Start by marking “Path of Thieves” as Want to Read:
Path of Thieves

Path of Thieves

Football hero by day and thief by night, Charles “Cugs” McConnely leads a double life in the small town of Newbark, Florida. At sundown, the seventeen-year-old turns burglar, forced into the business by the man who should be teaching him the difference between right and wrong: his father.

Cugs is a pro at both games, but only one can secure him a college scholarship. It sho
Expected publication: June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Path of Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of Thieves

Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Jun 20, 2017 Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I'll be honest and say that I'm not avid reader of YA but I've been lucky and have read a few that definitely entertained me. Path of Thieves can now be added to that collection cause I certainly enjoyed this story by Sunniva Dee. Path of Thieves is Sunniva Dee's first attempt at YA and I couldn't tell.

I met Cugs in Dodging Trains which also was my first book I read by Dee. In Path of Thieves Cugs is the main POV and the reader follows this seventeen year old guy with flashbacks to when and how
Alyson Santos
Jun 02, 2017 Alyson Santos rated it it was amazing
Sunniva Dee does it again, crafting characters that breathe and lodge themselves in my heart. My affection for Cugs ran so deep it hurt to watch him fight for the life he deserves in a reality he doesn’t. I wanted to reach through the pages and shine a light toward hope, possibilities. But since I couldn’t, thank god for Nadine. You're going to want to pick this one up.
Aaly
Jun 15, 2017 Aaly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
review-blog
** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. **

I do like read YA novels, when you read about how in that age, going back to that moment, a vision about how your life would be, your aspirations, ambitions, when you think you have all the choices ahead of you, a life full of possibilities.

Unfortunately, for Cugs, life ain't that way. Trapped in a lifestyle he didn't have to choose, he lived a double life. Student in the day, thief at night. When you got into what he had to endure everyday, you jus
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 16, 2017 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it it was amazing
Oh be still my beating heart!! Cugs Cugs Cugs!! For Sunniva Dees first trip into the YA genre she did an excellent job!!

Cugs was a typical high school guy with a not so typical life. He had dreams and aspirations of becoming a big time football player only to be betrayed by his own father. A father who needed his dad of the year award revoked a million times over. Cug keeps going basically treading water thinking this is all his life will be. He meets Nadine one faithful night and that sets his
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
Such a dark and yet awesomely hopeful story!

First of all, I don't read YA books. It's simply not a genre I enjoy. But I couldn't wait to read THIS book because I had read the related adult-romance book, Dodging Trains, and I'm also a HUGE fan of Sunniva's.

And she didn't disappoint!

Cugs had it rough. I mean, super rough. Reading his "flashbacks" were truly heartbreaking. That and the fact that he was conflicted and wanted to better himself made for quite an interesting read.

Nadine is adorable! I
Kelli
Jun 22, 2017 Kelli rated it really liked it
I'm usually not a reader of YA but Path of Thieves was written with a more mature intellectual style. There was no childish banter and the Charcters had a lot of depth and feeling. From the beginning you could feel for Cugs Character and get swept up in his life. There is no lagging in the story. It keeps telling its tale and I appreciate that.
Nicole
Jun 18, 2017 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Aaah Cugs!😍 All he wants is to play football, but can't escape his dad and the things his dad wants him to do.
I absolutely loved this book!! Nadine is so good for Cugs. And we got to see what Keyon and Paislee were up to.
Sunniva, you did an AMAZING job on this story!!
D. King
May 30, 2017 D. King rated it it was amazing
Exceptional!!!

Full review to come upon release.
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Path of Thieves
Author: Sunniva Dee
Genre:Contemporary Romance, Young Adult, Coming of Age
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating:★★★★★

description

Young-Adult books are my jam. They’re also my bread and butter depending on how you look at it. Food analogies aside, I don’t think, even when I’m a senior citizen, I’ll ever stop loving the way it feels to read one of these books.

To be transported back in time to a period I honestly hated when I was in it, but enjoy because of all of the emotion present wit
Dina Littner
Jun 25, 2017 Dina Littner rated it it was amazing
Here's the thing about reading a Sunniva Dee book - you know it will be original, engaging and well written, but you don't know how or who or what to expect from her characters and their stories. As a writer, Sunniva's got broad range and mad skills to hook you in and keep you rapt until you hit the words, "The End," and then leaves you wanting more.

Path of Thieves is another Sunniva-winner. She makes a beautiful first jump into the Young Adult category with Cugs' story. His problems are hard an
Tearlynn Hollingshead
Jun 25, 2017 Tearlynn Hollingshead rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin? Cugs and Nadine are absolutely adorable has a couple and totally believable. I love the history of how they meet at 8 to the present day. Cugs wants to change his life and Nadine makes him feel that it is possible. I finished this in one sitting and was crying happy tears by the end. Sunniva Dee has a way of making every character come to life and you love them all. I think the best part is if you read this one first you will not be lost if you have not read anything else she h ...more
Joyffree
Jun 25, 2017 Joyffree rated it really liked it
As her premiere novel into the YA genre, Dee has a definite touchdown on her hands!
A well written and emotional Coming of Age YA novel.
As a reader, you can't help but fall in love with Cug!
Dee has created an emotional story that pulls the reader in and captures them - bringing them along for the journey
The characters are vivid and mature, easy to connect with; even the supporting cast is written to ensure they connect with the reader on an emotional level - whether you love or hate them -you w
D.C.
Jun 24, 2017 D.C. rated it it was amazing
Sweet baby Cugs! I wanted to reach into the pages and wrap him in a hug just so he knew he deserved better. Cugs is a character you will adore, and Nadine is definitely a ray of sunshine in his darkness. I really loved the evolution of Cugs, it's a beautiful story.
Kolleen
Jun 16, 2017 Kolleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, favorite-author, arc
This is being classified as a YA book but I don't agree. I think it can still be in the NA genre because the writing is not simplified to target young readers and the plot it is full of complex life situations and confused emotions. Even though the characters are in the last year of high school they are not immature, frustratingly self involved, or naive - there are just no detailed sex scenes.

I loved Nadine, she was strong and good without being self righteous and privileged. I loved Cugs of c
Sheila Schoenauer
Jun 21, 2017 Sheila Schoenauer rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I was a little nervous to read this book. I had read Dodging Trains, Paislee and Keyon's story, a while ago and while I enjoyed it I didn't completely love it. When I was given the chance to read Cugs story I said why not. I loved this story! Cugs was such a wonderful young man who had to live a very tough life. A life that made me absolutely HATE his father. Not only did his father lead him down a horrible life path but he tried to manipulate Cugs's good memories. I do admit I a ...more
Jo
Jun 25, 2017 Jo rated it it was amazing
Now, if you have read anything from this author before, you know that she has a very distinctive narrative voice and this is what makes her work stand out.  I was interested to see that voice translated into a YA story.

And, whilst the effect is to dilute the intensity a little, this is, nevertheless, a wonderful story.

Cugs and Nadine are characters that individually resonate from the page, but as a couple, reading about their relationship is like watching a flower bloom.

And yet, as I have come t
Jen
Jun 14, 2017 Jen rated it it was amazing
Cugs is such a great guy. I love him! I feel bad that life has delt him a crappy hand. His dad infuriates me. His demands and way of life are insane. Cugs has a big heart though. He carries around pain from his past,and dreams for a different future. Nadine is a strong beautiful person. She sees the real Cugs and just wants what's best for him. I loved how she was there for him always..I really enjoyed their story. It was sad and frustrating at times. It kept you guessing until the end,and it le ...more
Alisa
Jun 14, 2017 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Sunniva has done it again!!! Path of Thieves gave me all the feels!! Cugs is a genuine guy who has been dealt a crap life and is being raised by his dad. He is still in school and looking forward to following his dreams. He meets Nadine during unfortunate circumstances. She is fun and quirky! I instantly liked her!! Together they endure some tough situations but they come out on the bright side. Job well done Sunniva!! I can't wait to read what is released next!!
Linda Romer
Jun 23, 2017 Linda Romer rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Path of Thieves by Sunniva Dee

I enjoyed reading Path of Thieves. I love Sunniva Dee's books and I'm glad she branched out and wrote a YA Novel. YA books are one of my favorite genres.
Path of Thieves was endearing and left me feeling full of hope. The main character "Cugs" was my favorite. I hope this Author continues writing YA Novels and I can't wait to see what she will come up with next.

I give Path of Thieves 4 stars for its endearing and hopeful read.
I would recommend this book to fans of
Cassie
Jun 19, 2017 Cassie rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I was looking forward to Cugs' book for a while now and Sunniva did not let me down. She has a way with characters that hold your interest and make you want more. There were points I wanted to throw my kindle, smack Cugs, beat his father, hug Cugs - I was definitely invested in the story.

I really liked the way Nadine and Cugs relationship transpired over time, the friendship Cugs had with Bear & Liza, that we got to see Keyon and Paislee again & how Cugs relationship with his
Melissa Rios
Jun 14, 2017 Melissa Rios rated it it was amazing
Sunniva Dee's first YA book and it was way better then I expected. All the messed up feelings of teenagers and gray areas of growing up and making choices. Great job this won't be her last YA, she gets it.
S.F. Benson
S.F. Benson rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2017
TLBC
TLBC rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2017
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2017
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Heather Miller
Heather Miller is currently reading it
Maari
Maari marked it as to-read
Christine Raroha-Blood
Christine Raroha-Blood marked it as to-read
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
LaDonna
LaDonna marked it as to-read
Hadassah Harper
Hadassah Harper marked it as to-read
☆ Carol
☆ Carol marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
SB
SB added it
Nance
Nance marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Judith Török
Judith Török marked it as to-read
Jennifer Lessard
Jennifer Lessard marked it as to-read
Tracey Parker
Tracey Parker marked it as to-read
May 24, 2017
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 24, 2017
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
May 25, 2017
Paula  Phillips
Paula Phillips marked it as to-read
May 28, 2017
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Juanita
Juanita marked it as to-read
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
7191170

Between studies, teaching, and advising, Sunniva has spent most of her adult life in a college environment. Her novels are new adult fiction geared toward smart, passionate readers with a love for eclectic language and engaging brain and heart while reading.

Born in the Land of the Midnight Sun, the author spent her early twenties making the world her playground. Southern Europe: Spain, Italy, Gre
More about Sunniva Dee...