Start by marking “An Impossible Distance to Fall” as Want to Read:
An Impossible Distance to Fall

An Impossible Distance to Fall

A story about falling―falling from grace, falling in love―as well as soaring to heights you wouldn’t know were possible if you never stepped out into thin air.

It’s 1930, and Birdie William’s life has crashed along with the stock market. Her father’s bank has failed, and worse, he’s disappeared along with his Jenny biplane.

When Birdie sees a leaflet for a barnstorming
Published June 4th 2019 by Sky Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about An Impossible Distance to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Impossible Distance to Fall

Start your review of An Impossible Distance to Fall
Lea (drumsofautumn)
DNF @ 45%

It is rare that I decide not to finish a book almost halfway through but sadly it is the case with this one! I really wanted to give Miriam McNamara another chance after not really loving THE UNBINDING OF MARY READE but I just found myself incredibly bored by this one.
I didn't really have any particular issues with this book as I had with the author's debut but I was simply ruining out of patience to wait for this story to pick up.

Booktube Channel Twitter Instagram

I received an ARC
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
ARC kindly provided by Sky Pony Press in exchange for an honest review

:-(

rtc
Laurie
Jun 25, 2019 added it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I loved this exciting, smart, romantic, and completely original historical YA novel by Miriam McNamara! AN IMPOSSIBLE DISTANCE TO FALL takes place in 1930, just after the stock market has crashed and Birdie Williams’s charmed life has shattered along with it. Birdie goes out in search of her beloved father, who disappeared after losing a whole lot of people’s money when his bank failed. A talented dancer with an adventurous spirit, Birdie joins a barnstorming circus as a wing walker, dancing on ...more
CR
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story that is set during the turn of the century is one that I was really hoping to enjoy and I have to say that I did!! It was a thrilling ride with so many twists and turns. Bridie's story was one I won't soon forget!! I love how these authors are making characters that feel so real. They are not perfect and that makes me love them even more. The setting to this one came alive page by page and I have to say that if you love historical fiction added with thrill-seeking action then this one ...more
Karen
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. A classic sort of storyline in an unusual and interesting setting.
Diane
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fiction
Fantastic historical with everything you could want in a good read: romance, danger, conflict, and a heroine who struggles but finally finds her way. The aerial action is thrilling!
Giselle
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is very good, romance basically but better.
Clara
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up because I need more historical lesbians.
Kathleen
Nov 01, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019
Queer content: MC has a crush on her best friend, later f/f relationshipish
Chris
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so incredible! It was captivating from line 1 through the many fantastic twists and turns! It was fully immersive in the world of the time. The characters were wonderfully realized. The romance was stellar. It explored class, race, queer identity through the lens of the depression era. I was stunned start to finish. I need everyone out here reading it!
Leah
Dec 04, 2019
Addison
Oct 20, 2019

• The Weight of the Stars
  • Of Ice and Shadows (Of Fire and Stars, #2)
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Our Own Private Universe
  • Kiss Number 8
  • Deposing Nathan
  • The Downstairs Girl
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Pulp
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles, #1)
  • Wild and Crooked
  • The Wise and the Wicked
  • The Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James
  • Lies We Tell Ourselves
  • Missing, Presumed Dead
  • Outrun the Wind
  • The Grief Keeper
Miriam McNamara was born in Ireland, raised in the Southern US, and is a new, proud resident of the Midwest. She has dressed up as some variation on pirate for Halloween more years than she has not—her favorite still being Rollerskating Pirate, circa 2003. She has an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Arts, where The Unbinding of Mary Reade won the Norma Fox Mazer Award for a YA work-in-progress. ...more