Start by marking “Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)” as Want to Read:
Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)

Agent in Place

(Gray Man #7)

Court Gentry is back in action. This time he's working on behalf of a well-connected group of Syrian expats to secure the Syrian president's mistress so they can use her to bring down the president's regime. But the expats' plan goes awry when it's discovered the mistress has a baby--the Syrian president's only male heir--hidden away in a Damascus safe house.

Court goes after the babyhouse.

Court
Published February 20th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Agent in Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agent in Place

Sean Peters
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Net Galley, The publishers and to Mark Greaney for an honest review, which is easy as I love these books.

Mark Greaney is on my list of favourite authors and most of these are action thriller authors, as well as gripping police thriller authors.

In all honesty I have not read all "Gray Man Books", but read a few and love this character. I believe the more you read in a series, the more you enjoy the character as you understand his/her personality.

Co
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow so much action and intense situations! 4.5 Stars - discounted due to excessive length
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think what I love the most about spy thrillers is the continuous action. There is never a dull moment. Never a time where you say to yourself, “Is it over yet?”

This book kicks off with an amazing story and an intricate plot that leaves you breathless. The author keeps ramping up the suspense and the twists to the story every time you turn the page. ...more
The Real Book Spy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See this review and more at www.TheRealBookSpy.com

Though Court ‘The Gray Man’ Gentry is back with the CIA in an official capacity, the highly-skilled assassin finds himself working for a group of Syrian expats in Mark Greaney’s (Gunmetal Gray, 2016) latest action-packed novel, Agent In Place.

The job is simple, or so he was told.

Hired by a couple who represent a group of well-connected Syrians hellbent on toppling the regime of Ahmed al-Azzam, President of the Syrian Arab Republic, Court Gentry is given the information(Gunmetal
Dave
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Agent in Place is an action-packed thrill ride that includes terrorists, covert operations and all-out war. If you are looking for chick-lit, you best keep walking. This ain't it. This is an adrenaline-filled blast from beginning to end with almost no let up. The mere 500 plus pages of action go by real fast. Court (aka The Gray Man) is a bit of Jason Bourne tangling with counter-agents across Europe, trained to perfection. But, I think there's more of Mack Bolan, the Executioner, here, particul ...more
Melissa
5/5 Stars
Another action-packed thriller from Mark Greaney. I absolutely love The Gray Man. In this novel, he is working on his own, not on contract from the CIA. It involves revolves around the opposition forces to the war in Syria. Court is brought in to "rescue" someone and (naturally) it turns all wrong. Not only does it go sideways, but he is ultimately convinced to help "rescue" an infant from Damascus. There are some funny scenes with Court trying to come to grips with a baby. Fortun
Glen
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Gray Man is back with the CIA, and up to his old tricks of spreading mayhem. This time he's in the Middle East, where things are completely falling apart. He gets in way over his head, but his training and sheer force of will enable him to keep performing his mission.

Best book in the series yet!
Jean
This is the seventh book in the Gray Man Series. Court Gentry is now a freelance mercenary. Gentry has been hired to kidnap the mistress of the Syrian president and then rescue her infant son. But quickly everything falls apart.

The book is well written and plotted. The pace is very fast with constant action. This a series that has each book capable of being a stand-alone book. It is obvious Greaney does a lot of research to make his books accurate politically, weaponry, spy craft and
Samuel
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE SYRIAN SHOT:

“Why should we not boycott the Soviet Union and its supporters inside the country? If we do so, we can force them to review their stand. Either they give us what we want and what is necessary, or they will lose our friendship.” – Hafez Al – Assad.

“Death a thousand times to the hired Muslim Brothers, Death a thousand times to the Muslim Brothers, the criminal Brothers, the corrupt Brothers.” – Hafez Al – Assad.

“They are not my forces, they are military forces that belong to the
Pierre Tassé
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. Great story and so relevant for today's world politics. Of course the subterfuge and covertness adds intrigue. I was sad to read the end....not for any other reason than the book was enjoyable. You do not need to read the first 6 to enjoy this one...
Brett Thomasson
In his second outing as a now un-disavowed asset for the CIA, Court Gentry, "the Gray Man," becomes involved in a plot to aid Syrian expatriates trying to topple their dangerous dictator. He helps kidnap the dictator's mistress when she is in France and get her to the rebels, but discovers she will help no one unless she is reunited with her infant son. The baby has been kept secret by both the mistress and the dictator (who, by the way, is not named Bashar al-Assad), but without him she will not c ...more
Trish R.
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: next-up

Okay, I’ve read all 7 of The Gray Man series and I can honestly say that the first 5 books were great, the 6th was barely okay for me and this 7th one had too much skimming going on for me to really enjoy it. It just went on and on and on with such boring shit.

The storyline was pretty interesting and exciting, when I got to the interesting stuff and the excitement, when I skimmed through the unnecessary filler. It really is time to shorten these books Mr. Greaney. BUT I see book 8 is
Judy Lesley
Book seven in this high octane adventure series has Court Gentry back on the good side with the CIA but now as a freelance operative. While he's waiting for his next assignment with them Gentry takes a job through another group. That's why you will find him sitting in the audience at a top designers fashion show in Paris. Take a deep breath during this sequence of events because from here on out this book is one perilous mission after another.

If you are looking for fast paced action,
Atul Indurkar
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable...my first in the Court Gentry series... looking forward to reading the books in the series. Recommended for spy thriller and action fans...
Michael
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-fiction
Outstanding and full of action and suspense from start to finish. The Gray Man is incredible. There was no lapse in keeping my attention with this story. I enjoyed it from start to finish. This is the first book I have read by Mark Greaney and I look forward to reading many more. I won this book in a GoodReads Giveaway.
Tracy T.
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book in The Gray Man series. Excellent narration by Jay Snyder. (audible review)

I really love this series. It is so well written. Full of action, action and more action. There is always something going on. Lots of dialogue and not full of filler nonsense which is a bonus!

Court Gentry aka The Gray Man is awesome. He is smart and gets himself out of all kinds of crazy circumstances. I love a good espionage/spy/action story and this one does not disappoint. ...more
Pamela Small
Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

If it takes 10 days to read a thriller, that’s about 6-7 days too long! And, therein lies the problem. The storyline’s meat in the middle got dry and overdone. The beginning offered a superb appetizer and the climax and denouement were equally delectable desserts. However, the protracted plot dulled it for me; I lost my appetite for it over and over, so I can not give it the extra star. The author educated me a bit on
Sebastian
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very wel written with lots of twists and turns. But a very entertaining plot that does not get bored. Too bad it's finished and we have to wait too long for new Mark Greany Gray Man number 8
Brent
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Goodreads Giveaways for the opportunity to read this book pre-release.

The Gray Man returns! This time, he voluntarily enters war torn Syria for his most dangerous mission yet. As always, Greaney brings us a fast-paced, action packed and suspenseful novel. Another must read!
The Lit Bitch
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m one of those people that really really really loves government thrillers, military operatives, spy novels, and conspiracy stories. Admittedly I haven’t read a lot of classic ‘spy novels’ but secretly my dream job would be international spy master or CIA operative.

Travel the world with unlimited resources and loose rules with no one to report to….it all sounds horribly romantic to me, which I am sure in real life it is anything but. However a girl can dream.

In addition
Benjamin Thomas
Several weeks ago I participated in a cover survey with Penguin books and apparently that entered me in a drawing for an ARC of the book. The next thing I knew I had received a copy of the book in the mail and a letter notifying me I had been selected as a winner of the drawing as well as a request for a review. At first I thought this was book number two in a series so I tried to borrow book one from the library (I have a fairly strict policy of reading series books in order so that I can exper ...more
Garlan ✌
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good, fast read. The Gray Man gets better with each new book.
Imagey
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all of the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series and that's why I noticed Mark Greaney. I love, love the Gray Man series. In my opinion the Gray Man is quite similar to John Clark in the Jack Ryan series but Mark's books are a lot easier to read than the earlier books in the Jack Ryan series. Can't wait for the next book.
Steve
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The assassin with a moral code. It makes for a compelling protagonist. A man willing to pull the trigger if it's for the right reason. This time around, he'll have to take a couple of the good guys to make it far enough to end the really big bad one. Absolutely a job for the Gray Man.
Terence M
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Audiobook - 16:27 hours - narrated by Jay Snyder
Being close to half-way through my third read/listen of Robert Littell's "The Company", a very long book about the CIA, I decided I needed some more up-to-date, in-your-face action which Court Gentry, "The Gray Man", never fails to provide!
"Agent in Place" was not the best of all the previous "Gray Man" novels I have listened to (now #1-#7), but with fast and furious action caused by unlikely situations in far away lands, it w
Ryan
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, and I'd like to thank Berkley Publishing for the novel.

Reading Agent in Place was my first foray into the Gray Man series, and I anticipated an action-adventure thriller series with each individual installment fairly independent from the earlier books, which turned out to be accurate. Agent in Place is a relatively high-speed spy thriller complete with international intrigue foregrounded in the pressures of the modern-day civil war in Syria. Ma
Shannon Wise
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Due to an unfortunate incident with Normal Mailer in college, I always read the last page of a book first. No surprises. So. That having been said, I read the last page of Agent in Place first. So I knew, very vaguely, the end. Even having done that, this book kept me on the edge of my seat from page 1 to page 507. Since I started the Gray Man series, my favorite books have been Back Blast and The Gray Man. But I think Agent in Place might be number 1 now.

Court is not working for the CIA in thi
Steven Jr.
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mark Greaney's Gray Man series has never failed to entertain. Watching former OGA operative Courtland Gentry travel the globe and take on the pressing threats of the day, whether they be nation-state actors, terrorist threats, cartel buchons, or even top-notch hitmen, is always a pleasure, with Greaney's fast-paced prose and crisp action.

AGENT IN PLACE is another work in the Gray Man tradition. Having just come off a mission in Southeast Asia for the CIA, Gentry is approached to kidn
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Agent in Place is the next installment in the ever entertaining and intriguing story of Courtland “Court” Gentry who is better known in the world of espionage as The Gray Man. This time, Court is hired to kidnap a Spanish model who is the mistress of the Syrian president. However, this mission quickly turns into an attempt to assassinate the Syrian President as well as kidnap his illegitimate child. There is seriously a lot that goes on in this book. And, Agent in Place is a very long book. It h ...more
Nick Brett
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The seventh outing for The Gray Man, Mark Greaney’s lethal special ops character. Mark Greaney did pretty much save the Tom Clancy franchise (much poorer for his departure) but this is his own, excellent, series.
Court Gentry (the Gray Man, please pay attention) has been through a lot of adventures, but now he is tied into the CIA but as an independent operator he can also find his own, er, “work”. The job he takes at the start of this book seems straight forward, abduct the mistress of the
Pat
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Poor Gentry, he's really gotten himself into a pickle this time.

In Paris, to extract a woman from an exclusive hotel, he finds out that a terrorist raid planned for the following night has been brought forward. He fights his way through and gets the woman to safety. She is the mistress of the Syrian president. Syrian rebels want information from her about the President's movements. She won't talk as her son, the President's secret, illegitimate heir is still in Syria. Gent
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Trap the Devil (Dewey Andreas, #7)
  • Operator Down (Pike Logan #12)
  • The Final Hour (Victor the Assassin, #7)
  • The Deceivers (John Wells, #12)
  • The Collected (Jonathan Quinn, #6)
  • The Spear of Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #14)
  • The Sniper and the Wolf (Sniper Elite, #3)
Mark Greaney has a degree in International Relations and Political Science. In researching The Gray Man series he traveled to ten countries and trained extensively in the use of firearms, battlefield medicine, and close range combative tactics.

Learn more at MARKGREANEYBOOKS.COM

Email Mark at MarkGreaneyBooks@gmail.com

Gray Man (9 books)
  • The Gray Man (Gray Man, #1)
  • On Target (Gray Man, #2)
  • Ballistic (Gray Man, #3)
  • Dead Eye (Gray Man, #4)
  • Back Blast (Gray Man, #5)
  • Gunmetal Gray (Gray Man, #6)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
“As an additional bonus, the job was in Paris, and Paris was probably Court’s favorite city” 1 likes
“Send it and end it, kid.”
Court would fire, sending a boat-tail round across fields and lakes, over cabins and farms, and, more often than not, much more often than not, he’d hit his target, thereby ending the “threat.”
He’d send it, and he’d end it.
He thought back to those days, the fundamentals of the craft, and he fought again to remain calm. He forced himself not to feel any emotion at all. Any increase in heart rate, fluctuation in breathing, new sweating on his skin that could cause reflex muscle contractions. Anything different with his body at the moment he fired would affect his shot. It could send the round out of the barrel one hundredth of an inch from where he wanted the muzzle positioned for firing, but translated out across 1.81 miles, the round would end up several feet off target.”
1 likes