Start by marking “Paracosm” as Want to Read:
Paracosm

Paracosm

Never hate yourself. Stop saying you're not beautiful, it's like you're sayng that God's creations are hideous. If you are beautiful inside, no doubt your outside will shine. It just takes the right person to see it.
Published 2017 by Tun Suffian Foundation Incorporated

Warren Lo
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paracosm is an honest and pleasantly whimsical book of poetry and personal thoughts presented by a budding young writer. For a first published effort, its teen author Arina shows a lot of promise and originality. The book is also beautifully produced with a lot of attention to detail - it's quite a joy to slowly browse through the pages, pausing to appreciate the carefully written words and phrases, and discovering the visual art in between. I look forward to Arina's future work as she grows and ...more
heyitsbookishme
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paracosm is a heart-felt gem written by 17-year-old Puteri Fateh Arina Merican Megat Suffian Merican, the great-grandniece of Malaysia’s first prime minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj. A “paracosm” is said to be a detailed imaginary world, often associated to one’s childhood and unfolded by a turn of events.

Arina’s passion for writing and poetry grew ever since she was a little girl, and let’s just say that she has never looked back since. The first thing I noticed when I flipped through
legenbooksdary
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I find this book to be a very interesting collection of poetry, ranging from how the author views the world to her own experiences in life. I have to say that it is refreshing to read a poetry book like this one that don't only focus on love, heartbreak and the pain it brings.

The illustrations inside the book is so whimsical and fun to look at. They fit with the content on each page.

I wouldn't highly recommend for you to read this book. I kind of skimmed through the book, eager to end it. Ther
SyaMimi
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's like I have mentioned everywhere I can that I love the illustrations, the drawings. I love how pure and original the poetries inside, bringing me back to my school years, childhood years. The pain, the hurt the struggles. I love the cover, the hardback the papers. I love everything about the book. Keep it going Arina!

4.6/5.0
Wendy Brown
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pinjam
The first poetry book that I’ve read in my life.The author who is a 17 years old girl was so brilliant,why? Because she can imagine how she wanted to be in future.She also make me realized about this world only by her words in her poem.Subhanallah! May Allah make her life path easily to achieve her dreams!

Love,
💕
Shahirah Azam
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I felt her sincerity through her words. I'm glad she is where she is right now. A fighter, an artist and the strongest lady I know.
Arina
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
We have the same name, Arina. You love dreaming and making people laugh. Same goes to me 😂😂 I hope you become a successful writer💪📝 Good luck, from me Arina.
Aimie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"All children's hearts are soft", says Arina at page 155, "they understand better."
I have a child and know what Arina says is nothing but the truth.
Haalidah