Jump to ratings and reviews

The Cavenaugh Brothers

Two brothers. One family obligation neither could run from.

THE WALLS DUET

Jude Cavenaugh has everything. Until a fatal night changes him forever. Walking away from his family, he pays penitence to the woman he loves by taking a job at the hospital she died in.
It’s the end for him. Or so he believes…

Lailah Buchanan has spent her entire life within the walls of a hospital room. Born with a rare heart condition, she suffers more than most., but never lets it define her. .

Two broken hearts, one moment of connection. That’s all it takes to change their lives forever.

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Roman Cavenaugh has it all. After successfully taking over his family’s company, he’s ready to take on the world.

That is, until his new assistant catches his eye. She’s young, naïve and a little quirky. But in the blink of an eye, she becomes his new obsession.

And he’ll stop at nothing to win her over. After all, all is far in love and war.

WHAT LOVE BUILT

The Cavenaugh family comes together, after nearly three decades of immense highs and devastating lows to celebrate life, loss and happily ever afters.

Kindle Edition

Published June 1, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

J.L. Berg

27 books2,236 followers
J.L. Berg is the USA Today bestselling author of the Ready series, the Walls duet and the Lost & Found series. She is a California native living in the beautiful state of historic Virginia. Married to her high school sweetheart, they have two beautiful girls that drive them batty on a daily basis. When she's not writing, you will find her cuddled up, watching a movie with her family, obsessing over minions or devouring anything chocolate! J.L. Berg is represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, LLC.

VIST MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE! http://amzn.to/2plf54L

FIND ME ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/authorjlberg/

STALK ME ON INSTAGRAM!

!http://bit.ly/2r0CRzp

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews
Profile Image for Hanne.
654 reviews66 followers
June 6, 2017
I absolutely love every single book in this box set and I highly recommend them all. There are so many little things in these books that I loved and they made the books even more special.

Within These Walls was the first book I’ve read by JL Berg and I was hooked. It’s one of favorite books ever and I’ve already reread it. When the box set landed on my tablet, I reread a few of my favorite scenes. This book is emotional, beautiful, real and romantic. Jude is perfection and one of my favorite book boyfriends ever. He’s damaged, but he slowly changes after meeting Lailah. Jude is sweet, caring, kind and smart. He loves being with Lailah and making her smile. Lailah has been sick for many years and is back at the hospital. Her life isn’t easy. Lailah is so strong, mature, loving and sweet. I wished from the start that she would get better and get a happily ever after.

Beyond These Walls is a sequel of Within These Walls, but Within These Walls doesn’t end with a cliffhanger. I loved Jude and Lailah so much that I was over the moon that there was more about them. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of them. They are a beautiful and solid couple. In this book I got more of Lailah and Jude outside the hospital. Lailah discovers something that could put her life in danger again. Jude wants to support her, but he doesn’t want to lose her. She is the most important part of his life and he can’t imagine being without her. Jude is still perfect.

Behind Closed Doors is Roman’s, Jude’s brother, story. I craved his story, because Roman is the complete opposite of Jude and I wanted to know why. Roman was everything I hoped he would be and more. He can be rude and arrogant, but he’s also more than that. He’s a successful businessman and works very hard, because he lives for his work. Cara becomes Roman’s new assistant. She’s perfect for him. I loved every second of Roman and Cara as a couple and also before that. They really belong together and they are a perfect couple.

At the end of the box set, there is a novella about the Cavenaugh brothers many years after Behind Closed Doors ends and I loved it. More about the Cavenaugh family will always make me happy.
Profile Image for Alex Ciz_naughty.
466 reviews2 followers
September 28, 2022
Thank you audible removal countdown!

At some point during this last year I’ve been an audible listener I added this book to my “wishlist.” Since I don’t even remotely remember doing it, it must have been durning my early days of adding possible reads before I went dark (aka dark/bully/alpha romance reading) as it’s so different than my current norm. Well I got a reminder that it was leaving audible on 10/14 and I decided to check it out before it was gone…good thing I did because I FREAKING LOVED IT!!
Such a sweet romantic loving read! Still had shades of the alpha and steamy scenes but mostly a warm encouraging hopeful story. It made me smile in parts, laugh and had to pause to catch my breath in others…some hard lessons in real life brought up but love prevails!
It was about a small town girl with the biggest heart who followed her high school sweetheart to the big apple. He’d already been there for 4yrs (I think) and she was ready to join him after graduating college to start the next chapter of their lives together finally…however it didn’t happened like they planned. No spoilers here but there were some twists that break your heart and I still couldn’t demonize who I was supposed to in the end. These guys were young and trying to figure out their adult lives. Mistakes are mad and different roads to travel appear.
Go grab this audible book before it disappears as the narrators were awesome! I hadn’t heard either Felicity Munroe or Gabriel Vaughan before but they both did an amazing job bringing this story to another level. I had to force myself to mostly listen in my car and not gobble down the kindle version these guys were so good! Sometimes, it’s hard to find great books with great narrators so when I do I try to only listen.
The kindle book version I have is the bundle and I haven’t read the beginning about Jude & may not…I’m a bit of a “team bad boy” myself! 😉
Overall, a fantastic read that reminds us there is still light and love in this world with a little dash of hope and magic sprinkled in. This was my 1st read by J.L. Berg (I believe)! But it won’t be my last, THAT’S for sure!!
Profile Image for Azzie Parks.
651 reviews
June 8, 2017
Epic Love Stories

I love everything about these characters.I loved Leila and jude's story,this man showed this women how much he truly loved her and how much he would do to make all her dreams come true.And Roman and cara to me this was a match made in heaven.A man that didn't think he was good enough for true love and a woman that showed him just how much she loves him and how much love he had to give.J.L. Berg lets you see just how strong these woman are and how far these men will go to make them happy and show how much they are loved.You really did give away a tiny piece of your soul,and yes every word is precious to me as well.These books are fairytales brought to your readers with a HEA.and a journey I want every for get Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
272 reviews
June 7, 2017
⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️

Five stars and five hearts for this outstanding series from J. L. Berg. This is my second time to read this series and it was as good to read the second time as it was the first. Tears and a few laughs were my companions as I read the heartwarming stories of Jude & Lailah and Roman & Cara. I hope the kids get a time to tell their story.
Profile Image for Rose helg.
1,992 reviews8 followers
June 7, 2017
Fantastic Book

This was an Fantastic Book. This could be a TV series. It, was long, but it was worth it. Couldn't put it down.
Profile Image for Tanya.
838 reviews1 follower
June 14, 2017
Loved story but...

Loved the story but wish author had spent more time with the timeline as it doesn't always flow from previous book
Profile Image for Charlotte Witney.
1,594 reviews45 followers
June 14, 2020
DNF couldn't get hooked by the writing or the characters in the book. I thought the story massively dragged out.
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.