Start by marking “Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)” as Want to Read:
Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)

Agent in Place

(Gray Man #7)

Court Gentry is back in action. This time he's working on behalf of a well-connected group of Syrian expats to secure the Syrian president's mistress so they can use her to bring down the president's regime. But the expats' plan goes awry when it's discovered the mistress has a baby--the Syrian president's only male heir--hidden away in a Damascus safe house.

Court goes

Published February 20th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Agent in Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agent in Place

Start your review of Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)
Sean Peters
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Net Galley, The publishers and to Mark Greaney for an honest review, which is easy as I love these books.

Mark Greaney is on my list of favourite authors and most of these are action thriller authors, as well as gripping police thriller authors.

In all honesty I have not read all "Gray Man Books", but read a few and love this character. I believe the more you read in a series, the more you enjoy the character as you understand his/her personality.

Court Gentry is back in action. The
Yigal Zur
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
full action. it took me around 150 pages to get warm with the book. looking backward i quite admire Greaney for his ability not to rush forward but to build the background, the characters, the plot with carefull manicured details. As this is my first gray man novel (and not the last) i did not know much about Court Gentry. this is not important as he is revealing himself slowly not only as tough but with a deep moral sense of what is right and what is evil. And in Syria there is a lot of evil (i ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow so much action and intense situations! 4.5 Stars - discounted due to excessive length
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think what I love the most about spy thrillers is the continuous action. There is never a dull moment. Never a time where you say to yourself, “Is it over yet?”

This book kicks off with an amazing story and an intricate plot that leaves you breathless. The author keeps ramping up the suspense and the twists to the story every time you turn the page.

From Europe to Syria and
The Real Book Spy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See this review and more at www.TheRealBookSpy.com

Though Court ‘The Gray Man’ Gentry is back with the CIA in an official capacity, the highly-skilled assassin finds himself working for a group of Syrian expats in Mark Greaney’s (Gunmetal Gray, 2016) latest action-packed novel, Agent In Place.

The job is simple, or so he was told.

Hired by a couple who represent a group of well-connected Syrians hellbent on toppling the regime of Ahmed al-Azzam, President of the Syrian Arab Republic, Court Gentry
Dave
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Agent in Place is an action-packed thrill ride that includes terrorists, covert operations and all-out war. If you are looking for chick-lit, you best keep walking. This ain't it. This is an adrenaline-filled blast from beginning to end with almost no let up. The mere 500 plus pages of action go by real fast. Court (aka The Gray Man) is a bit of Jason Bourne tangling with counter-agents across Europe, trained to perfection. But, I think there's more of Mack Bolan, the Executioner, here, ...more
Matt Odom
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The latest installment in the Gray Man series is yet another epic tale of espionage and adventure. Enough characters to give you plenty of variety, but not so many that you'll need a flowchart. It's hard to pinpoint a favorite part as the action ebbs and flows and many sequences are long forgotten. Like the rest of the series the book in incredibly long as far as the story itself goes; best thought of as several books in one.
Jean
This is the seventh book in the Gray Man Series. Court Gentry is now a freelance mercenary. Gentry has been hired to kidnap the mistress of the Syrian president and then rescue her infant son. But quickly everything falls apart.

The book is well written and plotted. The pace is very fast with constant action. This a series that has each book capable of being a stand-alone book. It is obvious Greaney does a lot of research to make his books accurate politically, weaponry, spy craft and also the
Jarrod
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The Gray Man goes to Syria for his seventh installment and this is a sordid tale regarding the king of Syria, his mistress and their "love child". Starting off with a kidnapping in Paris and ending with a kidnapping in Syria, Court Gentry takes on terrorist on two continents and contingents on multiple sides to see through to his objectives. Making friends the way he does, the Gray Man slices his way through war-torn Syria with a captivating climax at the end.

This book is grand. Full of detail
Melissa
5/5 Stars
Another action-packed thriller from Mark Greaney. I absolutely love The Gray Man. In this novel, he is working on his own, not on contract from the CIA. It involves revolves around the opposition forces to the war in Syria. Court is brought in to "rescue" someone and (naturally) it turns all wrong. Not only does it go sideways, but he is ultimately convinced to help "rescue" an infant from Damascus. There are some funny scenes with Court trying to come to grips with a baby. Fortunately,
Mr. Gottshalk
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! Aside from Phillip Kerr, this is another mew-to-me author I will have to check out over the summer. The Gray Man is a US assassin, this time in Syria to rescue the baby of the Syrian President’s mistress. And maybe take out the idiot President of Syria as well. There are just enough characters as to where I wasn’t confused. At over 500 pages, the story is a little long, but the writing is sharp and clear, which is what I need after these long days at work.
Glen
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Gray Man is back with the CIA, and up to his old tricks of spreading mayhem. This time he's in the Middle East, where things are completely falling apart. He gets in way over his head, but his training and sheer force of will enable him to keep performing his mission.

Best book in the series yet!
Ralph
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2018
3.5 out of 5 - Fast-paced thriller with plenty of action and suspense.

This edge of your seat thriller has ex-CIA master assassin Court Gentry, a.k.a. The Gray Man, embroiled in a extremely dangerous mission that starts in France and leads to an illegal entry into Syria to exfiltrate a baby boy, the son of Syria's president. Along the way he finds himself caught between warring factions and mercenaries as he attempts to enter the country, grab the baby, and make his escape.

Although a work a
Sebastian
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very wel written with lots of twists and turns. But a very entertaining plot that does not get bored. Too bad it's finished and we have to wait too long for new Mark Greany Gray Man number 8
Brent
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Goodreads Giveaways for the opportunity to read this book pre-release.

The Gray Man returns! This time, he voluntarily enters war torn Syria for his most dangerous mission yet. As always, Greaney brings us a fast-paced, action packed and suspenseful novel. Another must read!
Samuel
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE SYRIAN SHOT:

“Why should we not boycott the Soviet Union and its supporters inside the country? If we do so, we can force them to review their stand. Either they give us what we want and what is necessary, or they will lose our friendship.” – Hafez Al – Assad.

“Death a thousand times to the hired Muslim Brothers, Death a thousand times to the Muslim Brothers, the criminal Brothers, the corrupt Brothers.” – Hafez Al – Assad.

“They are not my forces, they are military forces that belong to the
The Lit Bitch
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m one of those people that really really really loves government thrillers, military operatives, spy novels, and conspiracy stories. Admittedly I haven’t read a lot of classic ‘spy novels’ but secretly my dream job would be international spy master or CIA operative.

Travel the world with unlimited resources and loose rules with no one to report to….it all sounds horribly romantic to me, which I am sure in real life it is anything but. However a girl can dream.

In addition to my rose colored view
Pierre Tassé
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. Great story and so relevant for today's world politics. Of course the subterfuge and covertness adds intrigue. I was sad to read the end....not for any other reason than the book was enjoyable. You do not need to read the first 6 to enjoy this one...
Brett Thomasson
In his second outing as a now un-disavowed asset for the CIA, Court Gentry, "the Gray Man," becomes involved in a plot to aid Syrian expatriates trying to topple their dangerous dictator. He helps kidnap the dictator's mistress when she is in France and get her to the rebels, but discovers she will help no one unless she is reunited with her infant son. The baby has been kept secret by both the mistress and the dictator (who, by the way, is not named Bashar al-Assad), but without him she will ...more
Bent Hansen
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Once again, Mark Greaney blows the reader away with an awesome thriller in the Gray Man series. The Gray Man is simply one of the coolest operators in the genre, because Greaney allows him to be both humble and brilliant, and this - combined with a well-tuned moral compass - makes him a very interesting protagonist in my book.
This time, Greaney brings us mostly to Syria and France with a combination of fictional and real events on the world scene, and while Greaney obviously does thorough
Bklynsouth
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best Of The Best!!

This is far by is the best book so far. I did not want it to end, I tried so hard not to pick it up, only at bed time. But I was weak and read it every chance I got. Run don't walk to get this novel!!!! Looking forward to the next installment.
john thomas
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Long,to much dialog,other than that a good book. You could put it down and make last.

See above.

Long, to much dialog, other than that a good book. You could put it down and make it last.

Judy Lesley
Book seven in this high octane adventure series has Court Gentry back on the good side with the CIA but now as a freelance operative. While he's waiting for his next assignment with them Gentry takes a job through another group. That's why you will find him sitting in the audience at a top designers fashion show in Paris. Take a deep breath during this sequence of events because from here on out this book is one perilous mission after another.

If you are looking for fast paced action, you will
Trish R.
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: next-up

Okay, I’ve read all 7 of The Gray Man series and I can honestly say that the first 5 books were great, the 6th was barely okay for me and this 7th one had too much skimming going on for me to really enjoy it. It just went on and on and on with such boring shit.

The storyline was pretty interesting and exciting, when I got to the interesting stuff and the excitement, when I skimmed through the unnecessary filler. It really is time to shorten these books Mr. Greaney. BUT I see book 8 is due out in
Tracy T.
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book in The Gray Man series. Excellent narration by Jay Snyder. (audible review)

I really love this series. It is so well written. Full of action, action and more action. There is always something going on. Lots of dialogue and not full of filler nonsense which is a bonus!

Court Gentry aka The Gray Man is awesome. He is smart and gets himself out of all kinds of crazy circumstances. I love a good espionage/spy/action story and this one does not disappoint.

I hope there are more to
Michael crage
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great gray man story. Even though he is now in the good graces of the CIA, he is still an independent agent and will only take cases he wants to and still can take cases outside of the CIA. In this story he is hired by a group of expats from Syria living in Paris. They hire him to get the ruler of Syria's mistress. But it becomes more complicated when she tells that she has a son from the dictator, the only male offspring of him. And she won't cooperate without him. So Court has to get ...more
Pamela Small
Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

If it takes 10 days to read a thriller, that’s about 6-7 days too long! And, therein lies the problem. The storyline’s meat in the middle got dry and overdone. The beginning offered a superb appetizer and the climax and denouement were equally delectable desserts. However, the protracted plot dulled it for me; I lost my appetite for it over and over, so I can not give it the extra star. The author educated me a bit on the Syrian
Michael
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-fiction
Outstanding and full of action and suspense from start to finish. The Gray Man is incredible. There was no lapse in keeping my attention with this story. I enjoyed it from start to finish. This is the first book I have read by Mark Greaney and I look forward to reading many more. I won this book in a GoodReads Giveaway.
Chuck
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: techno-thrillers
Another great Gray Man tale. In this one, he is sent to Paris to rescue the mistress of the Syrian leader. He winds up saving her from an assassination attempt. He then goes to Syria to smuggle out her infant son. Lots of action!
Atul Indurkar
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable...my first in the Court Gentry series... looking forward to reading the books in the series. Recommended for spy thriller and action fans...
Brian
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-own, library
Couldn’t put this one down towards the end!

• Operator Down (Pike Logan #12)
  • Bloody Sunday (Dewey Andreas, #8)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Daughter of War (Pike Logan, #13)
  • The Terminal List (James Reece, #1)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Red War (Mitch Rapp, #17)
  • Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)
  • Spymaster (Scot Harvath, #18)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • Line of Sight (Jack Ryan Universe, #25)
  • Tom Clancy Enemy Contact
  • The Deceivers (John Wells, #12)
  • Kill For Me (Victor the Assassin, #8)
  • Hellbent (Orphan X, #3)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • True Believer (James Reece, #2)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
Mark Greaney has a degree in International Relations and Political Science. In researching The Gray Man series he traveled to ten countries and trained extensively in the use of firearms, battlefield medicine, and close range combative tactics.

Learn more at MARKGREANEYBOOKS.COM

Email Mark at MarkGreaneyBooks@gmail.com

Gray Man (9 books)
  • The Gray Man (Gray Man, #1)
  • On Target (Gray Man, #2)
  • Ballistic (Gray Man, #3)
  • Dead Eye (Gray Man, #4)
  • Back Blast (Gray Man, #5)
  • Gunmetal Gray (Gray Man, #6)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
“As an additional bonus, the job was in Paris, and Paris was probably Court’s favorite city” 1 likes
“Send it and end it, kid.”
Court would fire, sending a boat-tail round across fields and lakes, over cabins and farms, and, more often than not, much more often than not, he’d hit his target, thereby ending the “threat.”
He’d send it, and he’d end it.
He thought back to those days, the fundamentals of the craft, and he fought again to remain calm. He forced himself not to feel any emotion at all. Any increase in heart rate, fluctuation in breathing, new sweating on his skin that could cause reflex muscle contractions. Anything different with his body at the moment he fired would affect his shot. It could send the round out of the barrel one hundredth of an inch from where he wanted the muzzle positioned for firing, but translated out across 1.81 miles, the round would end up several feet off target.”
1 likes