Start by marking “The Angel's Dictionary” as Want to Read:
The Angel's Dictionary

The Angel's Dictionary

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This is an alternate Cover Edition for ISBN13: 9780982598368.

In this knee-slapping dictionary—Winner of the 2017 National Indie Excellence Award for Humor and Finalist in the Humor category of the 2018 International Book Awards—for coming to terms with modern culture (or lack thereof), politics (so-called) and life (such as it is), bestselling author Sol Luckman reinvigora
Published by Crow Rising Transformational Media

To ask other readers questions about The Angel's Dictionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel's Dictionary

Andrew
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My only experience with Ambrose Bierce was in 10th grade, and my memory of him was that he was easier to read than both O Henry and Poe. I believe I read 2 of his stories, but remember them not at all. Sol Luckman seems to have experienced a greater depth in his governmental conditioning (public schools I would expect) than did I.

So when I picked up the Angel’s Dictionary, I immediately wanted to familiarize myself with his Devil’s Dictionary, and since it can be found for free on the net, a cou
Brendan D.
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Angel’s Dictionary is a sardonic antidote to the trite and asinine slogans and catchphrases – the basic language - of Big Brother’s thought-control system. On one level, it’s light and witty comic relief, and beyond the playful satire, it is scathingly accurate! If you’re in need of some conscious, fun, and thought-provoking wordplay then you might start with The Angel’s Dictionary. Warning: reader may experience symptoms of higher consciousness, greater clarity, and general merriment.
Sol Luckman
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviewed by Melinda Hills for Readers’ Favorite

Irreverent in its honesty and take-no-prisoners approach, THE ANGEL’S DICTIONARY: A SPIRITED GLOSSARY FOR THE LITTLE DEVIL IN YOU is an honest appraisal of words in terms of today’s sensibilities. Sol Luckman has picked up where writers like Mark Twain and Ambrose Bierce left off over a century ago, identifying new associations for words and phrases to match what they really represent today. Some entries result in a genuine laugh while others engend
Melissa Rivera
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This dictionary was hilarious, had to read it twice. I can definitely see myself using these meanings at a social function lol. Would recommend this book to anyone who's up for a couple of laughs 5/5
Doris
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never had so many belly laughs in my entire life. It is absolutely witty, "spot-on" and I LOVE IT. I find that the Angel's Dictionary (Devilish as it may be) adds a quality of "lightness" in bringing about such laughter. I do sincerely feel we may each gain by experiencing more and more laughs in meeting the existing chaos WITHIN our space time. Keep them up, Sol !!!
Plochborough Halpin
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, strange and over-the-top, this satirical "dictionary" is something you do not want to miss. A fantastic exploration of culture and the basics of hilarity, The Angel's Dictionary's savage, raw humor may be devastating to some and fascinating to others.

The definitions are really good, ranging from sophisticated-but-funny to flat out bizarre, and the book always knows how to catch one off guard, IN A GOOD WAY. This book is excellent.
Sherece
Oct 07, 2017
Sol Luckman
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
AnisaAnne
Sarah Taylor-Cruz
 Eileen
Patrick
Jun 08, 2017
Sol Luckman is an acclaimed author of fiction and nonfiction and pioneering ink painter whose work has appeared on mainstream book covers.

His books include the international bestselling CONSCIOUS HEALING and its popular sequel, POTENTIATE YOUR DNA.

Sol’s visionary novel, SNOOZE: A STORY OF AWAKENING, the coming-of-age tale of one extraordinary boy’s awakening to the world-changing reality of his dr
More about Sol Luckman

• The Millionaire Fastlane
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
    $11.99 $1.99