Start by marking “Losing My Religion” as Want to Read:

Losing My Religion

Jaden Barker is a good boy.

For as long as he can remember, he’s been preparing for the day he’ll be called as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He’s ready. He’s more than willing. And he can’t wait to spend the next two years serving the Lord and his church. But when a new proclamation from the church is announced, it leaves him questioning
Published July 27th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Losing My Religion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing My Religion

Jessica Alcazar
This story .... WOW

I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you this story should be read by everyone, because it's not a fluff piece. And unless you're willing to accept the very real fiction this story is portraying, then you might not be a good fit for this book. When I say the phrase real fiction, I mean it to convey the story may be a fictional tale, but the circumstances are very real and very every day. Prejudice and bigotry happens every day. Do I like it? No. But it's real. People suppressing
Mandy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite different than any other books I have read.
And I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jaden is trying so hard to figure out who he is. And he's so very torn by how he feels and the need to just be himself. Quinn....gosh I loved him. He was so patient and understanding.
I didn't want to put this book down. It was a slow burn, Jaden and Quinn getting to know one another. Testing boundaries. I think the Author did an amazing job telling this story.
Aubrey B3 Book Blog
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel from A.S. Tucker is phenomenal. She pulled me into Jaden's journey from the first few sentences in the prologue.

This is much more than a romance. It's about Jaden and the uncontrollable connection he feels toward another person. It's his battle with his heart and his mind, knowing what is forbidden, but not being able to resist. Call it temptation from the devil. Call it a sin. I call it destiny. We can't choose who we love anymore than we can choose the city in which we were b
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

5 Stars

I don't quite know where to begin with this review. This was a phenomenal story and I absolutely loved it, and I'm just not sure I have the words in me to do justice to the story.

I absolutely loved Jaden and Quinn. I wanted to wrap both of them up and protect them from the cruelty and bigotry they were forced to face, but I especially felt for Jaden. To be told your whole life that the way you feel is wrong and a sin and to fear not only losing your friends and family, but losing your pl
K
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Losing My Religion is beautifully written taking the reader on a painful, yet eye-opening journey as we witness Jaden struggle with his life as a missionary, a decision made for him by his parents and church, and Quinn, a struggling actor, working for a homophobic boss but needing the income to pursue his lifelong dream.

Jaden knows he’s gay and fears the worst if he is exposed. When he questions the church over some decisions passed down regarding members with gay parents it only confir
Nichole
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Buy. This. Book.
Read. This. Book.

Let me start off by saying that the cover is beautiful! And I felt the title and the cover fit the story perfectly.

Jaden is about to begin his Mormon mission but he is struggling with emotions within himself and isn't sure what is the right thing to do. I feel a lot of people can relate to Jaden. With his strict religious family, afraid of not being accepted, etc.

I loved the pace of this story. It has the slow burn but it's what makes the story feel so real. I lo
Ashley
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and heartbreaking story. I truly loved how Jaden and Quinn were able to stay together and fight through all that horrible bigotry people showed them. I truly felt for them both throughout the entire story. It reminded me of some things that I had to come to terms with as a kid in college (though i'm only 4 years older). A lot of heart was put into this book and it shines through clearly. Would definitely read again once my heart is healed!

I received an arc of this book and am vo
Cyndy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't ever heard of this author before, but when I read the blurb for this book on K Bromberg's FB page, I was hooked! And when I started reading, it was hard to put down. I read it in less than 24 hours! I loved it! I was in two Mormon foster homes as a teenager and while there are some things I adore about the religion - their commitment to making their family a priority being one of them - the hypocrisy was glaring to me. I was very interested to see how this story would be written. The st ...more
Stacy Garcia (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
My thoughts of this book have still been so profound. Trying to figure out how to word my review was probably the hardest part.

It's no secret that I whole heartedly support the LGBT community.
I have friends and family that are part of that community and I will continually show my love and support for their rights and happiness.

The struggle that Jaden went through was hard
Then to have him doubt his worth and his faith because of this struggle was so heartbreaking.

The moment Quinn came in and m
A.S. Tucker
May 25, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
L.K. Farlow
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, man, this book.
LMR is s book everyone needs to read.

It's more than a fictional story.
It's powerful.
It resonates.
Hands down, one of the most moving books I've ever read.
MillsyLovesBooks
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Losing My Religion by A.S. Tucker is a standalone novel that i feel will always stay with me. The cover is what initially drew me in, absolutely stunning but then when i read the blurb i new i had to read this book. This book is a controversial thought provoking read that will pull on your heart strings and at parts angered me because of bigoted views.

Jaden is a man of faith, his whole life he has followed the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints he loves his family and
Jaymie
5 Stars!

I have to say I really loved this story. Unfortunately, this review is a hard one to write because I'm not sure how to put into words what I felt for both Jaden and Quinn who won my heart from almost the first page. Throughout the entire story I, found myself rooting for them to find their happy ending, to get away from the hate and fears they both had to face on a daily basis. Fortunately, however, while I expected a ton of angst and drama, this particular story had a lot more to offer
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars!!!

Quinn Owens is an aspiring actor trying to catch his lucky break in LA, although things have been anything but lucky lately for him. He's out and proud, for the most part, although he needs to hide his sexuality on one of his jobs because of his homophobic boss. Jaden Barker is just starting his 2-year service as a missionary for the Mormon church, but after finding out about a new ordinance in the church, he's begun questioning some of the things he'd been told since he was a kid. He
Brandi
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is controversial that much is true. At times this book made me really angry and I had to walk away. I even thought there is no way I will be able to finish reading this because I have a zero tolerance policy against bigots and don't care to know much about religion. I stuck with it and I'm glad I did.

Jaden has been groomed his whole life to be a man of faith. A man who shall convert others and give up everything else. He starts to test the Elders of his faith by questioning the religio
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
A powerful story that will pull at your emotions

AS Tucker has presented a beautiful, but very painful love story that will render your emotions haywire. It is a thoroughly heartbreaking story that is fully believeable and realistic. Jaden and Quinn are two characters who will embed themselves deeply into your heart and soul. It truly is a journey of self-discovery for both men.

Jaden is about to start his life as a missionary, however he finds that his emotions have become conflicted. He no lon
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Jaden has been raised in the Mormon faith his whole life. Groomed from day one to become a missionary and preach the word to other people on his journey in life. He starts to question some of the practices but pushes them down. He isn't one to make waves yet he feels his life is lacking in many ways. A vital part is missing.

Quinn is trying to make a name for himself in acting. All he's managing to achieve is no callbacks and working two jobs. He finds himself working for the bigges
Maria Vickers
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm going to warn you now, you are going to need a couple of tissues for parts of this book. It's not a lovey dovey read and it isn't like most MM stories I've come across. It's raw and it deals with a very sensitive subject, and I applaud the author for writing it.

Jaden is a devout Morman who is out in California to become a missionary. That's what he should want. That's what he's supposed to do. But he has questions and is confused.

Quinn is a struggling actor who has troubles of his own, esp
Amy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"God would never judge you for being capable of love regardless of whom it was for. Not when there is so much hate in this world..."

A true depiction of 'Love is Love,' A.S. Tucker takes on a subject most would not dare to tackle; homosexuality and the church. But she tackles this subject with so much care and love that you are able to see both sides of the coin without becoming enraged by the characters opinions on the subject at hand.
In spite of my limited knowledge of the church (as I'm not
Caroline
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very different love story, that is beautifully written. The book follows Jaden, a young Mormon man starting his two year missionary, and Quinn, a struggling want to be actor living in LA. The story not only follows the development of their relationship but also looks at the Church of Later Day Saints stance on homosexuality and the confusion and heartbreak it causes one young man.

Jaden knows nothing outside of the Church, he has been groomed all his life for this two year role and all it means
Konny
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Look at this gorgeous cover !! I love, love, love it.
Losing My Religion by A.S. Tucker is a standalone novel that stays with you.
Jaden Barker is a young man with a mission. His whole life hes been preparing and prepared to become a missionar. But doubt let him questioning his goal.
Quinn Owens is the total opposite from Jaden. Hes sassy, carefree and gay. Hes an aspiring actor and works hard to make ends meet.
And then are these two so different men become neighbors. Is Jaden able to resist Quinn?
Jeanna
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book needs to get attention from Hollywood! It contains a very controversial topic, strict religious beliefs and sexual orientation. Jaden is dealing with a lot of internal struggle and Quinn, he's just such a fun character. I love his banter throughout the book, I found myself laughing out loud several times just from the way he spoke.
Also, have you seen the cover? Go ahead and judge this book by the cover. After initially being drawn in by the cover, the prologue sealed the deal for me.
L. Layale
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those titles that not everyone will love. It's not really hardcore erotica, there's barely any sexual intimacy at all between the characters, which makes sense since one of the main characters is Mormon and they are pretty straight-laced in general. Quinn is a striving actor and Jaden is a missionary who is secretly gay. The development of the relationship between Quinn and Jaden is very slow. It focuses more on the emotional development of the characters than anything else. The o ...more
Julie
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have read a book before that the title fits it so perfectly. Jaden is the good boy, who has always followed the rules and is on his way to becoming a missionary. Quinn is the total opposite and a definite bad boy. When Jaden and Quinn become neighbors, Jaden is put to the test of his faith and everything he has ever believed in. I loved both of these characters and you can feel how much each of them changes for the better. I also enjoyed the fact that this was not a sex filled bo ...more
Amy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Losing My Religion

I am so glad that I purchased this book. It is very controversial in topic but I think that it is one of those stories that needs to be told. Finding yourself and being true to what you believe and what you've been told to believe is a very hard thing to do. I appreciate that the author included this internal war and made it about finding love and being yourself. Definitely worth reading.
Chitra
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a debut novel by this author and I've got to say that it's pretty good. Though, for the first few chapters of this book I couldn't get myself fully into the story. But eventually I enjoyed it. I liked the main characters and the chemistry that was growing between them. And the writing style is actually really good. I hope you'll give this book a chance. ☺
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I don't want you to view my 3 star rating as negative, because in no way is it. 3 stars means I liked this book, which is true. I have not read a lot of MM books centered on ones religion upbringing and how that individual has been shaped his entire life, only to know that those beliefs that have been preached to him are wrong. It's a new troupe that I have found, and, when written well, will keep you turing the pages. This book was one of those. I didn't "love" it, but I did find the character' ...more
Christine
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first M/M. I think this was really well written and I really enjoyed the storyline. This was a journey, of not only love, but self discovery. It's so heartbreaking to know people deal with this everyday and must keep their true selves hidden out of fear and disappointment.
M
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is basically the more dramatic book version of the movie Latter Days. Not a bad book at all, just not an original story.
Ada
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmmm... how to put my feelings into words.. I liked this book, I really did. I liked Jaden a lot, and I felt for him in his journey of turning his life upside down until it finally fit.

But... I don't know. I guess I was expecting it to be a bit grittier, more realistic, instead of wrapping up everything with a pretty little bow. It gave me the same feeling as a romcom, the unrealistic idea that love will fix all your problems. It will land you your dream job, pay your bills and file your taxes.

• How to Deal (All Cocks #3)
  • Never Too Early: The Beginning  (Never Too Early, #1)
  • Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)
  • Other Side of the Line
  • Best Chance (More Than Friends, #6)
  • Anthony (Survivor Stories, #4)
  • Full Strength (Point Shot, #3)
  • You Are Not Me ('90s Coming of Age, #2)
  • Falling for the Player
  • Devil's Food at Dusk (Just Desserts, #3)
  • Fierce
  • Bent Arrow
  • Br0th3rly (Famous on the Internet, #1)
  • Indigo Road
  • Andrew's Promise (Heroes, #2)
  • Unbreak Broken (Coming About, #3)
  • Boy Banned
  • Feat of Clay (Men of London #4)