Start by marking “Begin Again” as Want to Read:
Begin Again

Begin Again

There are times when the Earth stops moving and the weight of its gravity pulls you down, deeper than you ever thought possible. You tumble farther than you ever imagined falling…
And when the sun goes black and your heart feels empty, starting over seems like an impossible feat…

You’re not alone.

Twenty-Two Authors have joined together in this collection of short stories abo

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Begin Again is a big bundle of stories full of hope, love and inspiration. The authors have come together to put the spotlight on a serious topic, suicide and its prevention. There is no formula you can apply to each suicide case, it comes in all heartbreaking, devastating forms with all it's different tragic reasons. Begin again tells some of those stories in bit-sized shorties you can read in between breakfast and getting ready for work. They are excellent, he
Paige
4.5 “Begin Again” Stars

These short stories were all very different but I enjoyed each of the ones that I read. They were quite short, shorter than a traditional novella, but they packed a big emotional punch. Plus they support such a good cause, you don’t want to miss it.

Reprieve by Stephie Walls 4 Stars! For such a short story, this little novella packed quite an emotional punch. A story about letting go, moving on, healing and love.

The Pit by Mara White 4 Stars! That was NOT an easy read. Th
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
I’ve begun reading this anthology. While I’m only two stories in, the two I’ve read were great. I look forward to reading more......

Falling- by Stephanie Rose

A novella about Jack from After You. I loved it. I loved seeing Jack grown up and facing a problem that could alter his life forever. The author brought in the family and introduced us to someone from his past. A beautiful plan of second chance love. There was one line in this story that rings true of a lot of relationships......
“He’s not t
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Admittedly, I didn't read every short in this anthology. But isn't that the beauty of these compilations? To jump around, reading a few here and there, shelving the rest for another time, for when you really need a little something? In this case, that 'something ' is hope. So that's what I've done. I've read through a few stories, got to revisit a few of my favorite authors, was introduced to a few authors I've not yet read before, and I'll set it aside to read a few more later.

I went into this
book bruin
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible anthology! This collection is as heartbreaking as it is uplifting and is not to be missed!

*Falling* by Stephanie Rose

More! I need MORE! Fans of Stephanie Rose may recognize Jack Jr. from After You, but he's not a little boy any more. Jack is now all grown up and ready to break hearts! The start of this story was emotional and had me tearing up a bit (that father & son talk nearly did me in!), but it was such a sweet and beautiful romance too. I loved the added element of
Joyce Mercês
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018

A HYPOCHONDRIAC'S NOTEBOOK by A.M. Johnson

In this short story, A.M. Johnson talks about a delicate subject in such a poetic way. I love Amanda's writing style and here she tells us a story close to her heart and even this novella being so short I felt a LOT.

It's touching and you can easily identify with the whole story or part of it, I'm sure. It was like a friend telling me about her life.

"Life will find you."

BREAKING POINT by Autumn Grey

This was my first Autumn Grey story and although it w
TeriLyn
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Short story provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Falling by Stephanie Rose

5 "I had a feeling I was falling again..." Stars

This short story was such a great way to start 2018. A character for whom I adored as a child in Stephanie Rose's previous title "After You" gets his own shot at happiness now that he's grown into a charismatic adult. It felt like going home reconnecting with characters from a previous story in a whole new way. Even if I hadn't known the history here th
Shannon

I haven’t been able to read every story in this anthology yet, but the ones I have read so far have all been outstanding, and left me wanting more, more, more! Lots of feels, lots of emotions, lots of heart.

Waiting For Autumn by J.A. DeRouen~ Oh my heart! I need more of Autumn and Seb, stat! This story was heartbreaking but hopeful. How one moment can totally change the course of not one, but 3 people, and how you move on. Or do you? I’m so excited that we will be getting more of the characters
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Loss. Pain. Survival. Second chances. Begin Again: An Anthology is a wonderful combination of short stories that give hope to even the darkest of situations. Not only that but the proceeds go to a charity that speaks to my heart.

The authors that contributed to this anthology are extremely talented and brought the emotional to each and every story. I rarely cry, that’s a fact. I feel the emotions and I connect with the characters, but it is har
Jen
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this anthology and the cause is so close to my heart. Each story captivated me and left me wanting more. So many gifted authors who left me wanting more. Don’t miss this one!
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Anthology has some topics that can be tough but the stories are beautiful in their own way. Some are extraordinarily sad, some are funny and some are also hot but they are all well written and all funds raised go to a fantastic cause.

Reprieve
A broken returned veteran finds his way through grief and self sabotage with the help of a kindred soul.

The Pit
A heartbreaking story of one cop's survival after 911 changed his life forever.

A Hypochondriac's Notebook
I really enjoyed this quirky story.
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
There are a few books that you read in your lifetime that will forever hold a special place in your heart.. Begin Again is one of those books for me. When I saw that this book was in the process of being written I couldn't have been more excited... Why? Well because each book holds it own special meaning.. Each book has a way of reaching in to your heart and mending it. Why? Each story has a way of making you Begin Again.
The proceeds to go to a very special cause that is very close to my heart.
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
description

This anthology is one of the most powerful things I’ve ever had the luck to read.
I only knew three names from this awesome list, but once I’ve read the foreword, I knew I had to read all of them. And my life is not like it was before.

The short stories are different, yet they’re brought to you for the same good cause – prevention. And I believe avid readers have to read books like that, so you can see the other side as well. Each story means a little piece, and after adding them together, they ma
Alissa
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic collection of stories for suicide prevention and awareness! My favorite stories were by A.M. Johnson and Josephine Brierley, I loved their messages of overcoming obstacles and learning to love yourself. I didn't get to read all of the stories in this anthology but I can tell you there's a little of something for everyone. An emotional second chance romance from J.A. DeRouen, and related stories from previous books/spinoffs from Stephanie Rose, Amanda Richardson and Faith Andrews ...more
Susan
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love anthologies that support a cause, and Begin Again certainly supports a worthy one. It started with a powerful foreword by Rebecca Yarros that touched me deeply and gave credence to the cause. I haven’t read all of the short stories yet, but the ones I have read I will review.

Falling by Stephanie Rose- it’s no secret that I am a huge fan of Stephanie Rose, but her writing keeps getting better. This is Jack Jr’s story. He gets injured in a fire and runs into Dani, a childhood friend’s youn
K.  Ramjohn
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Begin Again Anthology is a collection of short stories.
KK Allens story Sweet Melody was a wonderful follow-up to Wolf and Lyric's duet and I absolutely loved it. I loved that we get to see what happens after the HEA ending in their novel. An amazing chapter that made me smile, it was awesome.

Falling by Stephanie Rose was a sweet story of overcoming adversity and realizing what's important in life. Jack was charming and you could see why Danielle was infatuated with him from small. These two had
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
I read Autumn Grey's Breaking Point and I FLOVED it. I just wish it was longer. It had so much HEART for a short story. I couldn't get enough of Asher and Mason's chemistry. I'm hoping she writes more m/m!!

Candyce Kirk
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all I want to say that it's amazing that all of these authors have come together to write stories for a cause like this. As it states in the description, all proceeds go to The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and NAMI.

After that I do want to warn people that these stories aren't for everyone. There are definitely some triggers.

This anthology has 21 short stories, so instead of writing a super long review I will post my reviews of the first three stories. After that I will be
Elizabeth
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram
1/13/18
I finished the anthology and was so please with it! Some of my favorite indie authors have entries that tie into existing stories or stories that are headed our way. All were enjoyable reads and I gladly met new to me authors.

1/11/18
I am still reading the anthology, but have enjoyed the stories a good deal. The stories in the anthology are a mixed bag. Some are stand alone short stories, some the beginnings of books that haven't been published yet. All of the contributions show at least t
Beth
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such great authors in this book, I was happy to see so many I have read before and a few I have been meaning to start reading, I love the idea and I love that it does support " *All Proceeds will be donated to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and NAMI* " ...so it is pretty well said that mental health and suicide will be chatted about and so forth if that might be a trigger for you, know it is there. I would not say that this is a happy read. But it does have light bits throughout. ...more
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A haunting take on life and the realities of depression and anxieties, A Hypocondriac's Notebook tells the tale of a girl just trying to make it. We feel her highs and lows in a completely relatable and haunting narrative by AM Johnson. This is the only story I've read out of the anthology so far, and I can't wait to read more.
MJ
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-books
This is yet another stellar group of authors who have come together to bring us their very best in a small amount of words. Here are the novellas I have read so far and my thoughts:

The Pit by Mara White

Holy smokes. This story gutted me. Taking place after 9/11, this is one man's tale of his emotional issues since he was a first responder to the tragedy that changed his life and our lives forever. The pain Joe endures daily at both the memories of what he had to see as the rubble was brought to t
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this anthology. The proceeds go to an amazing cause and the stories are all about how to overcome tragedy or difficulties and start living again. Several of these authors were already on my must read list and I was able to find several new authors to add to my TBR list.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

I’ve always been a strong supporter of mental healthcare. Even in modern times while it’s so widely accepted it’s also so taboo. We suffer in silence, we doubt our existence and we wonder if we could have helped someone who suffered silently to just suddenly end it all. I have experience this all first hand for I suffer with mental illness and have been touched by suicide that even 4 years later I still cry and wonder what if and how didn’t I see it?

AM Johnsons story really resonat
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
This Anthology is a collection of short stories about hope, healing and love. When you think you have hot rock bottom and you think there is no way forward, something helps you push through the darkness and helps you heal your soul. I have written three reviews about three of the stories included in this Anthology.

A Hypochondriac’s Notebook by AM Johnson

This story is heart wrenching. Anna comes from an abusive family life which sent her to many attempts on her life. She writes journals about h
Annie4821
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am currently reading “Begin Again – An Anthology”. I haven’t finished all of the stories yet. I’ll update as I go.

Sweet Melody – K.K. Allen
Ok so I didn’t start at the beginning, I had to start with “Sweet Melody” because I’ve been anxiously waiting for more of Lyric and Wolf’s story from the Dangerous/Destined Hearts duet. The little glimpse into their future was so sweet and told so perfectly. I wish it could have been longer, but I’m a bit greedy and was hoping for maybe 400 pages or so. ;)
Nancy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Melody by K.K. Allen it was wonderful!!

This author always treat her readers like royalty, giving us the treatment of Queens.

Having like a little epilogue from Wolf and Lyric was like a day on the SPA. It was amazing, I feel so good and happy. These couple is one of my fav, when i bought the books I didn’t have enough time to read it fast.

I would love to beg to this author for more, for more passion, for more love and for more Wolf! That sexy bad boy will be forever one of my fav! I just l
Kristy Odom
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was sent Breaking Point by the author Autumn Grey for a review. I loved it. I felt the characters emotions. Mason and Asher felt so real. I teared up many times. Even the father’s emotions felt real to me even if I wanted to scream at him. 😢 I can’t wait to read more!
Taylor
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read “Something Beautiful” by Emery Jacobs and it was SO good. I have no doubt the rest of the stories are phenomenal too and the proceeds from this book goes to a really worthy cause! <3
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Checking In
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Clutch
  • Harbor (Renzo + Lucia, #2)
  • The Wedding of Molly O'Flaherty (The London Lovers, #2)
  • Ripple Effect:  Episode 3 (Ripple Effect, #3)
  • Unblocked - Episode Five (Timber Towers, #5)
  • Cash Remington and the Missing Heiress (Sexy Dreadfuls, #1)
  • The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • Triple Threat (Triple Threat, #3)
  • The Highest Bid (Naughty Bits, #4)
  • J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis (The Rousseaus, #3; Blueberry Lane, #13)
  • F*cking Awkward Holidays
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.