Start by marking “Phoebe and the Doctor: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover Book” as Want to Read:
Phoebe and the Doctor: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover Book

Phoebe and the Doctor: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover Book

(Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover #1)

Harold Manners-Sutton was abducted and tossed onto an outbound naval ship headed to fight the Americans in 1812.

Now, four years later, Harry, brother of Amelia, Duchess of Caversham, has returned to England so he can finish his medical education so he could be a proper doctor. He’s had enough of war, and with his last surviving friend, Reggie, now settled in a safe offic
Published July 30th 2017 by Sandy Raven, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Phoebe and the Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoebe and the Doctor

Start your review of Phoebe and the Doctor: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover Book
Tracy Emro
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
This is the story of Harry Manners-Sutton and Phoebe Grenard. Its tie to the Caversham series is through Harry, his sister is Amelia, Duchess of Caversham (you can read Amelia’s story in the novella Miss Amelia Lands a Duke).

Phoebe has had a couple of rough years, her half-brother Wally was impressed into the Navy with four of his university friends just months before they were set to take their final exams. Five were taken, but only three survived. Just months before Wally was set to come home
Barbara Rogers
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: author-arc
Series: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover with Sue London
Publication Date: 7/30/17

I absolutely loved the book-blurb and premise of this story. I particularly loved that neither the hero nor heroine were titled. Then things went awry from there. I really, really, really wanted to like the heroine and believe in the love story, but I just couldn’t get there. Thus, I have given the book 3-stars because I did like the idea of the story.

I absolutely adored the hero, but couldn’t see what he saw in th
Sieravonne
1. I got bored with the second half.

2. There were a lot of inconsistencies
A. At the first, it was narrated that Phoebe was 5 years older than Lydia but at the later part, it was related that Phoebe was 19 years old while Lydia was 12. Either the author and the editor (if the author has one) forgot about that or they're just not good in numbers.

B. In this story, Amelia, Harry's sister and the Duchess of Caversham, was pregnant with her second child, which was the fourth sibling of the Haldens. In
Luisa Distefano
Jul 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Phoebe e il dottore si presenta come un romanzo rosa con ambientazione storica, ha una struttura formale molto simile alla fiaba in cui i personaggi svolgono dei ruoli ben precisi, il tutto abbellito da una storia d’amore a lieto fine.

Phoebe, la protagonista, è una giovane fanciulla ingenua e determinata, che vuole essere indipendente nel 1816, cosa non semplice in quell’epoca:

…A Phoebe cominciava a sembrare ovvio che molti degli abitanti del posto non vedessero di buon occhio due giovani donne
Ilaria
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Con la recensione di oggi andiamo nell'Inghilterra del 1816, e facciamo conoscenza con Phoebe, una giovane donna di quasi vent'anni, che lavora con la cugina in un piccolo negozio di sartoria.
Il suo passato è molto triste: perse la madre e il padre non era un "padre amorevole", la sorellina più piccola diventò muta quando il fratellastro più grande venne rapito… e poco tempo dopo morì.
Adesso vive con la sorella minore Lydia e la cugina Francine, cercando di sopravvivere con il loro piccolo lavor
Patricia Wissore
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the premise of the book, but it just didn't deliver. Loved the hero, he was almost too good to be true. The heroine, however, lacked any type of common sense. She also seemed almost unemotional. The author wrote about her emotions, she just never showed any. My main issue with the book was that there was too much description of everything. The heroine's internal dialog, the hero's internal dialog, the description of their surroundings, their clothes, and everything. I will admit I had to ...more
Anna Swedenmom
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my mind categorized as a light summer read that makes no lasting impression. What a shock that was to me! This author is one of my favorites so I could not wait to dive into this story. Well, I was disappointed. From a heroine that made no sense and showed no real maturity with the circumstances as they unfolded to her non emotional responses. On the other side of the coin, I liked the hero, I enjoyed the secondary characters of the story. So if you just want a light read that is just th ...more
Pontiki
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wish I’d liked this better. I enjoyed Francie’s story, and I like Pheobe, Harry, Lydia, and the other characters. But, the writing was a mess, with tense issues, grammar, etc. It was problematic enough that it distracted me from the story.

It also seemed like Harry had to rely on the Duke a lot, and Phoebe was in love, then not, with a strange explanation she gives to Harry. Their love is clumsy, and abruptly written.

The other thing that didn’t work was the repetition of the dilemma Phoebe is
Maria Dariotis
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolute pleasure to read, I loved Harold and Phoebe! Harold had been abducted to serve in the navy along with his friends, one of them was Phoebe's brother, who with his dying breath has asked Harold to take care of his sisters. The girls father had many gambling debts and to pay off his debts he sold the girls to a man-Donovan- to work in his brothels!
Harold fell in love with Phoebe and promised to help her. Being the stubborn person that she is Phoebe decided to speak with Donova
Margueritte
If it weren’t for the characters and being a different storyline I would have given it 2 stars. It needed to be edited better - a lot of repetitiveness in the couple’s thinking.

The a main part of the plot hinged on if it was legal to basically sell women into prostitution, and that wasn’t really answered.
Feb 10, 2020
May 12, 2019
Luanne Serrato
Aug 26, 2017
jane s garratt
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2017
Sharon
Feb 03, 2018
Brenda
Aug 17, 2017

• Chapter and Curse (Vampire Book Club #2)
  • Herringbones and Hexes (Vampire Knitting Club #12)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Rapunzel and the Dark Prince (Fairy Tale Heat, #3)
  • The Vampire Book Club (Vampire Book Club #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Chateau Seductions, 0.5)
  • Spelling the Tea (Vampire Tea Room Magical Mystery, #1)
  • Stray Witch (The Vampires of Emberbury #1)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
  • The Vampire's Assistant (The Vampires of Emberbury, #0)
  • Witch's Mirror (The Vampires of Emberbury #2)
  • With Scream and Sugar (Vampire Tea Room Magical Mystery, #2)
  • The Devil Went Down to Florida (Promised to the Demons Book 3)
  • A Spelling Mistake (Vampire Book Club #3)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)
  • Season of Storms (The Witcher, #0.6)
  • The Great Witches Baking Show (Great Witches Baking Show #1)
  • Only Scandal Will Do (House of Pleasure, #1)
Sandy Raven has a husband who spoils her rotten, and kids that are just a hair’s breadth away from perfect. She’s addicted to House Hunters International and has never missed an episode, though she acknowledges that she could never live in most of those countries because the houses are just too small. She is also addicted to Starbucks’ Chai Latte, and never passes up an opportunity to have one.

San

Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover (2 books)
  • Francie & the Bachelor: A Caversham-Haberdasher Crossover