Start by marking “Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 6)” as Want to Read:

Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist

(Write Faster, Write Smarter #6)

Breathe life into your backlist

Have you launched a novel, or many novels, only to have them land with a whimper? Have you had a great selling book or series slowly fade away to obscurity? What if you could relaunch those books, turning your backlist into a great source of income?
You can. This book will teach you:
- How to analyze your previous launches to determine
Published June 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Relaunch Your Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relaunch Your Novel

Start your review of Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 6)
Lynn Cahoon
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great reminder of what you need to do when relaunching a book
Rachelle
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Step by step for success

Easy, straightforward instruction to find more readers, more targeted audience, increase income, and build your author brand. I noted several things that I'm going to try.
Melissa Pearl
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Very informative. Took pages of notes. Now to go and action them :). Feeling excited and grateful for the solid advice.
Katherine Owen
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like all of Chris Fox's non-fiction books, it was a worthwhile read. I need to take the time to review the strategies for my backlist and this book is going to help me a great deal. As I evolve as a writer, it is good to look back at what I've written and take the time to re-calibrate so I can better share my work with the world. Chris Fox gives writers/authors the permission and the workable guidelines to do just that. Loved the book, Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist (Write ...more
Dave Walsh
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris Fox is one of the few voices in the independent publishing world that stands above the rest.

I had released my first book in my series a few years ago. Stuff happened and I didn't continue until now, although there was that nagging doubts about the shortcomings of said book.

This book was fantastic in helping me assess the problems, learn to live with certain things and take the right steps to make sure that I'm positioning myself better in this crowded market.
S.Q. Orpin
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Direct and concise information

Chris Fox doesn't waste words or fluff up the information to make the book longer. It is a how-to manual that gets to the point with valuable advise. I like a book that delivers on the promised agenda.
Kevin Potter
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-resources
As always, Chris Fox gives a concise, yet detailed analysis of his subject while focusing on what will actually help rather than promising a magical cure-all that won't really work.

Tons of great ideas and excellent strategies here. I can't wait to start implementing them.
Rachel Brune
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
As always, his books are fast and informative. There was less meat here, but more 'systematic approach.' As he states, this is more of a "how to manage your backlist" book, but I've marked down a couple of notes of where to go back once I'm at that point. Good info.
Jery Schober
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Short, precise and tremendously helpful.
K.
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
common sense

in my opinion this was very much chock full of common sense, I was hoping for new ideas. such is life.
Joseph John
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great advice on different tactics to reboot sales of previously published books.
C.A. Gray
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This whole series is helpful, short, and easily digestible. But it's a how-to; in order to get the most out of it, you really do have to do the exercises! (But I guess that should be obvious.)
Skye Hegyes
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was the most important book of the series to me because I am planning on doing this soon. I have the rights back for both Puck's Choice and Jenna's Story and am working on editing them now so that they can be released next year along with the last of the stories in the series. That said, I was interested to learn was Fox had to say about re-releasing books.

Granted, he's telling this all from the perspective of someone who is just relaunching a self-published book, but the theories he
Tracey Pedersen
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of Chris Fox and have all his other writing books. I've got so much great information from each of them and expected this one to be just as great. He's a no brainer and I one click his books without thinking about it. Having said that - I feel like something is missing from this book but I'm not really sure what it is. Maybe this book is more about telling you what to do to relaunch but there aren't as many 'how to' steps as the other books? Whatever it is, the information here is ...more
Michael Elliott
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
For any author at at stage of their career.

I'm a huge fan of Chris Fox. Not only does he inspire me but he also gives valuable tips and advice.
With two collections of short horror stories out, I did have some difficulty in relating to this book as Chris tends to focus on full length novels and uses series and theologies as his examples.
I would've liked to see him use a few more examples from different genres, not just sci fi which his own genre.
Despite that small criticism, I did come away from
Nathan Coops
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
Practical, no-nonsense advice from an author with experience. Chris Fox once again delivers a book that is short, to-the-point, and full of practical tips about how to analyze your backlist and tweak its performance. This is more than just the "write another book" marketing advice that you hear from a lot of authors. Chris uses his own real-life successes and failures to guide you through the pitfalls of launching and re-launching your book. I've read this entire series so far and will continue ...more
Chris Syme
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly what authors need help with. The key to longevity in your author career is getting your backlist to produce a robust income. In this book, Chris will help you understand how to relaunch your backlist books with everything from a minor facelift to a major overhaul. He'll also show you how to map your books in a product family map to help you prioritize which books will best benefit from a makeover. Definitely must reading again from a wise guy--one of my favorite nonfiction ...more
Vannetta Chapman
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was fairly well written - lots of information for authors with a side of humor thrown in every few pages.

A few things to note:
1) It's short. 136 pages per Amazon
2) Much of it is common sense. So if you're well read on the subject of marketing and indie writers, you could probably pass on this one.
3) This is for books that did not launch well initially (due to bad editing, terrible covers, lackluster blurbs, no marketing, etc). I thought it would be a book to help relaunch a book that
Dale Roberts
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Overview of Publishing

Chris keeps it real and isn't afraid to share some of his mishaps and setbacks on the way to publishing success.

Even if you are a newbie self publisher, this book is an excellent quick read to sharpen you up and prepare for your first book launches.

I was actually quite surprised Chris offers his email address for consulting. Anyone who has read any of his books will be more than willing to take him up on that. I know I will.

5 well-earned stars
J.E. Hopkins
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading Chris Fox, especially his non-fiction and enjoyed this latest release. It's a shortish book that feels a little thin, but the advice seems solid and I'll be working through the exercises and trying a relaunch or two. There's no real way to validate one person's recommendations, but I believe his advice is genuinely based on his experience (and his informed observations of others).

Worth taking the time to read if some of your literary children are tired and needing attention.
Anna
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me, the most powerful part of this book was creating a map of how readers move through my backlist. I thought I could tell you the answer to that question already. But perusing alsoboughts and yasiv.com (be sure to change over from "Books" to "Kindle Books" for best data) helped me see that certain of my books, even if they sell fine, aren't building my brand. Readers tend to move on to other authors after those books rather than diving deeper into my backlist, suggesting they're not the ...more
Franklin Kendrick
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Practical and Motivational

This book is just as good as all the others in the series. I love the ideas, and the step-by-step is so useful to someone like me who enjoys roadmaps for large tasks. This is not an easy button, but by using this book, I have already begun to map out my relaunch. Chris is good at the pep talk, and this book is well worth the money. You will be highlighting a lot of it!
Lana Hart
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of Chris Fox's non-fiction work, but this one didn't feel very comprehensive to me and didn't offer a lot of resources for relaunching your novel/series. The tips were pretty par for the course, and I feel most people could figure them out themselves. The real value in this would have been perhaps pointing readers in a direction where they could sort out what they needed to do, such as recommending editors, designers, and so forth.

Overall, I am disappointed in this one.
Taylor Ellwood
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, writing
This is another excellent book on book marketing, which teaches you how to relaunch your novel. There is a ton of practical advice in here and it's certainly making me that of how I can relaunch some of my nonfiction, as well as the fiction I'm starting to write. This is a book you'll want on your journey to become a successful indie author.
Yesenia Vargas
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super helpful read

It took me so long to get to this book because I knew Id want to take action as soon as a read it, and its true. Im so ready to revamp and relaunch my backlist. Chris shows you several ways to do just that and revitalize your sales for previous series. Highly recommend.
Jeff Willis
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though I'm not at the point where this book is particularly useful for my situation (I don't have any titles to relaunch), I've read the other books in this series and wanted to complete the set. It's full of great suggestions about how to evaluate and re-position old titles in order to keep interest up. If you've got a large backlist in need of a makeover, this is the book for you.
Gwen Mitchell
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a lot to this book, especially if you've read the others in the series. It was more like a super-long blog post (based on the amount of new information), but since it was KU, I'm not upset about it. I do recommend the series; there are lots of good nuggets of information in there.
Bill Hines
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great info as usual

Another easy to read informative book by Chris. I don't have a backlist yet but as always there are plenty of nuggets here to justify the cost of the book. I also buy Chris's books as a thanks for his great videos.
Fred Fanning
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
This book explains an action I never really thought you could do. The author explains how to relaunch your novel in a very action-oriented way. I think his explanation and plan are straightforward and can be done by any author. I plan to take the advice in the book.
Merri
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's easier than I thought it would be

The suggestions range from simple to intensive ideas on how to get that back in the reader's hands. Depending on where you are in the process, you can use all or just a few of them. This is a book I'll revisit every year.

• Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author's Guide
  • Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle (Book Marketing for Authors 1)
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
  • How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis: A Step-by-Step System for Enticing New Readers, Selling More Fiction, and Making Your Books Sound Good
  • On Being a Dictator: Using Dictation to Be a Better Writer (Million Dollar Writing Series)
  • Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
  • Supercharge Your Kindle Sales: Simple Strategies to Boost Organic Traffic on Amazon, Sell More Books, and Blow Up Your Author Mailing List (Book Marketing for Authors #1)
  • BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery
  • Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
  • Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors
  • The Last Fifty Pages: The Art and Craft of Unforgettable Endings
  • Gotta Read It!: Five Simple Steps to a Fiction Pitch that Sells
  • Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals
  • Shaved Ape Key (Bob and Nikki #8)
  • Narrate and Record Your Own Audiobook: a simplified guide (Strategies for Success Book 4)
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses
By day I am an iPhone developer architecting the app used to scope Stephen Colberts ear. By night I am Batman. Ok maybe not. One can dream though, right?

Ive been writing since I was six years old and started inflicting my work on others at age 18. By age 24 people stopped running away when I approached them with a new story and shortly thereafter I published my first one in the Rifter.

Wait youre

Write Faster, Write Smarter (7 books)
  • 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Lifelong Writing Habit: The Secret to Writing Every Day
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • Launch to Market: Easy Marketing For Authors (Write Faster, Write Smarter, #4)
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Plot Gardening: Write Faster, Write Smarter