Start by marking “Veritas” as Want to Read:
Veritas

Veritas

The ghosts are angry, thinking I’ve neglected them.
Do not forget us, they call out from the grave.
I won’t, I promise them. Upon my life, I won’t.

Being a demigoddess in 1892 Stonehenge, Colorado isn’t all one might suppose, especially when the dead are involved. Yet as Veritas of the Rocky Mountain sovereignty, it is Hester Grayson’s calling to help restless spirits cross
Published July 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Veritas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veritas

Start your review of Veritas
Angela Eschler
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. Beautifully written and a fascinating heroine! Creepy bad guys and sacrifice and romance and MYSTERY! You'll eat it up.
P. Kirby
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.6 stars...

Pretty cover, plus debut novel, plus self-published, plus a "victimized" female protagonist = the makings of a vacuum-of-space-suck novel.

But...Veritas is not bad. Not bad at all!

The story follows Hester Grayson, a young woman who is blind and mute and the incarnation of the demi-goddess Veritas. Charged with serving justice to murderers and peace to their victims' souls, she and her beau, Tom (her telepathic Translator), play detective in the 1892 town of Stonehenge Colorado.

As one
Zach Hoskins
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprising new author!

A friend recommended this book. When I read the summary I was certain it was not for me, but I read the first chapter after which I decided it was definitely not for me. I set it down and almost didn't pick it up again. LUCKILY for me I ran out of other books, and tried the next chapter and the next. I loved this book! I loved Hester Grayson! I cannot wait until the next book arrives. The story is an urban fantasy set in the last 1800s. The Character is great, story is
Melissa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved! Can't wait for the next in this series!
K.R. Patterson
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun to read! I actually listened to it and the narrator was awesome as well. Spine-tingling, plus the kind of romance that makes me realize I really do love romance when it’s done well. The main character might be blind, but she’s a badass with her no-nonsense, no self-pity grit mixed in with some pretty cool supernatural powers. Also, the close first person POV of a blind person really ramps up the spook factor. Above all, I loved her sense of humor. Can’t wait to read more.
Carol Nicolas
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hester Grayson is a blind, albino young woman from 1892. She cannot speak, and she is at the mercy of a wealthy father who despises her and a socialite mother who doesn’t have time for her. Her days roll on in unending monotony, her only companion a maid who tries to be kind but doesn’t understand her either. Does this sound like the beginning of a Helen Keller story? Think again.
Hester has magical powers that allow her to telepathically communicate with her sweetheart, Tom Craddock – a farm boy
Graham Bradley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5? The writing was great, and I thought Hesta was a great main character. Very good job showing the world and the story from the perspective of a blind-mute with spectral powers.

My main holdups started about halfway through; the story was interesting, there was compelling interpersonal conflict and so forth. But then it went off the rails, with one character getting amnesia (hate that cliché) and Hesta ending up in an asylum where we get to see one new torture after another, just for the sake
Ruth Hyland
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Couldn't put it down. I've read some other books where the main character is blind and I found it difficult to get into the story, but not with this one. I loved the magic. I loved the bad guy and the twists and turns and that it ended differently than I thought it would. highly recommend!
Kathy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super interesting

Great, dark, paranormal mystery/magic/romance. A lo of unexpected twists, amazing characters, and super unusual magical traits. If you’re looking for historical escapism with a darker edge, this is fab.
Valene Hulme
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved it. Hester Grayson is a character I'll remember for a long time. She was witty, intelligent, and resourceful when given the encouragement and the chance. This was a suspenseful enjoyable ride. I need to start the next one in the series.
Melanie Bateman
When I bought this book I knew I was gonna like it, but I didn't expect how much I actually loved it! It was the perfect blend of history, fantasy and myth that I was hoping for, with surprising humor and a strong heroine that made for a fantastic story.
Karlene Browning
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a well-written book and kept me intrigued. It was pretty harsh in a few places but I loved the main character and the basic story line.
Designing.melissagmail.com
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quinn has an absolute way with words and characters. I was spell bound by this book and couldn't put it down.
Kristy
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the the characters and strength that Grayson has. Good read.
Vivian
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. I couldn't put it down. The cover art is fabulous. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining fantasy!

This book was sooo much fun! I'm demanding a sequel from the author because in my opinion Hester's story is just beginning!
Peter Carlstrom
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

It was intense, it was mesmerizing, it was very painful...and I loved it! Magic, romance, violence, torture and the heroine that just will not give up! Against all odds, brutality and betrayal she fights and endures to take control and assert some kind if balance although she is a tad too soft hearted.
Sandra R Derr
Krista Jensen
Oct 10, 2018
Julie
Sep 19, 2018

• Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
Quinn Coleridge grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where she learned to love rain storms and reading books by a crackling fire. As time went on, she studied literature and writing in college, traveled, met a man with the most beautiful eyes, got married, and had lots of kids. (She blames the eyes.)

Since moving to the desert, Quinn doesn't see much rain or crackling fires these days, but she still