job.
For story itself it is fairly interesting but yeah, it’s predictable and cheesy. Mindless fun to help pass time though.

3/5
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's maybe my fav book of Alexa. 'Maybe' because I enjoyed all these authors books. Vut this one... It somehow special. I can't explain. I enjoyed from the start to the end. It's light, it's sexy, it's sweet. I loved both, Ivan and Penelope. They are perfected toghter. His dark needs light in his life. And she's full of it. So much of sunshine, that no darkness could ever over shadow it. That's why they are made for each other.

Now I'm so looking forward to Pandoras, Penelopes twin sisters, story

• Pound of Flesh
  • Mine to Keep
  • Devour Me, Baby (A Yeah, Baby Novella)
  • Alpha Male (A Real Man #14)
  • Starlet
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea

For You (3 books)
  • Hold Tight (For You, #2)
  • Don’t Go (For You, #3)