Start by marking “In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)

In the Ruins

(Metahuman Files #2)

Truth and lies.

Captain Jamie Callahan knows the Metahuman Defense Force frowns on fraternization. For once in his life, he’s breaking all the rules. Having Staff Sergeant Kyle Brannigan on his team and in his bed is worth the risk of being found out. When a mission comes down requiring Alpha Team to go undercover in order to infiltrate a criminal alliance, Jamie knows it
Published May 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about In the Ruins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Ruins

Shile
Reread/ Listening April 2019

Greg gets all the stars.

The Audiobook is perfection

The story is still entertaining.

**********************************************************

I Loved it! Loved, Loved it.

description

“Fuck, baby, I’ve missed you on your knees,” Jamie said, sliding in deep, wanting to feel Kyle’s lips pressed against his body.

description

Well hot damn! This book was amazing! I enjoyed every word.

In this the MDF team travel to London for a mission, and let’s just say, the action part was All Marvel movies on
Virginia Cavanillas
Hailey Turner has done a terrific job creating this universe and with "In the Ruins", the second installment of the  Metahumans Files, she achieves something incredible: maintain the reader interested in her amazing world. Well, not really. We are not talking here about just keep the interest of the reader. Probably the terrific plot and the characters development makes book 2 better than "In the Wreckage". This is another gem and a very shiny one, I must say.

In the Ruins starts a few moths afte
Wendy
FOTO BEWERKEN - makkelijk online je foto's bewerken of aanpassen:

After reading book 1 not too long ago, I could not wait jumping into this one. This series marks my first time,  into the world of Sci-fi, and even though I have seen some awesome sci-fi movies in my life......reading this genre somehow never happend. Thank you Hailey Turner for opening my eyes to a whole new (book) world :P

Cd7ovXd.gif (400×240)

First off, these books should not be read as stand alones, this is a series and if you want to read book 2, you will have to start with book 1 "In the Wreckage", which was al
Lyn
Audio - 5+++ Stars!
Story - 4.25 stars!!

I was so ecstatic when I got the email that as a Halloween treat from the author, the audiobook for IN THE RUINS (Metahuman Files 2) was now available. I didn’t even have to think twice. I one clicked that baby!! MINE!!! Thank goodness, I added myself to Hailey Turner’s mailing list because we all know Amazon is not good with sending timely notifications.

Loved it! Great world building, lots of action, steamy sexy times, and a diverse cast of characters. The
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I am seriously loving this series. This follow-up to In the Wreckage did not disappoint. And I was one happy girl that this one was half the length of book 1. :)

Once again, this was the perfect mix of romance and suspense.

Definitely not too "sci-fi-y".

And still plenty scorching despite the shorter length (though it still clocks in at just under 5000 locations).

I really love the dynamics between the team. And especially the new addition to the team, Sean. I sense something possibly brewing bet
Christelle
I’m in the minority here : a trip to the box of shame, maybe ?
Book 2 of the “Metahuman files” series : not a standalone. It’s a sci-fi action suspense with a romantic element.

The set up : a futuristic world with a virus running around, deadly for most humans, but for only a few who become “metahumans”, meaning humans with extraordinary powers (telepathy, healing, enhanced strength, ….). These Metahumans are either civilians, a few part of criminal organisations or part of special elite and secre
Parvathy
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
5+ Stars!

In the Ruins is exciting, breathtaking and beautifully written sequel to In the Wreckage and continues the story of Kyle and Jamie. The threats are ever mounting and the danger they and everyone they love are in, is increasing. This book is fast paced, filled with action and also sweet romance and the scorching hot chemistry of Kyle and Jamie.

The story arc started in the first book is continued in this book. There is more actions and heart in your throat moments in this story and new
I~❤️~Books
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
✮5 Stars✮

Wow,  Hailey Turner did it again! I loved this book!

FIVE STAR photo giphy_zpspxdpw6uv.gif

This book made me feel like when I finish the first book in the series In the Wreckage...TO WANT MORE!!!

I love sci-fi movies, sci-fi tv series...and sci-fi books. THIS SERIES IS LIKE ALL I WANT AND LOVE TO READ IN A BOOK.

Great story, a lot of action, great characters and...HOT SCENE SEX!

879875.gif (500×251)

Believe me when I say this... Hailey Turner knows to writes hot sex scenes to make readers feel the intimacy between the characters. 36564-big-smile-emoticon-for-facebook

description:

Jamie and K

Ariana
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first book in this series pretty much blew me away. Metahumans and military novels are not usually my thing, so I was surprised how much I liked the story line. Yes, Jamie and Kyle (two of the hottest MCs around!) helped a lot, but the plot itself was very well put together.

Book 2 throws us straight into action and the MDF’s continuing fight against organizations who threaten the balance of power in the world. As I didn’t reread book 1 before this one, I was pleased (and relieved) to find th
Dia
4,5 stars

The second book in the Metahuman Files series was even more awesome than the previous book!

I loved the action, SO much action!! Loved the undercover mission, the fights, the plotting, all the characters, especially Jamie!!! Oh and I am really curious about Alexei and Sean!!

This book kept me pretty glued to the pages, even if it felt looong.

It's also extremely HOT, like really really HOT!!!
haletostilinski
4.5 Stars

I'd review this now, but I have a stupid paper to write. Review to come!

~*~

*happy sigh* Jamie and Kyle got me like:

description

I was so happy that the steam level in this did not drop. When Jamie and Kyle had sex? Phew, it was scorching! Especially when (view spoiler)
Elena
Dnf at 15%

I’ve been stuck at 15% of this book for three days now and by “stuck” I mean that I closed the book when the very first sex scene started, because I was bored out of my mind, and never found the will to go back to this story.
In the meantime, I’ve read another book, started a second and a little while ago decided to give this another try.
Like in the first book of the series, the sex scene is long, I mean really, really long...I tried to skip it, but I got bored of skipping it before I
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Jamie the heir billions of dollars-family life & love.

This is not my favorite. I felt like there was a filler, but resolved no issues. Nonetheless. This world is AMAZINGLY!
The plot not so much. This book was more politics and less romance. I didn’t care for it that much.

Jamie & Kyle I love them both. And, what made this book likable was that there was a clearly defined line in the sand of a NO THREESOME for these guys😘

Barbara➰
Well, if action-packed is your thing, this is the series for you. So far, it is full of bullets, fire and explosions. Some of it from weapons and some of it from Jamie and Kyle. These two are smoking hot! I finally got some tenderness that I was anxiously waiting for. I am a romance reader. I have to have some type of romance in my books. Book 1 skirted the edge for me but the insta-attraction pulled me through. I had to know what happened between these two so I was on to book 2. I got my wish i ...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I'm going to make this short because I gotta find out what happens next!

I'll be the first to admit I had some issues with In the Wreckage but this was a BIG improvement for me. The action was great, the chemistry, not just between Kyle and Jaime but the whole MDF team, was fun, great secondary characters, snappy pacing, good worldbuilding with endearing relationship development between Jaime and Kyle and scorching hot sex! Prostate orgasm, prostate milking, multiple orgasms, rimming, rough and k
Cadiva
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So so good, I love this world building

For her follow up to the staggeringly good In the Wreckage, Hailey has crafted yet another brilliant mission led espionage thriller with a side order of romance.

The world building in these books is exemplary, set a few centuries into the future where metahumans are a real force to be reckoned with and there are many shady organisations desperately fighting for power in the secret behind the scenes murky underworld.

This is like X-Men meets Tinker Tailor Soldi
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Love this world and this team, and damn, Jamie and Kyle are as smoking hot as before. But it's not just sex anymore *if it ever really was* and that puts everything that's important to Jamie at risk. I love how Jamie feels about Kyle (view spoiler) and how he never lets Kyle think any differently. And I love how he and Kyle just work together, in every way.

As usual from Hailey Turner, amazing world building, a terrific, exciting story (vi
Denise H.
*** Year: 2285. Place: Earth. *** An undercover mission.
This is where this amazing series resumes, from the first book, IN THE WRECKAGE.
Sniper, Kyle
This new world is fabulous and we get our enhanced characters, Metahumans, who each have different powers. The women here are just as powerful as the men. Our couple, Marine Commander Jaime and Marine Sniper Kyle are so hot together. Hiding their relationship has been tough, but now they'll be going in as a civilian couple.
Commander Jaime
This i
Fabi
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jamie and Kyle continue to wow us with their loyalty and devotion to each other. Even while things heat up in the political and criminal arenas, they find islands of space to love each other.

This is an intricate PNR romance full of action and suspense. Genre-wise it should land at the top of my favorites. Other than a couple of typos, the writing is intricate, fast-paced with well-defined characters. I simply can't put my finger on why these books are not pulling me in as they are other readers.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: 4.5 Stars

Is there an accent that Greg can't do? If so, I've yet to hear it.

Original Review 30Oct2017: 4.1 Stars

Just as gripping and interesting as the last one, but that ending was too bitter-sweet and tenuous.

I do so love all of the details that remind you this is set a couple hundred years in the future, but aren't so onerously different as to completely alienate the reader with a world we're not familiar or cannot relate to.

Still, definitely gonna read the next one!
Natalia
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re-read October 2018

fleurette

The first book in this series is fantastic and I was a little scared to read this one since so many second books in the series are not as great as the first ones. I'm glad to announce this is not a case here.

This time is a peek into Jamie's live before he became Marine. Mafia is blackmailing influential people to work for them and there is no better person to stop them than the son of the American presidential election's candidate - Jamie. He and his arm candy Kyle move with their whole team to
Joyfully Jay
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

First and foremost, I have to address that this is the second book in the Metahuman Files series. It was presented as a standalone, but having read the first one, In the Wreckage, I quickly jumped at the chance to read this second book. But this book does not really work as a standalone at all. Jamie and Kyle’s beginning is all in the first book, not to mention the lead up for the reason the Alpha team takes on this mission. Also, a good chunk of world building i
~Volha~
I lurved it sooo much. Hands down the best! The case they are on, the undercover aspect and the execution is awesome. All the subterfuge, the intrigue, leering and shooting was just one high quality read. The team are just hilarious - the snarky remarks, the jokes and the betting and how they have each other's six just shows that sometimes not only blood is your family that you can make your own. I had fun galore with these crazy wonderful metahumans.

Jamie and Kyle! Oh, Jamie and Kyle... *breat
Alex
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, military
I really liked the first one but this one was just AWESOME!
Lot of action. Lot of sexy time... and what a sexy time...

description

I really love this team. All of them. The world building is really easy to comprehend and to imagine.
Yeah really.. It was just awesome!

I'll definitely continue to book 3 as I WANT Alexei and Sean now...
BWT (Belen)

In the Ruins is a sequel to In the Wreckage, and you're definitely going to want to listen to In the Wreckage before diving in to enjoying this, because these are not standalones.

This has a great story, interesting world building, plenty of action (both in and out of bed *winks*), and multiple points of view (including Kyle's brother Alexei and a new team member!). I'm going on record right now saying I love this cast of characters. LOVE THEM.

On top of the great story we have the wonderful narra
Simone
Entertainment at its best!!!
Alpha Team was the bullet, even if someone else was pulling the trigger, and they couldn't ever escape that.

Jamie Callahan's team of Metahumans with enhanced abilities - well, it spoils nothing to say that they have certain superpowers - has to keep that in mind when their new mission sends them undercover right in the public eye, so as to nose out a Russian terrorist group intent on preying on wealthy citizens with shady morals. Especially Jamie has to play both
Waleska 'Wally'
Updated : Audio and Ebook Versions / September 9 , 2019 / Re-read
4.5 Stars

An Exhilarating Narration to a Non stop action adventure, Techno-Thriller Romance
In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2) by Hailey Turner

Talk about adrenaline rush In the Ruins ~Metahuman Files Book 2~ packs a punch 👊 !

This Action-adventure, fantasy, mystery, techno -thriller , romance series is ADDICTIVE .

Greg Boudreaux thrilling , passionate , and oh so sexy narration brings this already entertaining story
to new levels of enjoyment.

In book 2 of this interconnected book s
Courtney Bassett
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wrote-review, sci-fi, audio, mm
Even better than the first

My main complaint about book one, hot as it was, was that the information overload at the beginning made it a bit hard to get into (though hot and action-filled once I did). This second installment was easier to follow - partly because I was already familiar with names and world setting - so I was more able to enjoy the story without ever feeling lost.

I grew up reading a lot of Alistair MacLean books, like The Guns of Navarone, and these books remind me of those a bit,
Josy
Not as good as the first book, IMO, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Jamie and Kyle are still VERY hot together and this time, we even get a tiny bit more emotion from these men. You can feel their love and commitment to each other although they are hesitant to give voice to their feelings. Still, I wouldn't say this is a romance but a sci-fi, action thriller with a romantic element.

I got a bit lost during some of the actions scenes and I'm not sure I fully understand the mission they had to acco
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
BR with Josy and Christelle 282 10 May 26, 2017 07:18AM

• Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
  • Skip Trace (Chaos Station, #3)
  • Paradox Lost
  • Seven (The Others Project #1)
  • Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)
  • Turbulence (Turbulence #1)
  • Potato Surprise (Brimstone #0.5)
  • Tinsel Fish (Tyack & Frayne, #2)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)
  • Salvaging Toby's Heart
  • Imperfect Match
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • The Battle for Black (Juxtapose City 3)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files (5 books)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)
  • In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)
“<>” Alexei stubbornly replied. 1 likes