Start by marking “Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It” as Want to Read:
Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It

Read Book* *Different edition

Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It

You’re on a road trip with an old man and a younger one.

Business stories are told. Wisdom is revealed. A new perspective emerges. Companies like Costco and Kodak, General Motors and Walmart provide color and texture as they appear on the horizon and in the rearview mirror. Real companies. Real decisions. Real outcomes. Jeff Bezos and Amazon give this road trip its rhythm
Published June 2nd 2017 by Wizard Academy Press

To ask other readers questions about Be Like Amazon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Like Amazon

Steve Sarner
Wanna be like Amazon? Then don’t eat the marshmallow.

This book totally surprised me. It is like no other business book I have ever read. Are there other business books like it? Perhaps, but I haven’t read one.

And I read a lot of business books.

This really caught me by surprise; a pleasant surprise.

Semi-Spoiler Alert: I will provide a little flavor on why it was so different for me below. If you would like to come at it completely fresh – stop reading now.

Ok – so what is this all about and what
JuanMartitegui
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the Best 5 Business Books I've ever read.

The wizard did it again. This book is profound and applicable, simple but insightful that I'll be making it mandatory read for everybody that's in my company and joins from now on. Before I used to make them read several books (some dry and boring) but know I have this.

Thanks for writing it. And thanks for writing it in a way that's digestible, engaging, funny and entertaining.

Just stop reading this review and buy the book for you, your employee
Jim Sterne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, provocative and Wiley useful

It doesn't matter that I've known Bryan and Jeffrey for a decade and a half. It doesn't matter that this book is written with gentle humor and a sweet smile. It doesn't matter that you can finish reading it on an airplane. What matters is that this book is packed with solid business smarts and specific instructions on taking advantage of insightful thinking, based on published examples. Read this book. Now. Seriously.
Laurierhoads
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MUST READ FOR ANY CEO: Big or Small Business

As a cereal CEO, founder of many businesses and start-ups, I've always been looking for something, which will make my job easier. Though an easy route isn't what I seek, I've always known that running a business isn't for the faint of heart, therefore any single advantage to make things work a little better is always welcomed.

I wish I had read this book when I started my first companies. Thankfully I finally found it. This outlines things I never an
Maheesh Jain
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great business book that covers the 4 pillars of Amazon's success and how any business can replicate them. It's a fast read and as a bonus - doesn't read like a textbook. Covers areas that you may have read about before in isolation, but goes further and shows how bringing together the 4 pillars can transform a business. Highly recommend it - I know I'll be using it as a reference book on future projects.
James
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fr, 2017, favorites
I loved the whole concept of the book. I have read many of the "How To Succeed In Business" type books and this is the first time I have seen one put into a story format.

Sunshine and Poobah are heading on a road trip, and Poobah is imparting his business wisdom to the young Sunshine, explaining the success of Amazon and the downfall of previously successful companies like Sears. What a fun read.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First-Reads.
Ricardo Gulko
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finalized reading this book. Now without any doubt :-) and any second or third thought, I can strongly recommend you! The Book content quality is great like Amazon #CustomerExperience and #CustomerServices! Highly recommended! Made in the Eisenberg Brothers House! Bryan Eisenberg and Jeffrey Eisenberg #CX #CEM #custexp #Custserv
sethmsparks
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast, fulfilling read.

This is the business book you've been wanting to read. Heck, it's like the business book I've been wanting to write. There's no textbook format here, it's just like eavesdropping on a conversation between an incredibly wise mentor and a young entrepreneur. You can be like Amazon, and this simple text explains how to get started.
Gisela Hausmann
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book that I will reread.

There are a quite few things I like about this book, "Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It."
1. At 144 pages the book is manageable; readers can read it in one sitting (which I didn't), and the ones who don't won't forget the content between readings,
2. the book has a fabulous beginning which says, "We are not going to throw around BIG words here, we are hoping to impress you with simplicity"
3. the book features a fair amount of history, I believe
Jim Hart
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Concise, to the point. Great approach to telling a powerful story.

Well told story. Very powerful story told in an entertaining and concise way. Read it in an hour and a half and I'm a slow reader.
Bill Peel
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short book was recommended to me by my dear friend, and fellow voracious reader, Robert Riggs. It’s interesting how the fable reinforces Amazon’s Four Pillars - Customer Centricity. Continuous Optimization. Culture of Innovation. Corporate Agility. It’s an easy read, yet prompts many opportunities for introspection and reflection. The examples are clear, concise and memorable. The Buyer Legend process is enticing and worth examining for any entrepreneur or executive who is committed to turn ...more
Joseph Santiago
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book uses a story to convey complex ideas, principals, and comparisons in a way that makes them feel easy to get. The story reminded me of the best features from the Rich Dad Poor Dad series of books. While this book was not presented in the way that most of us expect academic material presented, I think that this is the book's strength. I remember the information from this book because of the context cues of the story. I found this book to be good and informative read.

Mr Joe
Martijn Reintjes
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short fun book that makes the point that you should focus on the 4 pillars of Amazon to build a thriving business that survives the ages:
1. Costumer Centricity
2. Continuous Optimization
3. Culture of Innovation
4. Corporate Agility

Thomas Brooks
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an exceptional read for entrepreneurs. Very concise and to the point. Looks into some of the best leaders ever (Sam Walton, Herb Kelleher and Jeff Bezos). I will use this book as a reference going forward.
Alex
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some simple and profound business lessons mixed in with some not so great Halo Effects. Entertaining and fun to read, but mixed in with some clunky plugs towards the end. Definitely worth reading, but I'd give it a 3.8 or 3.9.
Egdares Futch
Business advice on doing what Amazon does best: customer-centric innovation
Darko Doko
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, psychology
How to make a full topic interesting. very good
D. Thrush
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There’s no doubt that Amazon is a business success and one that we can learn from. Lessons from Amazon and other successful and failed businesses are dispensed during a conversation between the older Poobah and Sunshine, which are silly names but the format makes it very readable. There’s good advice in this short, quick read but wait till it’s on sale. I got it for free.
Drew
Jul 12, 2018
Ryan
Apr 10, 2019
Adelina Bizoi
rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2017
Paul Marshall
Apr 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bigger Than This: How to Turn Any Venture Into An Admired Brand
  • Big Weed: An Entrepreneur's High-Stakes Adventures in the Budding Legal Marijuana Business
  • The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business: Make Great Money. Work the Way You Like. Have the Life You Want.
  • Top of Mind: Use Content to Unleash Your Influence and Engage Those Who Matter to You: Use Content to Unleash Your Influence and Engage Those Who Matter to You
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All
  • The Art of Focused Conversation: 100 Ways to Access Group Wisdom in the Workplace
  • Getting Unstuck in ACT: A Clinician's Guide to Overcoming Common Obstacles in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
  • S is for Serial
  • But I'm Not An Expert!: Go from newbie to expert and radically skyrocket your influence without feeling like a fraud
  • 52 Emails to Transform Your Marriage
  • Homemade Sourdough: Mastering the Art and Science of Baking with Starters and Wild Yeast
  • Startup Weekend
  • WTF?! Willing To Fail: How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success
  • There is a Reaper
  • The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build, and Accelerate Your Brand
  • Scrum, (Mega Pack), for the Agile Scrum Master, Product Owner, Stakeholder and Development Team
  • Last Call for Caviar