Start by marking “When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance #10)” as Want to Read:
When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance #10)

When Doves Cry

(Mile High Romance #10)

In the final book of the Mile High Romance series, we lose someone we've come to love throughout the series.

Simon is working at Stormy Nights Kennel to help Alex and Shane get through a hard time. But when tragedy strikes the family, the rebuilding comes from an unlikely source.
Published August 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about When Doves Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Doves Cry

Start your review of When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance #10)
Trio
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOTE
My review of the whole series of audiobooks is up on the blog. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.kimmerseroticbookbanter.co...

If you're an audiobook fan, I highly recommend doing the series this way - it was an incredible experience going through one of my all-time favorite series this way.

My Original Review of Book 10

Extreme Angst Alert!
Oh. My. Gracious - what a way to end the series.

This is a tough review to write without spoiling the story but make sure you have
Ricardo
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book felt extremely rushed, at times I felt like I was reading the outline and not the final project, too many things left out, too many things happening too fast, etc

It was an okay story full of drama and a few surprises
Lelyana
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc, from-author, mm, short
I'm sorry, dishing a previous HEA from the first book really didn't work for me, and I'm glad I didn't read the first book, Alex and Shane's story just to know that it was not a HEA after all.
If only there's no story between Alex and Shane had been written, I could probably like and enjoying the story with Simon.
I know I'm being ridiculous, but whatever the reason, or how much Simon need Shane that Alex should be out of the picture, is beyond me.
I just can't. I didn't know Alex because I didn't
Emily Seelye
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m
Im finding this one hard to rate. The writing was good, but I did not like the story itself. I thought it a waste of a story and somewhat boring.

This book also messes with a previous couples HEA. Most of the book is Simon taking care of Shane's son while he's grieving. They don't even get together until towards the end.

While I don't actively seek them out, I do enjoy reading books where widows/widowers find love again when done well. This unfortunately was not the case.

I think the only people
Dara Nelson
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-blog
Some books make you sigh, some books make your heart beat faster, some try your patience and some, if you're lucky, shatter your heart into a thousand pieces. How can I say that's lucky, that it's a good thing? Because those books, those stories, make you feel everything. You cry, you hope, you agonize and then, and then, you begin to feel something amazing as the author, as the characters, cradle those pieces of your heart lovingly in their hands and slowly, beautifully, put it back together ...more
avid reader 1
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Doves Cry is the first book I've read by this author. This work had the bones to become a real tearjerker, but it was not fleshed out enough for a new reader to feel the pain of those left behind.
The life altering moment in the first of the book was not as emotional as I would have liked for it to be. I was shocked but not teary. I did not have time to love the character, so I needed more in the relationship from which I could feed my grief. Or more internal agony by the MC. I saw the
Laurie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And cry you will. You will ride an emotional rollercoaster. You will wonder what the author was thinking when she wrote this story. Because if youve read this series, then you know the couple that started it, Alex and Shane. They also finish it, since this is the last story. I do think you need to read this series in order.

I was so upset at the start of this book, and yet I kept reading. I know this author and I knew there had to be a reason for what happened. And there was. Simon needed Shane
Bobbi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Doves Cry, book ten and the final book in the Mile High Romance series by Aria Grace. I absolutely loved this story! Not all stories are happy, happy, happy! The better ones have everything. They tear you apart and put you back together again. Thats what this book does. No one likes to see a favorite character die, but thats life. Stuff happens and the living have to move on. This is a fabulous storyline with exceptional characters and I loved every minute of it. Fantastic book in a ...more
Dana
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I actually started reading this whole series after hearing about this book. I binge listened to the audio series and 10 days after listening to the first book, I was listening to this one. It was a little bit difficult especially because these characters were fresh in my mind and learning one of them wouldn't make it, made me so nervous, but at the same time, I'm an angst junkie, so I wanted to listen so bad. I definitely shed a tear or two, and there were moments that had me a little ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Emotions run high while reading this last book in the series, there were times I had to stop and take a moment. We first fell in love with Shane and Alex when they found their way to each other in a previous story, but to lose on at the beginning of this story was so unexpected and heart wrenching. With Simon in the mix to help and look after the little boy who is wondering if his father is ever going to get past the depression and find his way back to them was simply heartbreaking. Finding love ...more
Esther Alayeto
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An emotional roller coaster that really makes you feel everything right along with the characters. It is a beautiful story about moving on. Wonderful characters that are well developed and complex. This story will make you cry but it is a great story that does get to its HEA.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Judy
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This last book of the series is short, and sad. I won't say why, but wish there was more time at the end with what eventually happens. This series has been a mixed bag, but mostly enjoyable, albeit too short in length of each book. Not enough meat to sink my teeth into. I still read them all and enjoyed my time with these guys.
Amy
Well, I've done it the wrong way, but it seems like I have another series to read. Reading the last book in a series is not the way to go, especially with this one and the way it ends. Beautifully written and gut wrenching, I feel Shane's devastation and Simon's guilt, and the desperate need to take care of Shane and Jake. I will for sure be reading this series soon!
Kaila
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i'm not entirely sure i have words.. this was amazing.. this was heartbreaking.. i am broken..and yet it was also truly superb and amazing... it is so hard.. i am devastated.. i am happy.. i am feeling so many emotions it isnt even funny. lol. this was amazing.. i am so glad i got to review it
Angel
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mm
This story is very good and way emotional. The writing is amazing, as I've come to expect from this author. I do wish it was a bit longer, though.
*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.*
Kim
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author and I love this series. This is a mm contemporary story. This book gutted me. It was over too quick, I want more, more more. So sad to see this series over. Get the tissues for this one.
Sallyann
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series of books and I'm so sad to see it end but wow what an ending it is. These characters will live in my heart for a long long time. I just wish that this was a little longer because I wasn't ready for it to be over. Thank you Aria for a fantastic series!
T.L. Travis
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a way to end the series

I'm blown away, not sure how to feel after reading this emotional rollercoaster. I've loved this series and all of its characters, but am still sad and stunned.
Heather Rawlins
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked When Doves Cry. It was sad and slow and sweet all in one book. I liked Shane and Simon and that their roles were shaken up. I would definitely recommend this story.
Bonnie
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ugly cry book

I cried more tears reading this book than any other book. Another beautifully written book by Aria Grace. I was not emotionally prepared for this one.
iDreem2

Jan 31, 2020
Janette
Oct 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• More Than Everything (Family, #3)
  • What He Left Behind
  • It Was Always You
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Not His Kiss to Take
  • Dance (West End #1)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • With the Band
  • Spring Forward (Superbia Springs #1)
  • In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1)
  • Pour lui
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Birthday with His Omega (Mapleville Omegas #7)
  • Miracles sous le sapin
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • The Jock's Trap
  • Blue Valentine

Mile High Romance (10 books)
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance, #2)
  • When I'm Lost (Mile High Romance, #3)
  • When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)
  • When I Fall (Mile High Romance #5)
  • When Whiskey Stops Working (Mile High Romance #6)
  • When Thunder Rolls (Mile High Romance, #7)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)
  • When Words Fail (Mile High Romance, #9)

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...