Start by marking “Twisted Secrets” as Want to Read:

Twisted Secrets

Craven Falls, Ohio, is a small town with twenty-eight hundred residents-a town where everyone knows almost everyone else and where nothing ever happens, until one day two children disappear. Ashley Teodora spends her days juggling work, school, and her five-year-old daughter, Lily. She receives a phone call from her best friend, Carla Michaels, requiring her to go to ...more
Published May 19th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Secrets

Start your review of Twisted Secrets
Linda Strong

A parent's worst nightmare ... someone snatched Ashley's 5 year old daughter, Lily, when she was with her grandmother at the zoo.

She is beside herself with worry ... and when her daughter's biological father shows up, she doesn't know whether to be happy ...or suspect him of being responsible. Throw in her ding-a-ling brother who hears voices and her most recent boyfriend who is angry because she broke her engagement to him and there are plenty of suspects. But why?

A family pulls together in a
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

The plot had all the ingredients to make this story truly spooky scary. But somehow the execution was not up to the mark. When the book began, it demanded all my attention. I wanted to know who was stalking Ashley and how did he become obsessed with her. And then Dan was introduced, which gave the plot another push in the pyscho dimension. Now, I really wanted to know how these characters were involved.

I am
S.L.
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Twisted Secrets,” Volume 3 of the Secrets and Second Chances series by Donna M. Zadunajsky is an eerie, psychological mystery/thriller that captures readers on the first page and takes them on a turbulent, twisty ride straight through to the very last sentence...

See my full review on the Reader Views Goodreads page.
Reader Views
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Sheri Hoyte for Reader Views (8/17)

When Ashley Teodora is called to help her best friend in her time of need, she leaves her five-year-old daughter Lily with her grandmother for a few days. Catherine Teodora enjoys spending
Deborah Bowman
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Secrets and Second Chances Series by Donna Zadunajsky is a great collection of mystery, murder, romance, and secrets. What more could you want? They don't have to be necessarily read in order because each is a complete plot onto itself. The series is about friends and lives that touch each other over time and distance, showing the bonds we develop that last a lifetime.

"Twisted Secrets", Zadunajsky's latest in the series, is my absolute favorite! This novel is also a psychological thriller!
Kaitlynn Heinl
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a Good Reads Giveaway and was so excited to receive it in the mail! The author sent me the sweetest personalized letter and it turns out we are from the same area!

I loved the book and finished it in just a couple of days. I enjoyed the fact that I could not guess how it would end or any of the twists and turns. It reminded me of a James Patterson novel due to the short chapters and the amount of action that took place throughout the whole book. I thought the storyline was
Jackie Mungle
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
what a great book, I had never hear of Donna Zadunajsky before I won this book , I enjoyed her writing a lot. looking forward to more of her books.
Jackie Mungle
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book, Thank you Good Reads and Donna M. Zadunajsky for the book. I really didn't see the ending coming, not in a million years did I think of that ending. I really don't want to give it away, so get a copy of this book and enjoy.
Vickie
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Although this is the third book in the series, it can be read as a standalone. Ashley has gone to visit her friend Carla (featured in book #2) and leaves her beloved daughter Lily with her mom Catherine. Unfortunately, the scene is set for the person stalking Ashley and determined to make her pay for some unknown slight in the past. Lily is kidnapped and the rest of the book deals with the family dynamics of Ashley, Catherine and Lily, along with newly released prisoner Reece. If you are ...more
Sue
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Ashley is faced with the nightmare of all parents when her 5-year-old daughter Lily is kidnapped. What makes things worse is that all signs point to either her ex-fiance or her younger brother as the kidnapper. At the same time that all of this is happening Lily’s father comes into the picture and Ashley world is turned upside down. Can Ashley find Lily before the unimaginable happens? Will she be able to uncover who has her daughter and why they have taken her away from her?

This is an amazing
Jen
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is book three in the Secrets and Second Chances series, I had no idea, totally can be read as a standalone and not miss a beat. This book gives me mixed feelings, it is heartbreaking as a parent to read about a child going missing - you do not wish that on anyone but it is also so engaging to read. This story starts with a missing six year old girl but the characters that come and go and their contribution to the story, the twists and turns that the author has put in to keep you ...more
Pat Pullum
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mother's worst nightmare - her child is missing! Ashley has taken a trip to visit a grieving friend and left her child Lily with her mother. Then she gets the news that her child has been taken and another girl is lso missing. When Ashley gets back to her mother, she finds that her brother has unexpectantly visited and suspicions start. Then out of the blue, Ashley runs into the man she has thought about for the past 5 years and he has a good reason to help her locate her missing daughter.
This
Bev
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read, own-it
Ashley Teodora spends her days juggling work, school and her five year old daughter, Lily. Ashley is asked by her best friend, Carla, to help her in Illinois. Carla is going through a rough time herself. When Ashley gets home she is told that Lily has been abducted! How can that be, her grandmother was watching her. Catherine Teodora was watching Lily, she turned her head for just a moment and she was gone! The family is pulled together in this nightmare, but some members of the family are ...more
Jane
This started out okay but went downhill.

The voice of the child Lily was not believable. I found her incredibly grating.
The characters represent more than one clichéd and negative example of mental illness.
The narrative contains a lot of clichéd language.
The book should have ended way before it did - I thought it was wrapping up at chapter 60 but no, we were off again for another 20 chapters.

The book has truly ridiculous implausible preposterous plot twists. (view spoiler)
Gwen Shafer
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her books just keep getting better and better. I love the suspense twists and turns that come with these story lines. Lily is a 5 year old little girl just visiting the zoo with her grandmother. But that day her life is turned upside down.So much suspense in this one. This one was so well written you never really know who is doing what and why. The ending I wanted to scream and throw my kindle. I have to know what happens. There is some sad parts to this one but that adds to the amazing story ...more
Michelle
Ashley's story is every parents worst nightmare, a child kidnapped. Twisted Secrets is a heartbreakingly beautiful story full of heartache, mystery, suspense and twists that captivated me. I was on the edge of my seat turning the pages to find out who took Lily and why. I have read the three books in the Secrets and Second Chances series and I recommend them to everyone who loves great novels. I can't wait to read whatever this author comes up with next. I received a free copy of this book via ...more
Carol Boyer
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A parents worse nightmare is when their child goes missing and Ashley Teodara is absolutely torn apart to learn her little girl Lily has been abducted after returning home from visiting her distraught girlfriend in another town.. Her mother Cathearine is devastated because she is the last one to have been with Lily, she was gone in seconds from her sight. This drama keeps you on edge never knowing who to trust with many twists and turns and deep held secrets that are revealed up to the very last ...more
Nora Leduc
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of Twisted Secrets by the author in exchange for an honest review. Donna M. Zadunajsky has written an entertaining story with lots of twists.The characters were interesting, but at times, I wished for more information their lives and what had turned them into the people they'd become. But if you're a thriller fan, you're bound to appreciate the plot and surprises in each chapter.
I rate it 4.5 stars
Sharon
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With so many characters to choose from who could have kidnapped Ashley’s 5-year-old daughter the suspense is off the charts with this one! The author once again has produced an amazing novel! Haven’t read anything by this author that I haven’t enjoyed, she is fast becoming a favourite of mine!
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twisted Secrets by Donna M. Zadunajsky is a wondrful story to read. This is a wonderful story by a brand new author I just found. I loved reading this story cause I love reading suspense stories and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading suspens stories.

Mary  Zebrowski
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book of a series. This book will keep you guessing as to what will happen next. There are many twists and turns to the story of a Grandmother, Mom and granddaughter. I have never read a book with such unique storyline. You will find the ending wanting more. I invite all readers to read and enjoy this book.
Tanya
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is living in a quiet town with her daughter until a child disappears. A friend calls for help so she goes leaving her daughter with her gran. Then her child goes missing and he arrives back from prison. Can they work together to get their daughter back? See if they can

Pat Eroh
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very intricately woven story that twists and turns and keeps me turning the pages. This is one of this author's best though this is only a 3rd book I've read from her and I've loved them all. This is one of my favorites.

Lou Awamy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
It was quasi-interesting but not my kind of book
Donna M. Zadunajsky
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-zadunajsky
Twisted Secrets

Twisted Secrets 'Secrets and Second Chances' Book 3 has been an adventure working on. The story took me in so many different directions I didn't want to stop writing until I finished the book. With an ending that will keep you wondering, what comes next?
Cristie Underwood
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author wrote a thriller that started with a bang and just kept going! The twists kept coming, so I couldn't put it down. I cannot wait to read more from this author!
Bev
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashley Teodora spends her days juggling work, school and her five-year-old daughter, Lily. Ashley is asked by her best friend, Carla, to help her in Illinois. Carla is going through a rough time herself. When Ashley gets home she is told that Lily has been abducted! How can that be, her grandmother was watching her. Catherine Teodora was watching Lily, she turned her head for just a moment and she was gone! The family is pulled together in this nightmare, but some members of the family are ...more
Denice Langley
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
No parent could imagine a more horrible nightmare than to have their child taken. This crime will pull the many characters in the story together to get Lily back to her mother. Donna Zadunajsky has written the characters so well, you have to wonder if this is her worst nightmare too. The story moves quickly as each characters backstory is woven into the whole as the reader tries to figure out how they will save Lily and win the day. A pretty interesting twist on a story line that you didn't ...more
Tracy Wood
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is the only book I have read by this author and unfortunately I think it will remain that way.I found very little to like in this story which is a shame because any book takes a long while to write and becomes part of the writer during that time.

I realise, from the title, it is supposed to be convoluted but it only took things in obvious directions and there were very few surprising moments.

I was able to read a copy of this book thanks to Netgalley and the publishers in return for an
Tracy Cavanah
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to net galley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book it was a great experience a real page turner

• What Rose Forgot
  • The Bone Shroud
  • Renegade Pawn (Lucas Rocha Thriller Series Book 1)
  • The Last Stone
  • Behind Every Lie
  • The Invited
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)
  • A House of Ghosts
  • Bloodhounds (Peter Diamond, #4)
  • Controlled Descent: A Story Of the Restoration
  • Fate of the Fallen (The Shroud of Prophecy, #1)
  • Wonderland: An Anthology
  • Nature's Best Hope: A New Approach to Conservation that Starts in Your Yard
  • Keeping Lucy
  • One Dom to Love (The Doms of Her Life, #1)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • The Dragon of New Orleans (The Treasure of Paragon, #1)
Donna M. Zadunajsky started out writing children’s books before she accomplished and published her first novel, Broken Promises, in June 2012. She since has written several more novels and her first novella, HELP ME! Book 1 in the series, which is about teen suicide and bullying.
HELP ME!, won Awards in: