Start by marking “Jaclyn's Ghost” as Want to Read:
Jaclyn's Ghost

Jaclyn's Ghost

Ghosts, Mystery, and Fashion. Can this diva solve her own murder, or will she be stuck in limbo forever?

After recovering from the shock of seeing her own dead body, (still dressed to kill from last night’s party) fashion model, Jaclyn Jade, discovers she’s a ghost with a choice. She can either immediately go back to Hell, do nothing and stay in limbo, or find the reason s
Published May 15th 2017 by Independently Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Jaclyn's Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaclyn's Ghost

Tracy Riva
Jaclyn’s Ghost
By Dorlana Vann
Kindle ASIN B004LGTRPS, NOOKbook 2940012071361

Jaclyn’s dead, murdered in the prime of her life, at the height of her career, but Jaclyn doesn’t want to go to hell, which isn’t what you think it is, so Jaclyn has a set amount of time to figure out what she missed in her life that kept her from going straight to heaven.

Along comes Logan a fellow ghost who is dashing and helpful. He lives in Jaclyn’s apartment building and is willing to help Jaclyn figure out what went
KyleeJ
Apr 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of: Paranormal, Mystery, Romance
Jaclyn's Ghost is a very well written love story about Jaclyn Jade and Logan Smith. At the beginning of the story Jaclyn realizes, with the help of Logan, that she is dead. More specifically, she's a ghost. Logan died in the 1920s when the site of Sunset Apartments was a hotel. Dorlana Vann lends a great twist to the question of "where do we go when we die". "Hell" is really Earth, were we repeat our past mistakes or learn from them with each subsequent life. I really liked this take on it, of c ...more
Ashley
Oct 01, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in the first reads giveaway!
Sheryl
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and am totally impressed with Dorlana's ability to immediately capture the reader's attention. This was a book that I didn't want to put down. Great read!
Devi Nair
The story took a lot of time to develop. Jaclyn is a kind of girl who can be easily disliked by anyone. She is arrogant, blunt, rude and everything else that a model is expected to be. But still Logan and Morgan put up with her and Logan should go to heaven just for that. For about 3/4th of the story goes with this feeling in mind while reading. It is only towards the end that a lot of things change and the book ends of a feel-good note.
The story is well written and the characters are given pro
Karen
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Fascinating madcap adventure of sleuthing!"

Jaclyn Jade, a model at the top of her career is murdered. Charles Charles, the messenger gives her three choices: return to Hell—Hell being life on earth, a continuous cycle until one gets it right; Two, she can remain a spirit, seeing Hell but only as a spectator; the third choice is to go back as an Open Spirit, figure out why she didn't make it into Heaven and if she does she will go straight to the pearly gates. But there's a catch—a time limit. I
Carol Perlaky
Interesting book. I liked how the author dived right into the story where the reader, and Jaclyn, discover together that she is dead (and now a ghost). Problem is her death is actually a murder but the police write it off as suicide/drug overdose.

She is given two choices:
A. go to Hell (which is not what you, or Jaclyn, thinks it is - but that Hell is Earth) where she could begin life, a much quieter life than the one she had been leading as a model, again with a young couple that are expecting
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jaclyn's ghost is a well written and "fun" read.

Jaclyn wakes up to find a strange man in her room. She is confused and then finds out that she is dead and that the man is another ghost. His name is Logan and he lives in her apartment building.

Jaclyn was a fashion model and had a lucrative career. She finds out that she was murdered and decides not to continue on in "hell", living lifetime after lifetime to try to qualify for entry into heaven. She has a chance to redeem herself and figure out w
Cindi
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle-free
This is a different type of ghost story compared to others I have read. Great cast of characters. All of the ghosts and non-ghosts alike were entertaining. There were quite a few funny moments. I am not quite satisfied with the way it ended however. Don't get me wrong, everything came together rather well but I felt that it was missing something. Still a good read and I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Greenfairylv
A mystery paranormal romance filled with humorous moments and surprise twists. It takes Jaclyn losing her own life to figure out what she really wants in life and who she wants to be. Solving her own murder Jaclyn finds true friendship, love, herself, and the shocker of them all, who actually had her killed.
Pernette
This book starts off slow but does pick up the pace and becomes more interesting. Jaclyn wakes up to find that she is dead. As shocking as that is she also realizes that she is a ghost. The police rule her death a suicide and Jaclyn postpones her future to play detective with a little help. Pure fiction but interesting.
Naomi
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am actually kind of disappointed with this book. I expected it to be creepier than it was and I thought it almost came off almost as a silly, with moments of a chick-lit(ish) type of book. I have been wanting to read this book for a while and it was one I actually could have passed on.
Lindsay
Nov 08, 2012 marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 11/8/2012
Jenna Walker
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital-books
I really wish this book wasnt finished. It was an easy read but I loved the characters and the concept. Its too bad there wont be a second one.
Jaclyn
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and entertaining! Loved that it was my name :)
Dorlana
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hi! I'm the author of Jaclyn's Ghost, and I am excited about its make-over.
Lanelle
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loanable
Did not like the ending!
Kira
Jun 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Courage of Fear
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Transition (Chimera Hunters, #1)
  • Feelin' the Vibe
  • Veiled Mirror
  • The Bum Magnet
  • The Seer (Deadly Fairy Tales #1)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • The Afterlife Club
  • The Family Bones
  • Hunter Moon
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Murder at the Bad Girl's Bar and Grill
  • Elements Unbound (Werewolves of Malta, #1)
  • Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails (Annie Graceland Mystery #2)
  • Sorcha's Heart
  • Her Sweetest Downfall (Forever Girl, #1.5)
  • Fated, Part One (A Timeless Series Novella)
Dorlana Vann writes contemporary novels for teens and adults. Her inspirations are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies – sometimes combining all three in the same story. She writes weekend reads that have been described as inventive, creative, and fun.

She loves fun plot twist, the unexpected, the surreal, and the unreal. She hopes to take the reader, if only for a couple