Start by marking “Intrinsic (The Forbidden Doors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Intrinsic (The Forbidden Doors, #2)

Intrinsic

(The Forbidden Doors #2)

Some boys are better left unkissed. Some books shouldn’t be read. And some doors should remain closed.

The bookstore where I work harkens back to another time—one of flapper dresses and cloche hats, of walking canes and tailored suits, and of boys with impeccable manners and ice-blue eyes. Boys like my coworker, Nikolay.

But the store also holds secrets—a formidable door

To ask other readers questions about Intrinsic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intrinsic

Start your review of Intrinsic (The Forbidden Doors, #2)
M. C. (MagsTheBookWorm)
I would first like to state that I was given an ARC for my honest review. That being said, I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well written, the plot in depth, the pace steady, and the romance sweet. There were enough twists and turns to keep the reader at the edge of their seat and a delightful air of mystery throughout. If you like cozy mysteries with a heaping helping of the paranormal served up with a dish of sweet clean romance, this is your book. It is truly a gem and should ...more
Elda
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an awesome book! Although I received this ARC copy for an honest review, I'm really giving this my HONEST review. Truly this is an awesome book! I started reading this in the early evening and kept trying to find a place in it where I could take a break, but each paragraph kept leading me to the next and then the next until I saw early morning daylight showing through my windows. There is so much drama, suspense, romance, laughter, sadness, magic, time travel...what else can I say? It truly ...more
BP34
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the Forbidden Doors Series but can be read as a standalone. This book was full of mystery, suspense, surprise and kept me guessing. Well written with a strong story line and interesting characters. The plot was deep so I had to concentrate to follow at times, but was a great read. It captured my attention right at the beginning and kept me page turning from then on. I received an advance reader copy and voluntarily chose to review it.
It's rare for a sequel to surpass its predecessor but Intrinsic was simply fantastic. While I loved the characters and story of Phobic, I connected more with Everly. Also I'm a die hard fan of anything with fantastical libraries, old Russia, the 20s and time travel, which Intrinsic has in spades. Lovely paranormal romance for any age.
Lori Hammons
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time travel is so fascinating to me, and this story stands the test of time (pun intended)! Nikolay and Everly's story is incredible and suspenseful. Nikolay and his father are bookmakers and keepers of the pathway between time realms. But there is more than meets the eye to it, as Nikolay and Everly discover. I highly recommend wrapping your head around this story.
Ola Adamska
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2017
This book concentrates on Everly that moved to The Town. She has secrets that need to be revealed. Who is she?
This book is a well-written mix of horror, romance, suspense, and abilities book.
I greatly enjoyed reading it.
Tera Comer
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of twist and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat. Plenty of drama, romance, suspense and many other things to keep you turning the pages! I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it.
Tiffany
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
While this was my first book by Cortney Pearson and a second in a series, I did not feel lost in the story. I enjoyed the storyline, plot and characters even the ones with their own agendas. I will definitely read more by this author in the future.
Emily Moore
Great fantasy edging into the horror genre, and gave me a few twists I didn't see coming. Cortney Pearson is good at that!
Katie
Aug 24, 2018
Jill
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spell-binding
Mystery and Intrigue. Magic Spell Books. Murder and Romance. Courtney Pearson has expertly woven a tale with all of these exciting elements and more to keep the reader engaged and wondering what will happen next. A truly entertaining novel!
Peg
Jun 13, 2017
Elizabeth Meadows
Dec 21, 2018
Stormie
Jun 12, 2017
SD
rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2018
Stacy
Oct 21, 2016
Mellissa
Jan 13, 2017
Cortney Pearson is the USA Today bestselling author of the Stolen Tears series. She writes fantasy worlds brimming with adventure, loyalty, and romance, from wizards, to ghosts, to pirates. She is the mom of four cuties, loves classical music, chocolate, slow-burn kissing scenes, and sparkles. Not necessarily in that order.

Don't miss a thing regarding Cortney's books. Sign up for her newsletter!

The Forbidden Doors (2 books)
  • Phobic (The Forbidden Doors #1)